Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JG AUG Barrel Removal?
Beprepared
post Mar 3 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 55,427

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Beprepared

I just bought the Military (integrated optic) version of the JG Steyr AUG. I have seen LOTS of posts about removing the outer barrel on AUG type airsoft guns, but I can't find any about the JG specifically.

The dealer that I bought it from tells me that it can't be removed, but I am hoping he's wrong...

What I'd like to do is remove the outer barrel, take the flash hider off the end, and put it on the place where the barrel meets the reciever... can anyone tell me if I can do this, and if so, how it will affect my rifle?

I want it to look like this

This post has been edited by Beprepared: Mar 3 2010, 01:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
garret218
post Mar 3 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 38,941

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (75%)
Add Feedback for garret218

In case you didn't know, the JG AUG is a clone of the TM AUG. So any guide you found on the TM would work for your JG as well, but I still got your back. a-thumbsup.gif

First, remove the pin holding in the front grip. When you do the spring inside the grip may shoot towards the bottom of the grip so put pressure on the bottom cap when you remove the pin. Once you remove the grip you should see an allen scew. Unscrew it until you can slide out the outer barrel. Be aware though that the silver thing (not sure what it is) on the gas block may fall out. Then you need to get one of these:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4301
Put that in where the outer barrel goes and tighten the allen screw. Take off the flash hider from the original outer barrel and put it on the adapter. Put the grip back on and you're almost done. If you don't want the inner barrel to be sticking out then you'll need to buy a 363mm (m4 length) inner barrel. Once you install the that then you're good to go!

--------------------
I got soul but I'm not a soldier

+Quote Post
Beprepared
post Mar 3 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 55,427

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Beprepared

QUOTE (garret218 @ Mar 3 2010, 02:09 PM) *
In case you didn't know, the JG AUG is a clone of the TM AUG. So any guide you found on the TM would work for your JG as well, but I still got your back. a-thumbsup.gif

First, remove the pin holding in the front grip. When you do the spring inside the grip may shoot towards the bottom of the grip so put pressure on the bottom cap when you remove the pin. Once you remove the grip you should see an allen scew. Unscrew it until you can slide out the outer barrel. Be aware though that the silver thing (not sure what it is) on the gas block may fall out. Then you need to get one of these:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4301
Put that in where the outer barrel goes and tighten the allen screw. Take off the flash hider from the original outer barrel and put it on the adapter. Put the grip back on and you're almost done. If you don't want the inner barrel to be sticking out then you'll need to buy a 363mm (m4 length) inner barrel. Once you install the that then you're good to go!

okay, that is certainly good info... a few questions.

first, is there a specific barrel that I need to buy to fit that gun, or will any barrel that length work? Also is there a high quality one you could recommend?

second, is there a cheaper version of that adapter, or is the $35 one the only one available?

third, are there any other upgrades for this gun that you would say will have a significant impact on performance or durability? I'm not going to be doing huge competitions with it, but I'd like it to be dependable

+Quote Post
garret218
post Mar 3 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 38,941

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (75%)
Add Feedback for garret218

I found the same adapter for $19 on a different website:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=28336

Any after market barrel will fit as long as itís 363mm in length. If youíre on a budget I recommend a Madbull tightbore barrel. I own one and it improved the accuracy of my gun significantly.

Another cheap upgrade I would recommend is a Systema hop up bucking. I have these in a few of my guns, and after broken in they increase your guns range considerably. Iíve heard that pairing the Systema bucking with an SCS nub will also improve your gunís range and accuracy.

If you havenít already, I suggest using a 9.6V battery. It will increase your gunís rate of fire and improve trigger response. With an easy mod you can get this Intellect 9.6V 2000 mAh battery to fit. You can run a 9.6V battery in a stock JG for a while, but I would recommend eventually upgrading to a metal spring guide and metal bushings for durability.

The only other ďupgradeĒ I can think of is high quality 0.25g BBs. I use Airsoft Elites, G&Gs, and KSCs and I recommend either one. Any and all of these upgrades will improve your gunís performance. The best part about all of these upgrades (save the metal spring guide and metal bushings) is that you can install them without opening up the gearbox! If you want to upgrade your gearbox, then that's a whole new post..

Good luck!

--------------------
I got soul but I'm not a soldier

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3