Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neoprene Mask
blkexp98
post Sep 17 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 24,080

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for blkexp98

I havent been able to find any posts on the neoprene masks out. All I can find are random comments. Can anyone tell me some details on how good it works paired with goggles of course. Im looking for any info you can give me. I don't like how I cant get a cheek weld with my paintball masks so im looking at this option. The balaclava or shemaga (sp?) are not options alone for me. I don't think they will offer enough protection. So id like some info on comfort, how it feels to get shot, how you can breath and any other things you feel like adding. Thanks, Major
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_triggerhappy_*
post Sep 17 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Guest_triggerhappy_*

I'm not sure exactly what type of Neoprene masks you mean, but I have a Masque. It is meant for skiing. It is thin and flexible but it has enough padding to keep you from getting welts, bloody lips, or chipped teeth. A 300fps hit still stings a little but it won't do any damage. I like it because it covers the nose, but has a hole underneath so you can still breath and some pin holes over the mouth so you can breath but your teeth are still protected. The only drawback is that when you wear it with goggles the hot air goes out the top of the masque and directly into your goggles. On a cool day they fog up.

Here's a link: http://www.modernmountainman.com/catalog.p...ct&id=18723

Thick winter balaclavas have plenty of padding for airsoft.

+Quote Post
blkexp98
post Sep 17 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...ode=Gears_Masks

That is the one I am mainly refering to. Im sure it will be pretty warm in the summer but winter is on its way so that wont be an issue for long. I have a Blackhawk balaclava and it seems padded but im pretty sure a pellet would still have a nice sting. Might be good for the winter though over the neoprene deal since I am cold natured. What do you do about your goggles in the winter then if it fogs them up? I wonder how the rainx for the inside of car windows would work since thats sopposed to stop fogging on car windows. Major

+Quote Post
Chef Bgob
post Sep 18 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 23,951

Add Feedback for Chef Bgob

QUOTE (blkexp98 @ Sep 17 2006, 10:33 PM) *
http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...ode=Gears_Masks

That is the one I am mainly refering to. Im sure it will be pretty warm in the summer but winter is on its way so that wont be an issue for long. I have a Blackhawk balaclava and it seems padded but im pretty sure a pellet would still have a nice sting. Might be good for the winter though over the neoprene deal since I am cold natured. What do you do about your goggles in the winter then if it fogs them up? I wonder how the rainx for the inside of car windows would work since thats sopposed to stop fogging on car windows. Major

I never though of that..hmm =)

--------------------
[font=Arial]"Always in the line of fire!"
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_triggerhappy_*
post Sep 19 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Add Feedback for Guest_triggerhappy_*

I put some scuba mask stuff on my goggles. It doesn't completely stop the fogging but it helps it go away a lot quicker. They don't have a chance to get fogged up so bad I can't see.

This post has been edited by triggerhappy: Sep 19 2006, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post
foxtrot
post Sep 19 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 15,152

Add Feedback for foxtrot

The evike one is nice although I haven't been able to use it in an event yet. Get the green because if you prefer black you can flip it inside out, its always good to have an option of green.

--------------------
!

+Quote Post
WeeGee
post Sep 20 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #7

Haid Salaami

Group: Elite
Member No.: 10,897

Add Feedback for WeeGee

I put RainX on the outside of my goggles, I did not do the inside because it says on the bottle that it is an eye irritant.

--------------------
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

+Quote Post
blkexp98
post Sep 20 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #8

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (WeeGee @ Sep 20 2006, 01:14 PM) *
I put RainX on the outside of my goggles, I did not do the inside because it says on the bottle that it is an eye irritant.

There are two types of RainX. One is meant for the inside of glass and helps with fogging and the other is the older kind that goes on the outside to make water run off. Which one did you use and how is it working so far?

Im curious how it will fell wearing the Neoprene mask when you get hit. Does it seem thick enough to stop you from having red dots on you if were to get shot or would you use some other protection other than eye to supplemnt it? Something like a balaclava or some type of wrap.

Major

+Quote Post
G. Scott H.
post Sep 20 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 23,113

Add Feedback for G. Scott H.

How about using something like these along with the neoprene mask? No fogging problems and they're plenty tough enough for airsoft use. a-thumbsup.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(triggerhappy @ Jun 18 2005, 11:41 AM) [snapback]173892[/snapback]

There's nothing worse than pulling out a mag in the heat of a firefight and hearing "phhhht" and seeing bbs fly everywhere.

QUOTE(Airsoft Monkey @ Sep 10 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]17139830[/snapback]

If a guy is cheating, I will purposly shoot him in the nuts or head/neck to make sure he goes out in pain. I hate cheaters...

+Quote Post
Pimpinvaderman
post Sep 30 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #10

I play for SLAP (St. Louis Airsoft Players)

Member No.: 22,224

Add Feedback for Pimpinvaderman

That's just as unsafe as a mesh mask, so don't even think about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Evilsquirrel
post Oct 1 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #11

ASF Citizen

Group: user_has_broken_email
Member No.: 23,915

Add Feedback for Evilsquirrel

QUOTE (G. Scott H. @ Sep 20 2006, 01:14 PM) *
How about using something like these along with the neoprene mask? No fogging problems and they're plenty tough enough for airsoft use. a-thumbsup.gif

Those are not even safe for woodworking! I work in the construction industry and and debris would be in my eyes all day long. Tests have been done (see pined topic about mest masks) and I wouldnt wear one if my life depended on it!

I personally wear WileyX and ESS goggles along with a football/sports mouth piece for eye and teeth protection, if your worried about your skin a nice addition is the Under Armour Balaclava in which they sell in both heat and cool gear.

--------------------

B.O.H.I.C.A Baby !
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL AIRSOFT FIELD AND RETAILER
Member of JASOC

+Quote Post
That one noob......
post Dec 14 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #12

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 19,775

Add Feedback for That one noob......

I use bolle t800's and an OE tech OD shemagh, since I am an arab, it gives me that terrorist look, once you learn how to tie the shemagh the right way it stays on perfect and is very light weigh, plus combined with goggles, gives you total head protection. Its pretty thick cotton too.

+Quote Post
SHARKY2.0
post Dec 14 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #13

Putting the "F" back in freedom

Member No.: 24,751

Add Feedback for SHARKY2.0

For your goggles fogging up whip some biodegradable camp soap around the inside near the egdes. A thats what the air force does.

--------------------
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

+Quote Post
Sir Avanti
post Feb 14 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #14

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 27,785

Add Feedback for Sir Avanti

what about army surplus GI sun, wind and dust goggles for when I play spinger battles? or would a good paintball mask be better?

+Quote Post
Drunk Cow
post Feb 14 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 21,768

Add Feedback for Drunk Cow

I use JT goggles and for fac protection I have a full head and neck covering version of what triggerhappy's link shows

--------------------
"We'll rob the bank, give the money to the poor, then rob the poor and shoot the money!!!" - billy the kid on the simpsons

IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Solliz
post Mar 15 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #16

ASF Citizen

Group: user_has_broken_email
Member No.: 21,671

Add Feedback for Solliz

QUOTE (Sir Avanti @ Feb 14 2007, 05:49 PM) *
what about army surplus GI sun, wind and dust goggles for when I play spinger battles? or would a good paintball mask be better?

I have a pair that I use. The guy at the army surplus store said that they were ansi rated. They are shatterproof, however they can get scratched up pretty easily. I still tested mine, 330 fps at point black and they did fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CaptianInsano21
post Mar 22 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #17

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 28,612

Add Feedback for CaptianInsano21

QUOTE (blkexp98 @ Sep 20 2006, 02:10 PM) *
There are two types of RainX. One is meant for the inside of glass and helps with fogging and the other is the older kind that goes on the outside to make water run off. Which one did you use and how is it working so far?

I suggest rubbing a LITTLE bit of shampoo on the inside of you goggles. A little hockey trick that works miracles.

--------------------
Proud member of S.E.A.L. Call sign is Iceman.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3