Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am Deleting Select Member Accounts, Airsoft Events are being setup in Top Destination Spots, & ASF pay
admin
post Nov 1 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Webmaster

Group: Website Administrator
Member No.: 7,858
SOA Name: admin

My Temperament:7,7,2,8
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for admin

This sucks, but I have been deleting hundreds and hundreds of member accounts the last few weeks.

The reason is because I am very tired of getting loads of bounced emails every time a member's email account stops working from some reason or the other. Deleting member accounts around here is nothing new when an account is old or stops working, I have been doing this for years when a member doesn't come around anymore and their email quits working.

I just hate having to delete an account. Some of these accounts, I am sure are were still active, some of those members just refuse to update their email addresses. The problem is that when ever I send out an email to the website members (which is usually pretty rare), I get literally thousands of bounced emails either because their mail box is full, or they have changed internet providers or their yahoo or hotmail account is so old they never use it anymore.

recently, I have deleted about 500 accounts in the last couple of weeks due to cleaning out the bounced emails from my inbox. Not only does this suck having to do that, but I hate having to make a decision on a members account when they have useful content, useful posts and topics.

Many of these account are just people who have joined to spam their team website or make a post or two here and there and then we never see them again, but many of these accounts are long time members with hundreds of posts in some cases.

When a member's email stops working and they have some decent post history or they have recently logged into the forums, I try and cut them some slack and just change their member group to the "member has broken email" which doesn't allow them to view anything until they send me a working email address.

HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT THIS FROM EVER HAPPENING TO YOU...

If you would like to make sure that your account never gets deleted or moved into the broken email account, simply update and complete your profile to make sure that you have a secondary email address on file, a working phone number (only administrators can see it), and maybe an instant messenger or two...

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/edit-profile-info.html

...That way if there is ever a problem with your account, I have a way to reach you so we can fix your account. Otherwise, if your email starts bouncing messages back to us (regardless of if you think your email works or not)... I have no choice but to eventually suspend or delete it depending on your post history, recent activity - stuff like that.

I'm not trying to be a dill-hole, but people not keeping a working email on file is a real pet peeve of mine; especially when I get 2,300 bounced messages every time I try to send out an announcement.

I hope you can understand that and I hope this bit of info helps. Please use the following link to make sure your profile is complete and up to date.

thanks

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
springgunner
post Nov 1 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 48,820

Add Feedback for springgunner

thats bad for the deleted accounts....
sorry about the bounced emails though, I know that can be a hassle.

--------------------

If you are a Christian, coservative, pro-gun, pro-life, semi-sorta-kinda organic eantn'airsofter; put this in your sig.

Near Fort Bragg?
Need a place to play?
check out Queen Annes Revenge!
PM me, WOCDMR'ist or go to our website: http://queenannesrevengenc.webs.com/

+Quote Post
Sandman_Bravo
post Nov 5 2009, 08:16 AM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 49,278

Add Feedback for Sandman_Bravo

QUOTE (admin @ Nov 1 2009, 02:19 PM) *
This sucks, but I have been deleting hundreds and hundreds of member accounts the last few weeks.

I only have one e-mail and don't IM as I'm old enough to be most of you guyz's father. So don't delete the ol' Sandman!

This post has been edited by Sandman_Bravo: Nov 5 2009, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post
Fatboy 589
post Nov 5 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 43,664
SOA Name: Fatboy 589

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for Fatboy 589

I had an account before this one, it was just Fatboy. I couldn't ever log into it, so if that gets deleted, that's okay. Just not this one. Lol.

--------------------
ohai

+Quote Post
yay1
post Dec 14 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 52,885

Add Feedback for yay1

How long of a period would you allow between the user posting and taking a break?

--------------------
My guns: KWA m-16, utg m50 shotgun, tsd m-14, kwc Spring Beretta, TSD mp5k

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:21 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3