Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Motor For Torque AND speed
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Upgrades & Modifications
gerardcb
Hi! I'm looking for a motor that will give the absolute best rof (just for a semi only DMR), but at the same time, pull an m160 spring.

psychobunny
Just get a really good high torque motor. If it's only on semi then a high torque will give you better trigger response on semi than a high speed motor. I hear the Guarder high torque is good as well as the G&P m160. But I'm sure someone else will come along with a better suggestion.
D0096F
I had the guarder high torque and it's great. I coupled it with a MOSFET and a 5000mah 9.6v and got amazing trigger response. I'd recommend a professionally made MOSFET from extreme-fire and a li-po for best results.
sergantsnipes
I also have a Guarder high torque and it works very well. I put the stock gears, spring and piston(just to save my other one so it doesnt wear faster) back in my G&G m14 to play some cqb and the rof was turning heads at the chrono station. It was around 25-27bps and I could hear the motor hum
namloot
The Guarder high torque motor I have, with an M120 spring, got the same rate of fire as a TM EG700 did (18bps). A G&P M120 shot 21bps.
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Tm-M14-R...re-t138505.html
serano
I had a systema magnum way back and that thing was FAST! instantaneous trigger reponse and amazing rof. the only thing I would say bad about guarders is that they have a bad lemon rate and I have heard they don't last very long.
sergantsnipes
QUOTE (namloot @ Apr 26 2010, 03:14 PM) *
The Guarder high torque motor I have, with an M120 spring, got the same rate of fire as a TM EG700 did (18bps). A G&P M120 shot 21bps.
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Tm-M14-R...re-t138505.html

I had mine on a m100 with a 9.6v 3300 mah wired to deans and it ripped bb's out there
SHWELL
AMP Hi Torque Motor is a wonderful Motor. And when the load is low (SPring) it has the ability to put BB's out very fast.
Cornington
I'd like to throw in a vote for KWA motors. ~20 rps on a 400 fps spring with a 9.6v isn't bad IMO.
YesOfficer
I haven't measured it yet, but I put my G&P M160 motor into my M4 two days ago and it is insane. The M4 has a SP120 spring, and Prometheus high speed gears and a 10.8v battery. NO lag with trigger response, and I swear this thing is nearing 25bps. Could be just my imagination, we'll see.
Cornington
QUOTE (YesOfficer @ May 2 2010, 10:55 AM) *
I haven't measured it yet, but I put my G&P M160 motor into my M4 two days ago and it is insane. The M4 has a SP120 spring, and Prometheus high speed gears and a 10.8v battery. NO lag with trigger response, and I swear this thing is nearing 25bps. Could be just my imagination, we'll see.

+1 to this, I have one as well. It's fantastic and all but you MUST get a new pinion. KWA gears > G&P pinion lol
YesOfficer
QUOTE (Cornington @ May 2 2010, 02:34 PM) *
+1 to this, I have one as well. It's fantastic and all but you MUST get a new pinion. KWA gears > G&P pinion lol

+1 this also. I stripped my G&P pinion with less than 1000 rounds. I put a Guarder steel pinion and it seems to be holding up quite well.
AirsoftRepairGuy(Hans17)
Guarder, G&P or Matrix 3000 turbo. spins at 40000 rpm
Artoo
I just put in an AMP T5000L in my M4 this weekend. I have not done instrument testing yet, but compared to the G&P M120 motor I had on before, it KILLS it in trigger response and is just as fast if not faster on the rate of fire. My setup is 8mm solid bushings, PDI 170% spring, stock VFC gears, a 7.4v 1200mah 20C lipo, and 18 awg wiring (for now) with EC3 connectors (comparable to Deans). Also, the gun feels/sounds awesome. It no longer sounds strained like it did with the G&P motor.

I'm going to put the same motor in my G&P Sentry with some 16:1 gears and 8mm bearings (same battery but with 16 awg wiring). I can't wait to see the results.

Time will tell how long the pinion gear/motor lasts. The G&P M120 pinion was already starting to show signs of wear at almost 10k rounds.
project-c2
Systema Magnum is the best, but kind of hit-or-miss with reliability. AMP so far is a close second especially when it is half the price of a magnum.
SHWELL
I am officially an AMP guy... I have a Systema Turbo, ICS Turbo 3000, G&P 120, Systema Magnum, and 2 AMP motors...

Of all, the AMP motors have been the most reliable and have provided outstanding RPS at 275 FPS .20's.. (35RPS on 11.1v 35c MOSFET). This motor in a HS setup does not break a sweat, 75000 rounds later and the thing runs great and looks great as well (brushes and stuff).

Second fav of the group has been the ICS Turbo 3000.. This thing is a work horse, it is not the best in any category, but does really good in all categories.

For all out speed, the G&P M120 is the fastest, but I had to change the Pimion immediately (100 rounds), and with my setup it runs extremely hot, and I don't trust that...

The Systemas both perform GREAT, they are the best at what they are intended for.. But each of them cause problems. I went through 5 FETS b4 realising the Motors were the problem.. Even with the fix, they are not really reliable at times.. IF I did not have so much money in them, I would throw them away.
blacklockdown
im getting exactly 22bps with my G&P m160 motor, m120 spring, 11.1v 1800mah 25c lipo, shimmed, lubed, other upgrades, G&G l85a2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module