Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ECHO 1 ASR
MichaelC
post Nov 14 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #1

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 60,704

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for MichaelC

Ok. SO after playing around with my WELL MB07 sniper rifle as my project rifle, ive gotten the feel of how to handle these beauties.. my next legitimate rifle that I will use for serious scenarios is that of the ECHO 1 ASR.. ive heard nothing but good things about it.. My only dilemma is, I don't want to leave it standard. I would like a tightbore, a silencer for extra barrel length and a hop up bucking, however I cant for the life of me find viable parts that work for these.. can anyone give in detail and if possible URL the parts that will allow me to turn this gun into a beast or a site that provides things for airsoft sniper rifles? thank you very much
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sniperx2s
post Nov 14 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 54,762

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 6 (100%)
Add Feedback for sniperx2s

QUOTE (MichaelC @ Nov 14 2010, 05:58 AM) *
Ok. SO after playing around with my WELL MB07 sniper rifle as my project rifle, ive gotten the feel of how to handle these beauties.. my next legitimate rifle that I will use for serious scenarios is that of the ECHO 1 ASR.. ive heard nothing but good things about it.. My only dilemma is, I don't want to leave it standard. I would like a tightbore, a silencer for extra barrel length and a hop up bucking, however I cant for the life of me find viable parts that work for these.. can anyone give in detail and if possible URL the parts that will allow me to turn this gun into a beast or a site that provides things for airsoft sniper rifles? thank you very much

why get asr when you can get something much much better? you should have picked up a UTG/WEll l96 or a socom gear r700.
go on x-fire.org, they are PDI's official distributor and you should find soemthing in there

--------------------

-RS SVD -ARES AW338 -ARES SR-25 -CM M4 -CA P90 -KJW Double Barrel

-G&P PTS MOE

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 14 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Resident Sniper

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30,973

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (66.7%)
Add Feedback for Tux

UTG/ WELL 96 as well as the SOCOM gear R700 are all ACM guns, just like the ASR. There really isn't much of a quality or compatibility difference between these guns and the ASR. The main difference is just going to be the aesthetic looks and by the sound of it, he likes the ASR.

Go ahead and go through with the ASR if you want MichaelC. You can pretty much upgrade it using the same internals as a Type96.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheJawn
post Nov 14 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 56,500

Add Feedback for TheJawn

QUOTE (sniperx2s @ Nov 14 2010, 11:57 AM) *
why get asr when you can get something much much better? you should have picked up a UTG/WEll l96 or a socom gear r700.
go on x-fire.org, they are PDI's official distributor and you should find soemthing in there

...what made you decide the ASR was not as good as those other 2 guns?

OP: like tux said, the ASR is compatible with some 96 parts. it can definitely take a tb barrel made for the 96

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 15 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Agreed, ive heard I can make a nice little sniper rifle out of this gun, and I like the looks of it, very pleasing to my eyes. I would like to know what kind of after market parts I could throw in the piston would be recommended though because I feel like the 30 dollar upgrade kit they offer is just a cheap little toy.. I mean how much quality can you possibly get paying 30 dollars for a spring guide spring and piston right? anybody know some good parts for this gun? and what kind of TBB youd recommend

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 16 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 51,097

Add Feedback for Ronin055

I have the ASR, and yes its a beast. 240ft shots no problems. Well now that the upgrades are complete.

I Have the following parts.

silencer adapter

Supressor

6.03 barrel

PDI Chamber

Airsoft cheap version of CTR stock

Kill Flash

scope

Upgrade Kit

and a firefly bucking.

Currently its shooting about 540fps with .20. Im useing .30 Madbull and Im on human sized targets about 6/10 at 250ft.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 17 2010, 05:21 AM

--------------------
Correct definitions are important.
US Servicemen have an M4/M16 = Weapon
Paintballers have a Tippmann A5 = Marker
Airsofters have maybe a JG M4 = Gun.
We need to clairify, Airsoft "guns" are not weapons, they do not kill. They are not markers, as they do not mark. They are "guns" though.
A Rifle, has lands and grooves in the barrel that facilitate a rotation of the projectile, that are collectively known as Rifleing.

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 16 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

Have you tried aftermarket grips?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 16 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #8

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 57,814

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 85 (100%)
Add Feedback for AKAKman

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Nov 16 2010, 02:57 PM) *
I have the ASR, and yes its a beast. 240ft shots no problems. Well now that the upgrades are complete.

silencer adapter

Supressor

6.03 barrel

PDI Chamber

Kill Flash

scope

and a firefly bucking.

Currently its shooting about 540fps with .20. Im useing .30 Madbull and Im on human sized targets about 6/10 at 250ft.

I lol'd. The only way your going to be getting that kind of power is with an upgraded spring or spring guide. One other thing to take into account thats a huge negative for the ASR. The trigger box is made of plastic and it will break with high fps springs. There are NO upgrade trigger boxes availible for the ASR. The ASR is just a bit different than the Type96 in the way of the trigger box. Read this for more info about the trigger box and trigger...if you had the Type96, then you could get a zero trigger for it. The only option you have would be to have a machinist machine a trigger,trigger, and sears out of a strong aluminum or steel. The firefly buckings are good but they have been known to have a lot of quality control issues so its a so/so situation.....personally I would suggest you get a Prometheus 500mm 6.03, a PDI or HP brass hop-up, a bucking, a STS, 0.3g bbs, a Laylax piston and spring, a polar star springuide, and Laylax barrel spacers. This is going to cost you a lot...were talking $300+ for everything if you want this gun to be the beast it can be. A Laylax cylinder head would be good to for good compression. This is why I had to scap my UTG MK96 due to all the money it would take to get it shooting well. If you like sniping then you'll love the gun. If you don't...well then don't upgrade the gun.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 16 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

I don't really think Id use a grip for a sniper rifle, no IMO anyway, Also, do you REQUIRE a PDI hop up chamber to upgrade the bucking and barrel? because I don't really want to spend another 65 bucks on something unnecesary

+Quote Post
anonimouse9
post Nov 16 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #10

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 56,107
SOA Name: anonimouse9

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for anonimouse9

QUOTE (MichaelC @ Nov 16 2010, 02:17 PM) *
I don't really think Id use a grip for a sniper rifle, no IMO anyway, Also, do you REQUIRE a PDI hop up chamber to upgrade the bucking and barrel? because I don't really want to spend another 65 bucks on something unnecesary

It's recommended.

BTW - no one should complain about prices to upgrade.
You can't build a decent sniper rifle from any base without investing a good deal of dough.
As for the ASR, I've only purchased the Echo-1 upgrade, and PDI hopup, and aeg TBB. And love it.
If only my field was more tailored to using a sniper rifle.

--------------------

Selling my MASADA --> SOA - MASADA

+Quote Post
shadowsnipe00
post Nov 16 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #11

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 34,740

Add Feedback for shadowsnipe00

QUOTE (MichaelC @ Nov 16 2010, 02:17 PM) *

The PDI hopup is the best thing you can buy for 65 dollars for your gun next to the bucking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 16 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #12

ASF Citizen

thats the only upgrade I forgot to list. Dang it.

Yes I have the upgrade kit from Echo1.

Ive put about 3000 rounds on the trigger and there are no problems yet.

THe stock hop up did shatter after about the first 1000 rounds though, and thus I had to go to the PDI.

So you can LoL all you want. but this is what I have, and its what I shoot.

Also, as to the PDI, ya Id get that. It offers so much better air seal and controll you wont believe it. But get the 96 not the APS2. I got the APS2 and had to modify it alot. Get the 96 and its a drop in part.

Also if you want to run AEG cut barrels you need a diff Hop Up chamber. I upgraded the gun, and the barrel, then my hop up fragged, there is no replacement for the stock part, so I got a PDI and had to re-purchase my barrel.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 16 2010, 02:56 PM

--------------------
We need to clairify, Airsoft "guns" are not weapons, they do not kill. They are not markers, as they do not mark. They are "guns" though.
A Rifle, has lands and grooves in the barrel that facilitate a rotation of the projectile, that are collectively known as Rifleing.

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 16 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #13

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

If you don't feel like spending $70 on a PDI hop-up chamber you can consider the HP enhanced brass hop-up which I tried and liked...in fact if you want I could sell it to you for $20....and YES you do need a new hop-up chamber to put in a regular bucking and barrel. The HP hop-up is a much better version of the stock hop-up with o-rings and a little better designed. It can accept a regular bucking and TBB. The PDI has also been known to be finicky at times so don't be dissappointed if it takes some time to zero it in or break it in.

<AT>Ronnin055: I knew you had forgotten to add something....still 250 feet seems a bit exaggerated for those upgrades although if you have good compression then it might be possible....also you will probably need to replace the cylinder if you drop in a higher fps spring due to extreme pressure and such.

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 16 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #14

ASF Citizen

I use a combination of GPS and Google earth to get my ranges. My friend walked out 230 ft with the GPS, and I was another 15 ft back in a hide from where we set the GPS and I was able to hit him consistantly. Then we went inside and google earthed the distance for confirmation. So Im pretty secure in my range estimate. Still my goal was a 200 ft gun. Ive got that. And my extream range is further yet, so all in all Im happy.

The ASR is a nice little package for the price. And if your looking for an inexpensive fun shooter, this is it.

And where as some people get into their Bar10 for as much as 1300$, for about 250 - 300 bucks, you can have alot of casual fun with the ASR. I know I am.

OH and one other cool thing about the ASR, it kinda looks like the gun Rob Furlong uses. And thats just cool right there !

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 16 2010, 03:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
woogie_man
post Nov 16 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 40,724

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 5 (85.7%)
Add Feedback for woogie_man

Why are people such douche bags...... ?

If he says he has done it, and has provided his upgrade list, and gave his measurement methods then what is there to discuss? I can get a stock rifle to shoot that far, with a bit of TLC.

So no need to come on and bash a guy just because you don't think it can be done. There are alot of people that have alot of differnet backgrounds and abilities. I was told that I couldn't get certian parts to fit on my Ca M24... well know what, I did get them to work, and the rifle worked great.

Anyway we can get a pic of your rifle Ronin? Have thought about this rifle as a fun little gun.

+Quote Post
TheJawn
post Nov 16 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #16

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for TheJawn

I just looked up the ASR on... ASR

it can't take aeg grips or RS grips without an adaptor... weird

+Quote Post
sniperx2s
post Nov 16 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #17

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 54,762

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 6 (100%)
Add Feedback for sniperx2s

QUOTE (Tux @ Nov 14 2010, 02:41 PM) *
UTG/ WELL 96 as well as the SOCOM gear R700 are all ACM guns, just like the ASR. There really isn't much of a quality or compatibility difference between these guns and the ASR. The main difference is just going to be the aesthetic looks and by the sound of it, he likes the ASR.

Go ahead and go through with the ASR if you want MichaelC. You can pretty much upgrade it using the same internals as a Type96.

I read something a while ago about this guy who had a lot of problems with upgrading the hop up unit. he had to dremel off something cant really remember. so that let me to the conclusion that there isnt a lot of aftermarket support. but im wrong... XD

--------------------

-RS SVD -ARES AW338 -ARES SR-25 -CM M4 -CA P90 -KJW Double Barrel

-G&P PTS MOE

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 16 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #18

ASF Citizen

That was me who dremeled off part of an APS2 PDI hop-up. Hense I reccomended the L96 PDI hop-up.

So yes your wrong:).

People like myself who own the gun and have been modding the gun, actually are figuring out what is what and how to go about getting the right parts and the best results. This gun is less than 6mo old on the market. So yes there is a learning curve. And no, not all the modders of other styles of guns will know what to do with it. So there is a little unknown factor to it.

All in all it's up to you. Personally, I'm happy with my ASR and what it can do for the $.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 17 2010, 01:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
S n a k e
post Nov 16 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #19

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 43,603

Add Feedback for S n a k e

mind posting a pic of it bro? IMO, it would look more menacing with a new butt stock, sniper grip and a larger-than-life mock suppresor.

--------------------

"Only those who can See the Invisible can do the Impossible..."

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 17 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #20

ASF Citizen

I did post pics of it when I first got it, in the show off your sniper rifle pages. But, here are some impromptu pics shot in the wilds of the living room just now.

Oh, and I tapped the for grip and attached a swivel point and a sling. I forgot that in my upgrade list as well. ;)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  016s.jpg ( 45.6K ) Number of downloads: 30
Attached File  010s.jpg ( 40.91K ) Number of downloads: 47
Attached File  007s.jpg ( 50.48K ) Number of downloads: 35

--------------------

+Quote Post
S n a k e
post Nov 17 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #21

ASF Citizen

nice looking gun. im a fan of desert paintjobs myself (eventhough we always play in the woods). do you have any plans of replacing the bipod with a harris-type?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bomb has been pl...
post Nov 17 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #22

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 60,821

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for Bomb has been planted

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Nov 16 2010, 01:57 PM) *

silencer adapter

Supressor

6.03 barrel

PDI Chamber

Kill Flash

scope

and a firefly bucking.

looking at your upgrades list it's all externals which add nothing to performance except the bucking, barrel, and hop up chamber. You're also using madbull bbs which are full of air pockets. Yeah, sorry the bs-ometer is reading 8/10. You're probably way underestimating how far 250 ft is with anything. Get a 25ft tape measure for $10 from a hardware store, measure out 10 lengths and see if you can get 1/10 to hit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 17 2010, 05:29 AM
Post #23

ASF Citizen

Ok, I said in an earlier post, if you read the whole thing, that I forgot to put in the upgrade kit on my list. Sorry, but I posted while I was at work, and was looking up all the other stuff and thats one thing I neglected to post. However I did mention it several times as the reason I had to replace my hop up.

Sorry.

#2, dude, Im 40. Ive got tons of things better to do with my life than post lies on the internet.

#3, I use a GPS, and Google earth to come up with a fair estimate of my range. Not to the inch no. Not absolutly perfect, no, but fair enough. My dead on accuracy is at 200, and my 6 out of 10 is at about 240 - 250. Thats my fair estimate.

My gun, according to my chrono is shooting about 540 with .20.

I own a chrono, I own a nice GPS. I didnt make this up, these are the readings im getting.

Additionally like I said earlier, I was after a gun that would 6-8 out of 10 at 200 ft. Thats all. Not a big deal. Look up my thread about hitting the 200 ft target and cost. First I started off asking people about cost and feasability, back in like may or june. Ive been working on this gun since june. I just finally finished it in september I think.

Sorry you don't think I can do this, but its been done. Its for real man.

Im not shooting down the moon, just 250 ft.

And mad bull bbs. Ya, theyve been pretty good to me. SO what ever man, what ever.

OH and so I don't have to keep telling every doofus who comes late to the party and DOES NOT read the whole thread, I went back and edited my parts list to include my upgrade kit. But feel free to search out my other posts from months ago, and you can see that I mentioned the upgrade kit back then, Im not lieing. ANd check me on the Echo one thread for the upgrade. I did it all just like the guy did on there, including drilling the piston and makeing it lighter. And I posted about it WAY back then. My name on all the forums Im on is the same. Here, ASR, airsoft Sniper forum, Echo1, Airsoft society. All Ronin055. SO feel free to check me out. But I was talking about the upgrade kit in June when I got it. ANd by August, I had shattered my hop up chamber. Well the adjustment arm anyway.

Sorry kid, Im the real deal and I can back it up.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 17 2010, 01:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
S n a k e
post Nov 17 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #24

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Nov 17 2010, 04:31 PM) *
looking at your upgrades list it's all externals which add nothing to performance except the bucking, barrel, and hop up chamber. You're also using madbull bbs which are full of air pockets. Yeah, sorry the bs-ometer is reading 8/10. You're probably way underestimating how far 250 ft is with anything. Get a 25ft tape measure for $10 from a hardware store, measure out 10 lengths and see if you can get 1/10 to hit.

if you have enough moolah on your bank account to go here, I would love to show you how a Bar10 with just a TBB and DIY mods can reach out to 250ft using MADBULL BBs. it has an MER of around 180ft (torso capable).

This post has been edited by S n a k e: Nov 17 2010, 03:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 17 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #25

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

QUOTE (TheJawn @ Nov 16 2010, 08:41 PM) *
I just looked up the ASR on... ASR

it can't take aeg grips or RS grips without an adaptor... weird

Anywhere in amaerica where I can find this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 17 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #26

ASF Citizen

I appreciate the suggestions everyoen thanks. I think im sold im gonna buy this Gun. I don't mind too much about power as I do range and accuracy.. if I can get that im good. does anyone know where I can find a PDI hop up chamber for a decent price? also where I could find a fire fly bucking and a recommended barrel for this gun? also what do you think would be the highest spring type I could use without messing up the trigger sears or spring guide or such? Also Im quite curious because I plan on doing some DYI mods to this gun also, what does swiss cheesing the piston do?

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 17 2010, 07:49 AM
Post #27

ASF Citizen

I posted links to all the parts including the spring. The spring is part of an upgrade kit that costs $35 in most places and comes from echo1 designed for this gun. And like I said, I've put alot of round through this gun after the upgrade kit, and as yet, I have had no problems with the trigger assembly.

As to where to get the PDI, I don't know right now. I got mine off of red wolf and at the time it was only $45. Now they show up as $65. Just look around the net, and find the pdi L96 chamber. I got the APS2 and I had to mod it alot to make it work.

Anyway, good luck. You should have fun with it.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 17 2010, 02:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheJawn
post Nov 17 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #28

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for TheJawn

QUOTE (Tux @ Nov 17 2010, 07:40 AM) *
Anywhere in amaerica where I can find this?

the part itself is called 'freedom arts aeg adaptor' for the aps sr-2, which after a quick search doesn't seem to be sold in the U.S.

the review on ASR also says that you can mod it yourself to so that it accepts real grips.

now that I think about it, a magpul'd ASR would be pretty neat

This post has been edited by TheJawn: Nov 17 2010, 01:54 PM

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 17 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #29

ASF Citizen

Ya, so I saw this gun in person today at my local airsoft shop and I thought WOW this thing is rediculously small and skinny.. its basically like ur holding a tube.. I like sniper rifles to look big and powerful, this just looks like a glorified pistol. I was somewhat attracted to it though. I wanna see what I can do to it to make it look powerful

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 17 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #30

ASF Citizen

Ya I like it. It has the internals of a L96 without all the heavy weight and nonsense. Its just the preformance and none of the extra.

With the supressor on it, and the CTR stock, it feels pretty good to me. I only put a light weight sling on it, and that carries it just fine.

Its an inexpensive gun. Its not a high dollar Japanese gun that you have 1500$ in available mods for. Its just kinda a fun light weight gun. But it can do some work if you put a little bit of effort into it.

Barrel 35$
Hop-up 65$
and upgrade kit 35$

Total 135$ in upgrades for performance to get to 540ish FPS. Not bad really.

Then a scope of your chooseing. Mine only cost about 25$ and its worth twice that ammount.

Really its up to you. If you like the look, like the potential end result, and don't mind having to pioneer some mods yourself, then your good to go. Remember the end project isnt going to be some EDGI Pimped Really Cool-gun. Its going to be a 200-250 ft hitter. 300 - 400 ft super gun it aint.

If you can be happy with all of that, then this gun is for you.

If not, thats cool too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
woogie_man
post Nov 18 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #31

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 40,724

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 5 (85.7%)
Add Feedback for woogie_man

I may have to get one of these for my no MED rifle ;)

Keep the FPS right around the 350-400 fps range and be good to go..

So the plastic trigger can hold up then ...... May have to get some aluminum and make a custom trigger for the rife.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 18 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #32

ASF Citizen

I appreciate the help guys thanks.. last question, anyone know any good stocks to put on the echo 1 ASR besides the one it has?

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 18 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #33

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

A G&P VLTOR stock with a rubber buttpad?..comfy and cool looking...lol

+Quote Post
anonimouse9
post Nov 18 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #34

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Nov 16 2010, 10:31 PM) *
That was me who dremeled off part of an APS2 PDI hop-up. Hense I reccomended the L96 PDI hop-up.

I can confirm that the L96 version of the PDI hop-up installs easily and the only mod I had to do was shave off part of a screw (shorten it) by a few mm so the screw didn't interfere with the plastic stock during reassembly. Aside from that, the hop-up cured my accuracy woes (which probably stemmed from the fact that my OEM hop-up also shattered).

Now my only issue is compression. I went from 520 FPS pre-PDI to 400 or so.
But I have not tweaked compression (via teflon tape, etc...) after installing the PDI hop-up as I wanted to make sure it all fit and worked before I tape and seal up things too much.

The cool thing is, I wore in my bucking in my AEG and then moved it to the ASR. (Figuring it's a lot easier to run 200-400 shots through an AEG than a bolt-action rifle, in order to wear in the bucking).

--------------------

+Quote Post
anonimouse9
post Nov 18 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #35

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Nov 17 2010, 01:53 AM) *
I did post pics of it when I first got it, in the show off your sniper rifle pages. But, here are some impromptu pics shot in the wilds of the living room just now.

Oh, and I tapped the for grip and attached a swivel point and a sling. I forgot that in my upgrade list as well. ;)

NICE PICS!!! Looks awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 18 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #36

ASF Citizen

HEy thanks for the compliment anonimouse9, you and I have been pioneering this stuff since June and I really appriceate your feedback on my gun. Your the reason I got mine to begin with.

As to the stock, you can put just about any LE style stock you want on it. Or I would imagine (although I havent tried) you could change the stock out to a standard M16 style or some other varient. This could be an area for you to work at.

I got the gun because of the stock and then I put the CTR on it and I really like the magpul look on this gun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 22 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #37

ASF Citizen

thank you all for the verifications I was searching for.. now I know I can get this gun with no problems.. let me know what you do about your compression issues because I want this gun shooting in the mid 550's!

as I mentioned earlier I plan on buying these from evike.com to go along with the chamber itself

PolarStar Airsoft Bull Barrel Spacer Set for EdGI Inner Bull Barrel (APS Type 96)
PolarStar Concave Spacer (PCS) Officially Licensed SCS High Performance Airsoft Hopup Spacer
EdGI 6.01mm Precision Tight Bore Inner Bull Barrel for Mk96 / Type96 Airsoft Sniper Rifle (499 mm / PDI Hopup)
Systema Hop Up Bucking / Hop Packing for Airsoft AEG

let me know what you do to your chamber to help the compression issues so I can base mine in the image of both yours.. liek I said im not looking for a beast, but something of an animal nature :)

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 22 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #38

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

QUOTE (MichaelC @ Nov 22 2010, 02:01 PM) *
thank you all for the verifications I was searching for.. now I know I can get this gun with no problems.. let me know what you do about your compression issues because I want this gun shooting in the mid 550's!

as I mentioned earlier I plan on buying these from evike.com to go along with the chamber itself

PolarStar Airsoft Bull Barrel Spacer Set for EdGI Inner Bull Barrel (APS Type 96)
PolarStar Concave Spacer (PCS) Officially Licensed SCS High Performance Airsoft Hopup Spacer
EdGI 6.01mm Precision Tight Bore Inner Bull Barrel for Mk96 / Type96 Airsoft Sniper Rifle (499 mm / PDI Hopup)
Systema Hop Up Bucking / Hop Packing for Airsoft AEG

let me know what you do to your chamber to help the compression issues so I can base mine in the image of both yours.. liek I said im not looking for a beast, but something of an animal nature :)

lol...you won't be getting 550 anytime soon with those mods...heck they'll increase your range, fps, and accuracy a lot but no where near 550 unless you buy a much more powerful spring which then means you'll have problems with the trigger box and such. Compression mods will help but not enough. I would say that you should expect about 515 fps at most. Ronin maybe you could help with that....maybe a bit more or less.

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 22 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #39

ASF Citizen

LIke I said. With the upgrade kit, the Madbull barrel and the PDI chamber, Im hitting about 540fps. I think the hightest I hit was like 545.

But there are other people out there, a guy over on the Airsoft sniper forum, and another here who both say they are hitting harder than I am. so, eh who knows. I have an old red chrono that I used for paintball. I know that over a particular speed it quits reading correctly. So I shoot heavy weights through it and then use an Iphone app to figure the speed accross the board.

Again, at least a couple of thousand rounds through my gun, and I have yet to detect a problem with my trigger assembly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 22 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #40

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

a couple thousand rounds does not really determine how strong it is..you wait...at about 5,000-15,00 rounds the trigger box will crack and then'll you'll have a major problem.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 01:38 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3