Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A&k Sr-25 Review
delta 11
post Jul 10 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 39,097

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for delta 11

A&K SR-25 Review

Written by delta 11 and Ion (but mostly Ion, lol)

Ordering
My friend here Ion convinced me to buy a new gun when he bought his new gun, the SL8. I looked around a bit and heard about the new releases from A&K. I saw the SR-25 and loved it at first sight. Being a new release all sites were soon out of stock. So I ordered it of of AirsoftGI and was put on a pre order. The gun was supposed to be delivered in about a mounth but soon it was back in stock and came in about 2 weeks after ordering.

First Impressions
The box has a picture of a desert with a SR-25 floating in the middle of it. The box has information and specs of the gun. I'm suprised that they got away with calling it a SR-25, and not changing the letters like most chinese companies do.

Opened up the box and "WOW, nice gun." is all that came to mind. Your typical stuff was in it. The gun, hi-cap mag, silencer, charger, 9.6v mini battery, unjamming rod, a screwdriver (haven't figured out what its for yet), a foregrip, and a little bag of bbs. No manual was included.

Aisoftgi chronoed it for me, it came shooting at 435, a little lower than advertised but just fine for me. I have better plans for her.

Externals
A great looking reciever. One of the best feeling recievers I have held. Not as good as G&P but definitly comparable to CA and Dboys new AKs. I am positive that the reciever is steel. Not only because magnets stick to it but, we have a metal detector that tells Iron/Steel from nickel and gold etc. So I'm sure its steel. The reason I don't think its pot metal is that it doesn't feel the same as my little brother's CYMA AK. The RIS is also of very high quality. No creaks or wobble anywhere on the gun. And pulling the charging handle opens the dust cover.

The finish is also very nice. Looks very realistic and great to hold. The finish on the stock is comparable to the material used on CA G36s. The detail is also very nice. There is a gas block with the tubing going to the reciver.
Stock

RIS/ Gas tubing. I couldn't get a good pic of the tubing. So Where you see silver in the RIS is the tubing.

The selector switch block is also a nice addition. There is a part cut out of the selector switch so it can move over the selector switch block. You can't see the cut out part unless you look at it closely.
SAFE

SEMI

AUTO

Internals
The gearbox is an extended Version 2. So it has the extended piston. So Classic Army torque-up gears is the only option for new ones. We haven't looked in the inside of the gun. The motor pulls the spring very smoothly, gives the gun a great trigger response and a good rof on auto. The gearbox runs smoothly. It is a little loud though. It sounds like it needs a good greasing. I wouldn't recommend using auto very often at high fps. We will have more info on the internals when we open the gun up. The hop-up is a one piece metal hop-up and performs great. The gun has great stock range and accuracy. The wiring looks good because it is thick and strong. One of the dissapointments of the gun is that it is wired for a mini battery. There is no reinforcement in the stock (it doesn't need it) so you can easily fit a 9.6v large battery.
Inside of stock

Hop-up

Magwell view of the Gearbox

Upper reciever off. Just a side note the upper reciver is eaasy to get to. Take out two screws and pull the reciver forwards.

Battery is a 9.6v 1200mah that is very nice for a battery coming with a gun.

Mag
The mag is a standard high cap. It holds 400rds. It feeds perfect, no blanks. The finish on the mag could be better. They used a semi-mettalic paint on it. The mag is metal though. The mag is a PITA to get in and out, but it will fit easier after use.
Comparison between the SR-25 mag and M16. For those that didn't know, the SR-25 is basically a M16 without auto chambered for a 7.62mm round.

Performance
Great accuracy and range on the gun. Using a Tasco 3-9x40mm scope and TSD .25s at 100+ft we got the following results.
SEMI we shot 30rds and 22-25 hits.

And on AUTO we used the same target but covered up all the previous shots and fired a burst of auto. All but one flier hit the target in this corner.

Compatibilty
This is a clone of the Classic Army. (we're not positive on that) The only gears that will work, since it uses an extended V.2 gearbox is gears designed for SR-25s only. Like CA torque-ups and you also can only use pistons that were designed for the extended V.2. All SR-25 mags should work with it. We havn't gotten any new mags for it but we will have some soon and we'll say if they work or not.

Roles
CQB- NO, to long.
DMR- Yes, the SR-25 is designed to be a sniper rifle in real life so making it a DMR is what it should be used for. Remember DMRs are some of the most expensive prodjects.
Assualt- I guess since it has full auto it can be used for that. But really save the assault role for the M16.
Support- again I guess since it has a long barrel and auto it can be used for that. Again that role is for the SAW and othe support weapons.
Scout/Recon- Since the gun is not exactly light I would not recommend this.

Recommended Upgrades
Tightbore barrel. The SR-25 has the same barrel length as the M16 so its a 509mm. I would suggest a Prometheus or DBC tighbore.
New spring if you want. Don't go too high up because we are unsure of how reinforced the gearbox is.
New bucking. This is cheap costing around $10-$20 Firefly and Prometheus are most used.
If you are planning on a bigger spring than get some torque up gears made by CA, make sure they are for the SR-25.
Maybe a new piston if desired, again make sure it is for the SR-25.
A new piston head, you should be able to use any piston head.
A scope is a must. Ion and I prefer Tasco 3-9x40mm scopes. You can get them from Walmart for $30, and they are very high quality.
Get a large type connector and a good 9.6v large battery.
Cover up the Auto with black tape or paint. It will look more authentic.
-Ugradeability. We will get to this later when we star upgrading the gun more.

Specs
Length from fron to back - 46in
Weight 8.6lbs
RIS length - 12in
Height - 7 1/2in
Mag height - 5 1/2in
Mag width - just a tad over 3in

Opinion
This is a overall a great gun for new and veteran players. Easy dissasembly makes it good for new players. It is accurate out of the box and the charger and battery is actually descent. Good rof with the mini battery.
Pros
-Easy dissasembly
-Good rof
-Detailed
-Included items are of good quality
-Steel reciever
-Stock has alot of room for battery
-Stock's texture and build material are awesome
-High fps (can be a con or pro however you look at it)
-Easy to mount optics
-RIS
-Heat sink
-Full auto (pro or con however you look at it)
-Motor is strong
-Comes with a quick Detach silencer

Cons
-Loud
-Needs to be greased
-High fps (can be a con or pro however you look at it)
-Full auto (pro or con however you look at it)
-Silencer not foam filled (just gives it a little different sound)
-Mags aren't readily availible
-Bolt release doesn't work
-No front sling mount (you can use one of the sights as it)
-No trades
-AUTO is written on the gun
-Mag is difficult to get in and out at first

Overall
Accuracy- 8 with .25 great .2 not great
Mag- 8
Strength in GB- ?
Internals- 8
Reliability-? haven't had for very long.
Upgrade potential- 10 you can make this into a great DMR
FPS- 10 depending on how you look at it.
Hop-up- 9 It outranges the JG M16 by ALOT. Range isn't good as Ion's SL8/SL9. But the range is still great for a stock gun.
External strength- 10
Externals- 8
Finish on gun- 9 one imperfection and that was a smudge on the reciver. (manufacturer defect)
OVERALL- 8.88 out of 10

MISC. PICTURES

More pictures coming.

This post has been edited by delta 11: Jul 10 2008, 05:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CMP
post Jul 10 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Im a bystander, a motivator....

Group: Elite
Member No.: 22,081

Add Feedback for CMP

Very nice review. Good overall, good pics, and enough text.
Approved.

--------------------

Props to Aquafina for the sig

If I advance.........follow me. If I stop......urge me on. If I retreat........kill me. Kaibiles, Guatemalas Special Forces

+Quote Post
JohnnyMadDog
post Jul 10 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 41,297

Add Feedback for JohnnyMadDog

Good review. A few questions though.
Is the Silencer Metal? And it doesn't use M16/m4 mags does it? You mentioned scarcity of them, I assume they use their own(since the real thing does).

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jul 10 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #4

Classics FTW

Member No.: 36,930

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (JohnnyMadDog @ Jul 10 2008, 08:02 PM) *
Good review. A few questions though.
Is the Silencer Metal? And it doesn't use M16/m4 mags does it? You mentioned scarcity of them, I assume they use their own(since the real thing does).

Yes the silencer is made of metal. No it doesn't use M16 mags. G&P, CA, and G&G make SR-25 mags.
Oh, and CMP is there anything we can do to make the review better? We will have more sections such as skirmish report etc.
Heat Sink

Another Gearbox picture

More pictures at request.

This post has been edited by Ion: Jul 10 2008, 10:21 PM

--------------------

Props to Onikozah for the sig.
[A&K SR-25 Review] [JG M16A2 Review] [SRC G36c Vs. JG G36c Review]
[ComradeMP] 5:08 pm: your such a nub, I put you in my gun and gave me teh gud hop up

+Quote Post
CMP
post Jul 11 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Im a bystander, a motivator....

Member No.: 22,081

Add Feedback for CMP

The review is very good already.
The only thing I can think of is pictures of internal parts, hop-up rubber, etc.. Do not disassemble the gun if you don't want to, its just a mere opinion.

--------------------

Props to Aquafina for the sig

If I advance.........follow me. If I stop......urge me on. If I retreat........kill me. Kaibiles, Guatemalas Special Forces

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jul 11 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #6

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (CMP @ Jul 11 2008, 06:24 PM) *
The review is very good already.
The only thing I can think of is pictures of internal parts, hop-up rubber, etc.. Do not disassemble the gun if you don't want to, its just a mere opinion.

Ok. We will be dissasembling the gun eventually, when we start to upgrade it. I will be sure to take pictures of it.

--------------------

[ComradeMP] 5:08 pm: your such a nub, I put you in my gun and gave me teh gud hop up

+Quote Post
njsniper
post Jul 12 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #7

Don't run ... you will only die tired!

Member No.: 27,355

Add Feedback for njsniper

Very nice Ion.

--------------------
QUOTE (Kavurcen @ Jul 31 2010, 05:31 AM) *
BTW, it's called a "donkey dong", lul.

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jul 20 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (njsniper @ Jul 12 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Very nice Ion.

Thanks. Full dissasembly to come very soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Airsoft AK47
post Jul 20 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 41,093

Add Feedback for Airsoft AK47

Wow, that's a nice looking gun.

+Quote Post
Xvisceral
post Aug 1 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #10

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 35,650

Add Feedback for Xvisceral

very nice review. Im thinking of picking one of these up to start a DMR project. A&K, for a clone gun, has really shown a lot of potential over the last few months. For price/preformance I think few can beat it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ion
post Aug 1 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #11

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (Xvisceral @ Aug 1 2008, 01:20 AM) *
very nice review. Im thinking of picking one of these up to start a DMR project. A&K, for a clone gun, has really shown a lot of potential over the last few months. For price/preformance I think few can beat it.

A&K has made some nice guns, I wouldn't have a doubt that it could compete with the CA SR-25. We're planning it to shoot around 500fps. Because of the longer gearbox it should have no problem with high fps.
We just put a CA tightbore in it so we will have pics of the bucking up in a little bit.

This post has been edited by Ion: Aug 1 2008, 10:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ion
post Aug 2 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #12

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

Sorry for the double post.

Dissasembly
To get the gearbox out you will need a small alen wrench, a phillps head and a flat head screwdriver, and a hammer.
The dissasembly is the same as an armalite.

Yesterday delta11 and I decide to take apart the gearbox to see what we need to replace.
Getting the gearbox out was simple.
Gearbox (the extended V.2)

We open it up and to our suprise the spring and spring guide don't go across the room. (I forgot to take a picture with everything in)

Now on to the individual parts. I'll start at the front and go back.
Cylinder/ cylinder head/ tappet plate/ air nozzle

Cylinder head

Very sturdy, looks to be made of a polycarbonate material. No need for replacing.

The tappet plate is plastic but is thick and strong, air nozzle is... well an air nozzle nothing special.

Piston/ Piston head

It has one metal tooth and is a standard polycarb piston and piston head.

It gets perfect comppresion with the o-ring that is on it.

Piston head has six holes... expected. We were worried about the quality of it and it appears to be fine. We will replace with a G&P piston and piston head over time, but for now its fine.

Spring/ Spring guide
I'm glad A&K were smart enough to put in a metal spring guide. Not only is it heavy and strong but it is a bearing spring guide. There is no need to replace it, it has no markings so I don't know what brand it is. It has a great fit in the gearbox with the spring.
The spring appears to be a little more than an M120. It came chronoed at 435fps. It looks like A&K was inconsistent in the springs, some of the SR-25s came shooting 460, some are lower (like this one) and some are higher than 470.

Gears
I don't know if they are high torque or standard because I have no idea of telling one from another. They seem to be of good quality because there is no wear on any of the gears. The gears are made by A&K because it says A&K on them. Shimming on the gears is fine. They turn freely. A&K used copper shims, they put one shim on each side of the gear.
Here you can see the markings

^^The copper shim is in the middle of this picture.
Trigger/ and trigger contacts Nothing much to say about them.

Gearbox shell Reinforced? Appears to be reinforced.
The gearbox shell is thicker in the front than most V.2s I've seen. Then again the gearbox shell should be able to handle almost anything you throw at it because it is extended and takes alot of stress off the front. When everything is in the gearbox the spring is easy to fit in and close, compared to regular V.2 gearboxes. I measured the bushings, and I am unsure of the size. I believe they are 6mm but I could be wrong. They around 6mm on the ruler. I will bring over some CA 7mm bushings when we open the gun up again to see if they fit.

Motor
This is where I am extremly impressed. This motor is a beast. It beats CA's high torque by a long shot, the CA motor can't even hold a pair of scizzors. As I said before in the review it gives a great rof. And the magnets in it are very strong. Just to mess around we tried seeing how strong they are and what they could hold. It has no markings of any kind except for some super small chinese lettering on the back. There is definitly no reason to replace the motor.

Check this out. 3 hammers on it.(we would have put more on but the hammers took up most of the room on the motor)

We also put screwdrivers on it also, but you get the point. I have more pictures of it holding more tools if you want.

Hop-up bucking for those wondering. The bucking is alot bigger and thicker than most buckings. Regular bucking on the left and the A&K SR-25 bucking on the right.

I have alot more pictures, but I can't post all of them because of the image limit.
Feel free to ask questions

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ion
post Aug 7 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #13

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (nateo200 @ Aug 7 2008, 11:26 AM) *
Sorry for the Mini-Necro. I have one question, what is the max effective range on this? Like could I hit someone in the chest at 180 feet? I have seen your groupings but I don't know.

You could hit someone at 180ft with .25s no problem. I would say for a stock gun it has great range.

When we were putting in a new barrel a couple days ago, I think that somehow the nub fell out of the hop-up because the bbs aren't going very far, but then again it may be that the hop-up may need to adjust or break in again.

Here is a picture of the inside of the stock. There is plenty of room for a large 9.6v I would even say there is enough room for a large 10.8v.

This post has been edited by Ion: Aug 7 2008, 12:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
50cal
post Aug 19 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #14

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,158

Add Feedback for 50cal

great review!! a-thumbsup.gif. I actually own one of these and I have to say I love it. mine doesn't really have high rof like you guys said but I don't use full auto anyway. a freaking great gun anyway. good distance and fps. I'm not good with gearboxes so I have no idea what it looks like on the inside.

+Quote Post
Silent Snow
post Sep 25 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #15

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 40,496

Add Feedback for Silent Snow

Do you know how to remove the outer barrel from the RIS system. I have a GP SR25 and I am looking to wire the battery into the RIS but I don't know how to remove the barrel.

+Quote Post
Ion
post Sep 25 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #16

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (Silent Snow @ Sep 25 2008, 01:44 PM) *
Do you know how to remove the outer barrel from the RIS system. I have a GP SR25 and I am looking to wire the battery into the RIS but I don't know how to remove the barrel.

There isn't enough room in the RIS to fit a decent battery. The gas tubing takes up most of the room inside the RIS.
To take the RIS off you turn the delta ring (I forgot which way) and the whole front end will come off. Then you must remove the gas block, then take off the RIS. Its going to be alot of effort to wire it to the front inside the RIS. You will also be very limited in battery space.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silent Snow
post Sep 26 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #17

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 40,496

Add Feedback for Silent Snow

QUOTE (Ion @ Sep 25 2008, 03:43 PM) *
There isn't enough room in the RIS to fit a decent battery. The gas tubing takes up most of the room inside the RIS.
To take the RIS off you turn the delta ring (I forgot which way) and the whole front end will come off. Then you must remove the gas block, then take off the RIS. Its going to be alot of effort to wire it to the front inside the RIS. You will also be very limited in battery space.

I am not puting it into the RIS, just the wire. I built a battery box for the battery, which attaches to the RIS system. I have the RIS and the barrel removed from the reciever, but it has a barrel nut not a delta ring. I got the ring to turn about a half inch but thats all. Gas tube is removed btw. Once I have the barrel off I am all set.

+Quote Post
Ranger420
post Oct 13 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #18

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 24,848

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Ranger420

It is a very nice rifle,my buddy Steve-o got one a while back and was great till he thought it would be great to use his 12v battery,lol... Well it lasted for 2 months playing every sunday till this last game he stripped his piston teeth... I expected that or worse to happen eventually,I think this has to be A&K's best rifle yet!! This gun is flat out SHOCKING!!! a-thumbsup.gif

"Sorry for bringing back a mostly dead topic,just had to add this in for others not to do,lol.."

--------------------

Rangers Customs.

+Quote Post
delta 11
post Oct 14 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #19

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 39,097

Add Feedback for delta 11

QUOTE (Ranger420 @ Oct 13 2008, 05:19 PM) *
It is a very nice rifle,my buddy Steve-o got one a while back and was great till he thought it would be great to use his 12v battery,lol... Well it lasted for 2 months playing every sunday till this last game he stripped his piston teeth... I expected that or worse to happen eventually,I think this has to be A&K's best rifle yet!! This gun is flat out SHOCKING!!! a-thumbsup.gif

"Sorry for bringing back a mostly dead topic,just had to add this in for others not to do,lol.."

12v haha. Thats alot of power to be running on something stock. Yep, its an impressive rifle, at the moment we are bringing it up to 480-500fps, so we will keep you updated.

+Quote Post
baumgartner25
post Nov 10 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #20

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 44,349

Add Feedback for baumgartner25

quick question would airsoft gi be able to put in upgrades on my A&K SR-25 if I buy the parts from them?
and you said your gun is 480 to 500 fps could u show me your list of upgraded parts and prices a-thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Ion
post Nov 10 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #21

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (baumgartner25 @ Nov 9 2008, 09:40 PM) *
quick question would airsoft gi be able to put in upgrades on my A&K SR-25 if I buy the parts from them?
and you said your gun is 480 to 500 fps could u show me your list of upgraded parts and prices a-thumbsup.gif

AirsoftGI should install the parts for you, I think they still do.
Sure here they are.
CA SR-25 super torque up gears http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3406
G&G hop-up bucking http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3715 We decided to try this just to see how it would work.
G&P SR-25 piston http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4340
Prommy M16 tightbore http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1585 -Havn't ordered it yet but will soon come.
Systema M140 spring http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=391
CA bore up kit for CA-25 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3429 or you could just get a regular CA non bore up CA-25 cylinder/cylinder head. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3429
Thats about it... we are still looking for a new air nozzle for a CA-25.

This post has been edited by Ion: Nov 10 2008, 04:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
young wing
post Nov 18 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #22

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 44,732

Add Feedback for young wing

Based on your review and others, I ordered this gun from ASGI last week. Can't wait to get it.

--------------------
3pm EST. Sirius Satellite radio Ch. 28 FACTION

A&K SR-25

UTG L96A1

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Nov 24 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #23

The Engineer
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 43,149

Add Feedback for nieb15

I'm getting one as soon as AirsoftGi gets them back in stock. Does anyone know when that will be?

--------------------

Signature graphic made by Onikozah

+Quote Post
young wing
post Nov 25 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #24

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 44,732

Add Feedback for young wing

^ sorry I got the last one haha

--------------------
3pm EST. Sirius Satellite radio Ch. 28 FACTION

A&K SR-25

UTG L96A1

+Quote Post
LeftOverCrack
post Dec 23 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #25

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 44,883

Add Feedback for LeftOverCrack

Could you put a m140 spring in it with the stock internals? Also I have the URX version do you have any idea of how to remove the stock?

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Dec 23 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #26

The Engineer
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 43,149

Add Feedback for nieb15

You remove the stock the same way as an M4.

--------------------

Signature graphic made by Onikozah

+Quote Post
Ion
post Dec 28 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #27

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (LeftOverCrack @ Dec 23 2008, 02:04 PM) *
Could you put a m140 spring in it with the stock internals? Also I have the URX version do you have any idea of how to remove the stock?

You can if you want, it will implode on itself quickly. I don't reccomend it and your guns internals will suffer. You need higher quality parts to run an M140.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TOMMY GUNN
post Dec 28 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #28

Gordon

Member No.: 36,969

Add Feedback for TOMMY GUNN

Awesome review. What do you guys think is better. This or an CYMA M14?

--------------------

Thanks to ReconRifleman for the awesome sig. ;)
Check out Sports Only Auction for great deals on Airsoft/Sporting Goods Gear and Collectibles.

Selling this bad boy. Hit me up if interested.

+Quote Post
Ion
post Dec 29 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #29

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (TOMMY GUNN @ Dec 28 2008, 08:37 PM) *
Awesome review. What do you guys think is better. This or an CYMA M14?

Thanks.
I would go with the A&K. The A&K will be a great upgrade platform and will last a good time. The parts and build are all around better.

The CYMA M14 is also a great gun it is cheaper, but also uses cheaper parts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LeftOverCrack
post Jan 2 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #30

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Ion @ Dec 28 2008, 09:53 PM) *
You can if you want, it will implode on itself quickly. I don't reccomend it and your guns internals will suffer. You need higher quality parts to run an M140.

Ok, Would the stock internals survive the m130?

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jan 2 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #31

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (LeftOverCrack @ Jan 1 2009, 09:56 PM) *
Ok, Would the stock internals survive the m130?

The gun comes stock running an M130, no need to buy another. But yes the internals would stand the M130 just fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LeftOverCrack
post Jan 3 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #32

ASF Citizen

While I was using mine in a skirmish I hit the selector switch (Slightly too hard) and the switch fell off. It looks like there is threads to screw it on but it doesn't work. Also I think it may have messed the gears up. How do you get the gearbox out? I unscrewed all the visible screws and the ones were the motor is but I still cant get it out.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jan 3 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #33

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (LeftOverCrack @ Jan 3 2009, 03:11 PM) *
While I was using mine in a skirmish I hit the selector switch (Slightly too hard) and the switch fell off. It looks like there is threads to screw it on but it doesn't work. Also I think it may have messed the gears up. How do you get the gearbox out? I unscrewed all the visible screws and the ones were the motor is but I still cant get it out.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

The dissasembly is identical to an armalite (M4/M16 series) To take the mechbox out, you will have to remove some pins holding the gearbox in. I assume you have the upper reciever off? If not, remove the front pin/screw and pull back on the charging handle to get the upper reciever off. Here is a video that will help you to locate the pins on the gun's reciever. (remember that the gun he is dissasembling is a plastic bodied M4, which taking the upper reciever off of them is different than the metal bodied M4)
http://www.mechbox.com/m4m16/m733-disassembly

--------------------

+Quote Post
LeftOverCrack
post Jan 3 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #34

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Ion @ Jan 3 2009, 07:26 PM) *
The dissasembly is identical to an armalite (M4/M16 series) To take the mechbox out, you will have to remove some pins holding the gearbox in. I assume you have the upper reciever off? If not, remove the front pin/screw and pull back on the charging handle to get the upper reciever off. Here is a video that will help you to locate the pins on the gun's reciever. (remember that the gun he is dissasembling is a plastic bodied M4, which taking the upper reciever off of them is different than the metal bodied M4)
http://www.mechbox.com/m4m16/m733-disassembly

Thanks. The selector came off when then gun was on fully automatic so its stuck there.

+Quote Post
qwerty22
post Jan 4 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #35

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 45,464

Add Feedback for qwerty22

hey man, what kind of air nozzle is it? if I where to buy the gun and want to replace the air nozzle, is it same as m16a1, aug, ect.

+Quote Post
Timmeyh
post Jan 5 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #36

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 45,602

Add Feedback for Timmeyh

will this gun survive a 450fps spring if I use it for semi only, or do I have to upgrade to a stronger motor and better gears and piston and all that? im gonna upgrade to 6.03 prom barrel, firefly bucking, prom neo hop-up chamber, systema silent head piston head (got guarder polycarbonite too) and systema air nozzle.

This post has been edited by Timmeyh: Jan 5 2009, 03:26 PM

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jan 5 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #37

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (Timmeyh @ Jan 5 2009, 12:26 PM) *
will this gun survive a 450fps spring if I use it for semi only, or do I have to upgrade to a stronger motor and better gears and piston and all that? im gonna upgrade to 6.03 prom barrel, firefly bucking, prom neo hop-up chamber, systema silent head piston head (got guarder polycarbonite too) and systema air nozzle.

The SR-25 will not take the systema air nozzle, it uses its own unique air nozzle, and we are unsure of where to get a new one. It is loger than the M16 nozzle and longer than all air nozzles we've tried. Look for a CA-25 air nozzle if you want a replacment.

The motor will handle the spring fine, we have our motor running with an M140.
The A&K SR-25 comes stock with an M130 spring which puts the gun anywhere from 440+fps... You will not need to change the spring. Some A&K SR-25s came shooting at 470fps, ours came at 435fps because of a bad o-ring, your's should be right at 450fps when you recieve it, so there is no need to change the spring, or anything else in the gearbox, if you are keeping it with the stock spring, which is an M130.

This post has been edited by Ion: Jan 5 2009, 04:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sailem
post Jan 11 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #38

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 29,184

Add Feedback for Sailem

What about the mags? The guy I buy my airsofts from said that it doesnt take M4/M16 mags (even the Vietnam style mag models)
What do you use?

--------------------
Faith is My Shield - Saillem
Airsoft ratio 2009 k/d: 271 - 38

From Left to right: ARES DSR-1 ; custom SR25k ; JG G36C ; USP .45 Match grade gbb

Gun pixel art site: http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~avro504/teppoo/menue.html
Or pixel art album: http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/Saillem/Pixel%20art/

+Quote Post
Ion
post Jan 11 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #39

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (Sailem @ Jan 11 2009, 05:36 AM) *
What about the mags? The guy I buy my airsofts from said that it doesnt take M4/M16 mags (even the Vietnam style mag models)
What do you use?

No offence or anything, but this has been said quite a few times, in review it also says that it won't take stanags. It takes an SR-25 mag, G&G, CA, and A&K all make an SR-25 mag.

This post has been edited by Ion: Jan 11 2009, 10:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sailem
post Jan 11 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #40

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 29,184

Add Feedback for Sailem

QUOTE (Ion @ Jan 11 2009, 04:55 PM) *
No offence or anything, but this has been said quite a few times, in review it also says that it won't take stanags. It takes an SR-25 mag, G&G, CA, and A&K all make an SR-25 mag.

someone told me the G&G didnt fit

--------------------
Faith is My Shield - Saillem
Airsoft ratio 2009 k/d: 271 - 38

From Left to right: ARES DSR-1 ; custom SR25k ; JG G36C ; USP .45 Match grade gbb

Gun pixel art site: http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~avro504/teppoo/menue.html
Or pixel art album: http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/Saillem/Pixel%20art/

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:29 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3