Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: xm8 magazine vs g36 magazine
Airsoft Forum > General > General Discussion
dakotawillis
I just put a g36 magazine into my xm8, and it didnt work. they look the exact same. do I need to buy a separate xm8 mag or should the g36 mag work.

note: the only xm8 magazine I can find is both g36 and xm8 compatible.

its a jg g36c trying to fit into a BE xm8.
CPosko
I'm pretty confident G36 mags fit in the XM8, but I don't think anything other than a BE branded mag will fit into that magwell. It's more of a brand compatibility issue than a series compatibility issue, if you understand what I mean.
dakotawillis
basically, BE are idiots.
ah well.
z.Ynergy
QUOTE (dakotawillis @ Jul 27 2009, 08:29 PM) *
basically, BE are idiots.
ah well.

I have a few xm8 mags I could sell you. Cheaply. They are missing some of the nubs to link them together though.
dakotawillis
nah. thanks though. im going to try and mod the magwell.
z.Ynergy
QUOTE (dakotawillis @ Jul 27 2009, 09:12 PM) *
nah. thanks though. im going to try and mod the magwell.

I imagine that would be pretty tough, considering the mags were too large for my g36, you'd have to make the magwell smaller....which could be difficult.
dakotawillis
bondo and electrical tape. its the same thing as having new mags.
Carter
JW, but how is the BE XM8?
chenc544
BE's XM8 and G36 mags are not compatible with other TM compatible guns.
Here is a illustration of what you need to mod to get them to work.

chenc544
QUOTE (Carter @ Jul 27 2009, 08:54 PM) *
JW, but how is the BE XM8?

It's pretty much garbage. It's only saving grace is the very smooth and quiet gearbox.
I chopped mine up to make a fictional XM8 SOCOM just for fun of it. It was only $20 so I figure what the heck. a-laugh.gif
dakotawillis
ya. its crap. I bought it for 20 bucks mainly for the battery. it was so cheap because it had a screwed up o ring. I put in a 14 o ring and it aint horrible. with a high cap it will be just as good as a UTG ak47.

its my 2nd loaner gun. some of my friends prefer to use my tf11 than this.

thanks for that pick. it helps.
Zemanova
all be guns are total junk cept their type 89. ive actually heard that its alright

I have the be x-m8. its got a jg gearbox in it among other things

the jg mags fit and lock inside the be gun I dunno why yours doesnt ....maybe its the differences in gearboxes? I dunno
but anyway they do fit in there but theyre loose and only feed if you hold the mag in position and even then it doesnt feed very well.
the be mags do not fit in the jg g36 at all period however. the top part of the be mags are wider than the jg mags
the only reason I keep the be mags around is cuz I have a be sl-8 with a good gearbox and other internals in it and the be mags feed wonderfully with that set up. mines tabs crack and break off too, im bout ready to just dremel them flat

you should be able to find be g36 mags on ebay. be also makes hi-cap g36 mags. I bought one of those on ebay. I don't like to use it cuz I can wind the crap out of it and it only feeds a small bit of bb's up before you need to wind it again
muerteman
The type 89 is awesome for a clone, but thats the only good BE gun that ive heard of. The Type 89 is atleast on par preformance wise with my JG AUG if not slightly better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module