Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

> Airsoft Items For Sale

YOU MUST BE AN "AUTHORIZED SELLER" OR AN "ASF SPONSOR" TO BE ALLOWED TO POST A NEW TOPIC IN THE "AIRSOFT ITEMS FOR SALE" CATEGORY. THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON BUYERS AND THERE HAVE BEEN NO CHANGES MADE TO THE "WANTED ITEMS" OR "GENERAL BST DISCUSSION" FORUMS... IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS, CLICK HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Important New Rule For "Authorized Sellers", UPDATED: July 12th, 2012
admin
post Jun 15 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Webmaster

Group: Website Administrator
Member No.: 7,858
SOA Name: admin

My Temperament:7,7,2,8
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for admin

Feedback for admin -
Positive: 0Neutral: 0Negative: 0
Submit feedback for this topic

UPDATED: July 12th, 2012

IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES TO THE "Airsoft Items For Sale" Forum

(basic free seller accounts have been discontinued except for AS-Elite - see below for details)

There are 3 ways to sell your airsoft items here on our forum; one is "Authorized Sellers - Paid" and the other for "ASF Sponsors". If you don't want to pay and you have an account on some other related sports forum with more than 300 posts there, see below for details for an alternate free method.

Authorized Sellers are people that have used items to get rid of and maybe a new item or two that you didn't have a need for. The Authorized Seller account is not for dealers, retailers, suppliers, distributors or people trying to run a business selling airsoft. If that is your intention you need to have an "ASF Sponsor" account to sell new items here. For a detailed explanation on dealers, suppliers, and retailers please read the following page: http://www.airsoftforum.com/airsoft-sponsors and create an advertiser or sponsor account. if you have questions please text or email me - do not use the PM system here to reach me.

If you wish to sell your used items here in the "Airsoft Items For Sale" Forum, you can do one of 3 things:

#1, Pay for an Advertiser or Sponsor account: (click here for details.)

#2, Pay for an Authorized Seller account (click here for details (login required))

#3 The alternate free method is for people that have an account on another sports related forum with more than 300 posts there. The idea is for you to help us promote http://www.SportsOnlyAuction.com (SOA) and you must have a complete / updated profile here to be manually added to the "Authorized Seller Elite" member group. keep in mind that there may be some delay before you are added because we have to verify that you are in compliance with the things you must do. If you don't want to wait - then pay. Paid accounts are automatically updated immediately...

Added Bonus....
"Upgraded Accounts" can now also...

a. open and close their own topics!
b. get 5 days to edit your posts whereas everyone else only gets 24 hours.

That being said though,
- IF you are going to edit your original post, please edit it wisely and DO NOT WIPE IT OUT WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR REMOVE ITEMS THAT HAVE SOLD. We would like to keep a record of the topic and the items listed. We PREFER that you update your "Original Post" (OP) in a reply, but if you must edit your original to fix a MISTAKE, then do it wisely so that 6 months from now when someone else comes along and wants to review what you did, they can read a topic that makes chronological sense.

MORE ON THIS REASON...
The main reasons for the previous 24 hour limit on editing a post was so that the original post could not be altered. This was set like that to reduce scamming and to limit the ability of a dishonest seller going back and changing something that wasn't originally part of the deal. Also, by not allowing people to just go back and delete or blank out their original post, it maintained integrity for the entire Airsoft Forum here in terms of creating a library or history of content.

For example.... If you sell your item and 6 months later someone wants to check your thread but all they find is "SORRY this item SOLD" for an original post or topic title - then that would hurt the board here and not be very useful for future visitors to that topic who may want to see what it sold for, etc.

Additionally, by disallowing people to go back and change the price or quantity, or item and forcing them to update their OP with a reply - this keeps the post more understandable and user friendly as well as less confusing. it also forces the viewers to actually read the topic and replies - not just the first post.

c. Normally external links here in member signatures are NOT ALLOWED (except by paid Advertisers and Sponsors).

IMPORTANT:

1. Above says to email me... I rarely check this topic (if ever) - so if you do not email me - you could be waiting for a long time, and
2. You must also have a completed / updated profile here such as age, location, alternate email, phone number, etc..
3. Your "signature link" must be clickable, it must be a hyper link that a person can click on and go to the SportsOnlyAuction.com website (not have to type it in)
4. The link must go to SportsOnlyAuction.com - not an advertisement page first. I am finding that some websites (such as airsoftsociety.com) take you to an obscure advertisement page first and force the person to choose the correct link to actually go to the website - that's not going to fly.
5. Your link will not work on a forum that requires the viewer to login in order to see the link.
6. Signature links should look something like the following when you edit them:
CODE
  [url="http://sportsonlyauction.com"]Airsoft Auctions[/url] or [url=http://sportsonlyauction.com]Airsoft Auctions[/url] (without quotes)... or HTML Code: <a href="http://sportsonlyauction.com">Airsoft Auctions</a>
or simply: http://www.SportsOnlyAuction.com listed in your signature there (but the anchor text "Airsoft Auctions" is preferred. If its a paintball, football or some other forum, make the anchor text relative to the site you post the link on.

UPDATED: July 12th, 2012

This post has been edited by admin: Jul 15 2012, 06:58 PM
Reason for edit: basic free seller program discontinued

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tactically Casua...
post Mar 3 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 27,097

Add Feedback for Tactically Casual

Wheres the money going? How does this protect buyers/sellers any more then the old system did? how much revenue has been generated thus far? I think these are important questions that should be answered. Better yet, is this forum part of a non profit organization?

This post has been edited by Tactically Casual: Mar 3 2010, 02:00 AM

+Quote Post
NGOB
post Mar 21 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #3

The New Guy on the Block isn't so new anymore...

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 14,607

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 11 (100%)
Add Feedback for NGOB

The money goes to paying the server fees. The number of scams has dropped significantly with this new system.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ah dinosaur!
post Aug 1 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #4

Invest, Repair, Sell, Repeat
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Free
Member No.: 34,071
SOA Name: ah dinosaur

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 22 (95.8%)
Add Feedback for ah dinosaur!

I just want to say that using SOA is actually really easy. You can toss up an ad in like 5 seconds and it's nice to have a record of a sale in case things go south.

--------------------
Check my Sales!
QUOTE (NUSCerick @ Dec 31 2009, 09:40 AM) *
do you snipe, or actually play airsoft...

+Quote Post
admin
post Jul 15 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Webmaster

Group: Website Administrator
Member No.: 7,858
SOA Name: admin

My Temperament:7,7,2,8
Add Feedback for admin

the rules have been updated, please read the first post in this topic. the basic change is that the free seller account program has been discontinued as people continue to abuse my offer and remove their signature links. This is the 3rd time, I have had to change or revise the free seller account option because people can not seem to maintain a link to SOA in exchange for a free account here. Therefore the rules on free accounts are being tightened even further. If you don't wish to deal with the hassle, simply pay the $4.95 a month, low quarterly or yearly rate and be done with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Airsofttech
post Nov 25 2012, 03:35 AM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 74,921

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Airsofttech

So basically on order to sell something you need to buy an account?

This post has been edited by airborne101: Feb 25 2013, 10:51 AM
Reason for edit: Please don't quote walls of text.

+Quote Post
jgm
post Nov 26 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #7

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 75,971

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 23 (100%)
Add Feedback for jgm

Yes, correct.

--------------------
Proudly building up the airsoft community in Tampa FL and the surrounding areas!

I love Tokyo Marui guns and magazines, I may be willing to take some Marui stuff off your hands, PM me!

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3