Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The A&k M249 S.a.w. Paratrooper Review, By: goldeneye007airsoft
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 11 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #1

This... is my BOOMSTICK

Group: Elite
Member No.: 37,777

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for goldeneye007airsoft

The A&K M249 Squad Automatic Weapon

S.A.W

The following is a review of the A&K M249, PARA. This is my first review, and I'd like some criticism. Please keep it mature. Nothing like "OmG, ure picsz r deh werst". A better way of saying that is "You're picture taking skills are a bit shabby". Enjoy.

A History of the Real Steel counterpart

The M249 was originally the Minimi, made by FN Herstal, or Fabrique Nationale Herstal, a Belgian firearms manufacturer. The Minimi was introduced in 1974, and was almost adopted by many countries including Australia, Canada, U.S, Greece, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, U.K, Sweden, Thailand, New Zealand and of course Belgium. The weapon is currently being built in the FN Herstal factory in Belgium, and also in Australia, Grece, and the U.S.A, by FN Manufacturing LLC. There are many variants of the Minimi, such as the MK46, with slightly altered sights and barrel, the MK48, which takes the 7.62X51MM NATO rounds, compared to the Minimi taking the 5.56X45MM NATO round. Stock sizes also vary. There is a full stock version, a skeletal stock, and the collapsible stock, for troops such as Helicopter pilots, Paratrooper forces, armored vehicle crews. There is also a vehicle Model, there the Minimi is attatched to the top of armored vehicles, and has no stock. When the U.S adopted the Minimi as the M249 SAW in February 1982, the sights were slightly changed. Then, when the M60E3 was deemed unreliable in 2001, the U.S Government had created the MK48, firing the same round as the M60, providing the same supporting fire that soldiers needed. In 1984, an FN Manufacturing factory was built in South Carolina, where the S.A.W's of today are being built.

Specifications of the A&K M249 PARA Automatic Electric Gun
  • Brand- A&K
  • Model- M249 S.A.W
  • Version- Paratrooper [Collapsable stock]
  • FPS- 389 [Average on Madbull Chrono at field]
  • Weight-16.6 LBS [Unloaded]/ 17.3LBS [Loaded]
  • Length- 2'7" or 31in. [Stock Collapsed] 3' or 36in [Stock out]
  • Gearbox type- CA type
  • Battery Type- 9.6V small conector
  • Capacity-2,500 BB's, or STANAG (M4/M16) mags, Hi-Capa, Mid-Cap, Low-Cap
  • Recommended BB- AE .25
  • Accuracy- Up to about 90 feet
  • Material- All Metal- only plastic- Grip, Foregrip, Heat Shield
  • Cost- $250.00 from www.airsplat.com
  • Rails- 20MM of top of reciever
  • Functions- SAFE and FULL AUTO

First Impressions

I''m sorry, as I don't have the box. It was too hideous to actually photograph. I remember waiting anxiously June 9th, 2008. My gun was about to arrive. After about 3 hours of playing my PSP near the front window, I saw the UPS truck pull up. I saw the driver take out the box, holding it with 2 hands, looking like he was surprised. I knew it was going to be heavy. It was a plain brown box. As soon as I got it inside the house, I ripped the boxopen. What do I see? Styrofoam. Nothing but styrofoam. I was expecting at least the typical airsoft gun cover. A picture of the gun, and thing written in Japanese, or in this case Chinese, due to the fact that it's All China Made [ACM]. Nothing. That did make me frown. I removed the styrofoam top and then saw it. My M249. It was like opening a treasure chest. My face lit up. My dad's too. I pulled it out, almost dropping it, shocked with how much it weighed. I really didn't expect that. I was amazed by the gun. I really couldn't hold it much longer, not because of the weight, but it was too hot. The temperature outside was around 102 degrees, and it heated the gun up. I looked at the inside of the styrofoam, and saw black areas, burn marks. I'm not kidding. I went to put in the battery...

The Battery and Quick Swap Feature

The battery is a stock 9.6V 1100MaH, I believe, battery. It takes a small type connector. I thought this battery would not last a long time. But it did. I played a 7 hour game, 5K rounds, ad still had juice. That was amazing. Putting this battery in was a pain. I was trying to remove the foregrip, but it was in there pretty nicely. So I used the Quick Barrel Change feature. For those of you that don't know, that is a feature where you remove the snap-oon heat shield, push down on a small lever, and the entire berral assembly comes out. The inner, outer, everything. Some pics-
The heat shield

The lever is on the opposite side of the carry-handle

The metal outer barrel slide right off

The inner barrel slide right out also.

Then, you see the bettery connectors. But somethng was weird with this connector. The black wire was in 2 parts. They fastened in. I fastened them, and out the battery in. I put everything back together, and load up the box mag

and go to pull the trigger. Nothing. I open it up again, and find that the fasteners for the black wire had snapped. My dad and I drove over to Home Depot and picked up some connectors. After putting the connectors on, everything was fine. An inconveinence, but not such a small one. The proper way to install the battery, is through the foregrip. I finally sometime last week, removed it.
To remove it, I propped it up on my bed, pulled the foregrip in an outwards motion, and then pulled down to release the catch.
This picture shows where the battery should go and shows the yellow connector used.
The foregrip alone.

More to come in next post ;]

This post has been edited by goldeneye007airsoft: Jul 12 2008, 02:09 AM

--------------------

My WE SCAR Initial Overview

My A&K M249 Review

My "s" button only works sporadically, so please forgive any typos. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CMP
post Jul 11 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Im a bystander, a motivator....

Member No.: 22,081

Add Feedback for CMP

You have a quite nice beginning there. I suggest talking a little bit more about the gun, maybe writing about your shooting experience, and even take some pics of shot targets.
That would finish off this already good review.

--------------------

Props to Aquafina for the sig

If I advance.........follow me. If I stop......urge me on. If I retreat........kill me. Kaibiles, Guatemalas Special Forces

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 11 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #3

This... is my BOOMSTICK

I'm working on part 2 now on another tab. It's not nearly complete.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 11 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #4

This... is my BOOMSTICK

The Box Magazine

The Box Magazine for the M249 is very finicky. I'd give it a 3/5 rating. It is electric, and does not require winding. Load the box magazine, you take off the large rectangular cover on the rectangular side. There are 2 buttons to press simultaneously, and then you pull off. The BB's go intp the large compartment on the opposite side of the batteries
There are 3 settings on the box magazine. SOUND CONTROL, OFF and AUTO. AUTO is exactly what it sound like. It automatically feeds bb's. It's good for really laying down support. SOUND CONTROL is when the microphone in the box magazine [yes, microphone] detects the sound of the gearbox movement, and so feeds BB's when the trigger is pulled. There is a short delay, maybe 1 or 2 seconds, but I like this featur a lot, so I don't have to keep on switching between OFF and AUTO.
This is the part inserted into the gun. The microphone is the small circle besides the "feeding-thingy".
Inserting the magazine is a pain. A huge pain. A good idea would be to snap the magazine onto the body first, and then insert the feed tubes. That would be a sensible way to go, but with this magazine, you need to insert the feeding part first, and then the rest of the magazine.
A view through the magwell, revealing the metal gearbox.

The Bi-Pod

The bi-Pod has to be the worst feature of the gun. Although it does have 3 height settings and all, it's terrible. Many people complain about it not locking into place. That's not the issue for me. My environment has many areas to, well, prop up a bi-pod. I use the bipod so often, because it makes the gun easier to use. But, there is limited movement where turning is concerned. Up and down? Almost none. But that's still not the worst part. Th bipod is very thin, and flimsy. It is pot-metal. I expected something a bit stronger. The bipod filed away at the notches where it locks. So now, when maybe in a 2nd floor building, let's just say, you go to shoot at enemies at a downward angle, the bi pod will file away at the notch, making the bipod go back to it's IN position. It won't lock into place!. I have stumbled forwards many times bacause of this. I even have a bruise on my shoulder from falling onto the stock. The bipod gets a 1/5.
The flash hides the filings, but they;re there. Trust me. And igore the WE in the back. Please, ignore it.

Getting to the gearbox

Getting to the gearbox is very simple. But, sadly, I can't show you the entire process. I'm not allowed to open them up anymore, because I broke my first AEG like that. I'm terrible with gearboxes. Really. GBB's are more my thing.

to acces the gearbox, you'd ned to open the flip up cover. This is very simple. Below the 2nd knob for sight adjustment, the height adjustment, there are 2 semi-circle buttons. When pushing those simultaneously, you'll be able to push the top open. Just be sure to comfirm that it stay's open, and doesnt fall straight onto your finger. There are some sharp edges on the bottom, and it does weigh about 1 pound. It hurts.
You'll get this as a result.
To go even further, like most people do, you need to unscrew a knob behind the grip, which lets the main part of the stock fold downwards, revealing the rest of the gearbox. Then, you remove it.

SHOOTING

This is a wonderful shooter. I can't tell you the exact ROF,but I can tell you it's very high. A higher voltage battery will cause issues. I tried a 9.6V to get a better ROF, and the gun would stall in between shots. Not good. The accuracy of this weapon is amazing. The sights do need adjusting, a bit of it, but once you set them, you're shooting straight as a bullet [hehe and I know bullets don't go straight]. The groupings I got at 40 feet were amazing. Circumstances were bad, I had a low battery, and only one sheet of paper to shoot at. I got off 3 rounds at a decent power. Good enough for me. The gun was rested on a sawhorse I found in my garage.
The tiny colored peace signs represnt where the shots hit. Not bad for 40Ft.

The Stock

The stock is very simple. To extend the stock, you pull out, and turn clockwise. It has a small metal shoulder support that snaps out. To shorten it, turn counter-clockwise, and push in.
Extended
Collapsed

Pros
Fake, moving charging handle
All metal
Very sturdy
Easy acces to inner barrel and gearbox
High ROF
Very accurate
Long lasting Battery
Very nice looks

Cons
Not so great box mag
Faulty wiring setup
Terrible BiPod

More of the gun itself

Thank you for reading this review. I will be happy to answer any and all questions, and will take picture requests.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
rcmustang
post Jul 12 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 35,446

Add Feedback for rcmustang

btw, the A&K's come with 9.6v batteries.

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 12 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #6

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (rcmustang @ Jul 12 2008, 01:26 AM) *
btw, the A&K's come with 9.6v batteries.

Oh. Sorry. I'll fix it.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
CMP
post Jul 12 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #7

Im a bystander, a motivator....

Member No.: 22,081

Add Feedback for CMP

Very nice review. Very good pics and there is a lot of explaining text. Theres a good balance between text and pics.

Approved.

--------------------

Props to Aquafina for the sig

If I advance.........follow me. If I stop......urge me on. If I retreat........kill me. Kaibiles, Guatemalas Special Forces

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 13 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #8

This... is my BOOMSTICK

Awesome. My first review was a good one. Thanks CMP laughbounce.gif

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
JohnnyMadDog
post Jul 20 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #9

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 41,297

Add Feedback for JohnnyMadDog

Please tell me that fugly orange chunk is removable...So I can take it off and paint it.

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 23 2008, 03:28 AM
Post #10

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (JohnnyMadDog @ Jul 20 2008, 10:05 PM) *
Please tell me that fugly orange chunk is removable...So I can take it off and paint it.

Yes, you can screw the entire flash hider off, but it's hard to do, andI'm not willing to try it.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
CafeMondo
post Jul 26 2008, 04:57 AM
Post #11

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 38,883

Add Feedback for CafeMondo

You don't need to take off the side of the boxmag to load with bbs. If you look where the tubes come out for feeding and mic wires theres a small flap that slides open into which you can pour the bbs.

How do you mean that your gun stalls on a 9.6v? Do you mean misfeed? Some boxmags need some plastic taking off the tabs and a battery mod to take it to 6v for better feeding.

You need to be quite firm with the handguard to remove it to change the battery. Easier than removing the barrel and your less likely to mis align the hopunit to the mag feeder putting it back on.

Check all of the screws for tightness before using one. Ive just had one that was very loose on the gearbox and magwell feeder.

Good review.

This post has been edited by CafeMondo: Jul 26 2008, 05:03 AM

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Jul 26 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #12

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (CafeMondo @ Jul 26 2008, 04:57 AM) *
You don't need to take off the side of the boxmag to load with bbs. If you look where the tubes come out for feeding and mic wires theres a small flap that slides open into which you can pour the bbs.

How do you mean that your gun stalls on a 9.6v? Do you mean misfeed? Some boxmags need some plastic taking off the tabs and a battery mod to take it to 6v for better feeding.

You need to be quite firm with the handguard to remove it to change the battery. Easier than removing the barrel and your less likely to mis align the hopunit to the mag feeder putting it back on.

Check all of the screws for tightness before using one. Ive just had one that was very loose on the gearbox and magwell feeder.

Good review.

Yeah, I noticed the little door afterI wrote this, but its a pain. 2,500 BB's, throught a tiny space? Or a dump? Dump is easier.

Stalling, as in, BB's rolling out of the barrel, while a firing noise occured

Yes, I know, I DID get it off, but it took some prying.

I have. Everythingwas tightened.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
mwjscn
post Jul 26 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #13

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 35,323

Add Feedback for mwjscn

Airsoft Reports on Youtube actually has a review of this gun as well. Just thought I would add it if anyone would like to see it.

Quality Review Part 1/3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=J266D9R3qcQ
Quality Review Part 2/3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=2QEL8f8FOcg
Quality Review Part 3/3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XmjmVj8qJzA

Drum Magazine Instructional - http://youtube.com/watch?v=bBFhRL6UiMk

Firing Report - http://youtube.com/watch?v=3dcwz2Bnzpk

--------------------
FunkyMonkey - "Die, un-nice fellows that share a mutual hatred with me,
which we shall settle using our weapons! But preferably with you dying first!"

+Quote Post
Aqua Donkey
post Jul 26 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #14

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 34,855
SOA Name: Aqua Donkey

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: -1 (42.9%)
Add Feedback for Aqua Donkey

I think you need to redo the target and accuracy. 40 ft can't really show any accuracy difference between guns. You need to say how big the target is, probably trace a nice circle.

--------------------
100 shots...one kill....100 welts :D
I am a 1337 125th ranger navy seal shadow dmr support sniper...one shot one miss
BUY MY STUFF!
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/biggest-...4#entry18304074
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/16-M4-Mags-t185298.html
=====================

+Quote Post
Malone
post Aug 2 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 40,236

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (100%)
Add Feedback for Malone

QUOTE (Aqua Donkey @ Jul 27 2008, 12:49 AM) *
I think you need to redo the target and accuracy. 40 ft can't really show any accuracy difference between guns. You need to say how big the target is, probably trace a nice circle.

to aqua-
well it's a saw not a DMR.....

to ny giants

great review, good wording and pictures.
and I agree with you that bi-pod doesn't look like its built to last.
awesome job.

--------------------

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 3 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #16

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (Malone @ Aug 2 2008, 10:52 PM) *
to aqua-
well it's a saw not a DMR.....

to ny giants

great review, good wording and pictures.
and I agree with you that bi-pod doesn't look like its built to last.
awesome job.

Haha. Thanks,

And NYG FTW!

Yes, the bi-pod is sheer crap. Nothing more.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
killerpretzel
post Aug 3 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #17

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 34,585

Add Feedback for killerpretzel

I might want to recommand this to my support unit. Good, solid , review....

--------------------

My Weapons: G&G GR16A2 Plastica-TSD M14 Spring-KWC M9

Are you really wasting your life reading this text?

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 3 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #18

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (killerpretzel @ Aug 3 2008, 07:28 PM) *
I might want to recommand this to my support unit. Good, solid , review....

Thanks. I appreciate any criticism. And, any support unit will want one of these.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
TripolisUnited
post Aug 4 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #19

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 29,981

Add Feedback for TripolisUnited

What kind of BBs are you using? You may find better results with higher quality BBs. Most people tend to play with high quality BBs, I can;t really tell from the pictures what brand of BBs you are using, so I wont assume anything, but try testing with high quality .2gram BBs, as they seem to be the standard.

--------------------
Right place, right time, right uniform makes a stellar cadet.

"Cold is a state of mind" - Someone who obviously brought there polypros...

"Are you a member of Bin Laden?" - Realsword Representative

In response to my question to wether or not Norinco provided RealSword with airsoft bodies, RealSword sent me a very nasty and angry email accusing me of affiliation with terrorism and lack of honour and faith in the FBI (?), called me a liar and constantly asked me exactly who I was, but assured me that Norinco didn't make the bodies for the airsoft guns...PM me if you want to read the message.

Everything in life is easy after you've wrestled - Dan Gable

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 4 2008, 02:31 AM
Post #20

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (TripolisUnited @ Aug 4 2008, 02:28 AM) *
What kind of BBs are you using? You may find better results with higher quality BBs. Most people tend to play with high quality BBs, I can;t really tell from the pictures what brand of BBs you are using, so I wont assume anything, but try testing with high quality .2gram BBs, as they seem to be the standard.

I get great results with my AEX .23s

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
Oscar05
post Aug 19 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #21

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 41,979

Add Feedback for Oscar05

Good review. I can't wait till I get my M249.

--------------------

Sig by Onikozah.

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 21 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #22

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (Oscar05 @ Aug 19 2008, 11:38 AM) *
Good review. I can't wait till I get my M249.

You won't regret it. Judging by your sig, I'm guessing you went PARA, right?

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
kuyakev
post Aug 27 2008, 01:09 AM
Post #23

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 42,473

Add Feedback for kuyakev

hey great review. im planning to get this exact gun. im going to use it primarily for CQB. from what ive read in ur review, its average muzzle velocity is ~380 fps. is there anyway I can tone that down because the place I go to has a limit of 350? sorry im really new to airsoft. also, is it easy to open/maintain the gearbox of this gun? thanks.

This post has been edited by kuyakev: Aug 27 2008, 01:20 AM

--------------------
aim high, lay low..

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 27 2008, 01:25 AM
Post #24

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (kuyakev @ Aug 27 2008, 02:09 AM) *
hey great review. im planning to get this exact gun. im going to use it primarily for CQB. from what ive read in ur review, its average muzzle velocity is ~380 fps. is there anyway I can tone that down because the place I go to has a limit of 350? sorry im really new to airsoft. also, is it easy to open/maintain the gearbox of this gun? thanks.

I don't really know. I'm terrible with AEG's. I know a spring change (I have no clue which) would do the trick. The gearbox is very easily openable. And easy to maintain.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
mwjscn
post Aug 27 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #25

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 35,323

Add Feedback for mwjscn

To reduce your FPS you should put in a weaker spring. I believe this weapon has the easy spring swap system so it will be ridiculously easy to do.

--------------------
FunkyMonkey - "Die, un-nice fellows that share a mutual hatred with me,
which we shall settle using our weapons! But preferably with you dying first!"

+Quote Post
SD3_Joker
post Aug 27 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #26

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 21,159

Add Feedback for SD3_Joker

Yes, you can change out a spring in less then 30 seconds with this AEG. You need to 'Shotgun' the stock by taking out the upper retaining pin (one side screws off and then just pull it out and the stock will pivot down), then open the feed tray cover on top. You'll see the little 'Trigger' on the top of the mech box. Put your thumb against the circle on the end of the mech box and push it in just slightly while you pull up on the trigger, then, while still holding the trigger up, you should be able to slide out the spring guide block and pull the spring out. After that, all you have to do is slide the new spring in, push the spring guide block back in until it locks into place and then close it up.

Voila, Spring changed.

But besides that, goldeneye007airsoft, this is a great review. Have you done any upgrading to yours, yet? You should think about adding in a section to show some easy upgrades on the gun. That would be sweet.

--------------------
"Sometimes, you just have to fall back on superior intelligence.... and superior firepower... and thats all she wrote...."

+Quote Post
kuyakev
post Aug 28 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #27

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for kuyakev

QUOTE (SD3_Joker @ Aug 27 2008, 06:28 AM) *
Yes, you can change out a spring in less then 30 seconds with this AEG. You need to 'Shotgun' the stock by taking out the upper retaining pin (one side screws off and then just pull it out and the stock will pivot down), then open the feed tray cover on top. You'll see the little 'Trigger' on the top of the mech box. Put your thumb against the circle on the end of the mech box and push it in just slightly while you pull up on the trigger, then, while still holding the trigger up, you should be able to slide out the spring guide block and pull the spring out. After that, all you have to do is slide the new spring in, push the spring guide block back in until it locks into place and then close it up.

Voila, Spring changed.

But besides that, goldeneye007airsoft, this is a great review. Have you done any upgrading to yours, yet? You should think about adding in a section to show some easy upgrades on the gun. That would be sweet.

do you know the type of spring(stock) it comes with when you buy it?

--------------------
aim high, lay low..

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 30 2008, 01:38 AM
Post #28

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (SD3_Joker @ Aug 27 2008, 10:28 AM) *

Voila, Spring changed.

Sorry, it's staying stock, since I'm saving up for something else. A pistol project.

No, I don't know what spring it comes with. But thanks.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
kuyakev
post Sep 3 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #29

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for kuyakev

do you know which type of RIS can be fitted with this SAW?

--------------------
aim high, lay low..

+Quote Post
rcmustang
post Sep 3 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #30

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (kuyakev @ Sep 3 2008, 10:22 AM) *
do you know which type of RIS can be fitted with this SAW?

The G&P or CA.

+Quote Post
machine gun kell...
post Sep 12 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #31

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,019

Add Feedback for machine gun kelly

I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help.

1) If I put a CA ris on the SAW will I have to wire my gun to the back or not?
2) What type internals does it take? All type 2 CA-compatible I'm guessing
3) I've heard these wear thru pistons at a phenomenally fast rate, like 1 every couple weeks with a good amount of use. Really?
4) Is there any other ECLAN sight besides the Guarder 4x one? What about the ranger grip?

The last 1 you don't really have to answer I'm not that lazy but if anyone wants to save me some searching...

--------------------
I spend long periods of time away from any airsoft forums from time to time, so don't expect to be able to get a hold of me often.

+Quote Post
kuyakev
post Sep 13 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #32

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for kuyakev

QUOTE (machine gun kelly @ Sep 12 2008, 03:21 PM) *
I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help.

1) If I put a CA ris on the SAW will I have to wire my gun to the back or not?
2) What type internals does it take? All type 2 CA-compatible I'm guessing
3) I've heard these wear thru pistons at a phenomenally fast rate, like 1 every couple weeks with a good amount of use. Really?
4) Is there any other ECLAN sight besides the Guarder 4x one? What about the ranger grip?

The last 1 you don't really have to answer I'm not that lazy but if anyone wants to save me some searching...

With the Para version, I don't think that you will need to re wire at all. To save you trouble and time, get a PEQ box and attach it to the RIS. The box should be enough to house your battery. If you were to re rewire your battery to the back, you would need to purchase a stock to house the battery.

I don't own a SAW myself, but Ive been doing lots of research on it for the last few months. Its been on my wishlist for longest time. From what Ive read, it should be able to take CA aftermarket internals. In addition, the A&K is also compatibe with CA and Echo 1 external upgrades. Im not really sure about Top.

The SAW eats gears for breakfast. lol. Is this a myth or fact? I don't really know. People have been saying that SAW will wear down your internals very quickly compared to other AEGs. I would love to see the internals of a SAW after firing 10,000 rounds without any changes/upgrades using only the stock parts. A fellow ASF member gave this link to me which covers the SAW internals very well.
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/16/page/1
From what Ive seen, I suggest that you upgrade the internals because the stock components wont be able to hold that long.

In regards for the Elcan scope, check this link.
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...clan_review.htm

Ranger Grip
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=28784

Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by kuyakev: Sep 13 2008, 11:57 AM

--------------------
aim high, lay low..

+Quote Post
rcmustang
post Sep 13 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #33

ASF Citizen

My gears broke (axles not teeth) pretty quick. I've replaced them with Modify and they broke. Replaced with Systema and have put at least 7000+ rounds through is so far and no more problems. Two people I know has a para and a MKII and are still on the original gears with 5000+. So, it could be hit and miss with the gears but not a common problem that I've heard of.

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Sep 16 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #34

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (rcmustang @ Sep 13 2008, 01:06 PM) *
My gears broke (axles not teeth) pretty quick. I've replaced them with Modify and they broke. Replaced with Systema and have put at least 7000+ rounds through is so far and no more problems. Two people I know has a para and a MKII and are still on the original gears with 5000+. So, it could be hit and miss with the gears but not a common problem that I've heard of.

Now at around 10K plus, not one issue.

To Kukayev- The E1 IS the A&K, so all upgrades will be compatible. The A&K is a CA clone, so the same there. That ELCAN is $220, decent, but there are ACM ones on http://ebaybanned.com/ and http://uncompany.com/ for around $100. Ranger grips are overrated. They don't help much at all. I tried. The gears for me have been rock solid. With the stock battery, I have gone through around 10K shots, no problem.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
kuyakev
post Sep 17 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #35

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for kuyakev

QUOTE (goldeneye007airsoft @ Sep 16 2008, 01:56 PM) *
Now at around 10K plus, not one issue.

To Kukayev- The E1 IS the A&K, so all upgrades will be compatible. The A&K is a CA clone, so the same there. That ELCAN is $220, decent, but there are ACM ones on http://ebaybanned.com/ and http://uncompany.com/ for around $100. Ranger grips are overrated. They don't help much at all. I tried. The gears for me have been rock solid. With the stock battery, I have gone through around 10K shots, no problem.

oh ok. so the echo1 is basically the same as the A&K. its just im hearing mixed reviews from each version. I cant really decide which one is the best buy. however, im sticking to A&K when I get my SAW. you said that your SAW is still in great condition after firing ~10,000 thousand rounds. have you changed any gearbox component at all? are you still using stock components?

--------------------
aim high, lay low..

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Oct 7 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #36

This... is my BOOMSTICK

QUOTE (kuyakev @ Sep 17 2008, 11:10 PM) *
oh ok. so the echo1 is basically the same as the A&K. its just im hearing mixed reviews from each version. I cant really decide which one is the best buy. however, im sticking to A&K when I get my SAW. you said that your SAW is still in great condition after firing ~10,000 thousand rounds. have you changed any gearbox component at all? are you still using stock components?

My gun is 150% stock. I haven't upgraded a thing. I plan to do something externally to it, but that's all.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
Blak110
post Nov 1 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #37

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 41,514

Add Feedback for Blak110

I'm getting this thing next summer, when I have my summer job and cash to spend...

--------------------
The strength of the pack is the wolf

thanks to eege for the epic sig.
QUOTE (Kavurcen @ Feb 23 2010, 11:43 PM) *
No, I got that, but I'm just interested in how you would light someone on fire at an airsoft skirmish.

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Nov 29 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #38

This... is my BOOMSTICK

UPDATE!
The box mag asploded! It had ridiculous feeding issues. I couldn't shoot a thing. So I decided to take it apart, and look for a jam. No jam. Something is just plain wrong. I put it back together, but then the switch broke. So I now have to shell 80$ to get a new box mag.

--------------------

My A&K M249 Review

+Quote Post
rcmustang
post Nov 29 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #39

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (goldeneye007airsoft @ Nov 29 2008, 11:19 AM) *
UPDATE!
The box mag asploded! It had ridiculous feeding issues. I couldn't shoot a thing. So I decided to take it apart, and look for a jam. No jam. Something is just plain wrong. I put it back together, but then the switch broke. So I now have to shell 80$ to get a new box mag.

They are available for around $55 on some sites. I've completely modded mine. It failed early on.

+Quote Post
M3rnc@!
post Feb 7 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #40

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 46,463

Add Feedback for M3rnc@!

Nice review and btw the flash hider can not come off

--------------------
Airsoft Oregon

A&K M249 Para

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3