Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kwa Glock Trigger Safety
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs
Flipz
I have seen many people ask where they can purchase the trigger safety for KWA Glocks. KWAUSA.com carries them for $4.25 plus shipping and it includes the trigger safety pin as well. Its a pretty good deal if you ask me. Although there are no pictures on KWAUSA.com it does state the parts numbers of 60 & 61 which are the trigger safety and trigger safety pin in the KWA Glock Manual.

http://store.kwausa.com/partsm17m18cm19m23...eset-1-1-2.aspx

Directions for installing the trigger safety can be found in this thread thanks to NOSintake, deathstroke1, and M1911.org:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Kwa-Ksc-...ion-t79887.html

Hope this helps anyone looking to install a trigger safety on their KWA Glock.
edenicity
thats an awesome find. ive been trying to get one of those for a couple months.

I guess its new, thanks!
Flipz
QUOTE (edenicity @ Sep 15 2008, 11:38 AM) *
thats an awesome find. ive been trying to get one of those for a couple months.

I guess its new, thanks!

Yea Im glad I found it. Just remember that you need to use the trigger that came with your KWA Glock. It only comes with the actual safety and safety pin.

So after you take the trigger assembly out of your KWA Glock you just need to install the trigger safety onto the existing trigger and secure it with the trigger safety pin. Then just reinstall the entire assembly back into the frame.

I wish you could just leave the entire trigger assembly attached to the frame and install it but I don't think there is enough room to do it without removing the trigger assembly from the frame.
edenicity
its not a big deal, just pull the pins from the trigger assembly and the hammer assembly and the whole thing comes right out.

thanks for the tip
Treble
You can actually leave the trigger in the frame while installing the trigger safety. I've done that to my KWA Glocks (3 of them). What I did was take the slide off, then using a set of pliers to set the trigger safety into the trigger from the top of the opened frame. Then putting the pin into the hole when the safety and trigger are aligned. I chose to do the installation on the floor rather than a table so even when the pin falls, I won't lose it.

But if you prefer to take the trigger out first, that's fine too. It might be easier too, but just letting you know it's possible without taking the gun apart.
edenicity
ill figure it out once its in front of me. I just need this thing to get here.

on a scale of 1-10 how well does the trigger safety work? im glad to get one since in order the take the gun off safety (g18c) I have to pull the slide back and set the... mejigger... thing. takes alot more time than it should
Flipz
QUOTE (imphranki @ Sep 15 2008, 02:42 PM) *
You can actually leave the trigger in the frame while installing the trigger safety. I've done that to my KWA Glocks (3 of them). What I did was take the slide off, then using a set of pliers to set the trigger safety into the trigger from the top of the opened frame. Then putting the pin into the hole when the safety and trigger are aligned. I chose to do the installation on the floor rather than a table so even when the pin falls, I won't lose it.

But if you prefer to take the trigger out first, that's fine too. It might be easier too, but just letting you know it's possible without taking the gun apart.

Thats definitley what Im gonna do. I didnt want to take the trigger assembly out and your way seems to be the best way to keep things in place and get the job done. Thanks man.
Treble
edenicity - The trigger safety has 2 things, it adds middle bar to the trigger and there's a little nub that touches the frame. When the middle bar is pressed, the nub moves up and away from the frame, allowing you to fire the gun. If you try to pull the trigger from the side (without touching the middle bar), you shouldn't be able to because the nub is pushing against the frame.

To me, the trigger safety is more for aesthetics because I store my guns with the hammer down and uncocked. I can't honestly give you a number because after a year or couple of years depending on how well you take care of your gun, the nub might not stick to the frame. The whole KSC/KWA safety is made of plastic, unlike the real Glock, which has a spring in the trigger.

Flipz - Yea, just be careful not to lose the little pin. Try to work in an area that if you drop it, you can still find it.
Flipz
QUOTE (imphranki @ Sep 15 2008, 04:24 PM) *
edenicity - The trigger safety has 2 things, it adds middle bar to the trigger and there's a little nub that touches the frame. When the middle bar is pressed, the nub moves up and away from the frame, allowing you to fire the gun. If you try to pull the trigger from the side (without touching the middle bar), you shouldn't be able to because the nub is pushing against the frame.

To me, the trigger safety is more for aesthetics because I store my guns with the hammer down and uncocked. I can't honestly give you a number because after a year or couple of years depending on how well you take care of your gun, the nub might not stick to the frame. The whole KSC/KWA safety is made of plastic, unlike the real Glock, which has a spring in the trigger.

Flipz - Yea, just be careful not to lose the little pin. Try to work in an area that if you drop it, you can still find it.

I want it more for aesthetics also. And yea after replacing the inner barrel I know all about working with little pins. I use my desk and take large sheets of paper taped together with the ends curled up so nothing can roll off the desk if I drop something.

I will be doing the trigger safety installation and also ordering a trademarked slide. At first I didnt really care about a trademarked slide but now I want one. So after both of those additions it will look more like a real Glock except for the frame not having trademarks and patent numbers or whatever, which I really don't care about.

Thanks for the tip about keeping everything in place and just installing the trigger saftey through the frame. I really didnt want to remove the entire assembly and have to reinstall the springs.

I'll let you guys know how it turms out once I get all the parts delivered and installed.
Flipz
Just got the trigger safety today from KWAUSA.com and the installation took only about 5 mins.

Thanks imphranki, I took your advice and just installed it by using a pair of tweezers to install it from the top of the frame. It took a couple attempts to get it in correctly. But after it was in the proper position the holes lined right up and I installed the trigger saftey pin. It works great. Thanks.

Heres the link to purchase the Trigger Safety and Trigger Safety Pin for the KWA Glocks from KWAUSA.com for anyone else interested in having it:

http://store.kwausa.com/partsm17m18cm19m23...eset-1-1-2.aspx

Next up is to receive/install the KSC Trademarked Metal Slide I ordered from Uncompany.com later in the week.
edenicity
im actually disappointed in the toyishness of it... but it looks good.

easy install.
Treble
Glad you guys got your KWA Glocks to look more like the real thing. It's nice that you added the link to Nosintake's thread so other people would find it. a-thumbsup.gif
Flipz
Yep, the install was very easy. I don't really think the feel of the trigger safety is "toyish" but I do think they could have replicated the real steel's trigger safety a little better. I'm not a big fan of the plastic spring they use to reset to trigger safety in the "safe" position. I don't know how long it is expected to last since I just got it but hopefully it will hold up well to wear & tear.

Overall Im very happy I got. It adds the much needed safety to the KWA Glocks and functions very well. I'm no longer worried about having my gun in the cocked and loaded position while it's in my Serpa holster. And for $4.25 it is a good deal. Although I paid more in shipping then for the actual part. HAHA. But I also ordered an extra pair of sights for when I get my KSC trademarked metal slide later this week. So overall I paid about $24 for the trigger safety & trigger safety pin, front sight, rear sight, and shipping. Not that bad I guess.
kimawashi
Dang for shipping it costs the same thing to ship it out to maryland?! wow, I might as well pick up the part from KWA themselves since I live in socal and el monte is like a 15 minute drive. Thanks for the tips though guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module