> Black Flash Hider for WE M14
M60man
post Sep 21 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 70,449
SOA Name: MachineGunWilly

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for M60man

Hi all. I just bought a WE M14 GBBR from Airsoft GI, AWESOME GUN! I highly recommend it if you want a GBBR or if you're a collector and/or Vietnam War weapons freak like I am :D

Anyway, I can't get over that big orange flash hider, I bought the gun because its as real to the M14 as you can get, so that thing has to go. But I've looked high and low and can't find a black flash hider for it anywhere! I've been told AEG M14 flash hiders will work, too, no luck on those either. Anyone know where I can get one? I want that orange tip gone!

Also, does anyone know if a real M6 bayonet will work on the gun? I don't see why it wouldn't but then again the Bayonet is U.S and the flash hider lug is probably metric. Like I said I'm collector and you can't have an M14 without a Bayonet for it :D

This post has been edited by M60man: Sep 21 2011, 07:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Private Parts
post Sep 21 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #2

STAY FROSTY

Group: Elite
Member No.: 53,090

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 8 (100%)
Add Feedback for Private Parts

I would look into real steel M14 flash hiders. They are cheap and should be able to work(don't quote me on it, though.)

PP

This post has been edited by Private Parts: Sep 21 2011, 07:37 PM

--------------------
SELLING A KWA ATP AUTO WITH 50 rd MAG

+Quote Post
M60man
post Sep 21 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

Add Feedback for M60man

QUOTE (Private Parts @ Sep 21 2011, 08:37 PM) *
I would look into real steel M14 flash hiders. They are cheap and should be able to work(don't quote me on it, though.)

PP

I thought about that, too. But thats the issue I don't know if they'd fit. Again U.S vs Metric possibly. Plus I've only seen then for like $60 no less. I saw a black one for an AEG M14 for like $3.95 but it was out of stock.

+Quote Post
M60man
post Sep 21 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #4

ASF Immigrant

Add Feedback for M60man

Found this, price isn't bad. The orange looks plastic but I can't tell for sure.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=29311

+Quote Post
Private Parts
post Sep 22 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #5

STAY FROSTY

Group: Elite
Member No.: 53,090

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 8 (100%)
Add Feedback for Private Parts

QUOTE (M60man @ Sep 21 2011, 08:17 PM) *
I thought about that, too. But thats the issue I don't know if they'd fit. Again U.S vs Metric possibly. Plus I've only seen then for like $60 no less.

Really? When I was looking into them, I was finding them for around $20. I'll try and see if I can find them.

PP

--------------------
SELLING A KWA ATP AUTO WITH 50 rd MAG

+Quote Post
M60man
post Sep 23 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #6

ASF Immigrant

Add Feedback for M60man

QUOTE (Private Parts @ Sep 22 2011, 09:07 PM) *
Really? When I was looking into them, I was finding them for around $20. I'll try and see if I can find them.

PP

I would very much appreciate that. I looked around again and I even found some made from the WE M14, but they're also around $60! I'd like find one in the $20 range, possibly lower if I can. As I posted below, I found on on Evike for $15 but it has orange on it and I can't tell if its painted on or just a plastic cover.

+Quote Post
Rob Dobbs
post Oct 27 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #7

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 61,114

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 6 (100%)
Add Feedback for Rob Dobbs

Posted this in your other thread about the tip:

Found this thread in a WE M14 parts teardown search. I don't use these for airsofting but as props. Stay legal if your using them for games, local laws, blah blah blah...

The orange paint is plastic based which is why it doesnt wear off all too well with traditional paint removal chemicals. I simply burn it off with a hand torch. It can take awhile as you don't want to melt the metal itself or raise air pockets inside the cast metal which will leave a pitt or bubble on the surface. Once the top layer is gone I run a green pad over it to loosen it up while still hot, torch, green pad, repeat as needed. Oven cleaner will work as well but it can weaken the metal in the long term. For paint, it may not be needed but I run a coat of flat black over it while its still hot, then torch it again and run the green pad over again.

The WE M14 tip, some color is still visible, I was in a hurry.

The M14 EBR, very simple to burn off:

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3