Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ignite 'Black Ops' Blowback M4 $99, that new one at Wal Mart, TM compatible? Are the mags compatible? Real FPS?
gruzniak
post Aug 22 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,183

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for gruzniak

Hey guys, there's the new Ignite M4 at Wal-Mart, labled as Black Ops and has Black Ops trademarks.

Anyone have this gun, or shot it? I've seen a couple reviews on youtube, but none have ever really chronoed it, or answered whether its compatible with other mags.

Wal Mart has an incredible return policy, they'll at least exchange just about anything...so I'm really considering getting this. I'm down to this and a Lancer Tactical M4. I like the blowback and the wal mart return policy for this, the lancer may be a little better performing, but even the jury is still out on that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jgm
post Aug 22 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 75,971

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 23 (100%)
Add Feedback for jgm

QUOTE (gruzniak @ Aug 22 2012, 11:53 AM) *
Hey guys, there's the new Ignite M4 at Wal-Mart, labled as Black Ops and has Black Ops trademarks.

Anyone have this gun, or shot it? I've seen a couple reviews on youtube, but none have ever really chronoed it, or answered whether its compatible with other mags.

Wal Mart has an incredible return policy, they'll at least exchange just about anything...so I'm really considering getting this. I'm down to this and a Lancer Tactical M4. I like the blowback and the wal mart return policy for this, the lancer may be a little better performing, but even the jury is still out on that.

Its probably TM compatible, can't be sure though. Mags can only be determined by a pic of the top of the mag.
The lancer is likely WAY better though.

This post has been edited by jgm: Aug 22 2012, 11:05 AM

--------------------
Proudly building up the airsoft community in Tampa FL and the surrounding areas!

I love Tokyo Marui guns and magazines, I may be willing to take some Marui stuff off your hands, PM me!

+Quote Post
xpegsniper1
post Aug 22 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 71,890

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 14 (100%)
Add Feedback for xpegsniper1

Pretty interested in this as well. Someone needs to go get it, the walmart by me doesn't stock it yet.

+Quote Post
Amorton94
post Aug 22 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 54,984

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for Amorton94

I will be getting one here shortly.

I've taken one out of the box though and plugged it in. Feels good, decent quality plastic, metal barrel, pretty much your usual basic M4. Except it has blowback, which also feels good. Everything looked to be regular, no proprietary parts that I could see.

I would definitely take this over lancer. Firstly, cuz no one has ever said anything good about lancer, that I've seen. And secondly, Wal-Mart's return policy. Either way, they are both basic, entry level guns, which will perform as such.

--------------------
Want to buy replica crye multicam, the set with kneepads and elbow pads built in. Needed in medium long if possible, medium regular if not. Just PM me with what you have.

+Quote Post
jgm
post Aug 22 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for jgm

That is not 100% true about lancer. They are commonly recommended on this forum and have very nice internals for the price. Maybe this walmart gun is better, an internal breakdown would be necessary for a proper comparison.

This post has been edited by jgm: Aug 22 2012, 03:17 PM

--------------------
Proudly building up the airsoft community in Tampa FL and the surrounding areas!

I love Tokyo Marui guns and magazines, I may be willing to take some Marui stuff off your hands, PM me!

+Quote Post
Coyote98
post Aug 22 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #6

ASF Semi-Verified Comedian

Member No.: 77,831

My Temperament:8,3,4,9
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Coyote98

I'm going to go down, buy one of those, and mess around with it and see how well it performs. TIME TO VOID SOME WARRANTIES!!!

--------------------
I like to go through Google and see all the ugly painted guns people post on the interwebs.

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Jan 7 2014, 08:58 AM) *
"I only fired 3 hicaps through it with .12g bbs and dropped it off a railroad bridge by accident and broke off the front sight. But it's like new!"

FLOG!

+Quote Post
Bladez 0f Fury
post Aug 22 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #7

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 71,041

Add Feedback for Bladez 0f Fury

I can't believe not one of you guys searched Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRHuQuew8Fs

TM compatible mags, and I would imagine the GB and hopup would be the same...

Just for the fact that it says Black Ops and will bring in more CoD Players into the sport I give it 1/10

--------------------
A SAW Gunner... Because who else is going to suppress the enemy when you are trying to advance.

+Quote Post
gruzniak
post Aug 22 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #8

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 13,183

Add Feedback for gruzniak

Op back here, so I bit the bullet and got one, already tested it out...I only have a JG Mp5 right now to compare it to head-to-head,and it outperforms that in every aspect; accuracy, range the m4 is outstanding, velocity is good, but the spring is not yet even broken in.

Some of the externals are a bit cheap (handguard, I'm looking at you), and the gun is exceptionally light, which some may see makes it feel cheap all-around. I don't mind it being light, especially since I'll be running around with it all day in the woods.

The EBB is really cool, btw, adds a nice noise as well, a lot more 'intimidating' sound than a normal AEG.

For $200, no. For $150, meh... For under $100, it's a steal, not much else new in this price range that can compete with it. Lancer M4 vs. this is probably a coin flip, you get a little bit more performance with a Lancer probably, but this you get the benefit of buying it from a wal-mart and not having to wait for shipping ...of course if you still want and can find a new a UTG Mp5, that's an option for a Ben Franklin, plus tax.

+Quote Post
Coyote98
post Aug 22 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #9

ASF Semi-Verified Comedian

Member No.: 77,831

My Temperament:8,3,4,9
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Coyote98

QUOTE (Bladez 0f Fury @ Aug 22 2012, 06:50 PM) *
I can't believe not one of you guys searched Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRHuQuew8Fs

TM compatible mags, and I would imagine the GB and hopup would be the same...

Just for the fact that it says Black Ops and will bring in more CoD Players into the sport I give it 1/10

I was too selfish and went to Metube. :P But yeah, they shouldn't have put Black Ops on it...

"DUDE!!! I JUST GOT A BWACK OPS COMMANDO FOR AIRSOFT!!! newbies ARE GONNA BE PWNED!!!"

Sorry, had to do it :P

--------------------
I like to go through Google and see all the ugly painted guns people post on the interwebs.

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Jan 7 2014, 08:58 AM) *
"I only fired 3 hicaps through it with .12g bbs and dropped it off a railroad bridge by accident and broke off the front sight. But it's like new!"

FLOG!

+Quote Post
Artist
post Aug 23 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #10

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 66,211

Add Feedback for Artist

Its made by APS, the same company that does Javelin and AMS store brand, so it's not TM compatible. The piston rails, trigger, ARL, tappet plate, gearbox shell are all different. At this price the lancer is a better buy.

+Quote Post
jgm
post Aug 23 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #11

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for jgm

Replacement parts are available at airsplat. I love how they suggest to replace broken metal bushings with APS plastic ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amorton94
post Aug 23 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #12

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Artist @ Aug 23 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Its made by APS, the same company that does Javelin and AMS store brand, so it's not TM compatible. The piston rails, trigger, ARL, tappet plate, gearbox shell are all different. At this price the lancer is a better buy.

Proof?

--------------------
Want to buy replica crye multicam, the set with kneepads and elbow pads built in. Needed in medium long if possible, medium regular if not. Just PM me with what you have.

+Quote Post
jgm
post Aug 23 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #13

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for jgm

A quick look at the piston and spring guide will get you the answer if they are both green its definitely made by APS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artist
post Aug 24 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #14

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 66,211

Add Feedback for Artist

QUOTE (Amorton94 @ Aug 23 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Proof?

Intrigue opened one up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFpryhD5dY...feature=mh_lolz

+Quote Post
ninzalong
post Aug 26 2012, 07:59 AM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 65,456

Add Feedback for ninzalong

gearbox just like APS design :D

+Quote Post
m1991 covert ope...
post Sep 6 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #16

ASF Citizen

Group: member needs to prove email
Member No.: 64,472

Add Feedback for m1991 covert operations

You could always get the TM-compatible JG M16 for 20 more dollars.

--------------------
JG M16 A3 Airsoft Electric Gun AEG 6610

+Quote Post
Revy
post Sep 9 2012, 04:25 AM
Post #17

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 78,688

Add Feedback for Revy

I have this gun and it's amazing for the price. Compare to my G&P M4 matches it if not a little lower. Only problem I had with it was the gear on the motor was loose, causing it (the gear) to slide into the gear box and lock up the bottom gear. Easy fix with a hex wrench and problem solved. No more problems from the gun. :)

--------------------
Go Forth and Conquer

+Quote Post
Amorton94
post Sep 9 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #18

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (Revy @ Sep 9 2012, 03:25 AM) *
I have this gun and it's amazing for the price. Compare to my G&P M4 matches it if not a little lower. Only problem I had with it was the gear on the motor was loose, causing it (the gear) to slide into the gear box and lock up the bottom gear. Easy fix with a hex wrench and problem solved. No more problems from the gun. :)

This gun is a FAR cry from a G&P, but it's still a great gun for wal-mart.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Revy
post Sep 9 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #19

ASF Immigrant

Add Feedback for Revy

QUOTE (Amorton94 @ Sep 9 2012, 01:24 PM) *
This gun is a FAR cry from a G&P, but it's still a great gun for wal-mart.

That's true, but it performs just as good. Lol
I'm glad I didn't blow $100 on a gun that was going to tear up after one mag.

--------------------
Go Forth and Conquer

+Quote Post
Revy
post Sep 19 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #20

ASF Immigrant

Add Feedback for Revy

QUOTE (jgm @ Aug 23 2012, 07:40 PM) *
A quick look at the piston and spring guide will get you the answer if they are both green its definitely made by APS.

They're orange. Don't really understand how color tells you who it's made by.

--------------------
Go Forth and Conquer

+Quote Post
Sgt.Fox
post Oct 3 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #21

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 85,322

Add Feedback for Sgt.Fox

This is actually a really good gun, I have an ammo box and a stand attachment so I can use it as an Lmg or with regular mags and a bayonet for more movement oriented games

+Quote Post
Zemanova
post Oct 3 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #22

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

Group: Elite
Member No.: 43,677

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 18 (100%)
Add Feedback for Zemanova

nice year old necro.......

for you and anyone else who may view this year old thread looking for more info...
I have this gun. externals are basically worthlessly flimsy. internally its nice. the orange parts mean you got the newer aps/javelin gearboxes that are less prone to front cracking from the blowback

receiver and gearbox are completely proprietary as any other aps/javelin m4
if youre at your local wally considering buying one of these, yes what you get is a great deal at 99 bucks .....but be prepared to buy these 3 things right away: an aps mbk (because youll need it to keep your gun from snapping in half. yes, its that flimsy) ANY better motor, and a good 9.6, 11.1, or 7.4 battery

it will come stock with a metal airseal nozzle, silver large cap wiring, and 7mm brass bushings. those are the only out of the ordinary things it will come with for its price. the motor and battery are pretty bad

This post has been edited by Zemanova: Oct 3 2013, 09:21 PM

--------------------
Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) *
real ak's come with dead tree

WTTF MP5k!!
I got some cool stuff up for trade. Check it out!

+Quote Post
awlogue
post Oct 4 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #23

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 59,658
SOA Name: awlogue

My Temperament:8,7,5,4
Add Feedback for awlogue

QUOTE (Zemanova @ Oct 3 2013, 10:19 PM) *
nice year old necro.......

for you and anyone else who may view this year old thread looking for more info...
I have this gun. externals are basically worthlessly flimsy. internally its nice. the orange parts mean you got the newer aps/javelin gearboxes that are less prone to front cracking from the blowback

receiver and gearbox are completely proprietary as any other aps/javelin m4
if youre at your local wally considering buying one of these, yes what you get is a great deal at 99 bucks .....but be prepared to buy these 3 things right away: an aps mbk (because youll need it to keep your gun from snapping in half. yes, its that flimsy) ANY better motor, and a good 9.6, 11.1, or 7.4 battery

it will come stock with a metal airseal nozzle, silver large cap wiring, and 7mm brass bushings. those are the only out of the ordinary things it will come with for its price. the motor and battery are pretty bad

I don't want to start a debate but I'll add my experience with the APS mini patriot for the good of the order. This one had the orange parts.

Trigger trolley stopping post broke off within 5 shots on semi. (common v2 problem, but not usually that soon after buying it)

Gearbox shell snapped in half as I was opening it. (yes, literally in half. Completely. I broke the non-broken parts apart easily with my hands afterwards)

Internally the tappet, nozzle, trigger, and hopup are proprietary.

Motor=crap
Wiring=slightly less smelly crap
Piston= decent, great seal on the PH.

Body is compatible with standard TM v2 boxes, only problem is that you can't put the skinny center pin in. The body is solid from my experience, no breaking forseen for some time. other externals also seemed solid.

Magazines are TM, could use some padding to keep them from wobbling. APS hicap magazine feeds at 55 RPS, no joke.

So that's my experience, take it as you will.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:56 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3