Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

> General Buy-Sell Forum Rules

THIS AREA IS FOR THE DISCUSSION ABOUT BUYERS, SELLERS, AND AIRSOFT ITEMS AND NO SELLING IS ALLOWED IN THIS AREA - THIS IS THE GENERAL BST DISCUSSION FORUM. PLEASE ALSO READ THE PINNED TOPICS BELOW!

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Guide To Avoid Scammers, NECRO EXEMPT
Rating 5 V
Jirog
post May 17 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #41

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 39,370

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Jirog

If you are scammed, is there anything yo can do legally? I mean if you have the name, address, Email, and phone number, can you do anything?

--------------------

TM MP5A4, Utg MK96 (ACU Version), AGM MP40, KJW 1911(OD)
Kid looks at his clear M4 Springer," And I thought mine was beast!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NGOB
post May 17 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #42

The New Guy on the Block isn't so new anymore...

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 14,607

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 11 (100%)
Add Feedback for NGOB

If you are able to get in contact with their local police department, you wield significant influence over the other person. (duh) Providing an address, phone number, and name will be moot however, if the scammer gave you incorrect information. But you are always more than welcome to try.

The best protection against this situation is to protect yourself earlier in the process.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jirog
post May 17 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #43

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 39,370

Add Feedback for Jirog

QUOTE (NGOB @ May 17 2009, 09:06 AM) *
If you are able to get in contact with their local police department, you wield significant influence over the other person. (duh) Providing an address, phone number, and name will be moot however, if the scammer gave you incorrect information. But you are always more than welcome to try.

The best protection against this situation is to protect yourself earlier in the process.

I have an Email address, I talked to him over the phone, and I got his name from his email address. Not sure it's a scam, because he is pretty active on these forums, but just taking caution.

--------------------

TM MP5A4, Utg MK96 (ACU Version), AGM MP40, KJW 1911(OD)
Kid looks at his clear M4 Springer," And I thought mine was beast!"

+Quote Post
UlookGoodThruaSc...
post Jun 10 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #44

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 38,828

Add Feedback for UlookGoodThruaScope

Yeah, I saw a Dateline NBC on the scammers coming from Africa. They scam a couple people in the U.S. and trick them into making counterfeit checks, and have them send them places that the people making the checks know nothing about. They scam like 4 people and they end up getting what they wanted. They are even such jacka**' that they made a music video about it, Scammer's music video

--------------------

+Quote Post
PCE PCM
post Jun 10 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #45

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 49,071

Add Feedback for PCE PCM

Hey guys im pretty new here and I want to get rid of a lot of stuff, but I don't have a rep and I take cash only now. Is there any other way I can build trust? Maybe I could ship first for a while, but that might be risky? Any help would be great guys.

+Quote Post
admin
post Jun 28 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #46

Webmaster

Group: Website Administrator
Member No.: 7,858
SOA Name: admin

My Temperament:7,7,2,8
Add Feedback for admin

QUOTE (StrikeOut @ Apr 22 2009, 02:21 PM) *
can someone help me out with this (im reasonably sure its a scam but...):

...I am willing to offer you $1,280.00 for the item,including shipping cost via USP Express Mail to west Africa,will be paying you through PayPal because it's the safest way to pay online...

...the thing is, im selling it for 800... any help?
the person said they wanted to pay an extra $480, I'm assuming your item has some weight to it and that was what this person figured for shipping. If this is the case, that doesn't necessarally means that its a scam just because the person is out of the country. Another thing, if they have a valid paypal account (provided they're not using a hijacked one), you could always file a paypal dispute later on. If you have questions, I'd recommend calling paypal on the telephone, their number if listed on their website.

QUOTE (PCE PCM @ Jun 10 2009, 06:55 PM) *
Hey guys im pretty new here and I want to get rid of a lot of stuff, but I don't have a rep and I take cash only now. Is there any other way I can build trust? Maybe I could ship first for a while, but that might be risky? Any help would be great guys.

Well for one thing, we have recently changed our Buy-Sell-Trade classified ads forum here so that the only people who can sell are members that belong to a special member group. By doing this, a number of scams and bad deals have been reduced. These members have either paid to sell here or they are willing to use our Sports Auction site for the actual transaction for more information on this click here.

As to your specific question about selling without a history, simply follow NGOB's suggestions on the first page of this topic and you should be ok.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackbird
post Nov 9 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #47

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 50,818

Add Feedback for Blackbird

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this...but here goes....I have made 2 purchses from good sellers on this sight where the total sale was 2 smaller items. The sellers put the Items in a REGULAR ENVELOPE and when I got them both evelopes had been torn open and 1 item was missing from each sale. Well guess what....the seller says sorry, I did this or that, maybe you can contact the post office about it. The second time it even came in a Post Office Plastic Bag with a notice inside, but the item was still gone. Now I am out of luck...paid for it but did not get it.
THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM IS DO NOT SEND STUFF IN REGULAR CHEAP ENVELOPES!!!! Sure it's easy, but it's not fair to others. I will not name names or give negative feedback...but come on guys get a clue.

+Quote Post
s92harrell
post Jan 23 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #48

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 50,757

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for s92harrell

QUOTE (Blackbird @ Nov 9 2009, 05:34 PM) *
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this...but here goes....I have made 2 purchses from good sellers on this sight where the total sale was 2 smaller items. The sellers put the Items in a REGULAR ENVELOPE and when I got them both evelopes had been torn open and 1 item was missing from each sale. Well guess what....the seller says sorry, I did this or that, maybe you can contact the post office about it. The second time it even came in a Post Office Plastic Bag with a notice inside, but the item was still gone. Now I am out of luck...paid for it but did not get it.
THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM IS DO NOT SEND STUFF IN REGULAR CHEAP ENVELOPES!!!! Sure it's easy, but it's not fair to others. I will not name names or give negative feedback...but come on guys get a clue.

The same happened to me. I ordered an item from a user (not on this site) and he shipped it in a freaking envelope. When it got here, it was cracked down the side. Luckily, the guy was honest and once I gave him pictures, he refunded me the money. I was lucky though, and will definately be taking more precautions due to this guide. Thanks all!

--------------------
If your parents don't pay for airsoft, put this in your Sig.

LaCross on his choice of personal defense weapon:
[LaCross] 12:31 am: and ill just dremel into their spine
[LaCross] 12:32 am: with a dremel in ur pocket u look like u got a huge ween
[LaCross] 12:32 am: ur get teh wimmenz and kill teh bad gaiz

+Quote Post
Haloll
post Jul 9 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #49

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 58,292

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Haloll

If you are meeting the buyer, is paying cash a good choice?

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3