> Vfc Scar-h Review
srteelmessenger
post Aug 1 2008, 01:30 AM
Post #1

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Authorized Seller Elite
Member No.: 38,524

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 8 (100%)
Add Feedback for srteelmessenger

I apologize for the bad picture quality in advance, but was the best that I could do. I will make performance videos as soon as I can. Hope you enjoy.

Specifications:

Manufacturer: VFC
Gearbox
Type: Ver. 2

Accuracy: 150ft
Velocity: 350+ fps

Magazine Capacity: 500 rounds

Battery Pack Size: 9.6v mini (max)

Features:
Adjustable Cheek Rest
Polymer Lower Receiver
Functional Bolt & Release
Realistic Magazine Exterior
Replica SCAR Trigger
Flip-Up Front & Rear Sights
Adjustable Side Folding Stock
Integrated Uninterrupted Top Rail
Ambidextrous Magazine Release and Selector

The box:
When the box arrived the outside appearance was great and it felt very solid.

Heres what you get when you open it. I was supprised to see that the gun was only cushioned by some foam blocks and nothing else.

Heres some stickers that you get with it

This gun includes a 500rd Hicap magazine that is very well put together and has a nice finish.

The magazine differs from other 7.62 magazines. It is uniquely shaped and is VFCs personal design. The hicaps are only available now. To my knowledge this gun will not accept other magazines like the SR-25 and M14 mags.

It has a unique guide rail on the back which matches the magwell of the gun.

The VFC SCAR-H Gen. III.

The VFC SCAR-H at the moment only comes in the CQC (Close Quarters Combat Version) version, but you can buy aftermarket barrels to either make it the SV (Sniper Varsion) or STD (Standard Version) Version. The Conversion barrel for the CA SCAR is compatible with this gun if you would like the standard version.

Appearance and feel:
The paint finish on the upper receiver is very smooth and slick. It is made from CNC machined aluminum and is very light. The lower receiver, pistol grip, and stock are made from a material called glass-filled nylon which is used on the real steel. Unlike other scar replicas the colors of the parts on the gun closely match.

The gun comes standard with the CQC barrel with an abnormally long flash hider compared to regular M4 flash hiders.

Some of you might want to replace it, but since I got the HK version it also came with a nice detailed aluminum silencer that goes right over the flash hider.

In addition the HK version scar comes with the FN Herstal trademarks where as the US version does not. This gun is very solid and light with no unwanted squeaks or rattles.

Performance:
Out of the box the gun shoots 350fps+. The guns operation is very quiet and smooth. With a 9.6v 1600mah battery the gun has a nice 1200rpm+. The mags feed nice and smooth and can apparently handle the increased ROF. I have learned that this gun comes with VFCs self shimming gears, plastic spring guide, and plastic bushings which you will want to replace ASAP. The gun is very easy to dismantle and put back together. The wiring in the stock is overly extensive, cheap looking (thin), and has a giant fuse so that will need to replaced also.

The good thing about this gun is that is has no wires connecting the stock to the gearbox. It has hidden connectors in the hinge of the stock that connect the battery to the gearbox.

The gun is very accurate from 150ft away and has nice groupings. The hop-up is a clear plastic 2 piece hop-up that is very easy to adjust with the tool that detaches from the end of what would be the gas tube. This tool also takes apart most of the screws on this gun. I have heard around that this gun comes with a 6.05 tightbore stock. I am not sure if its true but it sure looks like it. This gun is compatible with most ver.2 gearbox parts and comes standard with their EG1300 motor, which is very quiet. I think the best thing about this gun is the bolt catch. It locks into place so you can adjust your hop-up and you can release it by pressing the button above the mag catch.

Hop-Up

Another good feature about this gun is that this gun can stay in the cocked postion.

It has a bolt release located above the mag catch.

The stock is nice and has a two postion adjustable cheek piece and a 6 positions for extension. It also can fold and has a very snug fit. Will not come off if shaken or rattled.

Conclusion:
Overall the detailing on this gun is amazing and will defiantly catch a few eyes on the field. It is the best SCAR replica on the market in my opinion. The gun is very light and maneuverable with very durable materials. The performance is one of the best you can get from a stock gun. The operation is very quiet and smooth. This gun is a must buy for any SCAR fan.

I will post accuracy tests as soon as I can. If you have any Questions or suggestions please let me know and I will see what I can do.

This post has been edited by srteelmessenger: Aug 1 2008, 01:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_rws591_*
post Aug 1 2008, 01:49 AM
Post #2

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for Guest_rws591_*

Just so you know, that abnormally large flash hider is to hide the abnormally large flash of a 7.62 gun. Nice review, but I don't think it is in depth enough to be approved.

+Quote Post
srteelmessenger
post Aug 1 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #3

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE (rws591 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:49 PM) *
Just so you know, that abnormally large flash hider is to hide the abnormally large flash of a 7.62 gun. Nice review, but I don't think it is in depth enough to be approved.

Thanks for that clarification, but I meant abnormally long as opposed to a standard M4 flash hider. We will let the admins decide whether it get approved or not. If not I can always add. a-thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
CMP
post Aug 1 2008, 07:14 AM
Post #4

Im a bystander, a motivator....

Group: Elite
Member No.: 22,081

Add Feedback for CMP

You are on the right way for a good review.
However, there is some lack of information.
First, considering you have a nice camera to take pics, try taking pics of interesting areas: Battery compartment, barrel, inner barrel, field strip, GB. Try to show us things you consider interesting or important.

To each image, add a couple of lines of text explaining what you want to show us, and why you think that area is good/bad/important/interesting.
I suggest also taking some pictures of targets you shot with the gun to show the accuracy.
Do that, and this will be a very nice review. Take a look at approved reviews to get an idea of how it should look like. a-thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Props to Aquafina for the sig

If I advance.........follow me. If I stop......urge me on. If I retreat........kill me. Kaibiles, Guatemalas Special Forces

+Quote Post
srteelmessenger
post Aug 1 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #5

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE (CMP @ Aug 1 2008, 04:14 AM) *
You are on the right way for a good review.
However, there is some lack of information.
First, considering you have a nice camera to take pics, try taking pics of interesting areas: Battery compartment, barrel, inner barrel, field strip, GB. Try to show us things you consider interesting or important.

To each image, add a couple of lines of text explaining what you want to show us, and why you think that area is good/bad/important/interesting.
I suggest also taking some pictures of targets you shot with the gun to show the accuracy.
Do that, and this will be a very nice review. Take a look at approved reviews to get an idea of how it should look like. a-thumbsup.gif

Alright will do! I will upload the updated version later today.

+Quote Post
Sailem
post Aug 1 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 29,184

Add Feedback for Sailem

can you also make a accuracy test? and post the pics of it plizzzz

thank you

--------------------
Faith is My Shield - Saillem
Airsoft ratio 2009 k/d: 271 - 38

From Left to right: ARES DSR-1 ; custom SR25k ; JG G36C ; USP .45 Match grade gbb

Gun pixel art site: http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~avro504/teppoo/menue.html
Or pixel art album: http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/Saillem/Pixel%20art/

+Quote Post
srteelmessenger
post Aug 1 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #7

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Review Updated. I will make performance vids as soon as I can.

+Quote Post
CMP
post Aug 1 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Im a bystander, a motivator....

Member No.: 22,081

Add Feedback for CMP

Now its better.

Ill approve it, but I suggest taking those performance pics/vids.

--------------------

Props to Aquafina for the sig

If I advance.........follow me. If I stop......urge me on. If I retreat........kill me. Kaibiles, Guatemalas Special Forces

+Quote Post
srteelmessenger
post Aug 1 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #9

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Alright, I'll make thoses vids/pics ASAP. I will also attempt to replace some of the bad pics on here to. Thanks.

+Quote Post
JohnnyMadDog
post Aug 2 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #10

ASF Immigrant

Member No.: 41,297

Add Feedback for JohnnyMadDog

Wow. That's a beautiful gun. I normally hate SCARs, but honestly, that thing is sexeh.

+Quote Post
srteelmessenger
post Aug 5 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #11

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

Update. I just got a new camera and ordered special shooting targets that will be coming later this week. I just upgraded the gun with a systema M120s spring and prometheus 455mm tightbore. I found out that this gun comes with metal bushings and a plastic spring guide that looks more like a ver. 3 spring guide than a ver.2. The gun will not accept systema hop buckings or any other thick type buckings. The gun is shooting at 400fps and the rof has increased by at least 150rpm, but don't know how. I fired 10 shots at 150ft with less than 5mph winds and hit the target 9/10 times which was 4in in diameter. Hopefully I will post performance vids by the end of this week.

+Quote Post
goldeneye007airs...
post Aug 7 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #12

This... is my BOOMSTICK

Member No.: 37,777

Add Feedback for goldeneye007airsoft

Great review. My cousin is looking into one.

--------------------

My WE SCAR Initial Overview

My A&K M249 Review

My "s" button only works sporadically, so please forgive any typos. Thanks!

+Quote Post
mattdk
post Aug 7 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #13

"I Remember What You Wore On The First Day"

Member No.: 35,720

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 78 (100%)
Add Feedback for mattdk

Did you do the coke can chrono, or do you have a real chrono?

--------------------

^IDM^

+Quote Post
srteelmessenger
post Aug 8 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #14

ASF Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE (mattdk @ Aug 7 2008, 08:47 AM) *
Did you do the coke can chrono, or do you have a real chrono?

I personally don't have a chrono, but the local airsoft shop called pinnacle airsoft told me is was dead on 400fps after the upgrades.

+Quote Post
Sailem
post Aug 9 2008, 05:41 AM
Post #15

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 29,184

Add Feedback for Sailem

*cough* FN SCAR's are not to be compared to M-series as they are totaly different *cough*

FN HERSTAL<3 Belgiums finest, in my eyes best guns every build together with H&K+ I live at like 20mins from FN HERSTAL a-laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sailem: Aug 9 2008, 05:43 AM

--------------------
Faith is My Shield - Saillem
Airsoft ratio 2009 k/d: 271 - 38

From Left to right: ARES DSR-1 ; custom SR25k ; JG G36C ; USP .45 Match grade gbb

Gun pixel art site: http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~avro504/teppoo/menue.html
Or pixel art album: http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/Saillem/Pixel%20art/

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3