KWAboi1
post Jun 14 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #1

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Free
Member No.: 57,712
SOA Name: KWAboi1

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 11 (100%)
Add Feedback for KWAboi1

The ASF chat rooms have seemed to died off in the recent months. Even when people post, "Come chat with me in 30 minutes" no one goes on. I want to create a grid, or schedule for specific chat times for everyone to see. Hopefully we can pin this thread or schedule to get more people to see it. By doing this we can publicize a national schedule (amongst ASF members) showing times to go on ASF chat. This way people can know a specific chat time where a decent traffic of people will enter the chat room. Additional to this, I want to make different chat days for specific subjects. For example, tech Tuesday at 4:30 PCT. People can go on at that specific date to discuss a topic or get an answer. I'm going to make a schedule, but of course, I need people to give input so I can finalize a permanent schedule. Now I want to pick a time, considering different time zones that will be favorable to most everyone. Right now its the summer, so the time schedule is more flexible. Of course when school starts we need a time more towards the evening. I want to only do 2 main chat times a day. I also don't want a time frame. People can chat however long they want to. Having a time-frame means people getting on at different times which makes it harder to have to get a good amount of people together on chat. Too many people will pick different ones and amount of people on chat is small. Since this schedule is destined to change a bit before finalized I will need a mod to help me edit it. In my chart I'm putting PCT and EST time because there is the biggest time margin. CST and MST will fit in-between. Additionally here is a time zone chart for the United States: Time Zone Chart

///////////////////////////////////////// MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY

4:00 PM PCT or 7:00 PM EST // General Chat / Tech Talk / Gas Guns / Free Discussion / Loadout/Gear / General Chat / Events
6:00 PM PCT or 9:00 PM EST // General Chat / Tech Talk / Gas Guns / Free Discussion / Loadout/Gear / General Chat / Events

Now here is my time frame for a week, now you tell me what events or discussion topics you want inside. If you have any ideas please share them and give me suggestions. Hopefully we can get the finalized, publicized, and pinned by a mod.

This post has been edited by KWAboi1: Jun 14 2011, 08:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Admiral*Fury
post Jun 14 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Group: Elite
Member No.: 61,180
SOA Name: Admiralfury

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 1 (100%)
Add Feedback for Admiral*Fury

Great idea OP, how about something like:

Monday - Sunday - General Airsoft Chat, Help New Members, etc.
And more specifically, -
Monday - General Upgrades and Tech (Ex. What type of bucking should I put in my G&G Combat Machine?)
Tuesday - New Releases and Game Tactics (Ex. "______ has created a new version of the _____, and it will now shoot >9000 feet farther, and groupings are within .2 inches!", or "If you hide behind walls, you generally won't get shot by 6mm, or occasionally 8mm, plastic BBs fired from airsoft guns.")
Wednesday - Gas Day (Classic Airsoft, Gas Pistols, GBBs, HPA tanks, etc.)
Thursday - Brainstorm! (Come up with original ideas for airsoft, and see what other people think of them)
Friday - Loadout/Gun Set-Up Day (Tell other people about your loadout and what its based off of, then tell them about your primary airsoft gun and what you've done with it)
Saturday - Fun day (Talk about whatever you want, as long as its appropriate!)
Sunday - Upcoming Airsoft Games, Field Ideas, etc. (The name says it all)

Of course, this probably won't be the actual schedule, but at least it's a start. I think that the 2 chat times that you gave would be perfect (4:00 PM PCT/7:00 PM EST and 6:00 PM PCT/9:00 PM EST). The chats would probably last ~30-60 minutes each.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KWAboi1
post Jun 14 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #3

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for KWAboi1

thanks for the input, I'll add it in. I'm not sure if I want to do this, so I need more input. Do you guys want the 2 different chat topics a day or the 2 chat schedules to be the same. The reason for having different times is because everyone has a different schedule and I want to spread out the chat times amongst the time zones.

This post has been edited by KWAboi1: Jun 14 2011, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
airborne101
post Jun 16 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #4

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 39,247

My Temperament:Melancholy
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 23 (100%)
Add Feedback for airborne101

Getting a calander going about when chat will be most used is a great idea and would probably help repopulate chat.

The idea of having specific topics on specific days won't work though. They used this back when chat originally started and it quickly fell appart. People are going to talk about what they want to talk about, when they want to talk about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Star_folder
post Jun 16 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #5

Don't be a pansy.

Group: Moderator Level 2
Member No.: 48,885

My Temperament:2,5,7,10
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 5 (100%)
Add Feedback for Star_folder

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Jun 16 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Getting a calander going about when chat will be most used is a great idea and would probably help repopulate chat.

The idea of having specific topics on specific days won't work though. They used this back when chat originally started and it quickly fell appart. People are going to talk about what they want to talk about, when they want to talk about it.

^this.

And because I'm against one word posts, Pretty much exactly what airborne said. I support the idea, and Like the times, but regulating chat topics won't work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shlunka
post Jun 16 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 61,326

Add Feedback for shlunka

This sounds like a great idea, but the time zones may get confusing to some people, that chart should help with that. Really, we wouldn't need topics, because some people may not want to talk about upgrades or tech, and may just want to talk.

--------------------
Click HERE to join the ASF Chatroom!

+Quote Post
Dirk
post Jun 16 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #7

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 54,095

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Dirk

This is rather pathetic, why not just find a reasonably active chatroom rather than "scheduling".
Courtesy of an ex-asf-regular

--------------------
members of asc: making the mods drunkards one post at a time.

An Ode to Illoginub-possibly the greatest thread ever.

+Quote Post
Star_folder
post Jun 16 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #8

Don't be a pansy.

QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 16 2011, 12:59 PM) *
This is rather pathetic, why not just find a reasonably active chatroom rather than "scheduling".

Why go somewhere else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
shlunka
post Jun 16 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for shlunka

QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 16 2011, 12:59 PM) *

The chatroom is still pretty active, everytime I go in there now someone if not 2 or 3 people are in there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KWAboi1
post Jun 16 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #10

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Add Feedback for KWAboi1

I'll cut out the subjects then, and just leave the time frame. But I need a mod to edit it.

+Quote Post
pkuparker
post Jun 24 2011, 02:19 AM
Post #11

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 65,835

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for pkuparker

QUOTE (KWAboi1 @ Jun 14 2011, 12:22 AM) *
The ASF chat rooms have seemed to died off in the recent months. Even when people post, "Come chat with me in 30 minutes" no one goes on. I want to create a grid, or schedule for specific chat times for everyone to see. Hopefully we can pin this thread or schedule to get more people to see it. By doing this we can publicize a national schedule (amongst ASF members) showing times to go on ASF chat. This way people can know a specific chat time where a decent traffic of people will enter the chat room. Additional to this, I want to make different chat days for specific subjects. For example, tech Tuesday at 4:30 PCT. People can go on at that specific date to discuss a topic or get an answer. I'm going to make a schedule, but of course, I need people to give input so I can finalize a permanent schedule. Now I want to pick a time, considering different time zones that will be favorable to most everyone. Right now its the summer, so the time schedule is more flexible. Of course when school starts we need a time more towards the evening. I want to only do 2 main chat times a day. I also don't want a time frame. People can chat however long they want to. Having a time-frame means people getting on at different times which makes it harder to have to get a good amount of people together on chat. Too many people will pick different ones and amount of people on chat is small. Since this schedule is destined to change a bit before finalized I will need a mod to help me edit it. In my chart I'm putting PCT and EST time because there is the biggest time margin. CST and MST will fit in-between. Additionally here is a time zone chart for the United States: Time Zone Chart

///////////////////////////////////////// MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY

4:00 PM PCT or 7:00 PM EST // General Chat / Tech Talk / Gas Guns / Free Discussion / Loadout/Gear / General Chat / Events
6:00 PM PCT or 9:00 PM EST // General Chat / Tech Talk / Gas Guns / Free Discussion / Loadout/Gear / General Chat / Events

Now here is my time frame for a week, now you tell me what events or discussion topics you want inside. If you have any ideas please share them and give me suggestions. Hopefully we can get the finalized, publicized, and pinned by a mod.

I really like this idea, I am always looking to talk to fellow airsofters about the sport but can never find a way how to. please try and make it work, but make a time for people who have to work at night, like one at 10 or 11 am

+Quote Post
Star_folder
post Jun 24 2011, 07:23 AM
Post #12

Don't be a pansy.

I do try to get on every night at 7 and 9. however I usually end up forgetting, and not getting on until half an hour late.

I'll try to be more punctual and get on the chat room AT 7 est and 9 est.

--------------------

+Quote Post
J-man
post Jun 24 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #13

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 49,924

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 20 (88.5%)
Add Feedback for J-man

I think its me, Star and Eat my m4 are on. but I rember the days with 20+ people on and most of the time just chillin and chattin.

--------------------
Lover of Long guns and guns that go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPop!

+Quote Post
Star_folder
post Jun 24 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #14

Don't be a pansy.

QUOTE (J-man @ Jun 24 2011, 03:13 PM) *
I think its me, Star and Eat my m4 are on. but I rember the days with 20+ people on and most of the time just chillin and chattin.

yeah, good times, good times.

If it means anything to anyone, I should be on for the rest of the day. Feel free to drop in and say hey.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shlunka
post Apr 15 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Add Feedback for shlunka

Why yes, I do realize this is a necro. Now that that's out of the way, I just figured I'd bring this back up. As when it was first posted, chat was almost always 4-5 people in when I entered, and I remember once we had 12 or 13 on. I figured if it worked the first time, reviving this thread could help do it a second. Times are already reasonable, and I'll try to start getting on everyday at 7pm EST. Thanks, and don't forget to drop in. ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBSlinger
post Apr 16 2012, 07:15 AM
Post #16

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 60,971

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for BBSlinger

Me and Hunter94 are almost on everyday during the night like 7 EST - 10/9 EST. So be there or be Square.

--------------------
SIGNATURE.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:56 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3