Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A&k Sr-25 Review
Zemanova
post Apr 18 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #81

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

Group: Elite
Member No.: 43,677

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 19 (100%)
Add Feedback for Zemanova

oh man! I fiiiinnaaaallllyy got my a&k sr25 last night. I have never had so much trouble getting an airsoft gun before

I love it. put my scope on it though it could use an inch high scope mount (I have med rise scope rings I think)
slapped on some rail covers and plugged in a firefox 9.6. attatched the element psg-1 grip that also came and I poked some lithium grease into the pinion gear hole to feed through the gears

shoots really great and smoothly. I have a good rof actually. well to me anyway. I have yet to actually sit and shoot it to attempt finding a sweet spot adjustment for .2's

when I picked it up out of the packaging I coulda swore the reciever was plastic. but it wasnt its just cheap pot metal. and no its not steel. no magnets stuck to mine. and not even within an hour of handling it some of the paint started wearing off the corners in spots and the metal silencer came all roughed up with its paint worn off and scratched in places but I don't mind. and the stock plastic parts... I have to say those are the worst ive seen yet on a clone. even plastic gearboxed lpegs have better abs. I put a dif grip on it right away so the grip didnt matter but the stock. the stock isnt reinfored with any beams inside from what this review says and it should be. the stock is nicely textured but it will definitly break if its not taken care of. id reccomend the stock being the first thing replaced on the whole gun as I don't trust it. if I squeeze it a little it gives because of no beams inside to reinforce it
ris is sturdilly secured from what I can tell. no wobbling. the only thing that youll notice to shake around is the silencer when its attatched. maybe that can be fixed with a little electrical tape on the end of the barrel I don't know
oh and in the packaging what confused me more than the phillups screw driver when it needed a flat head instead was the wire adapter it came with. I was just thinkin yea this doesnt really make any sense to have so much room in the stock and be wired for a mini battery but then oh theres an adapter to use a large battery in with it. however upon looking at it I realize its the opposite of what it would need. its a large tamiya to a mini tamiya. and I just sat there like wtf is this for even?? then I noticed the wall charger had a large connector on it. I dunno why they didnt just pack a mini one and give a mini to large tamiya adapter, that woulda made a lot more sense
the hop up had an effect last night when I was test firing it, today it doesnt. no matter where its set off or max the bbs curve down and to the right at short range. I hope that will be fixed when I can get a new hop sleeve

I didnt have any trouble getting my mag in and out, its fine.
I stuffed a plastic grocery bag into the stock for now to keep the battery from knocking around
mine didnt come shooting as hot as others reported but its power is deceptive because theres not much gearbox noise and no muzzel noise. it shoots right through the bottom of a soda can but I imagine it wont anymore after the spring breaks in. my jg 416 was the same way
also the abs stock and grip on my jg 416 are better quality than this guns. if only the jgs were textured too theyd be better. I hate shiny plastic. the scratches and blemishes in the paint this gun comes with from shipping wear will easilly be taken care of with a little spritz of flat krylon
the gun has good weight to it but is not overly heavy for its length that I couldnt run around with it and use it dmr style even with my skinny arms.

what I would like to upgrade on it is the stock and get an m16 length element tightbore ...cuz yea im always on a budget and others cost a lot. and a harder hop up sleeve and maybe an h-nub. later on maybe a better piston head. even an ambi mag release would be a nice addition. the receiver while cooly shaped is devoid of details and style making it a little boring. I might add my own custom trademark in the future
I would also like to add a harris bipod and an m16 stock saddle to mine

love the gun
I would like to thank delta 11 and ion for writing this reivew and causing me to go through a ridculous amount of bs to own this gun

This post has been edited by Dusti69: Apr 18 2009, 11:03 AM

--------------------
Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) *
real ak's come with dead tree

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ion
post Apr 18 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #82

Classics FTW

Member No.: 36,930

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (Dusti69 @ Apr 18 2009, 07:12 AM) *
I would like to thank delta 11 and ion for writing this reivew and causing me to go through a ridculous amount of bs to own this gun

Was the BS thing good or bad, I can't really tell from your post? I'm assuming its not good... Keep in mind you may have gotten a newer model, We bought ours in April of last year. They may have changed some things on it.
Sorry you are having problems with yours.

And if its a good thing, then your welcome. lol.

This post has been edited by Ion: Apr 18 2009, 06:11 PM

--------------------

Props to Onikozah for the sig.
[A&K SR-25 Review] [JG M16A2 Review] [SRC G36c Vs. JG G36c Review]
[ComradeMP] 5:08 pm: your such a nub, I put you in my gun and gave me teh gud hop up

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post Apr 18 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #83

nah its a good thing
just a few things about the gun that could have been better
I was at a point where I had the money for a new gun and thats what I really wanted was a new gun. I was set on that new black and silver kart ebr but evike couldnt seem to get it in stock for like three months. it was then that I decided oh well ill get a dif gun. problem was after days and days of looking at guns I couldnt decide what I wanted. because I wanted something that was different than the ones I already had

and then I came upon this review.
a full metal full stock sniper m16 type with a long gearbox unlike any I have and also a reason to buy a psg-1 grip
my mind was made up about which gun I wanted

btw I did get it to shoot straight but I still wanna upgrade the barrel and hop sleeve
I took the upper receiver off to check out the inner barrel and get a peek at the gearbox. looking down the air nozzel I noticed it was full of white grease. fired the gearbox into my palm a few times in different spots and yep splat splat splat, grease splatters
so that was the problem. I picked out as much of the grease in the nozzel as I could and tested it again, hardly any grease spray. then looking down the hop unit into the barrel it was also filled with grease and the inside of the barrel was also really dirty so I went to the sink and cleaned it all out with hot water and soap.
when I put it back together the hop up started having an effect on the bbs. it shoots quite accurate now given there isnt much of a breeze somewhere in the bb's path. though I found it weird that the bb's zig zag while traveling through the air

and mine came with a black battery not the reddish or white ones ive seen pictured. whats weird about the battery is that the wires are not covered with a rubber coating but a waxy nylon weaving. the wires look like nylon ropes.... I thought that was weird when I noticed it

This post has been edited by Dusti69: Apr 18 2009, 07:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Apr 22 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #84

The Engineer
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 43,149

Add Feedback for nieb15

Where did you order yours from Dusti?

--------------------

Signature graphic made by Onikozah

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post Apr 22 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #85

QUOTE (nieb15 @ Apr 22 2009, 01:16 AM) *
Where did you order yours from Dusti?

well thatd be a long list of sites

finally was able to get it from evike. I emailed them first

oh yea and I wanted to add that the cylinder in my gearbox is a silver one so ions probly right about them being updated versions.

This post has been edited by Dusti69: Apr 22 2009, 01:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
shootingman99
post May 11 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #86

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 47,978

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for shootingman99

QUOTE (Dusti69 @ Apr 21 2009, 11:14 PM) *
well thatd be a long list of sites

finally was able to get it from evike. I emailed them first

oh yea and I wanted to add that the cylinder in my gearbox is a silver one so ions probly right about them being updated versions.

Yeah I bought mine from evike too and got that same battery you are talking about. Wonder if it is just an evike thing or what? Mine also sure doesn't seem like its upwards of 450 fps...

This post has been edited by shootingman99: May 11 2009, 10:14 PM

--------------------
"I know what you're thinking,""Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question. 'Do I feel lucky?"' "Well, do you, punk?"

JG Bar-10 setup:
Laylax Zero Trigger w/ Orange high pressure piston
Laylax Nineball Hop up bucking
Laylax Cylinder Head
Laylax Spring Guide w/bearing
Laylax 170sp spring and a laylax 130sp spring just in case

Wanted upgrades: (In order of want)
Edgi 6.01 tightbore
Laylax teflon cylinder
Maybe a higher power spring eventually

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post May 12 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #87

I was looking at the silencer the other day and it is in fact most likely designed to be a fully functioning one as its lined with foam
theres just not enough muzzle noise from the gun for the silencer to make much of a difference. most of all it does is make the noise go from a light crack to a poot

and if anyones having trouble finding mags, khmountain has a&k sr-25 hi-caps for pretty cheap
the one I bought fit better in the magwell than the one that came with it. the a&k hi-cap I got from khm also had a blacker and smoother finish than the one that came with the gun.
I switched my mag release for an ambi one that id removed the black paint from, its just bare grey metal. but with the mag from khm when pressing the ambi relsease the mag drops right out

--------------------

+Quote Post
nieb15
post May 12 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #88

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

QUOTE (Dusti69 @ May 12 2009, 03:54 PM) *
I was looking at the silencer the other day and it is in fact most likely designed to be a fully functioning one as its lined with foam
theres just not enough muzzle noise from the gun for the silencer to make much of a difference. most of all it does is make the noise go from a light crack to a poot

and if anyones having trouble finding mags, khmountain has a&k sr-25 hi-caps for pretty cheap
the one I bought fit better in the magwell than the one that came with it. the a&k hi-cap I got from khm also had a blacker and smoother finish than the one that came with the gun.
I switched my mag release for an ambi one that id removed the black paint from, its just bare grey metal. but with the mag from khm when pressing the ambi relsease the mag drops right out

Hmm, strange that they are selling them that cheap. Weaponblender has them for $14, KH's price is crazy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desert Eagle Fan...
post May 25 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #89

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 48,551

Add Feedback for Desert Eagle Fanatic

From what I have seen here, Evike STANKS horribly.

--------------------
** IMG file removed AGAIN by moderator OpSic66 - Img too Large, User already notified Once. - User has now had his entire sig Removed. ***

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post May 25 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #90

QUOTE (Desert Eagle Fanatic @ May 25 2009, 07:42 PM) *
From what I have seen here, Evike STANKS horribly.

whats that have to do with the gun itself or this review?

I think I just found out recently that it requires a special hop sleeve

id bought a standard type that can be found in all our m4's, g36's, and ak's, and plenty of others.
the hop sleeve that comes with the sr-25 is shaped differently on the end. I put the upgrade sleeve in and the gun shot a few shots pretty much over hopping with zero hop. then it would stop firing bb's, jam up in the hop unit, and then the tappet plate I guess would get stuck and make a stripping noise when fired

I thought it would work like any other hop sleeve. the metal hop unit is no different than the g&p one in my 416. but it just plain didnt work for some reason

oh and I do have possibly a half assed question if anyone feels like answering it...... im kinda too lazy to go read this entire thread for like the hundredth time right now, so I dunno if its been mentioned before. ....but, does the a&k come with a stock tightbore barrel? im wondering this now since I bought an element tb for in it after how amazing one made my g36 shoot straight. so I put this thing in mine and I see almost no accuracy or range improvements

I dunno... maybe its because im using .2's and after they get a little far out there the wind blows them around no matter how straight they flew out of the gun

This post has been edited by Dusti69: May 25 2009, 07:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ion
post May 27 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #91

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (Dusti69 @ May 25 2009, 04:13 PM) *
whats that have to do with the gun itself or this review?

I think I just found out recently that it requires a special hop sleeve

id bought a standard type that can be found in all our m4's, g36's, and ak's, and plenty of others.
the hop sleeve that comes with the sr-25 is shaped differently on the end. I put the upgrade sleeve in and the gun shot a few shots pretty much over hopping with zero hop. then it would stop firing bb's, jam up in the hop unit, and then the tappet plate I guess would get stuck and make a stripping noise when fired

I thought it would work like any other hop sleeve. the metal hop unit is no different than the g&p one in my 416. but it just plain didnt work for some reason

oh and I do have possibly a half assed question if anyone feels like answering it...... im kinda too lazy to go read this entire thread for like the hundredth time right now, so I dunno if its been mentioned before. ....but, does the a&k come with a stock tightbore barrel? im wondering this now since I bought an element tb for in it after how amazing one made my g36 shoot straight. so I put this thing in mine and I see almost no accuracy or range improvements

I dunno... maybe its because im using .2's and after they get a little far out there the wind blows them around no matter how straight they flew out of the gun

It does have good stock performance.
Although, I dunno if its a tightbore or not.

We have an aftermarket CA bucking, and it works perfectly.

--------------------

[ComradeMP] 5:08 pm: your such a nub, I put you in my gun and gave me teh gud hop up

+Quote Post
nieb15
post May 27 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #92

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

It doesn't come with a tightbore, but element tightbores are not really all that good, they don't have a uniform internal diameter all the way through the barrel. It jumps around quite a bit.

Oh and if anyone is looking for an air seal nozzle for their SR-25: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_...products_id=936

This post has been edited by nieb15: May 27 2009, 07:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TOSHH
post Jul 28 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #93

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 50,460

Add Feedback for TOSHH

I bought the sr25 and I want to know, which parts should I replace if I want the m160 spring???
and what do you recommend, but I don't want too expensive parts

+Quote Post
Ion
post Aug 15 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #94

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (TOSHH @ Jul 28 2009, 01:05 AM) *
I bought the sr25 and I want to know, which parts should I replace if I want the m160 spring???
and what do you recommend, but I don't want too expensive parts

Thats the only parts availible for the SR25 are the "expensive ones."

--------------------

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Aug 15 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #95

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

QUOTE (Ion @ Aug 15 2009, 08:55 AM) *
Thats the only parts availible for the SR25 are the "expensive ones."

Yeah, it requires special parts. But you get what you pay for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Airsoft Noobs
post Aug 22 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #96

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 48,058

Add Feedback for Airsoft Noobs

What mosfet do you guys recommend for this?
Also is there a way to disable full auto w/out having a special mosfet?
-Danny out

--------------------
The next time you think you're perfect, try walking on water.
"The problem with Socialism is sooner or later you run out of other peoples money." Margaret Thatcher

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Aug 22 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #97

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

QUOTE (Airsoft Newbies @ Aug 22 2009, 01:31 PM) *
What mosfet do you guys recommend for this?
-Danny out

Any mosfet will work, there is a lot of room for extras. And and to lock out full-auto you have a couple of options. If you want it to be permanent, you can cut the selector plate so it does not engage the cut-off lever. Or you can create a type of pin so the selector switch itself can not rotate past semi. I decided to go with the latter since I can still have full auto if I wanted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post Aug 22 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #98

QUOTE (Airsoft Newbies @ Aug 22 2009, 04:31 PM) *

put a regular old m4 selector lever on it and it wont be able to move into full auto. or you could just fill the gap in its own with jb weld or some kind of epoxy or super glue a piece of plastic in it

and also, khmountain now has sr25 airseal nozzels for only a few dollars. and they also have jg/echo1 sr25 gearboxes

This post has been edited by Dusti69: Aug 22 2009, 09:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ion
post Aug 23 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #99

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

What a solid looking gearbox. Thing looks indestructable.
Here's the link for anyone wondering http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/product_...roducts_id=1248

It looks like the cylinder is a regular type 0 though from the picture. So I dunno what they're using for parts in that gearbox. I saw when the dissasembled one (video somwhere), like the video I saw the geabox used an SR25 cylinder. Great looking gearbox for $40 +HK shipping.
JG is really impressive.

This post has been edited by Ion: Aug 23 2009, 12:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shabby
post Sep 11 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #100

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 51,608

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (100%)
Add Feedback for Shabby

Yeah, after reading this review, I think I've found my first airsoft gun. I wanted a decent gun stock, but something I could upgrade if I liked the sport. Thanks a lot for you time and effort! (A&K should pay you...)

Now I just have to wait for it to be back in stock at AirsoftGI... Same price but thanks to retailmenot.com I got an online code to take 10% off and free shipping. Pretty hard to beat that.

This post has been edited by Shabby: Sep 11 2009, 10:15 PM

--------------------

My current guns:
KJW M4 - KWA KMP9R - KWA M226 - WE G39E - Magpul Masada PTS - GHK G5 - Custom Magpul PolarStar

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Sep 15 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #101

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

QUOTE (Shabby @ Sep 11 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Yeah, after reading this review, I think I've found my first airsoft gun. I wanted a decent gun stock, but something I could upgrade if I liked the sport. Thanks a lot for you time and effort! (A&K should pay you...)

Now I just have to wait for it to be back in stock at AirsoftGI... Same price but thanks to retailmenot.com I got an online code to take 10% off and free shipping. Pretty hard to beat that.

ASGI always offers free shipping over $100, and almost always has a %10 discount code (read their blog).

QUOTE (Ion)
What a solid looking gearbox. Thing looks indestructable.
Here's the link for anyone wondering http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/product_...roducts_id=1248

It looks like the cylinder is a regular type 0 though from the picture. So I dunno what they're using for parts in that gearbox. I saw when the dissasembled one (video somwhere), like the video I saw the geabox used an SR25 cylinder. Great looking gearbox for $40 +HK shipping.
JG is really impressive.

I might have to pick one of these up just in case my gearbox ever cracks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kavurcen
post Sep 15 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #102

Puts the CP in CCCP!

Member No.: 40,316
SOA Name: Kavurcen

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 12 (100%)
Add Feedback for Kavurcen

Ion, fix the link please. I want to see...

--------------------
I have FS threads on Airsoft Barracks

BTW, I appreciate being PM'd back. Only about 10% of people I PM do the same, the rest I have to assume are just awful people.

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Sep 15 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #103

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

QUOTE (Kavurcen @ Sep 15 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Ion, fix the link please. I want to see...

If you are talking about the gearbox, then it works fine. At least for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JIMSU
post Sep 29 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #104

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 51,009

Add Feedback for JIMSU

Ion, where did you guys pick up your aftermarket CA bucking? Im having a pretty big problem with mine right now and I cant seem to find that bucking on evike, trinityairsoft or airsoftgi and my sr25 is shooting like crap. a-angry.gif

--------------------
TM AUG - sold :(
A&K SR25 - a work in progress

+Quote Post
Ion
post Sep 29 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #105

Classics FTW

Add Feedback for Ion

QUOTE (JIMSU @ Sep 29 2009, 02:17 AM) *
Ion, where did you guys pick up your aftermarket CA bucking? Im having a pretty big problem with mine right now and I cant seem to find that bucking on evike, trinityairsoft or airsoftgi and my sr25 is shooting like crap. a-angry.gif

AirsoftExtreme usually carries them. Quite nice, much better than the stock CA buckings.

And to Kav, the link works as long as you click the original post and not the quoted post of mine.

This post has been edited by Ion: Sep 29 2009, 10:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
EyeCon
post Oct 8 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #106

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 47,641

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for EyeCon

OK I know the A&K sr-25 has a long v2 gearbox and requires special gears and piston etc...but I was just wondering which gears are specific to the LONG V2 gearbox? Are they all specialized for the sr-25 (bevel, spur, sector) or can any of them be subsitutred with standerd V2 gears? Say for example I wanted to put G&P sr-25 sector and bevel gears, can I still use a standerd spur gear?

Hope someone can answer which gears are specific to the SR-25.. It sucks that theres not much available in terms of internal gearbox upgrades..

This post has been edited by EyeCon: Oct 8 2009, 10:21 PM

--------------------
-

-Magpuled G&P

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post Oct 29 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #107

I have to say the a&k stock hop unit and bucking is total crap
I added a g&p unit and bucking onto my element 509 tb and it shoots really straight at longer ranges even though im using .2's

I switched the unit with my jg 416 and in the 416 the a&k unit and bucking did absolutely nothing but make the bb curve sharply down to the ground at around 50 to 60 feet as if it were anti-hopping
I solved that with what I thought was a crappy metal hop unit and a bucking that I think came out of a crosman and a nub made from a bic pens ink tube ....strangely enough the gun shoots farther now and the hop unit gives the proper effect on the bb

when the a&k unit was in the sr-25 it caused all the shots to curve to the left like other peoples said theirs do even though I had the tb installed. and even after the bucking should have "broken in" it gave the bb no hop effect whatsoever even turned up on max

id reccomend switching the unit as well as the bucking with the a&k sr-25
I dunno how ions and the other guys were but mine had that special square ended shaped bucking and none of the other buckings would work in it. I also found that the a&k unit is about like a milimeter longer than the g&p and the unknown metal units

mine shoots far enough with just the g&p unit and bucking and element tb that I cant properly sight my scope in since I cant even see the bb anymore after about 150 to 160 feet and I know it makes it farther than that because of what I was shoting at to test the range and attempt to sight the scope in.
I took the scope off and tried out its iron sights and found out that there wasnt anything wrong with the guns accuracy
funny how I bought a scope along with this to sorta have a dmr-ish sniper rifle and I can shoot more accurately without the scope

This post has been edited by Dusti69: Oct 29 2009, 01:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mastersniper96
post Dec 13 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #108

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 49,576

Add Feedback for mastersniper96

alright, so im not really planning on doing any upgrading anytime soon (electric gun upgrades scare me, spring and gas don't)
what is better stock in your opinion, the kart EBR M14 or this SR-25?

+Quote Post
rossfashow
post Dec 13 2009, 04:22 AM
Post #109

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,293

Add Feedback for rossfashow

I wonder if A&K's SR25 URX is also great in quality as the fullsize

+Quote Post
Fatboy 589
post Dec 13 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #110

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 43,664
SOA Name: Fatboy 589

Add Feedback for Fatboy 589

It's essentially the same gun internally, so it'll be the same quality.

--------------------
ohai

+Quote Post
verisimilitude
post Dec 13 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #111

New Year, new me

Group: Moderator Level 2
Member No.: 50,503

Add Feedback for verisimilitude

QUOTE (mastersniper96 @ Dec 13 2009, 01:33 AM) *
alright, so im not really planning on doing any upgrading anytime soon (electric gun upgrades scare me, spring and gas don't)

Read through these threads and perhaps others on the forum and draw your own conclusions.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/kart-m14...mp;pid=18175039
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Kart-M14...p;mode=threaded

--------------------
Some pics from the collection: Eight Different M16s and M4s & Ten Pistols

********************************************************************************
For an account of recent experiences with barrel nuts, receiver threads, front rails, and the different sizes of R.S., airsoft metric, and G&P imperial, see here: Barrel nuts and receiver threads

+Quote Post
rossfashow
post Dec 14 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #112

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,293

Add Feedback for rossfashow

QUOTE (mastersniper96 @ Dec 12 2009, 10:33 PM) *

for sure this sr25. A&K make great products for a clone company

+Quote Post
The Razgriz
post Jan 28 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #113

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 54,597

Add Feedback for The Razgriz

I have had this gun for quite some time now, and have had a few problems with it. The stock battery was a 7.2 1100mah that came with it, not only died, but fried the stock charger, and caused some damaged to the wires. Right now I have an M-42 Golden Eagle High Torque Motor to put in, along with new shims, a 9.7 2200mah battery, and a new smart charger.

The question I have is; when I was disassembling it for the 4-5th time the red positive wire connection to the motor broke in half, and I was unable to fix it. How can I fix the connection, or if I can't what wire set should I buy?

Right now I'm only concerned with fixing the gearbox electrical system so that the gun will work, no upgrades, so any help will be appreciated.

+Quote Post
Fatboy 589
post Jan 28 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #114

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Just buy a standard set of v2 M4/M16 wires that are wired to the back and you should be okay a-thumbsup.gif
If you're good with a soldering iron, you could solder them back together, but if not, pick up a new set of wires.

--------------------
ohai

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Jan 29 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #115

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

I sold my SR-25. It never stopped being awesome. I just stopped playing. If anyone is interested, I've got some items left over; inner barrel, magazines, bipod, etc. PM me if interested.

I've been able to own and shoot two A&K SR-25 while airsofting, and both worked without any flaws. If you are thinking about getting one, do not hesitate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mastersniper96
post Jan 29 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #116

ASF Immigrant

Hi. I don't wanna seem lazy and as if I wasnt reading the review, because I did. I just cant pick out the stuff I wanna know. thanks

First of all, I have a 10.8v battery. Would this gun take the battery stock without breaking.

Also, im looking to get a new tightbore, hopup bucking, hopup system, new piston, cylender,air nozzel, and spring. Where can I get all of these off of what website, and what will fit and work the best.

would this fit? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2639 ?

Finally, im new to upgradeing gears/gearboxes. Should I upgrade the gears/gearbox? and how hard is it? where can I find a gude to do this?

any help would be really appreciated, thanks a-grin.gif

This post has been edited by mastersniper96: Jan 29 2010, 09:00 PM

+Quote Post
nieb15
post Jan 29 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #117

The Engineer
Group Icon

Add Feedback for nieb15

QUOTE (mastersniper96 @ Jan 29 2010, 05:24 PM) *
Hi. I don't wanna seem lazy and as if I wasnt reading the review, because I did. I just cant pick out the stuff I wanna know. thanks

First of all, I have a 10.8v battery. Would this gun take the battery stock without breaking.

Also, im looking to get a new tightbore, hopup bucking, hopup system, new piston, cylender,air nozzel, and spring. Where can I get all of these off of what website, and what will fit and work the best.

would this fit? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2639 ?

Finally, im new to upgradeing gears/gearboxes. Should I upgrade the gears/gearbox? and how hard is it? where can I find a gude to do this?

any help would be really appreciated, thanks a-grin.gif

The only problem with the A&K SR-25 is the gearbox. Don't get me wrong it is strong, but requires special components. You will not have to replace the gearbox shell. As the for gearbox internals (ha internal internals :D), you will need to go for CA SR-25 Torque up gears. The A&K uses standard M16 hardware everywhere besides the gearbox. That means inner barrels and hop-ups from M16/M4 style guns will work. The hop-up you listed will work.

Here was my low cost set-up. Prommy 509mm barrel, Systema bucking, SCS nub. With just those simple upgrades the gun was shooting like a dream.
If you are interested I still have the barrel. I could sell it for $50, brand new too. My friend fell on my old SR-25 (barrel smashed into rock, butt into his shoulder) and snapped it in two. But he gave me the money to repair/replace all the damaged parts. This was going to be the replacement barrel.

I never really saw a reason to upgrade it past that point, other than the "brag" factor. Shot pretty hot as it was, and was bloody accurate (man sized target at 200ft every time).

This post has been edited by nieb15: Jan 29 2010, 11:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fatboy 589
post Jan 30 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #118

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

I've had my SR25 since Dec. 17, and I freaking LOVE IT. The way it shoots is amazing, the sound it makes is like no other gun (it's very unique sounding... Dunno why...), it shoots hard and FAR. Then again, I did upgrade it, but it is my favorite gun out of the 30+ guns I've owned (regardless of quality of those guns), and out of the countless amounts of guns I've held and shot.
I've upgraded mine of course, and it's already a DMR at the place I play at, and with the people I play with.
With only an SCS nub, Systema bucking, a KM TN 6.03 barrel, and a Guarder Infinite Torque up motor. I'm hitting 200+ feet no issues, and can hit someone at 180+ with no issues whatsoever.
I've got some heavy plans for it in the near future, and she's going to be a monster. I think I'm going to have her for a looooong time.

OH and it's true, the stock motor CAN hold three hammers. It's scary. I think it may have more torque than the Guarder motor I have, but I could be wrong.

This post has been edited by Fatboy 589: Jan 30 2010, 11:28 AM

--------------------
ohai

+Quote Post
mastersniper96
post Feb 1 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #119

ASF Immigrant

ive got plenty of cash... I was planning on either a 6.03 or a 6.01 TB barrel, which bore do u think I should go with?.. I clean my barrel reguarly.... and what bucking should I get? to go along with a king arms system

and will my 10.8v batterty work in my gun stock? without it implodeing on me?

+Quote Post
Fatboy 589
post Feb 1 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #120

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

A 6.03 will suffice, but if you want maximum accuracy, use some damn fine BB's and a 6.01. Your 10.8v will work in the gun. Great trigger response even with the stock motor (tried it the other day). Also kind of depends on how big the 10.8v is, it should fit in the stock. It's pretty roomy in there. Throw in an SCS nub and a Systema bucking, you'll be set.

This post has been edited by Fatboy 589: Feb 1 2010, 10:30 PM

--------------------
ohai

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:25 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3