Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hpa Setup, need some info
cagedconner
post Jul 10 2008, 02:54 AM
Post #1

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 32,328

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for cagedconner

Hey all, I've been sniping for a while now, and would like to try a new gun. I've had a chance to run with highly upgraded versions of every spring gun you can imagine, but I've never had the chance to own or use a gas gun. I'm about to recieve this gun, and would like to upgrade to HPA right away. From what I've heard, green gas won't provide very consistent fps, which is why I'd like to upgrade (if this is untrue, or fixable please post up as well, it'd save me a lot of money with the HPA setup.) I've also heard that the Kings Arms hopup unit is extremely nice, so I figured I would get that to top this gun off.

If there's any information I missed that you feel I should know about HPA rigs, or that gun in specific please reply, I'd like to get to know my gun a bit better before I get it.

This post has been edited by cagedconner: Jul 10 2008, 02:55 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wonko The Sane
post Jul 10 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 26,822

Add Feedback for Wonko The Sane

Run it on propane with and adapter and you'll be fine.

This post has been edited by Wonko The Sane: Jul 10 2008, 03:44 AM

--------------------

[/color]

+Quote Post
dee stalker
post Jul 10 2008, 06:43 AM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 24,116

Add Feedback for dee stalker

I'm pretty sure the King ARMS hop unit, is for tanaka rifles and won't fit the KJW copies (like that rifle).

Good Hunting a-thumbsup.gif

--------------------
sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by ASF Sponsors - please use your profile page

+Quote Post
Wonko The Sane
post Jul 10 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 26,822

Add Feedback for Wonko The Sane

What do you mean?! That is a Tanaka just painted with a scope and bi-pod added.

--------------------

[/color]

+Quote Post
dee stalker
post Jul 10 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 24,116

Add Feedback for dee stalker

QUOTE (Wonko The Sane @ Jul 10 2008, 08:00 PM) *
What do you mean?! That is a Tanaka just painted with a scope and bi-pod added.

it says "Based on the KJ M700." if you read the description. That is why it has the prometheus barrel fitted (you can't fit one in the Tanaka without the King Arms kit.).

Personally, I would not buy it (as I used to have a KJW M700P V1) and it was not a patch on my Tanaka rifle.

Good Hunting a-thumbsup.gif

--------------------
sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by ASF Sponsors - please use your profile page

+Quote Post
Brainplay
post Jul 11 2008, 06:37 AM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 41,332

Add Feedback for Brainplay

Well, you'll probably want to upgrade your hopup bucking to the "King Arms air seal" which is one of the better hard buckings. Other than that you can get away with straight propane just fine. However, using propane or a variant has some issues of which you should be aware. If you fire off shots quickly the magazine will start to chill causing less pressure and inconsistent fps. Taking your time can avoid this.

Switching to HPA fixes this issue. But rigging an HPA requires specifics tools. You'll have to drill one of your magazines then tap it (cut threads into it) to allow a pressure nipple to be permanently afixed. Then comes the regulator which needs to be gently tuned to between 90-140 psi. Sounds simple but it is not. The guys at fresnoairsoft have a picture description and finer details somewhere on their forums which is the standard setup and how to put it all together. I would recommend looking through many of the KJW m700 threads out there and find the hopup mod. Thats really one of the easier, cheaper, and really good mods to do.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3