Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can A Large 8.4 Put Out More Volts Than A Small 9.6
Airsoft Forum > Accessories, Attachments, Gear and Supplies > Batteries
Airsoft1117
Well I am in the market looking for a new battery, and I was wondering wither I should go and get a new small 9.6 volt battery, for a nice little boost in ROF or should I just get another Large 8.4 volt with a larger mah. If I was to get a 9.6 I would have to get a new charger since mine only supports up to 7 cells. Also I have a fullstock m4 and reading some things, I don't think that a large 9.6 volt will be able to fit. So I was wondering if a high quality large 8.4 can put out more volts than a small 9.6
Kobun
Large 8.4v and small 9.6v have almost identical performance. Not a big difference at all. Go with the 8.4v large ;] Way too much of a hassle to get the 9.6v as you'll also have to buy a new charger.. and in the end it's not much of a difference in performance.
Airsoft1117
Ok thanks I also have the benifit of getting more mah with a large battery so it seem like it would be the right thing to go with the large 8.4

However I have another question, which is "can a large 9.6 fit into a m4 full stock?"
Kobun
QUOTE (Airsoft1117 @ Dec 8 2008, 05:40 PM) *
Ok thanks I also have the benifit of getting more mah with a large battery so it seem like it would be the right thing to go with the large 8.4

However I have another question, which is "can a large 9.6 fit into a m4 full stock?"

Nope. You will not be able to.
ah dinosaur!
whoa, let's stop this fallacy before it gets too far. an 8.4v WILL NOT give the same voltage as a 9.6v. 9.6 volts is greater than 8.4 volts no matter how big or small the cells are. It's the number of cells that determines the voltage.

airsoft cells are 1.2v each. bigger cells only mean they have more capacity.

and as far as I know, you actually can fit a 9.6v large. It's the 10.8v you'll have trouble with.
Airsoft1117
True that they are different cells, but I have a small type Tenergy 8.4v and compared to my large 8.4v it has a much slower rate of fire
Black Bullet
The larger cells for some reason do put out a few more volts but over all the 9.6v will shoot faster. I'v got an intellect 9.6 2000 mah which reads 10.6v fully charged and my friend has a 9.6v 4200 mah which reads 11.2v.
ah dinosaur!
QUOTE (Airsoft1117 @ Dec 8 2008, 08:48 PM) *
True that they are different cells, but I have a small type Tenergy 8.4v and compared to my large 8.4v it has a much slower rate of fire

let's compare apples to apples here. there are variation between the qualities of different brand and between specific batteries.

QUOTE (Black Bullet @ Dec 8 2008, 09:37 PM) *
The larger cells for some reason do put out a few more volts but over all the 9.6v will shoot faster. I'v got an intellect 9.6 2000 mah which reads 10.6v fully charged and my friend has a 9.6v 4200 mah which reads 11.2v.

all airsoft cells are advertised to be 1.2v, but most tend to come in at great than that in the total V as you have shown. larges do tend to come in a little hotter than smalls, but I think they keep it at a relative 1.2v for simplicity and the fact the that difference is quite minimal
NightWolf
A 9.6v battery will have a higher standing voltage than any 8.4v pack. If correctly selected for the rifle, a 9.6v battery of the equal capacity will have better performance over an equivelant 8.4v version. If, however, you compare a smaller capacity 9.6v battery to a larger capacity 8.4v pack, your results may differ. This has nothing to do with pack voltage though, at least not directly. The 8.4v pack does not store a higher voltage than the 9.6v pack...this can never be true; it only stores more capacity. However, when any battery is plugged into a load, in this case the gun is considered the load, the pack's voltage will drop under load. A smaller, possibly undersized 9.6v pack put under a strenuous load, such as a stock or modified rifle, could have its voltage drop below that of the larger 8.4v pack, as the small pack is attempting to supply the gun with the current it needs to fire. Larger capacity batteries are less altered by this effect, so they maintain their voltage under load better than smaller packs.

So it has nothing to do with pack voltage. It is all to do with the available current the pack can supply, as well as the amount of load your rifle puts on the battery pack.
Clinton
Volts give a higher rate of fire, amps tell you how long the battery will last. When fully charged the 8.4 will not have as high rof as the 9.6, but it may seems like the 8.4 is better because it hold its charge longer. Regardless, the 9.6 will have a higher rof as long as it has charge.
DM Hackle
it cannot put more volts, but it can produce a higher output rate leading to more power.
mr_kong
Depends on the discharge rate.
night4x
depends on discharge. If you get a crappy 9.6 mini and a super amazing awsome 8.4 large then the 8.4 would probably be better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module