to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here
> USR-11 Spring to HPA/CO2 conversion?, pending project
bobgengeskahn
post Jul 18 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 50,193

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for bobgengeskahn

Hello all,

Before you start to flame me on this let me clarify that this is a SPRING rifle at the moment and I am trying to convert it to CO2, and I have not seen anything quite like it in the many searches I have done (maybe I'm blind). I know there are quite a few GG to CO2 or HPA conversions out there, but this is what I'm working with. I have been lurking this forum and others for a long time contemplating this project and finally bought the rifle last week and have been playing with it trying to visualize what I'm going to do before I start drilling holes in it.

It is a previously owned VSR-11 spring that I want to change to CO2 and make it look as clean as possible. Ideally there will only be an HPA/ASA hook up on the bottom of the stock when I'm done with it.

The major problem that I am having in the design process is converting the spring trigger to operate some kind of valve for the CO2. I have contemplated eletric valves, but they are too big or aren't able to handel the pressure (~300 PSI).

If I don't get flamed and there is an interest maybe I will post more details on the actual gas system, but right now the problem is the trigger.

( sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure if it should go in the "upgrades and mods" or the "sniper rifle" forum)

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BoNZi
post Jul 19 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #2

SR-16 PwNer :)

Group: user_has_broken_email
Member No.: 39,828

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 3 (100%)
Add Feedback for BoNZi

Sorry to say, but the durability of a plastic springer will not withstand the pressures of gas. I really do not see how you plan to make a rig because spring guns have very limited spacing and such.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:20 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3