Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Airsoft "G-hop", 77m shots while under 1J
MasKila
post Oct 8 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #41

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 44,552

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for MasKila

Then I guess you guys are calling all the classic Airsoft guys with their LRB's, and very well documented 300 foot shots at field legal FPS, liars then, correct?

Come down to NJ some time and I'll have my friend pelt you with BB's at 275 feet at 60 RPS at well under 400 FPS.

This post has been edited by MasKila: Oct 8 2009, 03:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stealthmaster14
post Oct 8 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #42

ASF Addict

Group: Elite
Member No.: 34,499

Add Feedback for Stealthmaster14

I can engage a torso-sized target (I think it was 24 inches tall, 12 inches wide) from 170 feet fairly well while standing up, using my SRC G36K with G&G .25s. (I'm not very "steady" too) Haven't tested farther than that. Is it 9/10 time accuracy? No, but I can get a few shots in a row. If supported and I found the hop up sweet spot, I'm confident I could hit it about 5 times in a row. A burst of 3 has at least 1 round hit pretty much every time. (again me shaking comes into play quite a bit)

I don't think I'm over 400 fps, I'm guessing around 390 max.

This post has been edited by Stealthmaster14: Oct 8 2009, 06:48 PM

--------------------

Custom JG G36K-Madbull 6.03mm 363mm tightbore, Falcon 70 degree bucking, Deans, Guarder spring guide, Guarder SP110, Element POM bearing piston head, #14 O ring, longer air nozzle, SRC type 0 cylinder, dream army 7mm bushings, AOE adjusted
Youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/Stealthmaster15?feature=mhum

Airsoft is pretend war, but for big boys

+Quote Post
yee245
post Oct 8 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #43

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 35,467

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 6 (100%)
Add Feedback for yee245

QUOTE (OpSic66 @ Oct 8 2009, 04:00 PM) *
Define your idea of accurately. To me, I have to be able to hit an 11" target (roughly center mass size of a human). Getting a .20 BB @ 328fps to 175' accurately**, is not exactly easy.
Getting a .2 BB out to 175' at 328fps sure not a problem, seen it done. Getting it there accurately and with enough velocity for it to be felt. Now this is a completely different story. This is why I said 175' ain't gonna happen.
Also 410 fps is a markable large increase from 328fps.

I also plainly said that getting a BB out to 275 feet UNDER 400 Fps, is just not going to happen.

**I also claim "accurately" to be 9 out of 10 shots hitting said target. Not a "lucky" single shot.

I don't have an exact idea of what I believe "accurately" to be. In my post, I never defined "accurately," nor would I necessarily need to have, but I consider about 15% (3 hits out of about 20 shots) hits on an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper (the letter sized paper target I referred to) with iron sights at 200ft not to be it, but rather "relatively low accuracy" as I stated. In theory, 175' should get about the same results, if not better.

I only referred to my gun shooting 410fps, since it is only a bit over the 400fps you mentioned. While you were talking about 1J in post #19, post #30 is mainly what I was going off of. In the post I was replying to, you never clarified what is generally assumed, which is that the velocity is that as measured with a .20g BB. So, technically shooting with the .28g BB that I was shooting with at the time, it was shooting below 400fps. Also, in the post that I had quoted (#30), you were talking about a gun shooting under 400fps, not the 1J from post #19, so I believe my response was perfectly reasonably, especially since a 10fps decrease could probably be achieved by using a different chrono and/or a different (and smaller) .20g BB. The type that I had chronoed it with gave me 410fps was a 5.94mm average diameter BB in a 6.01mm barrel, so it could be possible that I drop down to 400fps or below by using something like an Excel bio BB, which has an average diameter of about 5.85mm.

I'm sorry that my definitions do not necessarily match yours, though I do have the same general idea of needing to be able to hit a person sized target, as my target was about that size if not smaller. I do admit I'm more of a chairsofter than a player, so my targets are not always people. I don't like it that now all of a sudden, the impact also needs to be felt, which was not mentioned in any of your posts so far in this thread, and that the BB has to be .20g, when in post #30, you said that it didn't matter the weight needed to get out to a given distance.

You said both 175' and 275'. Since I believe that it would be possible to get a BB out to 175' accurately (and I cite MarineSGT's video again), I made a post seeing if you really meant 275', which is what you had been talking about before. Basically, how I see it is that you said (Statement A) is true because of (Reason A) and that a completely different (Statement B) is true because of (Reason B), and I disagree with (Statement B) because of (Argument B), but you disagree with my (Argument B) because of (Statement A) and new (Specifications C). Getting a SGM out to 175' should yield your required accuracy at a properly adjusted 395fps gun, but getting a .20g BB out to 275' on 328fps is a completely different task, and not what I was arguing. If you change statements and add qualifications to the original statement, I guess I can't argue.
QUOTE (OpSic66 @ Oct 6 2009, 02:44 PM) *
I know from first hand experience, you ain't getting a .27 or .28 accuratly out to 275 feet, UNDER 400 Fps.

QUOTE (OpSic66 @ Oct 7 2009, 02:26 PM) *
I still stick to what I said. I know with first hand experience, that you are NOT getting a BB out past 175', accurately. Under 400Fps. No matter HOW heavy the BB is or how much hop it has.

I didn't see anything before (in this thread) about 175'. Anyway, since this argument is dumb and apparently due to a misunderstanding, I'll just stop it here.

Also, regarding physics not lying, I agree. The biggest problem is that most people don't have all the variables (or near enough) to make the correct calculation.

+Quote Post
YesOfficer
post Oct 8 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #44

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 45,756

Add Feedback for YesOfficer

QUOTE (MasKila @ Oct 8 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Then I guess you guys are calling all the classic Airsoft guys with their LRB's, and very well documented 300 foot shots at field legal FPS, liars then, correct?

Come down to NJ some time and I'll have my friend pelt you with BB's at 275 feet at 60 RPS at well under 400 FPS.

what are these "LRB"s you speak of? And how come they don't produce them anymore if they shoot 100yards accurately?

and 60RPS? sorry but I gotta call BS

--------------------

+Quote Post
Megabeast
post Oct 8 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #45

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 47,080

Add Feedback for Megabeast

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ Oct 8 2009, 11:23 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing but held my tongue. These are some pretty audacious claims. A 1J weapon that can shoot 60RPS with accuracy out to 275 feet.... please tell us what kind of weapon/build this is so we may all know what the greatest weapon ever created in the realm of Airsoft is. Can this weapon survive through an entire hi-cap without something failing? Is there something I'm missing here? Are you guys holding the gun up at a 30 degree angle or something?

This post has been edited by Megabeast: Oct 8 2009, 11:26 PM

+Quote Post
yee245
post Oct 8 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #46

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 35,467

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 6 (100%)
Add Feedback for yee245

My assumption is that they have some sort of magic associated with using classics. Since they don't have gearboxes and they were built decades ago and many still work, I'd imagine it is possible, since they don't have the same problems that we have making such high speeds using gearboxes.

+Quote Post
OpSic66
post Oct 8 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #47

كافر Extraordinaire

Member No.: 18,141

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for OpSic66

I have a JAC classic M4. I'll be the FIRST one to call BS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackpig
post Oct 8 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #48

Bravo Papa

Member No.: 26,709

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (66.7%)
Add Feedback for Blackpig

Ug...yes this is all feasible with the wonderful world of classic airsoft guns. For those who just started airsoft, let me explain as short as possible.

Back before the first AEGs, airsoft guns were similar to paintball markers, in that they ran off a external gas power source. By running off a external gas source, that means you can adjust the PSI which is kind of similar to increasing/decreasing outputs on batteries. Any who, that would mean that you can very easily adjust to 500 FPS to 300 FPS, 20 RPS to 60 RPS, in a couple of turns of an allen wrench. Heck, the fastest airsoft gun I've ever seen is 200 RPS.

"But Blackpig, what about the range?!?!?" To be honest, I'm not 100% sure so I'm not going to run my mouth. I will say that it is definitely possible and you can find your answer Visit My Website.

And the reason they went out of business is because AEGs are much cheaper. With classic guns, the air rig alone will run $100-$150 with the gun going up to $300 at least. Pair that up with the cost of refills and it's easy to see why AEGs have taken over the market.

Keep in mind also, not all classic guns had hop-up. The ones that did though, we're pretty amazing (just check out any Ashia support gun on Youtube). Man..I wish WatZ would jump in here.

This post has been edited by Blackpig: Oct 8 2009, 11:58 PM

+Quote Post
Adrian
post Oct 8 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #49

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 30,156

Add Feedback for Adrian

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ Oct 9 2009, 04:23 PM) *
what are these "LRB"s you speak of? And how come they don't produce them anymore if they shoot 100yards accurately?

LRB = long range barrel

they work by off setting the barrel to the bucking, IIRC they only work with BV guns.

see here
http://web.archive.org/web/20060313233135/.../hopup/hop4.htm

And as for hi rof with classics, all they have is a couple of springs some yube and o-rings, theres nothing really that goes wrong(looking at it from an AEG perspective) so you can just force more PSI into them

heres a GIF that shows how it works
http://web.archive.org/web/20060816081927/...t/images/bv.htm

+Quote Post
phantomwarrior
post Oct 9 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #50

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 29,187

Add Feedback for phantomwarrior

To me, it looks like the g-hop tilts the barrel down, and over hops much like how an lrb works.

LRB's are offset barrels at the chamber and muzzle (sometimes).

Also, on classicairsoft.org, (I don't know who), but someone used an lrb in a nbb m16 (don't know off the top odf my head) gun so that means they don't have to be in bv guns, just the reciprocating barrel helped them a lot.

I think from the classic airsoft videos that I watch show shots overhopping at the end of their trajectory, proving my thoughts on the g-hop.

Here's the topic I was talking about:

http://www.classicairsoft.org/forum/viewto...ilit=long+range

This post has been edited by phantomwarrior: Oct 9 2009, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
MasKila
post Oct 9 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #51

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for MasKila

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ Oct 8 2009, 11:23 PM) *

Many classics can do 60 RPS. They use a completely different system to shoot the BB than AEG's. Their BV system has one of the highest ROF you'll see.

For the 275' claim, it was actually 260 feet as I posted on page 1 of this topic, and WatZ's gun shoots about 60 RPS if I remember correctly (some ugly model of a Bushmaster). Each burst of full-auto, at under 400 FPS, hit me at 260 feet. I'm not saying every BB, but every burst scored a hit which should qualify for most as "accurate" (especailly for a full-auto gun at under 400 FPS).

For the 300' claims, go to the Classic Airsoft page Blackpig linked to and you'll see stories galore. And Blackpig, WatZ can't jump in here, they banned him. But he's alive and well in NJ, and just joined the team I'm on actually.

+Quote Post
Quizzor
post Oct 9 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #52

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 50,262

Add Feedback for Quizzor

Many classics can do 60 RPS. They use a completely different system to shoot the BB than AEG's. Their BV system has one of the highest ROF you'll see.

For the 275' claim, it was actually 260 feet as I posted on page 1 of this topic, and WatZ's gun shoots about 60 RPS if I remember correctly (some ugly model of a Bushmaster). Each burst of full-auto, at under 400 FPS, hit me at 260 feet. I'm not saying every BB, but every burst scored a hit which should qualify for most as "accurate" (especailly for a full-auto gun at under 400 FPS).

For the 300' claims, go to the Classic Airsoft page Blackpig linked to and you'll see stories galore. And Blackpig, WatZ can't jump in here, they banned him. But he's alive and well in NJ, and just joined the team I'm on actually.

...then why the hell are we using electrics?

+Quote Post
vgamedude
post Oct 9 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #53

FURRY

Member No.: 50,979

Add Feedback for vgamedude

QUOTE (Quizzor @ Oct 9 2009, 05:27 PM) *

I have to ask this question aswell. a-confused.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
YesOfficer
post Oct 9 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #54

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE (MasKila @ Oct 9 2009, 11:41 AM) *

Oh damn, I didn't know Classics used an external gas system like a paintball marker. To be quite honest, I'm kinda glad AEG's put them out of business, a marker that shoots 60-100rps just isn't FUN to play against lol.

I'm still not quite understanding the concept of LRBs though, those diagrams weren't very clear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stealthmaster14
post Oct 9 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #55

ASF Addict

Member No.: 34,499

Add Feedback for Stealthmaster14

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ Oct 9 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Oh damn, I didn't know Classics used an external gas system like a paintball marker. To be quite honest, I'm kinda glad AEG's put them out of business, a marker that shoots 60-100rps just isn't FUN to play against lol.

I'm still not quite understanding the concept of LRBs though, those diagrams weren't very clear.

Yeah, that would hurt like crap, especially considering dishonest players could "crank up" the fps of their guns after chronoing. And some people have lead fingers......

--------------------

Custom JG G36K-Madbull 6.03mm 363mm tightbore, Falcon 70 degree bucking, Deans, Guarder spring guide, Guarder SP110, Element POM bearing piston head, #14 O ring, longer air nozzle, SRC type 0 cylinder, dream army 7mm bushings, AOE adjusted
Youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/Stealthmaster15?feature=mhum

Airsoft is pretend war, but for big boys

+Quote Post
phantomwarrior
post Oct 9 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #56

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 29,187

Add Feedback for phantomwarrior

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ Oct 9 2009, 06:02 PM) *

The chamber end (where the bb's are fed into the barrel) is raised higher than the center line of the chamber. On an aeg, that would be above the centerline of the air nozzle.

The offset barrel has a loading ramp machined into it. I don't know anything about bb holding, but I think it's an o-ring at the opening of the barrel. Sometimes the muzzle end of the barrel is offset down even more.

So, when the bb is shot, it travels up the ramp with speed, into the roof of the barrel, and it gets backspin applied to it over the whole length of the barrel.

+Quote Post
YesOfficer
post Oct 10 2009, 06:54 AM
Post #57

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

oh ok, almost like a flatline barrel for Tippmann paintball guns, but less curved obviously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasKila
post Oct 11 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #58

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for MasKila

QUOTE (Quizzor @ Oct 9 2009, 05:27 PM) *

AEG's are cheaper and easier to use. My friends with classics go to games an hour before everybody else. They bring a box with about 7 different BB weights then spend an hour adjusting the pressure (for a field legal FPS) and trying different BB weights until they get the trajectory right. They have to use this because many (if not most, especially older) classics don't have hop-up built in. So they have to get a custom LRB made and installed. Instead of simply turning a dial to adjust the hop-up like in an AEG they have to use different weight BB's instead (or open up the gun, and I believe use different strength o-rings or springs or something like that).

Oh, and there's also the problem of having to have a heavy tank of gas on your back that can cost a lot to fill up, and a tube running from the gun to the backpack.

+Quote Post
Quizzor
post Oct 14 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #59

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 50,262

Add Feedback for Quizzor

I still don't get this. Why aren't we using this LRB system with AEGs? It doesn't look like it would ONLY work with the BV system. It's just a tilted barrel. Why can't we have a hopup and a tilted barrel?

This post has been edited by Quizzor: Oct 14 2009, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post
aznriptide859
post Oct 14 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #60

ASR's Commie Mod
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,137

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 19 (100%)
Add Feedback for aznriptide859

Because you don't have the gas pressure of a GBB behind an AEG; the air pressure is fixed, which is why the hopup system was invented. You can't have both.

--------------------

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3