Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will G36c Mags Fit In M4 Mag Pouches?
Airsoft Forum > Accessories, Attachments, Gear and Supplies > Uniforms, Military Gear, BDUs
Doctor Kajita
Looks like they would. I've never seen G36 specific mag pouches
lolzwhoisitlolz
A double will hold 1 and a triple will hold 2.

www.tacticaltailor.com
Ice4600
QUOTE (lolzwhoisitlolz @ Oct 16 2008, 02:58 PM) *
A double will hold 1 and a triple will hold 2.

www.tacticaltailor.com

+1

but they can snag on the sides because of the mag clamp pins on the side of the mag. just don't yank them out an you will be fine.
Doctor Kajita
Thanks!
Vanguard/
or, you could also sand the tabs down as well.
stupidstupidpunk
Or connect all of your mags together and you will look so tacticool.

Nothing like a whole stack of 20 G36 mags clamped together.
suprafish
QUOTE (stupidstupidpunk @ Oct 16 2008, 09:48 PM) *
Or connect all of your mags together and you will look so tacticool.

Nothing like a whole stack of 20 G36 mags clamped together.

Lol

Sanding sounds like a good idea, it should work.
hXc_infantry
It's not just the tabs that get caught inside of the pouches. I used to have trouble with removing my G36 mags from my pouches and my weesatch because of the big protrusion near the top of the mag. I have no idea of what to call them though.

G36 mags fit well in AK mag pouches, I'm planning on buying a few later on.
StarvinMarvin
I use m4 pouches that hold 2 m4 magazines. The g36 mags nice and snug. They can be a little difficult to pull out if you have them right side up. You can put them in upside-down but then they are a little difficult to put in.
Ice4600
you can sand down the side tabs but then you may lose their purpose so its at your own discretion.
Republican
I do not like holding g36 mags in a m16 mag holder, the dimensions are different than each other so they don't fit well. I got a m16 magwell for my G36 because G36 designed mag pouches don't come cheap.

I like M16 mags since they are much cheaper, smaller and fit in more types of guns. Being an M16 fan (but g36 owner) it was of great use to me to go to m16 mags for when I get an m16.
Sniper_boy
QUOTE (Republican @ Oct 18 2008, 10:34 AM) *
I do not like holding g36 mags in a m16 mag holder, the dimensions are different than each other so they don't fit well. I got a m16 magwell for my G36 because G36 designed mag pouches don't come cheap.

I like M16 mags since they are much cheaper, smaller and fit in more types of guns. Being an M16 fan (but g36 owner) it was of great use to me to go to m16 mags for when I get an m16.

that is what I am doing to for the same reasons a-thumbsup.gif
stupidstupidpunk
C-mag anyone?

replaces the need for multiple magazines.
Republican
I don't bash anyone for using their favorite type of mag, but I personally hate high-cap auto-loading mags. Reason being is that I find reloading to be a part of combat. I'ts hard to explain, but there is a certain rush that you get when you have to change mags under fire. But again, thats just me.
suprafish
QUOTE (Republican @ Oct 18 2008, 07:49 PM) *
I don't bash anyone for using their favorite type of mag, but I personally hate high-cap auto-loading mags. Reason being is that I find reloading to be a part of combat. I'ts hard to explain, but there is a certain rush that you get when you have to change mags under fire. But again, thats just me.

Yeah, it's fun to me when you gotta reload under fire and reload or you gotta ask a buddy for a mag. It's more realistic and adds to the fun of the game. a-grin.gif
StarvinMarvin
QUOTE (stupidstupidpunk @ Oct 18 2008, 05:54 PM) *
C-mag anyone?

Ah! not C mags! I lost all hope for them when my buddy put one in his MP5k...
Ice4600
QUOTE (stupidstupidpunk @ Oct 18 2008, 04:54 PM) *
C-mag anyone?

The army and Marines thought of this in '04 and they fielded a limited amount of C-Mags and what they found was horrendous. The mags would not stop jamming and the soldiers to which they were issued just dropped them and switched back to standard 30 rounders. Also the magazine was so mechanically intricate that cleaning and unjamming required an extended period of time. also, they make the weapon much less maneuverable in close quarters.

Ice4600
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module