Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Key Elements Of A Team?, what is needed? how many people? ect...
Waldo.
post Dec 7 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #1

ASF Citizen

Group: user_has_broken_email
Member No.: 33,410

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Waldo.

help me out? and if all possible, give some sweet names for it. (sorry for spam cuz I posted this topic in wrong forum a-grin.gif

This post has been edited by Graham Abram: Dec 7 2007, 10:42 PM

--------------------
"Vini. Vidi. Vici." (I came, I saw, I conquered.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Choffman10
post Dec 7 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #2

ASF Addict

Member No.: 31,445

Add Feedback for Choffman10

Well there should be a Designated Marksmen, Assualt, Recon, Spotter, Sniper, Scout, Rusher, and that's about all that I can think of.

But I think the most important ingredient is teamwork.

This post has been edited by choffman10: Dec 7 2007, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post
Waldo.
post Dec 7 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for Waldo.

QUOTE (choffman10 @ Dec 7 2007, 11:26 PM) *
Well there should be a Designated Marksmen, Assualt, Recon, Spotter, Sniper, Scout, Rusher, and that's about all that I can think of.

But I think the most important ingredient is teamwork.

well... could you explain each 1 -.-

and how many peeps?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Choffman10
post Dec 7 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #4

ASF Addict

Member No.: 31,445

Add Feedback for Choffman10

Please type using proper grammar.

A team could have 5-20 members.

Sniper- Uses stealth combined with a bolt action rifle usually equipped with a scope. Silence, and stealth is key to a good sniper. [L96]

Spotter- Looks out for the sniper, usaully equipped with a light assualt rifle, and binoculars. [G36C]

DM- Basically like a more mobile and active sniper, equipped with a larger assault rifle. [M14]

Assualt/Recon/Scout- Usually moves ahead of the team and finds the enemy's position, then they lead the attack along with the Rushers, equipped with light Sub Machine Gun, or PDW and binoculars. [P90]

Rusher- Usually leads the attack at the enemy, with very straight forward attacking. Usually equipped with a small SMG, or Personal Defense Weapon with a high rate of fire. [Mp5 PDW]

^^Those are just the basics of the general role.

+Quote Post
KozyCOCOANUTS
post Dec 7 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 34,282

Add Feedback for KozyCOCOANUTS

Mix love and tactics and you got a pot of teamwork

+Quote Post
Guest_Ruthless Killa8_*
post Dec 7 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #6

Add Feedback for Guest_Ruthless Killa8_*

QUOTE (Waldo. @ Dec 7 2007, 10:21 PM) *
give some sweet names for it.

Ruthless Shootas a-yesnod.gif

+Quote Post
zoob
post Dec 8 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #7

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 33,610

Add Feedback for zoob

Personally I'd say minumum # of team mates of six. You forget the support who carry the bigggest gun and is behind the rushers, who set up a covered position for a temporary fall back area. I'm a support, and my team apprciates it.

PS: I'm also DM when the numbers fall behind 3.

This post has been edited by zoob: Dec 8 2007, 12:40 AM

--------------------
{Lone Wolf} {Bloodline} {Eagle Squad} {Slayer} {Oprative "Zoob"} [Importance of mission...?]
The key to winning, is making the other team win... at losing.
The key to tactics, is making the other team clueless
The key to wepons, is who your making it for
The key to retreating, is have something to fall on
The key to missions, is...?

+Quote Post
tantrik
post Dec 8 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #8

Forum Janitor

Group: Member
Member No.: 18,762

Add Feedback for tantrik

The key element of a team is organization.

Team tactics, member designation, etc. follows after a team is organized. Besides, you won't know from the start who's good with what, right? Not unless all your team members to be are seasoned airsoft players.

To organize a team you need a team by-laws in which you uphold. These may be formal or informal. What it does is it states a general rule such as the organizational structure, recruitment and member grades, etc.

Once you have that ready, recruit members. The founder should not be automatically the leader/team captain/president or any officer. In fact the first few members should be considered as co-founders. No single person can be a team founder, hence the name team.

Once you have this, play among yourselves. It takes several games, it could even take months, even years, to determine who does a specific role best.

Once you have this working, the next key element is comraderie. The worse thing that can happen in a team is self interest. Everyone should play his part for the team, not as an individual.

And the most important of all. Always have FUN. Don't get too seriuos, after all this is a game.

I have been into this sport since the late 80's. Trust me, don't get too seriuos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KozyCOCOANUTS
post Dec 8 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 34,282

Add Feedback for KozyCOCOANUTS

Once again Tantrik helps us all!

+Quote Post
Koko_Krisp89
post Dec 9 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #10

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 19,674

Add Feedback for Koko_Krisp89

As for specific roles, if I were going to start a team today I'd want to fill six necessary positions...
1 Sniper
1 Spotter/DM
3 Assault
1 Scout

Your sniper is obviously the sniper. He sits under covering waiting for his shots, while your teammates try to lure enemies into his FoV.
Your spotter/dm is your snipers companion. He has an aeg and is ready to clean up whatever scraps your sniper leaves.
Your assualt men/women are field players. They move, shoot, and simply use tactics to try and eliminate enemy forces and complete mission objectives.
Your scout is somewhat of a spy. He's a quick, usually little guy/gal who can find cover easily. Your scout will radio in your enemies positions, and what their tactics seem to be.

--------------------
8D

I'm a hellfish...

sorry - you're not going to advertise that here - admin. If I catch you doing it, your're going to be suspended the next time

^Pass it on^

+Quote Post
Waldo.
post Dec 9 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #11

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for Waldo.

QUOTE (Koko_Krisp89 @ Dec 9 2007, 02:26 PM) *
As for specific roles, if I were going to start a team today I'd want to fill six necessary positions...
1 Sniper
1 Spotter/DM
3 Assault
1 Scout

Your sniper is obviously the sniper. He sits under covering waiting for his shots, while your teammates try to lure enemies into his FoV.
Your spotter/dm is your snipers companion. He has an aeg and is ready to clean up whatever scraps your sniper leaves.
Your assualt men/women are field players. They move, shoot, and simply use tactics to try and eliminate enemy forces and complete mission objectives.
Your scout is somewhat of a spy. He's a quick, usually little guy/gal who can find cover easily. Your scout will radio in your enemies positions, and what their tactics seem to be.

what about support? (thx for list anyway cuz I have 6 people for a team conveiniently a-jester.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
SWATA4
post Dec 10 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #12

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 12,403

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for SWATA4

http://www.ampair.net/e107_plugins/content....php?content.92

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
On_Point_X
post Dec 11 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #13

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 34,808

Add Feedback for On_Point_X

QUOTE (tantrik @ Dec 8 2007, 12:55 AM) *
The key element of a team is organization.

Team tactics, member designation, etc. follows after a team is organized. Besides, you won't know from the start who's good with what, right? Not unless all your team members to be are seasoned airsoft players.

To organize a team you need a team by-laws in which you uphold. These may be formal or informal. What it does is it states a general rule such as the organizational structure, recruitment and member grades, etc.

Once you have that ready, recruit members. The founder should not be automatically the leader/team captain/president or any officer. In fact the first few members should be considered as co-founders. No single person can be a team founder, hence the name team.

Once you have this, play among yourselves. It takes several games, it could even take months, even years, to determine who does a specific role best.

Once you have this working, the next key element is comraderie. The worse thing that can happen in a team is self interest. Everyone should play his part for the team, not as an individual.

And the most important of all. Always have FUN. Don't get too seriuos, after all this is a game.

I have been into this sport since the late 80's. Trust me, don't get too seriuos.

I'll definitly agree with you, but I might add good communication or call signs

--------------------
Tag: Kevin
Crew Tag: NJ Death Dealers
IPB Image

+Quote Post
WeeGee
post Dec 11 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #14

Haid Salaami

Group: Elite
Member No.: 10,897

Add Feedback for WeeGee

No. The most important part of a team is having a bunch of people who all like each other, have the same vision for the team, get along on and off the field and are not d-bags. If you start from that, everything else will fall into place. The most successful teams grow, they are not built.

--------------------
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

+Quote Post
On_Point_X
post Dec 11 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #15

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 34,808

Add Feedback for On_Point_X

yea I agree with that WeeGee but than again some people don't hang out with each other if they arent playing.. I.E... when I played football every sunday the team was like a band of brothers.. but after the game we didnt hang out.. maybe once in a while

--------------------
Tag: Kevin
Crew Tag: NJ Death Dealers
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Onikozah
post Dec 12 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #16

Sexual Thunder

Member No.: 34,898

Add Feedback for Onikozah

A good way to build a team relationship is to have like a weekly meet. I'm not in any organized airsoft league, and I'm not on a designated team. Some friends and I just have skirmishes in people's yards or in the woods. After every game we always order a pizza or watch a movie and hang out so our teams are never strained and there are no arguments. I think friendship is the most important thing in any team, that should be your first concern. Weather it's watching a movie, or just hanging out, try to have weekly meets.

--------------------

One of ASF's most popular sig makers...is locked out of the Sig Request Forum.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3