Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Trigger Guard On A M4?
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Upgrades & Modifications
csczero
Im trying to remove the trigger guard, theres a spring loaded button on one side which is easy to remove but the other side seems to be a roll pin. I don't have a kit to remove it is there a way I can take it off.
hydralover
If you don't have access to a roll pin punch:
http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Files/Hou...20590935681.jpg

Make sure you have some superglue handy.
MasKila
I don't know how posting a picture of bolt cutters is helpful in any way... but the pin needs to be punched out. Be extremely careful as this can break the metal body if you don't support the back side as you're pounding the pin out.

I usually take a star bit of the same size and hit the end of the screwdriver with a rubber mallet to get the pin out.
hydralover
QUOTE (MasKila @ Apr 14 2009, 12:02 PM) *
I don't know how posting a picture of bolt cutters is helpful in any way... but the pin needs to be punched out. Be extremely careful as this can break the metal body if you don't support the back side as you're pounding the pin out.

I usually take a star bit of the same size and hit the end of the screwdriver with a rubber mallet to get the pin out.

The trigger guard pin is a roll pin. You can't punch out roll pins, or they will simply flatten out on one end and become impossible to punch out.

I posted the bolt cutters, because to remove the trigger guard, you can cut it. And you're going to need bolt cutters for that... It's pretty though.
Mp5man
Um... Well first you disengage the spring loaded button, then take a thin allen wrench or something that is slightly larger than the circumference of the roll pin, then just tap it out with a hammer.
Whorify
QUOTE (hydralover @ Apr 14 2009, 12:16 PM) *
The trigger guard pin is a roll pin. You can't punch out roll pins, or they will simply flatten out on one end and become impossible to punch out.

I posted the bolt cutters, because to remove the trigger guard, you can cut it. And you're going to need bolt cutters for that... It's pretty though.

what? you can use a punch set or anything close to the same size diameter of the roll pin to push out the pin. hammer lightly and it'll come out
hydralover
QUOTE (Whorify @ Apr 14 2009, 01:34 PM) *
what? you can use a punch set or anything close to the same size diameter of the roll pin to push out the pin. hammer lightly and it'll come out

Hm...didn't work for me. Had to bust out the bolt cutters after I tried to punch, drill, saw, etc.
Whorify
sometimes it could be insanely tight. but in plastic bodies, it's a breeze. some metal bodies is easy, G&P to me, was the hardest to add or remove a trigger guarder roll pin. fortunately some of us have presses to pop out an pin with ease :D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module