Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upgraded bar 10 questions/help
Bomb has been pl...
post Nov 5 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #1

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 60,821

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 4 (100%)
Add Feedback for Bomb has been planted

I bought a very upgraded bar-10 off ebay 2 weeks ago. The gun was a steal because it had almost all laylax parts, a good scope and bipod for $300 but the seller was really unhelpful. After taking the gun apart and cleaning it yesterday I could tell it was some guy who had the gun built for him with pretty much no expense spared and then never cleaned it/took it apart again. As far as the parts in the gun: I know for sure it has a laylax reinforced piston, laylax cylinder head, polar star spring guide, laylax spring guide stopper, laylax upgraded hop up, and airsoft gi sears. It has an upgraded hard hopup bucking (unknown brand) and aftermarket barrel. Seller told me it was a laylax 6.01.. but laylax doesn't make a 6.01 so he doesn't even know. Gun also has an unknown spring. I chronoed it yesterday and got about 468 fps with G&G .2s and just over 400 fps with BB king .32s. Consistency was really good (all shots within 1 fps of average) so compression looks solid.

Current issues:
FPS is low. I'm not completely sure but I think the spring is a laylax 130sp or somewhere in the ballpark. I'm looking to have just over 500 fps ish with this gun. I don't want a 170sp because I heard that would probably destroy the stock trigger and that would probably put me north of 550 fps (limit for my matches). I'm trying really hard to find a 150sp for sale but it's out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone know where it is in stock, and if not can you recommend a pdi/other brand spring of similar strength?

No idea what the tbb is. Is there any way to determine the diameter/brand? Will post pictures later if needed.

No idea what the scope/bipod are. Will definently post pics later. I need to know these because I'm probably going to sell them even though they're painted in the same camo pattern as the gun.

I need better bbs. Right now I'm using black BB king .32s I got for cheap off of someone else on my team but I really need different ones because I hate hate HATE black bbs. What would you recommend for a top notch high powered sniper?

--------------------
There is no authority but yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sounguru
post Nov 5 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 55,210

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for sounguru

QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Nov 5 2010, 11:18 AM) *
I bought a very upgraded bar-10 off ebay 2 weeks ago. The gun was a steal because it had almost all laylax parts, a good scope and bipod for $300 but the seller was really unhelpful. After taking the gun apart and cleaning it yesterday I could tell it was some guy who had the gun built for him with pretty much no expense spared and then never cleaned it/took it apart again. As far as the parts in the gun: I know for sure it has a laylax reinforced piston, laylax cylinder head, polar star spring guide, laylax spring guide stopper, laylax upgraded hop up, and airsoft gi sears. It has an upgraded hard hopup bucking (unknown brand) and aftermarket barrel. Seller told me it was a laylax 6.01.. but laylax doesn't make a 6.01 so he doesn't even know. Gun also has an unknown spring. I chronoed it yesterday and got about 468 fps with G&G .2s and just over 400 fps with BB king .32s. Consistency was really good (all shots within 1 fps of average) so compression looks solid.

Current issues:
FPS is low. I'm not completely sure but I think the spring is a laylax 130sp or somewhere in the ballpark. I'm looking to have just over 500 fps ish with this gun. I don't want a 170sp because I heard that would probably destroy the stock trigger and that would probably put me north of 550 fps (limit for my matches). I'm trying really hard to find a 150sp for sale but it's out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone know where it is in stock, and if not can you recommend a pdi/other brand spring of similar strength?

No idea what the tbb is. Is there any way to determine the diameter/brand? Will post pictures later if needed.

No idea what the scope/bipod are. Will definently post pics later. I need to know these because I'm probably going to sell them even though they're painted in the same camo pattern as the gun.

I need better bbs. Right now I'm using black BB king .32s I got for cheap off of someone else on my team but I really need different ones because I hate hate HATE black bbs. What would you recommend for a top notch high powered sniper?

That right there says to me no don't increase the spring. I had those same sears snap with a 150 in less than 30 shots. I have a 170 with a M-trigger and 90 degree piston and I'm right at about 530 w .2's.

For BB's I like bioshots .3's

--------------------

WART - Washington Airsoft Recon Team now Recruiting
WART Airsoft
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3