Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ECHO 1 ASR
Ronin055
post Nov 22 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #41

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 51,097

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Ronin055

QUOTE (AKAKman @ Nov 22 2010, 03:27 PM) *
a couple thousand rounds does not really determine how strong it is..you wait...at about 5,000-15,00 rounds the trigger box will crack and then'll you'll have a major problem.

And you know this because youve put 5k rounds through your ASR?

Or rather what sniper rifle do you have that youve put that many rounds through?

Im not trying to be a jerk here, but according to your profile, your a 14yr old who just got into airsoft and is a self made tech. So sorry if I don't belive in you, but I don't think you know as much as you think you do. I think your just posting back up what youve read without having done it.

And Im not saying mine wont fall apart. But then again there is sure to be a replacement at some point. Or Ill buy one from Echo1. But ya know, rather than being negative Ill just enjoy what Im doing, and cross that bridge when I get to it.

Ya, there is alot to be learned about the ASR and how its going to preform long term. But thats ok with me.

--------------------
Correct definitions are important.
US Servicemen have an M4/M16 = Weapon
Paintballers have a Tippmann A5 = Marker
Airsofters have maybe a JG M4 = Gun.
We need to clairify, Airsoft "guns" are not weapons, they do not kill. They are not markers, as they do not mark. They are "guns" though.
A Rifle, has lands and grooves in the barrel that facilitate a rotation of the projectile, that are collectively known as Rifleing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 22 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #42

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 57,814

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 85 (100%)
Add Feedback for AKAKman

crap...gotta change my profile paragraph...I am what you could call a self-made tech with lots of experience with AKs and my UTG L96...my sniper rifle had less than 1000 rounds and the trigger box cracked. It was cheap plastic like the one on yours. I ended up scrapping that rifle due to how much money it would cost to get it going. The ASR is essentially the same thing as the L96 according to all the research I've done on the web except for the trigger box. I'm assuming that all the "metal" parts on the gun are pot metal like on mine (although the outer barrel was pretty nice). I spent hours and hours of work on mine and I still to this day regret buying that gun. Now I'm working on my Top Tech M4 turning it into a DMR. Heck, I could diassemble any gun...ask my parents and my freinds...its extremely easy if you take it slow and easy...I've also done custom painting. spent hours researching how to paint aluminum, and done a good duracoating job on my KJW M1911. Now if you can honestly say that I don't know much then you got a problem. Obviously I'm not trying to post in the sniper rifle section without any experience...lol..and I'm not a jerk. I did not "just" get into airsoft...its been almost 2 years since I started and I haven't regretted it. I would love to see the ASR trigger box to prove my point but if you think that a cheap plastic trigger box can stand up to almost 540 fps to more than 5,000 shots than your wrong. If mine couldn't stand up to 1000 then I doubt yours will last too long either. I betcha though you could mod a zero trigger on a ASR and get it working fine but thats a lot of dough.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 22 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #43

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 60,704

Add Feedback for MichaelC

well it doesnt seem so unachieveable because I bought a WELL MB07 rifle as a project rifle before this one, and all I bought for it was the upgrade kit for it and I did alot of mods such as teflon mods, barrel spacers, I even vortexed the piston head, and I chronoed it shooting 530's with .2s believe it or not.. I plan on doing mods to this gun too

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 22 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #44

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

alright alright..I'll agree you can get 540 fps and above but sooner or later expect to shell out a lot for a zero trigger.

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 22 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #45

ASF Citizen

Maybe so. But the ASR upgrade kit was made for the gun by Echo1. And its not the same trigger system as the one in the L96. Further you had a UTG. I don't know but maybe that plastic in the trigger was worse off.

The ASR (which you havent touched) is built with metal, and the has the sides made of plastic.

So far its a good gun. I like it. Maybe the trigger will go out. And maybe not. Time will tell. But like I said. The replacement parts are probably pretty cheap, and maybe someone will make a replacement before then. Eh who knows. But its not a bigger problem than you would have with any other rifle. and the whole my rifle didnt last a thousand rounds logic doesnt work. Because your saying just because your rifle has lasted twice as long as mine already means it wont make it to 5k. Um, how does that logic work? Ya know what, never mind, I don't care.

Again, so far, so good, and Im happy with this gun.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: Nov 22 2010, 09:46 PM

--------------------
We need to clairify, Airsoft "guns" are not weapons, they do not kill. They are not markers, as they do not mark. They are "guns" though.
A Rifle, has lands and grooves in the barrel that facilitate a rotation of the projectile, that are collectively known as Rifleing.

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 22 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #46

Resident Sniper

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30,973

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (66.7%)
Add Feedback for Tux

Speaking of triggers, has anyone thought of trying out the APS unit on the ASR?
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/58209.htm

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 23 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #47

ASF Citizen

Here is a takedown guide on the Echo1 site.

You can see that the trigger assembly is a little bit different. Otherwise, heck ya, Id be after something different, if it was smoother. But as is, Ill wait for mine to break before I look into a replacement.

Plus, seeing as Im only useing the upgrade kit thats approved by Echo1, I think it will last a good long while. I didnt put some like 170 spring in there and over tax everything beyond hope and reason.

But eh, everything wears out and when this does, Ill look around and see what I can do. #1 will probably just be to buy a replacement from Echo1. then once shes functional, Ill see what else the market has yeilded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 23 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #48

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Nov 23 2010, 12:50 AM) *
Here is a takedown guide on the Echo1 site.

You can see that the trigger assembly is a little bit different. Otherwise, heck ya, Id be after something different, if it was smoother. But as is, Ill wait for mine to break before I look into a replacement.

Plus, seeing as Im only useing the upgrade kit thats approved by Echo1, I think it will last a good long while. I didnt put some like 170 spring in there and over tax everything beyond hope and reason.

But eh, everything wears out and when this does, Ill look around and see what I can do. #1 will probably just be to buy a replacement from Echo1. then once shes functional, Ill see what else the market has yeilded.

again ronin makes a good point :), if the upgrade kit was designed for this gun then im sure it will last a wile, and my buddys a machinist so worse comes to worse ill ask him to make trigger sears out of steel or aircraft aluminum to hold a better spring..

speaking of which ive found upgrade parts for the type 96, such as this
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32296
are they compatible with the gun too? I would eventually like to find a stronger spring though..

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 23 2010, 04:11 AM
Post #49

ASF Citizen

actually that is a good question.. what exactly do the "trigger sears" of this gun look like.. I viewed the picture of the takedown on Echo 1s site that you posted however im not sure what "trigger sears" are.. cuz like I said, I can get a buddy to machine me pieces from aluminum or steel he does fantastic work.. and what do you think would be a better material for this kind of equipment? steel or aluminum, I know steel can resist alot more but aluminum is smoother.. reason I ask is cuz I own the ARES g36c blowback gun too and I upgraded the motor in the gun, and the piece that connects the dustcover to the piston that would cause the blowback go ripped in half from the power of the motor, believe it or not lol it was made of censored2.gif pot metal, so my buddy made me an EXACT replica of the piece from aircraft aluminum at his shop and the things worked beautifully ever since... and this thing looked complicated to make, so I don't see why trigger sears, if they are what I think they are, would be too difficult to make

not only that, but the way I see it is, if I buy all these units, high tech edgi barrel, PDI type 96 chamber, etc and the gun does :pain: out on me, I can always take all the good parts out, buy a type 96 based gun like one from UTG, and just plant em in there.. I will lose 140 bucks between the gun and upgrade kit, but :pain: happens rite? my biggest concern is the compression issue as mentioned above.. how does putting in a high tech chamber like that drop fps from 545 to low 400's.. thats a HUGE drop.. please let me know what you do to solve the problem, and again the type 96 mite fit in there, however the only thing that seems hasnt been tried is the PDI hop chamber for the SR-2.. is it possible that the SR-2 hop chamber is the one designed perfectly for this gun?? because if you think about it, the ASR looks exactly similar to the Maruzen SR-2 in body form and im not sure if the body form would have an issue with compression or not.

so far:

APSII chamber = Heavy mod (not recommended)
Type 96 chamber = fits but lowers compression greatly
SR-2 hop chamber = untested..

I wish the echo 1 techs would get back to me already! lol

This post has been edited by MichaelC: Nov 23 2010, 05:21 AM

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 23 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #50

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

Hmm....aircraft-grade aluminum is pretty strong stuff....so is steel. Umm, people who have had their trigger boxes reproduced by machinists usually have it made in steel. Imo I would just stick with steel but its really personal prefrence...."so-called" aluminum and metal bodies produced by airsoft manufacturers are pot metal which is the cheapest,most brittle, and crappy metal that was ever thought up by some chinese people. Aluminum is lighter than steel so that may be a plus but with the sears its not going to make that much of a difference...although aluminum is a softer metal than steel.

<AT>Ronin055: Look, just because a upgrade kit was "approved" by E1 does NOT mean that it WON"T damage your gun. You said that the gun is composed of plastic and metal....I laughed...you mean the shiny, brittle plastic thats made in some chinese factory?...or what about the pot metal? The only thing that makes the upgrade kit different from the stock parts is thats its made of some sort of aluminum or pot metal and it has these spacers on the springguide that reduce a little stress on the trigger box. Seeing as you have probably never stripped down a L96 variant all the way down to the last screw in the body, then you don't know how bad the quality really is. I NEVER said that my gun lasted longer than yours which means yours is going to malfunction sooner...you must have not been reading what I said or just invented that up. My gun had fewer than 1000 rounds through it and the trigger box failed. Yours has had a little more use and I'm saying that the trigger box will fail soon. Y'all know know that E1 is just a rebrand of JG right?...its been proven but if you think that E1 is a GREAT manufacturer than you're mistaken...made in china just like all the others but they have good customer service. Also the trigger itself is made of pot metal and there are NO replacement parts availible for the ASR as there are for the UTG L96..IMO both guns have their problems and I have to say I never wanna pick up one of those crappy guns again. The L96 body looks good on the outside...securely fastened to the internals but once you open it up and see why its so heavy (pot metal weights)...and how crappy the plastic is then you'll agree. With TLC and lots of upgrades the ASR or L96 can be a fantastic weapon but its going to cost huge amounts (hundreds) to get it shooting as well as a Maruzen or a Tanaka. Maybe Ronin you don't get it,,the internals on the ASR are the EXACT SAME AS the UTG L96 save for the trigger box which from the pictures I have seen is made of the SAME plastic and the SAME pot metal as the UTG L96 in a different configuration...btw Ronin, have you ever opened up your trigger box?..I have. I tested the strenght of the sears and I'll tell you it wasn't pretty. So you can argue all you want about the gun's great characteristics but take the REAL FACTS! there are NO replacement parts availible, the trigger had been known to crack with the E1 upgrade kit installed, and the gun itself is shooting terribly out of the box. Read that last sentence again please, then you'll understand. I've done hours of research on the web and I've told you what I've learned searching ASF and ASR. So if you want to ignore the real facts go ahead...you can make your gun sound so special but I'm telling the truth when I say that the E1 ASR is not as good as its made out to be. a-wink.gif

This post has been edited by AKAKman: Nov 23 2010, 11:13 AM

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 23 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #51

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

I've never put too much stress on my ASR or Type 96 when they had stock parts but there are some interesting details here in this topic:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Stock-MK...es-t172200.html

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 23 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #52

ASF Citizen

I think thats the case with most guns now a days.. theyre not made with quality, theyre cheap knockoffs. thats whyh I was also looking at the MK96 which looks nice, however the ASR is still catching my attention with its small body, and like I sed I can switch out the parts if I get the MK96 later on.. if I can reproduce the sears in the trigger box then all should be well.. remember im not looking for a gun made by jesus christ, just something that performances halfway decent.. no need to argue

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 23 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #53

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

lol...Ronin just doesn't understand some stuff...I agree Michael..reproduce the trigger box and sears, add a TBB, upgrade kit, new hop-up ( I'm actually selling a better stock one for $18), and bucking and nub and you'll have yourself a decent sniper rifle shooting upwards of 200 feet. a-wink.gif

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 23 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #54

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (AKAKman @ Nov 23 2010, 11:56 AM) *
lol...Ronin just doesn't understand some stuff...I agree Michael..reproduce the trigger box and sears, add a TBB, upgrade kit, new hop-up ( I'm actually selling a better stock one for $18), and bucking and nub and you'll have yourself a decent sniper rifle shooting upwards of 200 feet. a-wink.gif

since you both have said youve done some work on sniper rifles.. watr ur opinions on the MK96? I figure its also a type 96 variant so worse comes to worse I can take the upgrades from the ECHO 1 ASR and pop em in the MK96 if the echo 1 asr :pain: out on me..

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 23 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #55

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

Hmm...the Mk96 has weights in the ok plastic stock...cylinder is nice...metal parts are actually decent...trigger box of course is crap...outer barrel gets an A+ for the paint job.

Things to replace Immediately:

Hop-Up with either a PDI or HP enhanced one which I'm selling

Barrel- Madbull 6.03 or Prometheus 6.03

Internals- Upgrade Kit or Laylax and Polar Star Parts

Barrel Spacers-Laylax or Polar Star ones

Trigger Box-Machine out of steel or shell out for a Zero Trigger

Basically with those upgrades andt teflon mods you can get the gun shooting up to 210+ feet at close to 520 fps or more depending. I would say have your freind machine the trigger box and Internals out of steel and then get some barrel spacers, a new hop-up, barrel, bucking and nub and you'll be good...If I had had a machinist to reproduce the trigger box and cylinder then I probably would not have scrapped the gun.

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 23 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #56

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

QUOTE (AKAKman @ Nov 23 2010, 12:47 PM) *
Hmm...the Mk96 has weights in the ok plastic stock...cylinder is nice...metal parts are actually decent...trigger box of course is crap...outer barrel gets an A+ for the paint job.

Things to replace Immediately:

Hop-Up with either a PDI or HP enhanced one which I'm selling

Barrel- Madbull 6.03 or Prometheus 6.03

Internals- Upgrade Kit or Laylax and Polar Star Parts

Barrel Spacers-Laylax or Polar Star ones

Trigger Box-Machine out of steel or shell out for a Zero Trigger

Basically with those upgrades andt teflon mods you can get the gun shooting up to 210+ feet at close to 520 fps or more depending. I would say have your freind machine the trigger box and Internals out of steel and then get some barrel spacers, a new hop-up, barrel, bucking and nub and you'll be good...If I had had a machinist to reproduce the trigger box and cylinder then I probably would not have scrapped the gun.

Just to be fair, that's the general consensus for upgrading ANY ACM gun. The Type 96 actually out performs all other ACM guns I have tried in their stock forms.

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 23 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #57

ASF Citizen

Hey Little kid, why are you attacking me? you need to chill out.

I never said the Echo1 is a "great" gun in any context other than it is what it is.

I never said the Echo1 isnt a rebrand of some sort.

But I sure wish I was a 14yr old who knew it all even if I hadnt seen it, shot it or otherwise been involved.

What I said was, your gun lasted half as long as mine has already. Yours made it less than 1000 rounds, mine has gone beyond 2000. Yet you keep telling me that mine is going to break because yours did. Ok fine. But it hasnt yet. And I have said, and said again, we will see. And I don't care. Ill just buy a new trigger set from Echo1 when it breaks. Again, I don't care. Its not expensive.

This topic is about the Echo1 ASR that the OP is interested in. You don't own one, you done like them, so bugger off and quit thread crapping and trying to pick a fight.

I get it. You know it all. Youve read it all someplace and you know more than I will ever know. I conceed you wisdom and worldly knowlage.

But if you don't like the echo1 ASR, and you don't have anything constructive to add, then go away. Those of us who have them, are trying to let the OP know what is what and what to expect. Meanwhile you want to muddy the waters by talking about how everything is going to break and he should get the gun you have.

In short, dude, Im done talking to you. Ive got info based on personal experience with the ASR. So if the OP wants more info, Ill post up. But if you want to pointlessly fight with me, be disrespectful and carry on like a child, I don't have time for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anonimouse9
post Nov 23 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #58

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 56,107
SOA Name: anonimouse9

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for anonimouse9

QUOTE (AKAKman @ Nov 22 2010, 06:06 PM) *
crap...gotta change my profile paragraph...I am what you could call a self-made tech with lots of experience with AKs and my UTG L96...my sniper rifle had less than 1000 rounds and the trigger box cracked. It was cheap plastic like the one on yours. I ended up scrapping that rifle due to how much money it would cost to get it going. The ASR is essentially the same thing as the L96 according to all the research I've done on the web except for the trigger box. I'm assuming that all the "metal" parts on the gun are pot metal like on mine (although the outer barrel was pretty nice). I spent hours and hours of work on mine and I still to this day regret buying that gun. Now I'm working on my Top Tech M4 turning it into a DMR. Heck, I could diassemble any gun...ask my parents and my freinds...its extremely easy if you take it slow and easy...I've also done custom painting. spent hours researching how to paint aluminum, and done a good duracoating job on my KJW M1911. Now if you can honestly say that I don't know much then you got a problem. Obviously I'm not trying to post in the sniper rifle section without any experience...lol..and I'm not a jerk. I did not "just" get into airsoft...its been almost 2 years since I started and I haven't regretted it. I would love to see the ASR trigger box to prove my point but if you think that a cheap plastic trigger box can stand up to almost 540 fps to more than 5,000 shots than your wrong. If mine couldn't stand up to 1000 then I doubt yours will last too long either. I betcha though you could mod a zero trigger on a ASR and get it working fine but thats a lot of dough.

Keenan, what a jerk....

1) The trigger box doesn't receive any pressure from the spring. Only the spring sear.
Anybody with ANY mechanical ability can look at the diagram and figure that one out.
As for the sears, every review ANYWHERE states how solid they are. People have put hundreds of rounds without the sear showing any wear at all.

2) For the cost of a ZERO TRIGGER, I can buy a whole new ASR. LOL.

3) The whole point is that the ASR is a performer at very low cost.

By the way, you claim to be an expert, and then actually bother to buy barrel spacers instead of making your own (rubber washers work 100000% better, and cost a fraction of the money).

Now stop thread-crapping, and stop being such an obnoxious CHILD.

This post has been edited by anonimouse9: Nov 23 2010, 02:25 PM

--------------------

Selling my MASADA --> SOA - MASADA

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 23 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #59

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

QUOTE (anonimouse9 @ Nov 23 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Keenan, what a jerk....

1) The trigger box doesn't receive any pressure from the spring. Only the spring sear.
Anybody with ANY mechanical ability can look at the diagram and figure that one out.
As for the sears, every review ANYWHERE states how solid they are. People have put hundreds of rounds without the sear showing any wear at all.

2) For the cost of a ZERO TRIGGER, I can buy a whole new ASR. LOL.

3) The whole point is that the ASR is a performer at very low cost.

By the way, you claim to be an expert, and then actually bother to buy barrel spacers instead of making your own (rubber washers work 100000% better, and cost a fraction of the money).

Now stop thread-crapping, and stop being such an obnoxious CHILD.

Eh, barrel spacers have their place too (as does washers and electrical tape). Personally I like the fact that they are a more durable, permanent solution. I agree though on the sears. The ACM bolt actions in general have had crappy sears over the years. However, the recent type 96 series have shown great potential with their durability and reliability from their sear systems. I believe that the reason why people have seen cracked/broken trigger boxes out of Type 96 guns is due to either improper installation or those one-off sears (lemons?) that happen to fail. I also believe that the lemons were more prevalent on the old models vs. the ones being produced today.

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 23 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #60

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Hey Little kid, why are you attacking me? you need to chill out.

I never said the Echo1 is a "great" gun in any context other than it is what it is.

I never said the Echo1 isnt a rebrand of some sort.

But I sure wish I was a 14yr old who knew it all even if I hadnt seen it, shot it or otherwise been involved.

What I said was, your gun lasted half as long as mine has already. Yours made it less than 1000 rounds, mine has gone beyond 2000. Yet you keep telling me that mine is going to break because yours did. Ok fine. But it hasnt yet. And I have said, and said again, we will see. And I don't care. Ill just buy a new trigger set from Echo1 when it breaks. Again, I don't care. Its not expensive.

This topic is about the Echo1 ASR that the OP is interested in. You don't own one, you done like them, so bugger off and quit thread crapping and trying to pick a fight.

I get it. You know it all. Youve read it all someplace and you know more than I will ever know. I conceed you wisdom and worldly knowlage.

But if you don't like the echo1 ASR, and you don't have anything constructive to add, then go away. Those of us who have them, are trying to let the OP know what is what and what to expect. Meanwhile you want to muddy the waters by talking about how everything is going to break and he should get the gun you have.

In short, dude, Im done talking to you. Ive got info based on personal experience with the ASR. So if the OP wants more info, Ill post up. But if you want to pointlessly fight with me, be disrespectful and carry on like a child, I don't have time for that.

I apologize if I was being a bit rude and I totally agree, you have experience as well as anonimous with the ASR....the L96 may be a bit different than the ASR but it has the same internals. Just to clarify, you can't buy replacement parts from E1 as far as I have researched....wow though....thanks for the constructive critisicim. I'm done..I've said what I have to say and if you aren't intrested than thats ok, OP if you have any other question concerning the UTG MK96 don't hesitate to pm me.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 23 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #61

ASF Citizen

lol I apologize for causing fights, I was just looking for a few answers (which have been answered) thank you all.. I was just gonna make barrel spacers out of some foam I got.. I figured its just as good as manufactured barrel spacers.. I don't even know if these things will fit in my gun, theyre made of some delrin plastic or something with orings around them.. I mean theyre made for the L96 or type 96 gun and a specific EDGI barrel that im buying, but to think they have to fit perfectly in order to work unlike foam that contorts to near anything.. suggestions? should I just use the foam?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32469

feedback? the tricky thing is, will those be able to fit in the barrel of the ASR.. I suppose the question is, is the ASR outter barrel the same width as the L96 barrel?

+Quote Post
AKAKman
post Nov 23 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #62

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for AKAKman

Electrical tape is not consistent...hmmm I've heard that computer paper works really well...personally I have just used HP barrel spacers but I had a heck of a time fitting them in the barrel and ended up ripping off the o-rings on accident which made them useless...I wouldn't want to spend $20 on 2 barrel spacers that I would damage...search ASF for a lot more info and you'll find an answer.

btw...its not your fault for causing a fight at all...if any its me and Ronin who started it. I apologize if I offended anyone and I won't say anything more unless I have owned or installed it on my L96.

+Quote Post
S n a k e
post Nov 23 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #63

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 43,603

Add Feedback for S n a k e

computer paper is good as a one piece barrel spacer. foam is good for suppressing the sound caused by the vibrating parts when you make a shot but it wont decrease that much vibration from the gun to improve accuracy.

it will be easier to make barrel spacers on a bull outer barrel than a tapered one. the ASR and 96s have bull outer barrel right?

--------------------

"Only those who can See the Invisible can do the Impossible..."

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 23 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #64

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (S n a k e @ Nov 23 2010, 07:12 PM) *
computer paper is good as a one piece barrel spacer. foam is good for suppressing the sound caused by the vibrating parts when you make a shot but it wont decrease that much vibration from the gun to improve accuracy.

it will be easier to make barrel spacers on a bull outer barrel than a tapered one. the ASR and 96s have bull outer barrel right?

That's a good question cuz in the description of the spacers it says something bout a bull barrel... I guess if the asr had a bull barrel by all means it shud fit

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 24 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #65

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

Yes, if you use an EdGI bull barrel witht hose spacers then you should be all good.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 24 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #66

ASF Citizen

one final question.. my ASR finally came in the mail today and so did the upgrade kit, however the spring looks like the same spring in the ASR alrdy, not stiffer or anything.. im surprised that it actually adds that much power, but my question is, I also bought a silencer and polar star type 96 adapter for the gun too, but I need to remove the orange tip from the gun to expose the threads needed to screw on the adapter. how do I remove the tip without damaging the gun or the threads? do I just get pliers and turn clockwise or counterclockwisE?

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 24 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #67

ASF Citizen

if you havent gotten to it yet, I will check my gun when I get home. I forget which way the threads are. But ive got the adapter on my gun at home so Ill check.

Mine was easy to take out, Just finger tight really. and its just a big orange plug lightly threaded in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 25 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #68

ASF Citizen

What about spring spacers for the inner cylinder? I noticed the upgrasde kits spring guide has little rings that go around the spring guide.. if I add more rings or maybe put some nuts around the spring guide, will it put more compression on the spring giving it a more powerful shot?

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 25 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #69

ASF Citizen

I wouldnt do that. You will put an unreasonable ammount of tension on your trigger assembly then and you will most likely hasten its breakage.

All things wear out. Its how long we can make them last that makes the difference.

BTW, how do you like your gun so far?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 26 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #70

ASF Citizen

well I got it in the mail, and for some reason I think its small, but im still attracted to it.. its got a charm ya know, I cant wait to put a PRS stock on it like this

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.ph...5107&page=3

and im not sure if I like the bigger or small scope here where shortyusa.com so graciously took pics for me :P

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283438

me and my buddies like the bigger one so I may go with that..

as for now I havent shot it, but I still hear good things.. (its an xmas gift from my gf)

I actually thought of something else though.. everyone says if you put in too strong of a spring, itll blow up the trigger box.. im not rly sure what everyone means by that.. ive seen pics of the trigger box, the three pieces that stick out of the box on top I assume are the trigger sears, if I were to put too strong of a spring in there, what exactly would happen? would it just snap the sear would the trigger break like what would happen, cuz if I were to have my friend machine me steel pieces, would he have to recreate the ENTIRE box too or could he just recreate the pieces?

+Quote Post
woogie_man
post Nov 26 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #71

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 40,724

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 5 (85.7%)
Add Feedback for woogie_man

Alot of times when you have a plastic gearbox the pins that the sears and all the parts sit on are plastic.

If you have the means to why not have your friend machine you a full trigger box? Then you could get the thing shooting as fast as your little heart would want.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 26 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #72

ASF Citizen

I would love that but recreating the entire thing as opposed to a part or two is a huge difference and hed be doing me a favor, I would feel bad if thats the case.. however the trigger box for the ASR looks like a metal, I havent opened mine up yet but I saw pics.. is it possible I could just build the trigger sears out of steel and just secure the actual box sturdier then it currently is? and whats the next recommended spring besides the one that comes in the upgrade kit

+Quote Post
Ronin055
post Nov 26 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #73

ASF Citizen

The Tech on Echo1s site talks about a method for making the gun able to take a larger spring. But I don't know of anyone who has done it with the ASR.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 26 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #74

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

QUOTE (MichaelC @ Nov 26 2010, 04:45 PM) *
I would love that but recreating the entire thing as opposed to a part or two is a huge difference and hed be doing me a favor, I would feel bad if thats the case.. however the trigger box for the ASR looks like a metal, I havent opened mine up yet but I saw pics.. is it possible I could just build the trigger sears out of steel and just secure the actual box sturdier then it currently is? and whats the next recommended spring besides the one that comes in the upgrade kit

You can use aftermarket Laylax type 96/APS2 springs. I wouldn't put anything higher than a 150SP in it though.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 26 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #75

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Tux @ Nov 26 2010, 06:59 PM) *
You can use aftermarket Laylax type 96/APS2 springs. I wouldn't put anything higher than a 150SP in it though.

hmm gotcha, what kinda spring you think comes with the Echo 1 upgrade kit? a 130sp?

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 27 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #76

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

I would guess something between 130 and 140.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 27 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #77

ASF Citizen

so now I was looking at some new stocks, cuz the one it comes with isnt too appealing and it kinda sucks, so I saw this

the PRS stock it had on it, and I thought wow that is a sexy piece of equipment..
problem is the only one who seems to make them is magpul and they cost like 250 dollars wich I feel is extremely obnoxious! thats more then buying 2 of those guns! does anyone know any cool looking stocks that arent really that expensive? or maybe a PRS stock thats alot cheaper cuz I did find this too but it seems sketchy

http://www.import-action.com/iu-m4s3.html

opinions or comments

+Quote Post
Tobi-Kun
post Nov 27 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #78

Gas Gun Wh0RE

Member No.: 37,765

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Tobi-Kun

QUOTE (MichaelC @ Nov 27 2010, 03:52 PM) *
so now I was looking at some new stocks, cuz the one it comes with isnt too appealing and it kinda sucks, so I saw this

the PRS stock it had on it, and I thought wow that is a sexy piece of equipment..
problem is the only one who seems to make them is magpul and they cost like 250 dollars wich I feel is extremely obnoxious! thats more then buying 2 of those guns! does anyone know any cool looking stocks that arent really that expensive? or maybe a PRS stock thats alot cheaper cuz I did find this too but it seems sketchy

http://www.import-action.com/iu-m4s3.html

opinions or comments

I've never heard of that store before, but I'm pretty sure ACM versions exist, just don't expect them to be as cheap as you would think.

--------------------
PTW Expert
Gas Gun User
Professional ChairSofter
SWAMP BRIGADE member
[Kilo Oscar Tango] 11:39 pm: the best way to preserve resources is with guns pointed at those that want to take them
[Kilo Oscar Tango] 11:39 pm: and with two children and a wife you have 4 guns

+Quote Post
Tux
post Nov 27 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #79

Resident Sniper

Add Feedback for Tux

As far as stocks go, all of my friends have used ACM aftermarket stocks on their buffer tube AR variant rifles. Personally, I can't see a quality or durabiluty issue with them. Then again, I've never seen the real thing either.

+Quote Post
MichaelC
post Nov 27 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #80

ASF Citizen

ACM? are those AEG stocks im not familiar with that term, but I don't really see how quality can be an issue with a stock considering id probably have it in one place and bolt it down anyway unless it was made with like toilet paper or something.. a simple plastic will do as long as it looks cool and serves its purpose

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3