Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

> 

"Which Gun Should I get" questions and voting polls are now allowed as long as you have searched the forums and discussion board to make sure that you are not asking the same question that has been asked over and over otherwise you're gonna look silly and probably get flamed for it.

> Plate Carrier Or Chest Rig
Plate carrier or chest rig
which do you like more? Plate carrier or chest rig? (other?)
Plate carrier [ 7 ] ** [70.00%]
Chest rig [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
suicidepie
post Apr 5 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 47,239

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for suicidepie

Which do you like more?

Plate carrier or chest rig?

This wasn't made for my own benefit or anything.

Just curious to see what the majority of the airsofting community prefers.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
OpSic66
post Apr 5 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #2

كافر Extraordinaire

Member No.: 18,141

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for OpSic66

I personally prefer chest rigs. More mobility in them, and less weight in some cases. I despise plate carriers for the simple reason of you can't feel hits. I understand the point of realism, but this just brings an excuse for cheating.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jackel12
post Apr 5 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 37,143

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Jackel12

I voted plate carriers.

If you get shot on your chest rig you still won't feel it because there is something more than just a shirt between you and the pellet, so you shouldn't really use that as an excuse.

Plate carriers tend to be more expensive, which is the only con in my opinion since they usually don't come with pouches.

The main reason why I voted plate carriers is you can completely customize what pouches you will add.

I tried on a chest rig once to see which one I preferred for feel and I didn't really care for it. It seemed like it hung out a lot more in the front, plus the pouches it had were just not necessary for what I normally play (I'm a shotgunner & ambush sniper).

Your role/position plays a big part on whether you prefer a chest rig or plate carrier too, so my opinion probably doesn't really matter to most people, but I care more about maneuverability, not how many mags you can carry, and the chest rig I tried just didn't seem to fit my body very well.

This post has been edited by Jackel12: Apr 5 2009, 10:52 PM

--------------------
If anyone, even a friend, ever walks up to me and says "O.M.G look at that sniper on the shelf. Its so big it must hurt really bad and shoot like 300 feet," I will punch them in the face as hard as I can (plus I have really prominent knuckles), point at them and tell them "No," and walk away as they lay on the ground crying.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:33 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3