Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HK 417
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs
Smeethinator
So im just wondering if there is a HK 417 for airsoft. I know SRC was going to make one in 2007 but I never heard of it since.

Got any ideas if they still are or any other company is making one.

Thanks for any help.
DeltaLimaPapa
well you could take an SR25, and just swap out the front assembly and grip, and put on a crane stock, maybe a longer barrel, but the RIS is key, and you will need the risen picitanny rail, so just temp swap out with that 416 you have in your sig, something I like about these oddball guns, is you have to do a a bunch of custom work :D
WOCDMR'ist
It's not the same thing

It looks more like a larger G36 mag not an SR25 mag.
DeltaLimaPapa
QUOTE (WOCDMR'ist @ Jul 30 2009, 09:12 AM) *
It's not the same thing

It looks more like a larger G36 mag not an SR25 mag.

well they DO have a STANAG mag model ya know
Kamikaz3
You would have to custom make an HK417 if you wanted one, and it'd take a helluva lot of work and money. An affordable full metal HK417 with proper mags will always be on my want-to-buy list.
The Vainguard
The picture shown, is the latest varient of it. And in My opinion, looks like a SIG 552 Magazine.

Ive been trying to figure out the best way of going about this, and so far it seems as if the SR25 Lower and 416 upper would be the best choice. Although I am not quite sure if they are compatible or not. The VFC is not compatible with G&P but I havn't looks into the DBoys body.
Mental Medic
QUOTE (The Vainguard @ Jul 30 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Although I am not quite sure if they are compatible or not. The VFC is not compatible with G&P but I havn't looks into the DBoys body.

None of them will fit. The SR-25 has a longer magwell than a standard AR-15 variant.
DeltaLimaPapa
well... mags seem to be the biggest culprit, but I do believe the 417 takes stanag mags though.

DeltaLimaPapa
BUMP / stanag?
The Vainguard
I know DBoys sells the RAS... So maybe you can just put the RAS on a SR25, but I don't know for sure.
Mental Medic
QUOTE (DeltaLimaPapa @ Jul 30 2009, 11:21 PM) *
BUMP / stanag?

Dude, that's not a STANAG. That's a proprietary magazine for an AR-10.
DeltaLimaPapa
QUOTE (Mental Medic @ Jul 31 2009, 03:00 AM) *
Dude, that's not a STANAG. That's a proprietary magazine for an AR-10.

well it looked like a short STANAG mag to me :\
jonathanMP5
any magazine from an AR15/M15, G36, or Sig wont work, those weapons are 5.56, and the HK417 is a .308 (or 7.62X51) a much larger round...so it wouldn't have the same look
Nakovalski
QUOTE (Smeethinator @ Jul 26 2009, 03:17 PM) *
So im just wondering if there is a HK 417 for airsoft. I know SRC was going to make one in 2007 but I never heard of it since.

Got any ideas if they still are or any other company is making one.

Thanks for any help.

I was shown several pictures of an airsoft hk417, in which I am also interested in buying, I am not sure
what brand is going to make it nor when, but it is definitely an airsoft hk417. Hope I helped!
a-grin.gif
Linglingjr
QUOTE (Nakovalski @ Feb 22 2011, 12:38 AM) *
I was shown several pictures of an airsoft hk417, in which I am also interested in buying, I am not sure
what brand is going to make it nor when, but it is definitely an airsoft hk417. Hope I helped!
a-grin.gif

necro post check the dates 2 years old reported.
airborne101
Please check the dates before posting. This thread is from 2009.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module