Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

airsoft forum and discussion board

to add your 468x60 banner, pay ad zone 1
Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
Bookmark and Share

to place your ad here in Zone 3, click here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What battery size/configuration/voltage for a G&P M4?
jombojuice22
post May 13 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #1

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 76,056

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for jombojuice22

I think this ought to be a commonly asked question but I searched google and airsoftforum.com and couldn't find any recent specific information, so...

I just bought a G&P m4 on evike, the full metal with collapsible stock: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=37369

I'm just wondering what battery I should buy for it? The website says "8.4v Small Butterfly Type" is recommended, but I see no mention of the "butterfly" configuration on cheapbatterypacks.com custom battery maker. I'm also skeptical about 8.4v being enough voltage, as my GR25 with stock spring wouldn't cycle with the stock 8.4v battery (had to go to 9.6v).

Can someone who has handled this version of the gun speak to how much room there is in the battery compartment?

And I think I should probably go with a 9.6v or 10.8v to pull what's probably a stock ~M100-M110 spring with a M120 motor?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZERGSOMG
post May 13 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #2

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 73,523

Add Feedback for ZERGSOMG

You would run a crane stock or nunchuck battery such as http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=24476. The battery is also a deans connection as it says on the product description; don't buy batteries with tamiya plugs! Its still a standard size battery. About the spring not cycling, was your battery charged? A 8.4 volt should run fine; however a 9.6v is still preferable. You may need a mosfet to run a 10.8v battery.

--------------------
A&K SPR Carbine-dead
CA ECR-4-M95 spring, otherwise stock
This is my signature. -self referencing signature
This sentence is false. -self referencing paradox

+Quote Post
jombojuice22
post May 13 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 76,056

Add Feedback for jombojuice22

QUOTE (ZERGSOMG @ May 13 2012, 11:47 PM) *
You would run a crane stock or nunchuck battery such as http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=24476. The battery is also a deans connection as it says on the product description; don't buy batteries with tamiya plugs! Its still a standard size battery. About the spring not cycling, was your battery charged? A 8.4 volt should run fine; however a 9.6v is still preferable. You may need a mosfet to run a 10.8v battery.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see that it is Deans which is awesome!

Yeah the battery was charged. It might have just been that the stock battery had a low discharge rate or something, I don't know. On that note, I just dropped a M120 spring into that GR25 and bought a G&PM120 motor for it, along with a 10.8 battery to try to increase the crummy trigger response... Maybe another case of me not doing enough research beforehand - I never really understood what a mosfet was or why it would be needed. I did a bit of research just now and it seems like there is conflicting information - some people say you need it for 10.8 and some say they've been using 10.8's for years with no issues. I suppose I can always just wait for the trigger contacts to give out and THEN buy one, or open up the gearbox after a bit and see how the contacts are holding up / clean them if need be.

As for the M4 battery, 9.6v it is then, I guess. I honestly would prefer a lower RoF than it will probably have anyways for the sake of realism and conserving BBs. I was mostly just worried about the battery fitting, as I had to go for the 4/5sc batteries with my GR25... I would love to the use the sc sized 5000mah elite batteries but that puts the two longer columns of batteries at 5.1 inches. I'm just a bit worried because it says "small" butterfly is recommended. However, "butterfly" appears to be a nunchuck configuration whereas crane stock has 3 stacks of batteries, allowing it to stay shorter for the same amount of batteries.

+Quote Post
ZERGSOMG
post May 14 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #4

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 73,523

Add Feedback for ZERGSOMG

Yup. I have an crane stock SPR carbine and an Intellect 9.6v 1600mah nunchuck and it works perfectly, albeit it needs a plastic holder to make the battery not jiggle in the stock. I care, because I have like OCD but its not a major issue, especially if your gun came with the plastic holder already. Also, a mosfet is a circuit that lets your gun use power more efficiently and is needed on higher voltage setups or on lipo setups. Small battery means small tamiya plug. No idea why they wrote that on a gun wired to deans though...

--------------------
A&K SPR Carbine-dead
CA ECR-4-M95 spring, otherwise stock
This is my signature. -self referencing signature
This sentence is false. -self referencing paradox

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:20 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3