Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Norcal/Bay Area Airsoft fields and websites, Idea borrowed from BlackPig
RatuBau
post Apr 15 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 10,196

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for RatuBau

Bay Area and Norcal Airsoft related websites:

SAC:
sacairsoft.com
http://www.meetup.com/galtfield/
http://warmachine.goboardz.com/forum.asp

Bay Area
http://www.bayareaairsoft.org/forum
http://www.teamsocomusa.proboards.com/
http://www.mikeforceairsoft.org/opcenter.html - This is SOUTH Bay area actually (Moss Landing / Monterey Bay)
Fort ORD - aka: CQB Challenge - Also the Host AI-500
http://efproto.willpritchard.com/index
http://www.sequoiaairsoft.com/

Sacramento area fields:

Bay Area fields:
Area 48 http://efproto.willpritchard.com/index
-Area 48 is a outdoors CQB field based in San Jose, CA. The cost to play is $25.00 and games are held on Saturdays. Googles/pb mask required for anyone under 18 along with authorization from parents/liability waiver.
LZ-5 http://www.teamsocomusa.proboards.com/
-Woodland field based in Fairfield, CA. Cost to play is $20.00 a person.
Googles/pb mask required for anyone under 18 along with authorization from parents/liability waiver.
Sequoia http://www.sequoiaairsoft.com/
-This is one of the oldest airsoft fields in the Bay.
Sherwood Forest http://www.teamsocomusa.proboards.com/
-New field organized by davis airsoft/warmachines
-Woodland/CQB. Formerly a paintball field. They combine two fields to be used for airsoft. Costs $15.00 to play.

Work in progress I didn't have a lot of time to get it all done during my break.
Add on if you'd like and I'll edit my post to include your info.

This post has been edited by OpSic66: May 25 2010, 11:08 PM

--------------------
Bay Area Airsoft League
Team: Murder 4 Hire(M4H)
Callsign: MALICE
Weapons:
Primary: Magpul M4(Prometheus/Systema internals)
Secondary: TM 1911, KWA Glock 19
Secondary: WA G&P WOC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shigidy
post Apr 17 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 38,107

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Shigidy

That's a pretty good list, although the sherwood forest link is wrong, and the warmachine has a new website.

You can actually use this website for both davis and sherwood forest, since they are ran by the same organization

heres the link
http://warmachineairsoft.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

+Quote Post
RatuBau
post Apr 18 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 10,196

Add Feedback for RatuBau

haha yea, that was my bad. I posted the LZ-5 link for sherwood. I can't edit my post for some reason.

--------------------
Bay Area Airsoft League
Team: Murder 4 Hire(M4H)
Callsign: MALICE
Weapons:
Primary: Magpul M4(Prometheus/Systema internals)
Secondary: TM 1911, KWA Glock 19
Secondary: WA G&P WOC

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 23 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #4

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 52,992

Add Feedback for loonyrussian

QUOTE (RatuBau @ Apr 18 2010, 07:15 PM) *
haha yea, that was my bad. I posted the LZ-5 link for sherwood. I can't edit my post for some reason.

Hey all,

I've been looking for a list of games/fields in the Monterey Bay area and greater San Jose area. Thanks for this info, as it is the best I have found so far. Still, I have heard rumors (like from the folks at AEX or over at J&S) about games that are NOT listed online. I would LOVE to see a (relatively) definitive list. I own several domains, and if necessary would be willing to donate one to a forum (although there are plenty of those out) or at least a calender of local events. I am fairly new to Airsoft, and am really having issues finding games. I seem to only hear of them AFTER the darn event....like the last CQB event out at Ft. Ord by Roundhouse.

If anyone has a brilliant idea, suggestion or comment, please let me know. You can also email me at bigredlizard at gmail (with the usual dot com suffix), as I'm looking for some guys to hook up with and get some game going.

--------------------
If you have sex with a sleeping hooker, is it rape, or shoplifting?

+Quote Post
G36fanatic...
post May 23 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 47,930

Add Feedback for G36fanatic...

Here's my brilliant idea for you, check mike forces website. It's linked above and the date of the game is always posted 2-3 weeks in advance. We have a night/evening game going next weekend on Sunday.

Check the website of the field you plan to attend. They will always post the game dates. I think fort ord sends out emails on the games so you will have to sign up for the chain emails. But you can find that on the website.

--------------------

props to KOPER for the awesome sig
[JDM_WAAAT] 9:53 pm: I wish magpul made ps3 controllers
^^--- me too JDM, me too...

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 23 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #6

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (G36fanatic... @ May 23 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Here's my brilliant idea for you, check mike forces website. It's linked above and the date of the game is always posted 2-3 weeks in advance. We have a night/evening game going next weekend on Sunday.

Check the website of the field you plan to attend. They will always post the game dates. I think fort ord sends out emails on the games so you will have to sign up for the chain emails. But you can find that on the website.

G36, thanks, I know that. In fact I've been contemplating whether or not to attend the night game. I have no night gear. But it still might be a kick.

My big issue is I don't know any fields other than the few I've found online, like CQB, Sequoia, and the BAAL web site. But there has to be more than that, and SOMEONE has to know when scheduled or pickup games are happening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kavurcen
post May 23 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #7

Puts the CP in CCCP!

Member No.: 40,316
SOA Name: Kavurcen

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 12 (100%)
Add Feedback for Kavurcen

http://sonomacountyairsoft.com/
Multiple fields with turnout sometimes reaching as much as nearly 200 people.

I've never been here myself, but...
http://cqbcity.com/catalog/

--------------------
I have FS threads on Airsoft Barracks

BTW, I appreciate being PM'd back. Only about 10% of people I PM do the same, the rest I have to assume are just awful people.

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 23 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #8

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (Kavurcen @ May 23 2010, 07:27 PM) *
http://sonomacountyairsoft.com/
Multiple fields with turnout sometimes reaching as much as nearly 200 people.

I've never been here myself, but...
http://cqbcity.com/catalog/

Privyet Russki! Oo menya Dean Markovitch.

anyway, while I was at AEX on Friday, they were talking about a game at Ft. Ord THIS WEEKEND ( 22 and 23 MAY ) and I can't find anything online about it. So there are info sources I have as yet to tap into....and DESPERATELY want to. I want to get some game on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G36fanatic...
post May 23 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (loonyrussian @ May 23 2010, 06:12 PM) *
G36, thanks, I know that. In fact I've been contemplating whether or not to attend the night game. I have no night gear. But it still might be a kick.

My big issue is I don't know any fields other than the few I've found online, like CQB, Sequoia, and the BAAL web site. But there has to be more than that, and SOMEONE has to know when scheduled or pickup games are happening.

To my knoladge, there are no random pickup games because you need large amounts of private property in order to do so. If its not posted on BAAL then they probably don't want outsiders to join them.

As for the night game, it starts at 5, so only an hour or 2 should be in the dark. As for night gear, most people don't have any. All you need is a flash light(doesn't have to be gun mounted) and a red flash light. If you don't have a red light, I think you can put your red rag over the normal light and it will be red. I've heard that works fine. I would advise against tracers too since they give you away too easily.

As for sequoia, they are a one time thing for me. I went there once and will never go back. they lack organization to point where it can be dangerous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 23 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #10

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (G36fanatic... @ May 23 2010, 08:21 PM) *
To my knoladge, there are no random pickup games because you need large amounts of private property in order to do so. If its not posted on BAAL then they probably don't want outsiders to join them.

As for the night game, it starts at 5, so only an hour or 2 should be in the dark. As for night gear, most people don't have any. All you need is a flash light(doesn't have to be gun mounted) and a red flash light. If you don't have a red light, I think you can put your red rag over the normal light and it will be red. I've heard that works fine. I would advise against tracers too since they give you away too easily.

As for sequoia, they are a one time thing for me. I went there once and will never go back. they lack organization to point where it can be dangerous.

I talked to them on the phone, and just didn't like their attitude. Plus I have a good set of airsoft goggles, and they have a full facemask only policy I don't like.

Well, if most people don't have night gear then King Sensai is going to clean us ALL up,as I know he DOES have a NVS set (a NVS 7 I think). but I have several 90 lights, so that would work.

And I plan on being at the next RECONDO class weekend after next. Anyone else going to be there?

--------------------

+Quote Post
OpSic66
post May 25 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #11

كافر Extraordinaire

Member No.: 18,141

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for OpSic66

QUOTE (loonyrussian @ May 23 2010, 07:48 PM) *
anyway, while I was at AEX on Friday, they were talking about a game at Ft. Ord THIS WEEKEND ( 22 and 23 MAY ) and I can't find anything online about it. So there are info sources I have as yet to tap into....and DESPERATELY want to. I want to get some game on!

That would be CQB Challenge (Fort ORD).

I edited the first post, to link them in as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G36fanatic...
post May 25 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #12

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (loonyrussian @ May 23 2010, 07:44 PM) *
I talked to them on the phone, and just didn't like their attitude. Plus I have a good set of airsoft goggles, and they have a full facemask only policy I don't like.

Well, if most people don't have night gear then King Sensai is going to clean us ALL up,as I know he DOES have a NVS set (a NVS 7 I think). but I have several 90 lights, so that would work.

And I plan on being at the next RECONDO class weekend after next. Anyone else going to be there?

Have you been to MF before?

I don't care for some of the people that come out of recondo. A few of them think they deserve extra respect for it when they still aren't much better than some normal guys. I guess it's a pretty good class if you can be humble through it.

How do you know what type of NVGs Doc(king sensai) has? He may be one of the few that has them, but it's all infrared. Thermal is illegal in Cali. But doc might be able to get thermal somehow. It wouldn't suprise me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Riflewizard
post May 26 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #13

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 21,866

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 7 (100%)
Add Feedback for Riflewizard

The night games are mostly during day/twilight and are fun. The dark bits only happen in the final hours, and it's just chaos. NVG's are cool but if you maintian similar camo practices in daytime it'd be Really hard for them to spot you. Someone wanna check a lunar calendar? if there a lot of moonlight it'd be perfect

--------------------

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 26 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #14

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (G36fanatic... @ May 25 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Have you been to MF before?

I don't care for some of the people that come out of recondo. A few of them think they deserve extra respect for it when they still aren't much better than some normal guys. I guess it's a pretty good class if you can be humble through it.

How do you know what type of NVGs Doc(king sensai) has? He may be one of the few that has them, but it's all infrared. Thermal is illegal in Cali. But doc might be able to get thermal somehow. It wouldn't suprise me.

1. Yes, I have played with MF twice now. Most of them seemed pretty good guys to me.

2. I have as yet to run into this "recondo attitude" you mention. I took (and continue to take) the classes because:
a. I'm a Newbie to airsoft. And while I've played paintball for years, I know they are not the same.
b. I do not have, and wish to acquire basic combat skills. IMHO, since this is mostly a MILSIM and MOUT type game around here, that can't but help me be a
better player.
c. I feel that I can have a nice cocky attitude about deserving extra respect when I notice people give it to me. Until then, I'm just another player.

3. I know what kind of NVG's Doc has cause he told me, at a RECONDO class. He said he has an AN/PVS2 and an AN/PVS7 and wanted to get the AN/PVS14.

IMHO, whether it is thermal, infra or just starlight enhancing, it's better than the naked eye at night.

At this point, I want to get a couple of friends (either new ones or existing) and hang out during the game, ya know, do the "buddy thing" cause as a Newbie that makes the game better for me than wandering around the field with a bunch of strangers I never met before. I would love to make some new friends that play, and we could hook up for games and maybe beers after.

All in all, I'm an enthusiastic Newbie looking for new friends to get some game on with, get advice on better playing, find games often and frequently, and to drink, whine and brag about games afterwards.

And perhaps not to piss off to many people in the meantime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G36fanatic...
post May 27 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Oh ok. At first it sounded like you had never been to MF. Sorry about that.

Recondo is a pretty serious and cool program from what I've heard. I'm just to busy to ever go to it. I'm not trying to say that all recondo guys are mean. Just once in a while I notice it. Not a big deal though. They've never been mean to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 27 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #16

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (G36fanatic... @ May 27 2010, 07:35 AM) *
Oh ok. At first it sounded like you had never been to MF. Sorry about that.

Recondo is a pretty serious and cool program from what I've heard. I'm just to busy to ever go to it. I'm not trying to say that all recondo guys are mean. Just once in a while I notice it. Not a big deal though. They've never been mean to me.

It really is very cool. I'm a Navy guy, so getting these basic infantry skills is a new thing to me. And totally cool. I love the Navy, but Army would have been a good second choice. I dog the whole adrenaline rush, and God know those foot sloggers deserve all the support, love and respect they can get and then some.

Still, I dig the combat thing. Well, as close as I can get know anyway. There are a few active Army dude's I've played with, at MF games and one RECONDO class, and they said this airsoft thing is REALLY REALLY close to getting shot at.

Awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G36fanatic...
post May 28 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #17

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (loonyrussian @ May 27 2010, 09:40 PM) *
It really is very cool. I'm a Navy guy, so getting these basic infantry skills is a new thing to me. And totally cool. I love the Navy, but Army would have been a good second choice. I dog the whole adrenaline rush, and God know those foot sloggers deserve all the support, love and respect they can get and then some.

Still, I dig the combat thing. Well, as close as I can get know anyway. There are a few active Army dude's I've played with, at MF games and one RECONDO class, and they said this airsoft thing is REALLY REALLY close to getting shot at.

Awesome.

it's cool to hear stuff like that from active service men.

I was reading up on the recondo requirements, and I knew you had to have a full set of gear and 9 standard mags, but do you really have to wear FULL ACU? I'd love to go but im not gonna drop $300 on a whole new loadout just to go to recondo. I hate ACU with a passion anyway since I can see it a mile away on the MF field.

I'll be there for sure this weekend if anyone else is going.

--------------------

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 28 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #18

ASF Immigrant

QUOTE (G36fanatic... @ May 28 2010, 04:00 PM) *
it's cool to hear stuff like that from active service men.

I was reading up on the recondo requirements, and I knew you had to have a full set of gear and 9 standard mags, but do you really have to wear FULL ACU? I'd love to go but im not gonna drop $300 on a whole new loadout just to go to recondo. I hate ACU with a passion anyway since I can see it a mile away on the MF field.

I'll be there for sure this weekend if anyone else is going.

Darn it, I just found out I have family coming up for the holiday weekend, so I can't make the Sunday game.

As for the ACU requirements, I like ACU myself, and think it works fine. But I know you can take the RECONDO class in ANY uniform, they just don't let you graduate unless you have the ACU loadout. But the classes I have been to guys are wearing multicam, woodland, anything. And to me, getting the KNOWLEDGE and TRAINING is more important than any uniform requirement.
The MF site says the next RECONDO class is JUN6, and I'll be there for sure.

I would LOVE to find a game soon after the class. I like the MF guys, but once a month is just a hard timetable for me to meet. I would love to find a field that has a more "open" schedule. You know, like I suddenly have a weekend free and could find a game going on somewhere. I'm willing to drive to anywhere in the greater bay area, cause I'n just foolish like that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
G36fanatic...
post May 28 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #19

ASF Citizen

Honestly, unless ACU is all you have, you don't want to wear it to MF. It blends horribly there in my experiences there.

As for finding other games, I think Fort Ord has games once a month(as an option for you) and if you don't mind the looong drive, CQB city has games every Saturday or Sunday I think. But that's up in stockton which, if IIRC is about 3 hours from Monterey.

--------------------

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 29 2010, 01:11 AM
Post #20

ASF Immigrant

I agree, the brush and grass in Moss Landing lend themselves terribly to ACU. But it works pretty well most other places. And since I already spent the money on them, as you already said, not happy about shelling out a bunch of money for a full load out in multicam.

I thought CQB was in San Jose? But just looking at their site, you are correct. Still, I would drive 3 hours for a day of play...the drive home might me tough though. But I would do it for a day of fun. Would be more fun if I could get a few guys together and have a nice group day run.

I'll be taking the class next weekend, on the 6th, but perhaps a week or two after that. Anyone want to setup a get together? I'll bring the vodka...

--------------------

+Quote Post
loonyrussian
post May 29 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #21

ASF Immigrant

Besides, I have all my Navy patches and stuff for ACU...do you have any idea how hard it can be to find some of this stuff??

--------------------

+Quote Post
B1oodclaw
post Aug 23 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #22

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 62,852

Add Feedback for B1oodclaw

There is also ARC Airsoft located in Hollister, CA. The web address is www.arcairsoft.com

This post has been edited by B1oodclaw: Aug 23 2011, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:56 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3