Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Airsoft accidents, What was your worst airsoft accident?
P90-4-LIFE
post Apr 30 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 66,636

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for P90-4-LIFE

Just wanted to see other airsofter's worst accidents! a-grin.gif

My worst one was when I was handing my kwa M9 to a friend, loaded and ready, and with safety on of course.
And the gun's line of fire happened to cross his face for a fraction of a second, (I know, I know, I was being really stupid a-gross.gif ),
The safety decided to fail right then and hit his lip! a-shocked.gif

It didn't hurt him for sum reason, but my mom got really pissed and took away my guns.
She wanted me to find out what she should do, if she should let me off, or if she should keep my guns.
It was kinda traumatic for me, and I know much better than that.

So what do you guys think? Tell me what your opinion is and post your stories.

This post has been edited by P90-4-LIFE: Apr 30 2011, 04:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lon3Wo1f
post Apr 30 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Extreme Collector, UCSD Class of 2015
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Free
Member No.: 55,135
SOA Name: Lon3Wo1f

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 13 (100%)
Add Feedback for Lon3Wo1f

Could have been much worst. If he got hit in the eye....

But anyways, I was once headshotted by a CO2 launched beanie baby.

I was walking next to our "apc" when the OPFOR opened up from their ambush on my side of the road. Our rules dictate that the APC can only be killed by a projectile, so when they lined up the shot, I noticed the flying pig and tried ducking out of the way. If I didn't notice, it would have just bounced off my vest. By ducking, I got it straight to my forehead giving me a 4 hour headache.

--------------------
QUOTE (theyoungone10 @ Jun 15 2010, 02:06 PM) *
Congrats. You're the new Necro Post Champion! Over 6 years. WOW
QUOTE (Automobilie @ Jul 27 2010, 08:25 AM) *
The only problem is that they can sue you if they're still alive.........so you probably have to knife them or something.....
QUOTE (defasturias @ Sep 16 2010, 03:27 PM) *
However I feel more comfortable holding a strangers d**k than a G36.
QUOTE (aznriptide859 @ Mar 15 2011, 07:22 PM) *
Or Antarctica, land of the automatic electric penguins.
QUOTE (Purple_ninja @ Dec 6 2012, 05:31 PM) *
No, I don't like hop up. Maybe people do, but I do alot of long range combat, and the hop up just screws me up.

+Quote Post
Messinator
post Apr 30 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #3

And then he herded them on to a boat

Member No.: 57,394

My Temperament:Sanguine
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 11 (100%)
Add Feedback for Messinator

Hmm. Fragging myself twice with timed tornadoes, (messing up my throw) or going pistols only in CQB and then pulling the trigger to have nothing happen, I forgot to fill it up with gas. Unsurprisingly, I then got lit up.

This post has been edited by Messinator: Apr 30 2011, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
7usabball
post Apr 30 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #4

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 66,637

Add Feedback for 7usabball

Not me, but people I played with. We were in middle school, I don't remember what grade, it was 6-7 years ago. Anyways, we were all using bad guns in a kids backyard. (springers or low end electric guns)

So we were all done a game, and we were all talking. A kid let another kid borrow some cheap spring pistol. Well to make the story short, he was fooling around, joking around pointing it at a kid thought no bb's were in it or it wasn't cocked, idk. And he shot a kid in the eye. (pistol-eye range was probably 1-3ft)

The kid who got shot in the eye did NOT lose his eye. (probably because it was a spring pistol)

This post has been edited by 7usabball: Apr 30 2011, 09:53 PM

+Quote Post
FSMSJ
post Apr 30 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #5

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 66,618

Add Feedback for FSMSJ

I was at a field with a 20' surrender rule. I was in a bunker and noticed someone flanking. I was less than 10' and yelled "surrender" twice. He was looking the other way at the time, and had his weapon lowered. He turned to me, I yelled again, and he raised his AK and shot off around 20 BBs at me. One hit my left fore finger and blood splattered out all over the front of my M16, the next hit my left middle finger with the same results and the final hit was on my left arm, also bleeding. Fortunately the ref was right next to me when this happened. The guy who shot me didnt even apologize. I really wanted to just unload on him, my gun was shooting 400fps with .25s, but I resisted the urge and kept my sportsmanship.

Yeah I know I should of worn gloves, but it gets hot in san jose, so I chose to risk it.

That was a bad day, because a few hours later I got shot right in my nuts, lefty was sore till late that night shock.gif Does anyone use any form of groin protection? After this I am considering some options. I can live with fingers and fore arms getting shot up, but my face and groin are sacred lol

This post has been edited by FSMSJ: Apr 30 2011, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post
namloot
post May 1 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 29,837

Add Feedback for namloot

My son and I were attacking a position. I crossed in front of him and he raked my shoulders with his AUG (425fps w/ .20g BB) from about 5 feet away. I had welts across my back for about two weeks.

--------------------
Bob
My Marui M14, Custom Marui AK47 and Custom Marui G36KV

+Quote Post
Ronnokk
post May 1 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #7

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 60,009

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 10 (100%)
Add Feedback for Ronnokk

QUOTE (FSMSJ @ Apr 30 2011, 11:17 PM) *
I was at a field with a 20' surrender rule. I was in a bunker and noticed someone flanking. I was less than 10' and yelled "surrender" twice. He was looking the other way at the time, and had his weapon lowered. He turned to me, I yelled again, and he raised his AK and shot off around 20 BBs at me. One hit my left fore finger and blood splattered out all over the front of my M16, the next hit my left middle finger with the same results and the final hit was on my left arm, also bleeding. Fortunately the ref was right next to me when this happened. The guy who shot me didnt even apologize. I really wanted to just unload on him, my gun was shooting 400fps with .25s, but I resisted the urge and kept my sportsmanship.

Yeah I know I should of worn gloves, but it gets hot in san jose, so I chose to risk it.

That was a bad day, because a few hours later I got shot right in my nuts, lefty was sore till late that night shock.gif Does anyone use any form of groin protection? After this I am considering some options. I can live with fingers and fore arms getting shot up, but my face and groin are sacred lol

What happened to the guy with the AK? I'm hoping he got kicked out for the day at least.

+Quote Post
Airsoft Mum
post May 1 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #8

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 65,369

Add Feedback for Airsoft Mum

Where to begin? Broke my wrist throwing a sand bag! Got shot up the nose with a Beeb whilst playing CQB (wearing only eye protection - duh!)
had to borrow a multi-tool from another player to use the pliers to remove the BB - that one hurt more than the wrist! Then there was the time when some-one emptied their Mac 11 mag into the back of my hand at point blank range.....that was a bit ugly.....only time that I've truly lost the rag whilst playing airsoft - thought I was gonna kill the guy, then found out that he was a newbie. So, took a deep breath and explained the rules to him. What can you do? We were all new once!

+Quote Post
Nuclear Squirrel
post May 1 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 44,942

Add Feedback for Nuclear Squirrel

before I got my BA G&G gun, I didn't have anything, so I would use my friends' leftover guns at games (before anyone had anything. I didn't buy a springer or anything because the $10 that went into that springer could bump my good gun up to a better gun [eg. 130 for a JG, 140 for a CM])

Anyways, I was using my brother's friend's spring 1911. it was having some serious issues with firing. me and my friend were in a trench, and I pulled back the slide to load a BB, and as the slide went forward, it must have hit against something, because the BB shot out and hit me in the leg. Then, 5 miutes later in the same trench, I took the 1911 off safety, and it shot my friend in the leg.

+Quote Post
air2727
post May 1 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #10

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 66,644

Add Feedback for air2727

1 year ago I was behind a fallen tree And it split at the part I was near into a y. My friend attacked us from the side and a bit behind so I wanted to get over the log. I went up my foot caught the y I was falling and I could not move my gun it hit the ground my finger hit the trigger and I shot my chin. And I rolled my ankle. It was a m4 410 fps with .25g. a-blushing.gif

--------------------
JDAIR

+Quote Post
Paisley Pirate
post May 2 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #11

Drives an S60R, but is NOT sparkly...

Member No.: 11,740

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Paisley Pirate

Didn't happen to me, (thank goodness) but AirsoftSniper01 got shot in the face with a gbb glock several years ago now... from 40 feet at least... it chipped his tooth out, just below the braces...

He was still in high school at the time, and had to explain to mommy why his tooth (with braces attached) got snapped just below the brace... yeah... good times.. at least she worked in the dentists office, so it wasn't as bad to fix as it could have been...

Most of the other stuff were things like twisted ankles and the like... had one not accident happen.. a dummy who charged up and wouldn't take the first 10 shots that hit him (he apparently was bulletproof) until I shot him at point blank range in neck, chin, cheek and forehead with my NBB Mk 23 SOCOM... yeah... 400 fps gun at literally point blank range... all he said at first was, Yeah, but I got you, too... but I wasn't the dummy who had bbs lodged in my face.... blood, everything... this was the same guy who didn't take a sniper hit in the chest earlier that day because 'it hit my spare battery, so that didn't count'

Needless to say, he was invited to not come back...

I am only a little ashamed to have shot him like that... only a little... and he was a former co-worker that I got along with for the most part, too...

--------------------
-THE Paisley Pirate- <=== Read at your own peril
Need a Gun worked on? Fast Turn Around. Any Make. References.

+Quote Post
Deltie
post May 2 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #12

Supreme Leader Of Umbrella United
Group Icon

Group: ASF Dealer
Member No.: 60,152

My Temperament:1,0,7,16
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 23 (100%)
Add Feedback for Deltie

Was running away from fire downhill. Was moving way too fast and tripped downhill, face/right wrist first into a trench 2ft below. Happened about a month ago, still have the scar on my knee and wrist.

Also, my pursuers didn't know I fell and tripped, and contiued to shoot a nice burst at my back while I was down. Lost, my USB drive, and my nice ARD-sunshade on my scope too and broke a sling mount.

--------------------
-Umbrella Armories LLC

+Quote Post
whytheneon
post May 3 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #13

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 60,362

Add Feedback for whytheneon

didn't happen to me, but my to my right hand man.

him and a little kid (like 12) were covering a hallway and taking turns snap shooting from cover. when they took return fire, the little kid forgot the rhythm, and peppered my boy's strong side arm with about 15 bbs from like 10 feet.

mine would have to be getting bunched up by 5-6 little kids (again 10-12yo) and me being 6'2, I stuck out. 4 opfor clear a doorway and start shooting, I try to scramble out of the way and fall over 2 kids and get my gun barrel stuffed into my chin. plus the hits from the other team

--------------------

+Quote Post
SF BloodBrother
post May 3 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #14

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 66,602

Add Feedback for SF BloodBrother

QUOTE (P90-4-LIFE @ Apr 30 2011, 03:59 PM) *

My worst one was when I was handing my kwa M9 to a friend, loaded and ready, and with safety on of course.
And the gun's line of fire happened to cross his face for a fraction of a second, (I know, I know, I was being really stupid a-gross.gif ),

It didn't hurt him for sum reason, but my mom got really pissed and took away my guns.
She wanted me to find out what she should do, if she should let me off, or if she should keep my guns.

My brothers friend shot me in the eye. It really hurt. I had to go to the eye Dr. And had to put eye drops in my eyes for a week, while wearing a protective eye cover. I'm glade I went to the Dr. because if I hadn't I would have went blind in my left eye. So if you ever get shot in the eye, and it really hurts. You have to go to the Dr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lefse
post May 3 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 61,524

Add Feedback for Lefse

Hm, the worst that happened to me was a guy blasting my arm at 1m range, got a few bleeding bruises. Haven't gotten any serious injuries really.

+Quote Post
Knighthawk
post May 4 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #16

Shadow

Member No.: 42,095

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 15 (100%)
Add Feedback for Knighthawk

One time a metal barrel, like the ones that hold gasoline was torn open for scenery and was also lodged into the ground, well it was next to a slumped surface and my boot slipped off the hill, sending my right leg into the barrel ripping the bdu and cutting my leg...painful

About 4 days ago I was airsoft in my house and got hit, made af dramatic fall, and the top of my gun bounced off the ground while on my sling, straight towards my lip, busting it open and then the rail cutting it up....not fun

--------------------
"Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

35th Mountain Assault Unit is recruiting!
(PM me)
My Navy SEAL kit
Getting into Airsoft? Here's a Guide!

+Quote Post
Tkot
post May 4 2011, 03:23 PM
Post #17

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,320

Add Feedback for Tkot

I was shot right on the adam's apple by a UTG Gen. 5 M324S sniper rifle from about 12 feet away. Neither of us had any idea we were so close to each other, so when I stepped out I startled him and he shot. Otherwise he wouldn't have shot at that short of a range. Anyways, I couldn't speak for the rest of the day. Eating was a a-censored.gif ...

--------------------
DFTBA

+Quote Post
diz321
post May 6 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #18

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 66,804

Add Feedback for diz321

I am a new player I got my new gun well new to me I was putting the battery in it did not pay attention to the fact the safety was not on and shot myself point blank in the side now have a nice scar lol a-laugh.gif

+Quote Post
sinfulpain
post May 6 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #19

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 62,381

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for sinfulpain

QUOTE (P90-4-LIFE @ Apr 30 2011, 01:59 PM) *

When handing a handgun with a round in the chamber to someone else (which I never suggest to do with real steel, just as a safety factor), you hold the gun by the barrel, and have them grab the pistol grip (WITHOUT PUTTING THEIR FINGERS NEAR THE TRIGGER!). That should ensure nobody will get shot, and if you do, you won't risk putting anyone's eye out, you'll just get a welt on your torso (assuming you are passing an airsoft gun, not a real-steel one).

If I was her, I'd take them away from you for at least 2 weeks, and make you prove that you were responsible enough to use them again. If it happened a second time, I'd make you sell them. I don't play around when it comes to peoples safety. Doing that results in crap like SB798.

~Brian

This post has been edited by sinfulpain: May 6 2011, 04:46 PM

+Quote Post
Jerichow
post May 6 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #20

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 61,271

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 7 (100%)
Add Feedback for Jerichow

Two injuries I got from airsoft... hmm, these are the worst two I've had yet.

1: Playing at an open session I was running near the edge of some woods trying to get into the field of action when I came across a 5 man squad walking towards me. Didn't realize we were enemies until we were within vocal range. Upon finding out, I began to haul @#$ the other way, not realizing I was running almost parallel with a small trench bed. Placed one right foot wrong and rolled my ankle with 270lbs of body and gear onto it. Had it not been for wearing an industrial boot that had a neck that came 4" up over my ankle I'd probably have broken my ankle that day.

2: Was playing in a night operation where a 150 man strong force had to invade our base at two choke points. Of course this was one of the only times I'm at the very front of one of the two said choke points. We(a "friend" of mine and another teammate) wait near the entrance of the gate and confirm a small group of 3 people coming at the gate. Of course, I figure my friend will open fire with me and we'll take them out. Sure enough, he doesn't, later admitting he wanted to see if others would fire, since he didn't want to get shot.... Well he was right. A guy about 20ft away dropped a green laser on me and called all people in the area(later on found out about 75 were firing at me). I got hit over 2000 times in a 5-10 second span, and have a crushed nerve in my left elbow that still has not healed, and I cannot go to prone without being extremely careful not to hit my elbow, and require an elbow pad on that arm now.

This post has been edited by Jerichow: May 6 2011, 10:36 PM

--------------------
"The path of least resistance is the past of least reward."

QUOTE (Slippy @ Jan 6 2012, 07:39 PM) *
Version 6 is my favorite, version 3's trigger assembly is a punch to the nuts.

QUOTE (BigEd @ Nov 6 2011, 06:53 AM) *
I am 40 now... I enjoy airsoft artillery support. One shot = Seven kills.
My version of CQB is leveling the entire building.
///ed///

+Quote Post
JubJub
post May 6 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #21

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 48,554

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for JubJub

I work at a fairly popular airsoft field here in CA. Because I don't mind getting shot usually, I am usually the VIP for those games. One game in particular, where I was a downed pilot , I was armed. I managed to kill a bunch of derps who didnt realized they could shoot me then disarm me. So, after finally being disarmed, I started to move super slowly, screaming about how I want to go back the the US and have apple pie and other random crap. The guy who disarmed me tells another player next to him to shoot me once in the plate carrier. Said player whips around, and hoses me at 5 feet away, 400 FPS gun. I have 8 scars on my left arm from that encounter. The dude next to him was like "WTF Man I said shoot him once. You :censored2:." I called him out and managed to finish the game. Its a great conversation starter now.

--------------------

QUOTE (chris detrin @ Jul 4 2011, 03:06 PM) *
that and im a mag Professional.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3