Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tm M14 Socom Vs. Ca M14 Scout
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs
kaiyak
So I am looking to buy one of these two relatively soon. I'm debating between these two and one of the biggest factors that has arisen is the price difference...It's about $100 more for the TM version which is only about 4mm shorter than the CA version. I was looking for some opinion on which one may be better, or information from people who may own one, or both of them..Thanks
hydralover
I know you didn't mention it, but why not G&G?
Vegas
TM M14 hop up > CA M14 hop up

TM M14's in my experience have much farther ranges than those of CA and G&G's.

Although G&G's are very nice....
ScoutSniper67
^^G&Gs are very nice. I have the SOC 16 and it's a great gun. Compared to the feel of my friends CYMA M14 (TM clone), the stock is beefier, and feels great to hold. The TM style stock is slimmer, that's because TM guns aren't made to real gun dimensions. So it depends on if you want better look and feel or better long term reliability. I say get the CA or G&G and save the $100 for mags and possible upgrades.
kaiyak
overall the thing I'm looking for most is performance, and of course long term reliability as I will be playing a lot this summer. I'm not so much of a fan of G&G so I think I'm going to stick with either CA or TM
hightower
TM!!!!!!!!!!
Tokyo Marui mags will be cheaper because you can use clone mags. There are no clone mags for G&G or CA.
Kevlar14
I'd get the TM, all the CA's I've seen were sub-par. They're not very good clones of the G&G.
sergantsnipes
G&G's are pretty amazing m14's they have much stronger internals and are basically pre upgraded. They have a great ROF and a working bolt catch which the TM lacks
YesOfficer
QUOTE (kaiyak @ Apr 30 2009, 11:17 PM) *
I'm not so much of a fan of G&G so I think I'm going to stick with either CA or TM

can I ask why? past experience? The newer 4th generation M14s are pretty amazing. The 1 and only downside is the magazine prices. I love mine to death.
namloot
I have a TM M14 OD (full size). TM M14s are about the most accurate stock AEGs, period (although the new G&P M14s, which are a 100% TM clone may top them). Left stock, they will last forever. I've seen a lot of M14s on my local field and non can touch a TM.

Good luck.

ScoutSniper67
QUOTE (YesOfficer @ May 1 2009, 05:05 PM) *
can I ask why? past experience? The newer 4th generation M14s are pretty amazing. The 1 and only downside is the magazine prices. I love mine to death.

The G&G can use CA mags, and they only cost $25 a piece. Not really a downside, considering the price of TM M14 hicaps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module