Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KSC Auto-9 Robocop problems...
Airsoft Forum > Accessories, Attachments, Gear and Supplies > Accessories - Gas
LA2019
As the title states, I have a KSC Auto-9 Robocop GBB pistol. I've had it for a few years but don't really shoot it much...bought it more as a collectable. Anywho, I pulled it out the other day, loaded up some gas and BB's, pulled the trigger and all of the gas blew out of the magazine in one fell swoop! So naturally I want to get the pistol back to operating conditon. I'm guessing it's probably an O-ring or valve. Anyone have any suggestions or advice they would like to pass along? Thanks in advance! Ken
Suzaku
Is the gun still lubricated?

Binding parts can cause a magazine to drain completely.
LA2019
QUOTE (Suzaku @ Jun 2 2010, 09:59 AM) *
Is the gun still lubricated?

Oh yeah, I kept it lub'd. I would also keep a small amount of gas in the mag while it was stored to keep some pressure on the rings.

I do use propane gas instead of green gas. I do add silicon to the propane but I'm wondering if the propane is causing the problem?
Noobgunner
Na the propane shouldn't be causing the problem, especially if you add silcone like you're supposed to. What it sounds like is probably a bad o-ring or valve sticking. If the mag holds propane fine, I'd check either the valve release on the mag, or o-rings in the gun.
LA2019
QUOTE (Noobgunner @ Jun 4 2010, 08:34 AM) *
What it sounds like is probably a bad o-ring or valve sticking. If the mag holds propane fine, I'd check either the valve release on the mag, or o-rings in the gun.

I think you're right Noobgunner. I sprayed some silicon down the throat of the gas port and sprayed the valve really good. I also gave an extra shot into the gas fill valve. I let it sit over night then tried it the next day and all seems to be well now. I still suspect the valve. I ordered a new mag from RedWolf and when that one comes in I'm going to take the old mag apart and see if I can get it back to proper operating status.

Thanks for all of the advise guys!

Here are some pics of the Auto-9 for your veiwing enjoyment...

LA2019
I received my new magazine from Redwolf the other day. I tried it out in my pistol and all is fine. I'm going to take apart the old magazine and check out the valve. I'm 99.9% certain the the valve is suspect. I'll probably just order a new valve for the mag. Can I just use any valve or do I need to order a specific type?
ndsmith9849
QUOTE (LA2019 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:38 PM) *
As the title states, I have a KSC Auto-9 Robocop GBB pistol. I've had it for a few years but don't really shoot it much...bought it more as a collectable. Anywho, I pulled it out the other day, loaded up some gas and BB's, pulled the trigger and all of the gas blew out of the magazine in one fell swoop! So naturally I want to get the pistol back to operating conditon. I'm guessing it's probably an O-ring or valve. Anyone have any suggestions or advice they would like to pass along? Thanks in advance! Ken

Ken if you still have the auto 9 and do not shoot it much I would gladly pay you a fair price for it, if you are willing to sell it thanks nick
ndsmith9849
QUOTE (LA2019 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:38 PM) *

alberty
QUOTE (ndsmith9849 @ Jun 4 2012, 05:26 PM) *
Ken if you still have the auto 9 and do not shoot it much I would gladly pay you a fair price for it, if you are willing to sell it thanks nick

This thread is from two years ago. Please check the date before posting in an old thread without critical information. Try messaging the user instead for something like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module