Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anybody with a VFC HK416 that can help with disassembly?
X14Halo
post Jul 23 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #1

ASF Immigrant

Group: Member
Member No.: 84,269

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for X14Halo

I am having trouble doing 3 things....

1. I would like to separate the lower receiver from the upper. I took out both big pins, but the front receiver still won't slide off...I don't know what I am doing wrong.

2. I would like to remove the buffer tube in order to install a sling adapter...I see that I can take the screw out of the inside of the tube, but I have read that I will need to disconnect wires...etc...Is this true or can I just uncrew it and throw the sling adapter on with no issues, and then throw the buffer tube back on easily? Just asking ahead of time so I don't mess something up and end up not being able to put it back together easily.

3. I want to remove the orange tip...I think it might be glued on? How do I do this? I was reading that you could take a blowtorch to it to melt the glue and expand the metal...I did it with a lighter and it still would not unscrew. It says it is a negative thread type, so I'm assuming that means turn clockwise to loosen. I also read that you can dip the tip in boiling water and then it will unscrew, but I should take the inner barrel out first. In order to do this I need to separate the receivers which I am having trouble doing!

This post has been edited by X14Halo: Jul 23 2013, 01:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hunterseeker5
post Jul 23 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 57,940

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (100%)
Add Feedback for hunterseeker5

1) You shouldn't need to yank the rear pin. You should have been able to slide the upper FORWARD AND OFF, NOT UPWARD. To get the GB out though you'll need to punch the pin that holds the bolt catch in place and remove it and its associated arm.

2) You'll need to feed the wires through obviously, because you can't drive the metal ring that is your sling mount through the wires.

3) If its plastic who cares? Break it off. Grab it with a pipe wrench and torque that f*cker off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
X14Halo
post Jul 23 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #3

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 84,269

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for X14Halo

Unfortunately after removing the pin, it just will not budge. I can see that the front section is loose, but something in the back is holding it in place and I can't figure out what...
As for the flash hider, it is metal so I cannot break it off. I will try submerging it in boiling water for a few minutes and then try to take it off.

+Quote Post
EDI 1st
post Jul 23 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #4

"Red Comet"
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Free
Member No.: 63,597
SOA Name: EDI 1st

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 116 (100%)
Add Feedback for EDI 1st

You need to pull the charging handle back a bit.
A simple search of "VFC 416 disassemble" via Google will find you multiple videos showing how......

Flash hider, apply lot of torque.

--------------------
-Umbrella Armories LLC
Cal Poly Pomona Aerospace Engineering

Apparently I have too many guns to be listed in the signature.

+Quote Post
hunterseeker5
post Jul 23 2013, 06:22 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 57,940

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 2 (100%)
Add Feedback for hunterseeker5

QUOTE (EDI 1st @ Jul 23 2013, 06:41 PM) *
You need to pull the charging handle back a bit.
A simple search of "VFC 416 disassemble" via Google will find you multiple videos showing how......

Flash hider, apply lot of torque.

I mean yes, you're correct, but the charging handle stop is way back on the GB. Thats not a "barely budge" thats a "stuck most of the way off" problem methinks. No? I did think of that, but didn't think it matched the symptoms.

Damn right on the flash hider though. Check for a grub screw (you'll strip ALL the threads if you try to power off without removing it, but I assume you already checked for that) but if all else fails blow-torch that :boff:. Doing so will actually strip ALL the paint as well as the adhesive, so its ready for some black paint right after you get it off. Be sure to mask the threads. ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3