Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Practical experience with youth/small tactical vests?
MrEMan
post Jan 31 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 54,690

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for MrEMan

My son (13 years old, relatively tall and slender) is looking for a tactical vest ... from experience, the one size fits most tactical vests (such as UTG) don't adjust well enough to fit without bouncing around uncomfortably. I've searched for suggestions but most seem pretty old (2+ years ago), so I'm looking for recommendations for current brands/sites that carry tactical vests that you know adjust well enough to fit a slender frame. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shakespeare
post Jan 31 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #2

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 51,046

Add Feedback for shakespeare

QUOTE (MrEMan @ Jan 31 2010, 04:52 PM) *
My son (13 years old, relatively tall and slender) is looking for a tactical vest ... from experience, the one size fits most tactical vests (such as UTG) don't adjust well enough to fit without bouncing around uncomfortably. I've searched for suggestions but most seem pretty old (2+ years ago), so I'm looking for recommendations for current brands/sites that carry tactical vests that you know adjust well enough to fit a slender frame. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Finding vests for smaller guys is a pretty rough job. I know guys that are older than him (but slim) who still have problems finding tactical vests. I think that the issue is that most vests are designed for(or copies of vests designed for) military and law enforcement professionals, which are generally pretty big guys.

One thing you could do is take a tactical vest, and just pull out the adjustment ties and sew them into the back wherever is adjusted right. You will need a pretty burly sewing machine if it is a strong, tactical nylon though.

Another option is the ALICE belt system (also sometimes called LC-2). It is basically an adjustable stiff belt that you can attach pouches (for ammo, canteens, utility pouches, etc). You can combine it with a Y-harness (suspenders designed for it) if more support is needed. The great thing about these is how tight they can tighten down, and they are very cheap too. You can get them at any military surplus store, and maybe some airsoft stores. It doesn't quite have the cool factor of tactical vests and gear like that, but it holds the bare essentials and is cheap, light, and comfy. The military uses it for training and some special forces-type units take it on recon missions, if reality is a motivator for the vest purchase. It's my preferred rig when it gets hot out or when I need to crawl a lot or loan it to a friend.

+Quote Post
Egiam
post Feb 1 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 49,120

Add Feedback for Egiam

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/cr_7pocket_chest_rig.aspx

I recommend this^ I have actual experience with it.

--------------------
"We are not retreating- we are advancing in another direction" -General Douglas Macarthur

+Quote Post
dawnairsoftteam
post Feb 1 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 50,415

Add Feedback for dawnairsoftteam

Check out this: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=26986 . Saw many reviews on it and most say it fits very slender and thinner people. OR you can go with a load bearing system like ALICE if you want. This one just makes a more modern look.

--------------------
external website links are not allowed except by paid advertisers, please use your profile page.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3