Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New RG kit
Airsoft Forum > Miscellaneous & Airsoft Related > Airsoft Photos and Videos > Airsoft Loadouts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Jrad
When you take your pictures make sure you do it at night and use a long exposure. All that will equal epic win.
Zaitsev
I'll do my best to get those pictures, but it will have to be the standard indoor pictures until I can get to a good place to take outdoor pictures. I can probably still do the high exposure though.
I don't have a weapon setup right now, so it'll be just the gear, no gun. Maybe I'll use the kitty gun like in the previous pictures :P

-Mike
houston
QUOTE (Zaitsev @ Apr 16 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Update on my helmet. I have the mounts and all, so here it is. I've played with a few different setups, but this is the one I stuck with: with the batt pack and MS2000 on the back, as together, they make a good counterweight, and keep the top low profile.

Higher-Res: http://img84.imageshack.us/g/20110416172042258.jpg/

a-shocked.gif Just shatted a brick! Dude this is a sick setup. Major props to you man, nice job.
Zaitsev
Because my background was not tall enough for me, I had to take pictures from above the height of my helmet, so I look pretty short in these. Please excuse the hobbit-affect.

Kitlist:

Pictured:

First Line
Blackhawk Riggers Belt
RLCS Frag
Specter Dump Pouch
Gerber Multitool

Second Line
RLCS MBAV
RLCS (3x) Double M4
Paraclete Double M4
RLCS Signal
RLCS (2x) Frag
RLCS IFAK
RLCS 100rd SAW
RLCS MBITR
RLCS (2x) Flashbang
SFLCS :( NOD insert (probably will sell it, if anyone wants it. Need something else to hold ANVIS)
RLCS Hydration
Nexus U94 PTT

Third Line
Eagle Industries MOLLE A-III (RG)
IR Square
BlackDiamond Carabiner
Source Water Bladder

Apparel
Crye Combat Uniform
IR Callsign
IR Square
IR Flag Reversed
Airflex KneePads
Merrel Sawtooth Boots
Mechanix Covert Gloves

Head Gear/Other
MICH 2000
IR Square
IR Callsign
MS2000
Rhino Plate
ANVIS Mount Adapter
ANVIS Mount
ANVIS Low Profile battery Pack
Tacticool Purple Bungees
AVS-9
MSA Dual Sordin
Petzl Tactikka
Oakley M-Frame 2.0
BOLLE X-800

Not Pictured:
PCU gen II levels 4 & 5 (top)
PCU gen II level 6 (bottom)
RLCS H-Harness
RLCS Charge Pouch
RLCS War Belt

High-res: http://img819.imageshack.us/g/anviskitpictures001.jpg/

I'll be getting some better pictures, at night, with NODs down, and rifle, sometime in the near future.
Thanks for looking,
-Mike
Chain Sniper

Lookin like a BAMF. What's in the A3?

--Nick
Zaitsev
I was hoping someone would notice the whole "glasses at night" deal :D

QUOTE (Chain Sniper @ Apr 25 2011, 08:09 PM) *

What's in the A3?

Death Itself.

-Mike
Snowman1
Ditch the goggles, too much weight on the lid already. NOT RANGER.

I'm thinking next time I'm in NY, we should have a...."get together", for lolz. >.> And epic pics. Those NODs make me want some, thus I'm glad I might have a source for some resin '15s, maybe. That kit is hot, though I don't know how I feel about the Yote. ;)
Chain Sniper
That's an Eagle Industries 3 Day Assault Pack... not a Yote.
Goggles are just a nice thing to have on your helmet; BOLLE X-800s weigh next to nothing...

--Nick
Zaitsev
BOLLEs are pretty light, we're talking 106 grams. Plus, if we're talking what's "Ranger" or not, then here are a few pictures. I'm sure you've seen em, but yeah.

I'm in upstate ny, so hit me up next time you're over here and we could get some sick photos, or go to a game or w/e.

-Mike

PS I could throw on my Yote if you wanna see what that'd look like :P
Snowman1
Derp, just remembered what a Yote looks like. :|

And yeah, they're pretty light, but remember, when you're out in the field for extended periods of time, you start measuring the kit you carry in ounces. It does make a difference, believe it or not. I know that Rangers use them, all I'm saying is that they're doing what's practical, and saving weight seems pretty practical to me, especially when you already have several pounds worth of kit on your skull.

Personal preference, I guess.
Zaitsev
I know what it's like to carry weight for extended periods, (real Soldiers out there, don't take this as a "I know what combat is like" statement, please) and I know what you mean. In my opinion, it's not enough weight to take away if you use them. I usually don't use them, which is why I usually don't keep them there, but if I think I may need them, they'll be right on my lid.

-Mike
Nachtmere
Is this my first time replying?
I was jawlocked with the picture set from the last page with the AVS9 update kit.
I havent felt that way since before I broke up with my last girl... TOO BUSY :P

ANYWAY

With the way youre running your helmet now, the X800s on the back would be anything but bad in terms of weight. That little binocular on the front makes it semi front heavy so having anything in the back should help it out a bit.
X Di Sniper xX
Havent checked this in Months

Looking great Mike
misfit K11
lookin good buddy. you need your Dark Angel of Retribution, your Black Sentinel of Death (aka your weapon, some nice little tidbits from a weapons instructor of mine). pics with weapon, outdoors, and some night shots with NOD would be sick. ever thought of adding sidearm? my kit is getting pretty close to good. I would join ya on a game any day.

I am having trouble with my anvis adapter plate, any pointers?
Zaitsev
Thanks, DI and misfit! Yeah, the weapon is on my list haha. Plans for that will most likely be a CTW MX2, KAC RAS (maybe a RIS II again in the future), a PEQ15, and an EOTECH 553.
I'll be at OP Northern Lights, and probably some bigger OPs next year, I'm sure you'll be able to spot me haha. Let me know if you're gonna be there.
I'll get better pictures with NODs down once I have a weapon setup again, but sooner than that, I'll be at Ops with my team, some of which has NODs as well, so I could probably get some "green-eyed" in-game pictures with SCD.

Thanks,
-Mike
misfit K11
zaitsev please pm me with that other info I asked.
Zaitsev
Quick little update:
Got some SCARPAs! First impressions are really good. Very comfortable, yet secure. I'll go into more detail once I wear them to a game or hiking for a longer period of time.

-Mike
Zaitsev
Little update here, my team is starting to make some more videos. SCD is going to some more large ops this year, and some smaller ones around the area. We'll probably be posting more videos having to do with the kit we run, videos from practices, and from OPs. Here are a few doing a quick over-view of my current 2nd/1st line and head-gear setup. The last link is SCD kickin' butt at IRENE VIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFl8aJNnnQ...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGO9LK95sp4

http://www.youtube.com/user/SCDAirsoft1#p/a/u/2/jmtwak2vbyA

-Mike
DocPeligro
QUOTE (Zaitsev @ May 9 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Little update here, my team is starting to make some more videos. SCD is going to some more large ops this year, and some smaller ones around the area. We'll probably be posting more videos having to do with the kit we run, videos from practices, and from OPs. Here are a few doing a quick over-view of my current 2nd/1st line and head-gear setup. The last link is SCD kickin' butt at IRENE VIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFl8aJNnnQ...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGO9LK95sp4

http://www.youtube.com/user/SCDAirsoft1#p/a/u/2/jmtwak2vbyA

-Mike

Thing about the last video - cameraman got "caught in the zone" too many times. Instead of making sure he was in good cover, he'd stand in the open and return fire. You can do that in airsoft because you can just sidestep out of the way of BBs from long ranges, but other than that you guys communicate really well and move as a team good too. I'm jealous of the big :censored2: ops. I'd love to go to one but my wife doesn't really let me get out of the house too often unless its with her, and there would be no way I could get out to a multi-day event or something so far away. Don't ever, ever get married if you enjoy having hobbies or free-time.
Bobbilina
Good videos Zait! echoing Doc to an extent by saying the big op Irene vid is awesome!! I like the gear vids too, sort of reminded me of Snowman1's ranger gear vids he put up on YouTube.
Zaitsev
Thanks for the advice and compliments, guys! And yeah, that happens from time to time in airsoft; it can be hard to keep from staying out in the open now and then with the concept that it's airsoft hanging in the back of your head. That said, it is a problem we work to address so to keep it realistic as possible. And thanks for the advice haha, I'll keep it in mind be for I make any crazy decisions :P. I do like my free time...

With the first videos we put up being purely gear, I could see how you could make the comparison. Future videos (with more like the gear ones just posted) will be of practices and other games, so those should be good as well. More of team stuff, rather than just the individual and his gear. Any criticisms on the kit videos are appreciated, constructive that is.

Thanks!
-Mike
Bobbilina
Sorry if I came across a bit prickish, it wasn't intended as such. I think the gear videos are good! I like how you've got a teammate to stand in and "model" so to speak your gear, it's a reach of fresh air amongst all the 12 year old OMFGIRSO1337D3LTACoD loadouts you see on the Tube! Especially if you plan on making one for each of your team members... What does the S stand for in SM? The only thing I would say is maybe a better camera, but that could just be me, and I'm guessing you're planning on moving on to weapon overviews too? Reviews of your more fancy kit *cough*ANVIS*cough* would be pretty sick too IMO.
DocPeligro
QUOTE (Bobbilina @ May 11 2011, 07:22 AM) *
Sorry if I came across a bit prickish, it wasn't intended as such. I think the gear videos are good! I like how you've got a teammate to stand in and "model" so to speak your gear, it's a reach of fresh air amongst all the 12 year old OMFGIRSO1337D3LTACoD loadouts you see on the Tube! Especially if you plan on making one for each of your team members... What does the S stand for in SM? The only thing I would say is maybe a better camera, but that could just be me, and I'm guessing you're planning on moving on to weapon overviews too? Reviews of your more fancy kit *cough*ANVIS*cough* would be pretty sick too IMO.

SM stands for Syracuse Mike I'd reckon
Zaitsev
Thanks, Bob, Doc's right; it stands for Syracuse Mike. Most the other guys on my team are closer to a different area, so I'm known as SM. We'll definitely being doing weapon overview videos, and probably more gear videos going over other SCD people's gear as well.
lol I'll try to get some more in depth reviews of my "fancy kit" per your request.

The camera was scavenged up as the guy with the better camera couldn't make it to that practice, hence the mediocre quality. Not as bad as I would have expected, but it could have been better IMO.

Thanks,
-Mike
houston
Do you have any pics from the Op?
Zaitsev
I don't, sorry. Actually, I wasn't there personally, but a portion of my team was, and part of my kit. My helmet was there, along with my eotech and sordins haha
SCD-01
QUOTE (houston @ May 12 2011, 01:27 AM) *
Do you have any pics from the Op?

Actually we have a couple pics From IRNE VIII on our facebook, check it out http://www.facebook.com/pages/SCD-Milsim-a...145203445538082
-Sam
spartan 117 gw
wherd you get those scarpas bro so I can get em
Zaitsev
I've been wearing them since I got them. Truly great boots.
http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3653419
-Mike
misfit K11
QUOTE (Zaitsev @ May 15 2011, 06:01 PM) *
I've been wearing them since I got them. Truly great boots.
http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3653419
-Mike

woof those are pricey. thats the biggest problem I have with these high speed hiking boots is that they are more expensive than the regular combat boots. I do like the 5.11 tactical trainers I have. they are right up there with the Asolos, Merrils, and Scarpas. the 2nd gen trainers are coming out in a month or so, cant wait.
Zaitsev
I like these a lot, largely, because they give great ankle support, and luckily, they fit my feet like a glove! No toe banging no matter how hard I try! I have combat boots (Belleville 790s) which I love too, but they're definitely different. The combat boots give less ankle support, but go higher and are more secure IMO. The Hikers give more ankle support, are secure (not as much as the combat boots), and while they're waterproof, they don't go as high as the combat boots. They're different, but they're both great. I've heard great things about the 5.11s. I have a teacher that wears em.
-Mike
misfit K11
QUOTE (Zaitsev @ May 16 2011, 05:46 PM) *
I like these a lot, largely, because they give great ankle support, and luckily, they fit my feet like a glove! No toe banging no matter how hard I try! I have combat boots (Belleville 790s) which I love too, but they're definitely different. The combat boots give less ankle support, but go higher and are more secure IMO. The Hikers give more ankle support, are secure (not as much as the combat boots), and while they're waterproof, they don't go as high as the combat boots. They're different, but they're both great. I've heard great things about the 5.11s. I have a teacher that wears em.
-Mike

I have actually talked to a 5.11 rep about the new gen trainers and there will be a mid and low top. they are redesigning some parts with input from a former designer from Puma. I cant wait for the new ones, definitely gonna grab another pair. I still love the ones I have.
/Chandler/
Are you going to be getting Kaki gear?
JubJub
QUOTE (/Chandler/ @ May 17 2011, 06:58 PM) *
Are you going to be getting Kaki gear?

Then he'd be starting over LOL.
Snowman1
QUOTE (JubJub @ May 17 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Then he'd be starting over LOL.

Well, for now it's only the PC. ;)
Zaitsev
If there's a khaki MBAV up for a good price, I may jump on it, but for now at least I'm sticking with RG. I've heard (from snowman) that the change to khaki is only temporary and due to budget cuts. I don't know if this is true or not, but from a geardo point of view, I hope it is.
-Mike
/Chandler/
QUOTE (Snowman1 @ May 18 2011, 01:19 AM) *
Well, for now it's only the PC. ;)

Yea people here the Airsoft Louisiana say its not true and it was just somthing they were using for training.
JubJub
QUOTE (/Chandler/ @ May 18 2011, 02:44 PM) *
Yea people here the Airsoft Louisiana say its not true and it was just somthing they were using for training.

It was a demonstration by SOF to "key" civilians to show their capabilities.

While all these theroies are valid, I see a few things tha make me think this whole kahki hoohah is true.
A. As this is a demonstration, wouldn't all these guys e vets of at least a tour, and have all kit already? Why get one new PC in a new color just for this?
B. I have a friend that called this about 6 months ago. A guy on Arnies called it less then 2 weeks before. They both said, respectively, that this would happen about this time

Really, this is all speculation. Im waiting for more pics because airsoft is pics or its not kosher.
TheHamburglar13
There's no need to speculate, there are operational (Afghanistan) and stateside pics of khaki plate carriers be used as well as multiple people with family or friends in the Regiment confirming it.
Zaitsev
My comment wasn't speculation of whether the khaki is being used or not, but whether it is a "permanent" change or not.
-Mike
JubJub
QUOTE (TheHamburglar13 @ May 19 2011, 12:53 PM) *
There's no need to speculate, there are operational (Afghanistan) and stateside pics of khaki plate carriers be used as well as multiple people with family or friends in the Regiment confirming it.

Would you mind directing me to operational pics Hamburglar? I would like to think I keep decent tabs on images of the 75th through the image thread on Militaryphotos.com. My statements were along the same line of thought of Zaitsev.
TheHamburglar13
I didnt mean to come off as cross as I did in my last post, but here are the pictures:

Pbpro9988
Im in the Irene video in a couple parts, pretty sweet
Scream
I have been following this thread//loadout//impression for a long time with great interest and it turned out to be one of the most superb Ranger loadout out there! Excellent job Zaitsev! Hope my loadout would be as awesome as yours. :D
JubJub
QUOTE (TheHamburglar13 @ May 19 2011, 06:38 PM) *
I didnt mean to come off as cross as I did in my last post, but here are the pictures:

Awesome, thanks.
Zaitsev
Thanks, scream! And cool, which parts, PB?
I have a few pictures from an OP yesterday. Used my CTW, which I think I've forgotten to mention haha. Right now I have a 10.5 inch barrel and a Daniel Defense MK18 in FDE on it, along with a PEQ-2 and a Surefire M961 on it. No optics right now, so for the op I used my MA-Tech Flip up rear and borrowed a front.
Most of the pictures were taken off guard, with the last one, post op, at BK lol.

http://imageshack.us/m/651/4941/20110521103521327.jpg
http://imageshack.us/m/32/8965/20110521103542331.jpg
http://imageshack.us/m/696/6482/20110521203046467.jpg

There were pictures taken by others at the OP as well, so I may post some as they come up.
-Mike
DocPeligro
QUOTE (Zaitsev @ May 22 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Thanks, scream! And cool, which parts, PB?
I have a few pictures from an OP yesterday. Used my CTW, which I think I've forgotten to mention haha. Right now I have a 10.5 inch barrel and a Daniel Defense MK18 in FDE on it, along with a PEQ-2 and a Surefire M961 on it. No optics right now, so for the op I used my MA-Tech Flip up rear and borrowed a front.
Most of the pictures were taken off guard, with the last one, post op, at BK lol.

http://imageshack.us/m/651/4941/20110521103521327.jpg
http://imageshack.us/m/32/8965/20110521103542331.jpg
http://imageshack.us/m/696/6482/20110521203046467.jpg

There were pictures taken by others at the OP as well, so I may post some as they come up.
-Mike

Is that a real deal AN/PEQ-2A from Insight?
Zaitsev
Yep, it will hopefully be replaced with a 15, but I don't know how soon, or if it will actually happen.
-Mike
DocPeligro
QUOTE (Zaitsev @ May 22 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Yep, it will hopefully be replaced with a 15, but I don't know how soon, or if it will actually happen.
-Mike

You crazy kid.
Zaitsev
Yeah, I get that a lot. :P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module