Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cheapest Polar Star HPA Rig?, What is the cheapest option?
Sakal
post Oct 13 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 64,660

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 5 (100%)
Add Feedback for Sakal

I've been looking around online for polar star hpa setups, (tank, hose, regulator, stabilizer) and I cant find a suitable option for under $250. I'm wondering what my cheapest option is, while still being effective.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vulrath
post Oct 15 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 48,213

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for vulrath

Build it yourself. That is going to be your absolute cheapest solution.

Look on ebay for the regulator. That'll save you some money there (in theory, anyway). I built the entire rig (it's HPA-ready, but I run CO2 because it's cheaper) for my GBBR and my KJW M700 for between $100-150 (it's been a long while since then, so my memory is a little fuzzy). I built it using the guide Brainplay made in the Tanaka subforum of the Sniper Rifles forum. It'll also give you some specific criteria regarding regulators.

This post has been edited by vulrath: Oct 15 2011, 08:29 AM

--------------------
In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion.

+Quote Post
jIMMY37
post Oct 15 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 52,079

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 6 (100%)
Add Feedback for jIMMY37

Well, I got my HPA ready rig from Palmers Pursuit shop on Ebay. It was 116$ shipped. You could also pick up a gauge from Ebay while you are there for about ten bucks. It's done everything I've needed regulated gas for.

--------------------

I don't vent, I'm violently honest.

QUOTE (Zemanova @ Nov 7 2011, 01:36 AM) *
don't get this one. itll go in and get lost
http://www.khmountain.com/new/airsoft/HP006.jpg
trust me, im a gynecologist

+Quote Post
Jimbud
post Oct 17 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #4

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 54,800

Add Feedback for Jimbud

QUOTE (Sakal @ Oct 13 2011, 11:26 PM) *
I've been looking around online for polar star hpa setups, (tank, hose, regulator, stabilizer) and I cant find a suitable option for under $250. I'm wondering what my cheapest option is, while still being effective.

I bought one from here I got there most expensive version but there Ranger model is the cheapest complete and ready to go one I found. $135 for the remote and they also have a 62 / 3000 air tank for $65 bucks. Thats $200.00 for the whole thing.
You might be able to build one cheaper but nobody seems to have all the parts in one place so its a pain in the *** to track it all down.
I know I tried. a-grin.gif

+Quote Post
Scott Sutherland
post Oct 20 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 62,457

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (83.3%)
Add Feedback for Scott Sutherland

QUOTE (Jimbud @ Oct 17 2011, 01:39 PM) *
I bought one from here I got there most expensive version but there Ranger model is the cheapest complete and ready to go one I found. $135 for the remote and they also have a 62 / 3000 air tank for $65 bucks. Thats $200.00 for the whole thing.
You might be able to build one cheaper but nobody seems to have all the parts in one place so its a pain in the *** to track it all down.
I know I tried. a-grin.gif

Best place to get the Polarstar rig is Ampedairsoft.com best customer service in the business. Best place for a tank is craigslist or pbnation.com's for sale section. I picked up a couple from craigslist a 68ci/4500 crossfire and a ninja 48/4500 got both for around $100(the ninja is a very nice tank...). Just remember to check if the tank is in hydro date still or it will need to get checked and that will cost you $30+

The advice your getting is good for most HPA setups but not so much for a polarstar, they are very specific about the stabilizer and the secondary regulator to use, deviate from that and its not going to operate as intended. I have heard good things about the AKA regulator that redline is using also.

Enjoy your fusion engine, best money I have ever spent on airsoft..

This post has been edited by Scott Sutherland: Oct 20 2011, 11:58 PM

+Quote Post
sniperelite7
post Oct 21 2011, 09:46 AM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,103
SOA Name: Brad T.

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for sniperelite7

Pretty sure I built the ideal set up for under 250. Ideal setup is going to have an aka 2-liter and an smc ar10.

+Quote Post
Jimbud
post Oct 21 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #7

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 54,800

Add Feedback for Jimbud

QUOTE (Scott Sutherland @ Oct 20 2011, 11:47 PM) *
Best place to get the Polarstar rig is Ampedairsoft.com best customer service in the business. Best place for a tank is craigslist or pbnation.com's for sale section. I picked up a couple from craigslist a 68ci/4500 crossfire and a ninja 48/4500 got both for around $100(the ninja is a very nice tank...). Just remember to check if the tank is in hydro date still or it will need to get checked and that will cost you $30+

The advice your getting is good for most HPA setups but not so much for a polarstar, they are very specific about the stabilizer and the secondary regulator to use, deviate from that and its not going to operate as intended. I have heard good things about the AKA regulator that redline is using also.

Enjoy your fusion engine, best money I have ever spent on airsoft..

I don't have any first hand knowledge as far as Amped goes but I have heard good things about them. And from what I understand Polarstar is switching to the AKA reg too instead of the stabilizer.
From talking to the guys at Redline and from my own experience with my system the secondary reg really is not needed. I have to say my gun shoots great. No shoot down and it is super consistent.

But I do agree that getting my PR15 was the best money I ever spent on airsoft!

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 11:22 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3