Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best hop up bucking
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Sniper Rifles > Tokyo Marui VSR series
Ex Eagle
I'm looking for a replacement for my gun.

sadly, the Nineball is extinct without having to use paypal.

any other that will be better then the stock bucking out there?
lulukchoo23
KM Head buckings are great. They have 'em at poweredgeusa.com , and I bet other sites have them too.

Firefly's work great ONLY IF YOU SHAVE THE HOP UP ARM NUB FLAT. If it's not flat, you'll get bad groupings since the internal V shaped nub in the bucking will get messed up from the 2 prong hop up arm or SCS. People don't like the Firefly's because they forget to shave the arm flat and get bad groupings. If you shave it, it 's a real piece of work.

STAY AWAY FROM KING ARMS. They are very poopy. My friend owned one, and it was so soft, it actually worked better as an eraser. He compared a Pink Pearl eraser to the KA. The KA erased about the same. That proves how soft and flaky it can get. KA is really only good for sub-400 fps shooters.
CheeseWiz
I personally love the standard prommy buckings, but maybe thats just because I also use a prommy barrel and hopup also.
Ex Eagle
yeah I've heard the KA bucking is a rebranded pencil eraser.

the head looks to be sold out at poweredgeusa, so I guess I'll go with the firefly.

should I pick up soft or hard? for a gun shooting 450-500 FPS
lulukchoo23
QUOTE (CheeseWiz @ Jul 16 2010, 12:38 AM) *
I personally love the standard prommy buckings, but maybe thats just because I also use a prommy barrel and hopup also.

Well, when it comes to AEG buckings, that's a whole different game. You're using the NEO chamber?

Yeah, Prommy's are good (Red's for 550+ fps, the Purple for lower). So are Systema's (General purpose). Though, I've heard the KWA 2GX is Godly.

However, I don't recommend the NEO chamber. It really isn't any better than the stock one, so it's pointless unless you need a special length inner barrel that they only have an AEG barrel for your special length.
lulukchoo23
QUOTE (Ex Eagle @ Jul 16 2010, 02:08 AM) *
yeah I've heard the KA bucking is a rebranded pencil eraser.

the head looks to be sold out at poweredgeusa, so I guess I'll go with the firefly.

should I pick up soft or hard? for a gun shooting 450-500 FPS

Get like 2-3 soft Firefly's. If you can find a KM anywhere, then that'd be great, but Firefly's are still good. If you can only find KM overseas, it's not worth it.

You'll want soft because soft just generates the best, most consistent hop up. If you have a hard, the bb simply just sort of slips off of it. Hard's don't really grip as well.
Ex Eagle
QUOTE (lulukchoo23 @ Jul 16 2010, 01:15 AM) *
Get like 2-3 soft Firefly's. If you can find a KM anywhere, then that'd be great, but Firefly's are still good. If you can only find KM overseas, it's not worth it.

You'll want soft because soft just generates the best, most consistent hop up. If you have a hard, the bb simply just sort of slips off of it. Hard's don't really grip as well.

ok, thank you for the help. a-salute.gif
CheeseWiz
QUOTE (lulukchoo23 @ Jul 16 2010, 01:11 AM) *
Well, when it comes to AEG buckings, that's a whole different game. You're using the NEO chamber?

Yeah, Prommy's are good (Red's for 550+ fps, the Purple for lower). So are Systema's (General purpose). Though, I've heard the KWA 2GX is Godly.

However, I don't recommend the NEO chamber. It really isn't any better than the stock one, so it's pointless unless you need a special length inner barrel that they only have an AEG barrel for your special length.

The deal is that the slight difference with the neo chamber vs. stock ends up getting much more consistency when your also using a prommy bucking and barrel, everything just fits perfectly. I even stay with the prommy nub, hard h-nubs and scs not only create the same impression but they also won't flex to fit the setup, they're totally rigid.
Ex Eagle
sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but how would I go about shaving the inside of the hop up?

just with sandpaper?
lulukchoo23
QUOTE (Ex Eagle @ Jul 16 2010, 06:43 PM) *
sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but how would I go about shaving the inside of the hop up?

just with sandpaper?

You should cut the external placement nub and the internal nub, then sand or file the remnants, as well as the internal placement nub. You'll want to shave the internal nub (not placement nub) because if you don't, it will cause the bucking to rise up and air will leak between the holes on both sides of the nub.
Fridge Gnome
Are nineball buckings good that's what I have and I'm wondering if something would be better.
tototime
Well the stock TM bucking is supposed to be the best.
lulukchoo23
You can't buy the stock TM bucking by itself, but it is the best. Nineball is the runner up. It's great for 600 fps and LESS, not more.
Ex Eagle
QUOTE (lulukchoo23 @ Jul 16 2010, 09:25 PM) *
You should cut the external placement nub and the internal nub, then sand or file the remnants, as well as the internal placement nub. You'll want to shave the internal nub (not placement nub) because if you don't, it will cause the bucking to rise up and air will leak between the holes on both sides of the nub.

just ordered 2 Firefly softs.

so the internal nub = long slender ridge in the bucking that slides into the groove in the barrel? and the external nub is the ridge that fits into the slit in the hop up chamber? why do I need to shave and cut the external nub?

I know I have to cut and sand the v shaped nub inside the bucking. but ive also heard you can just put some weld/glue between the two prongs on the hop up arm and the bucking will be fine stock.
Fridge Gnome
The internal nub is the bump inside the hop up bucking that fits into the hole in the barrel.

the nub(never head of external nub) is, in the VSRs case, the part that has two prongs and pushes(from the outside) on the bucking.
Reverb
Hmmmm, the best bucking would be the firefly. But I would just go and get a prommy since the firefly is quite delicate. Best unit if you are looking for improvement is the prommy neo chamber but they are expensive and hard as hell to find.
tototime
Not necessarily true. I would take a TDC from Noobie over a neo chamber any day.
aznsushi
QUOTE (tototime @ Jul 20 2010, 04:38 PM) *
Not necessarily true. I would take a TDC from Noobie over a neo chamber any day.

Agreed.
And correct me if I'm wrong but buying a neo chamber also means buying an AEG cut barrel to fit that chamber.
tototime
QUOTE (aznsushi @ Jul 20 2010, 07:39 PM) *
Agreed.
And correct me if I'm wrong but buying a neo chamber also means buying an AEG cut barrel to fit that chamber.

This is correct. It basically converts the VSR hop up to an AEG style hop up. Pointless to me because I bought the VSR for the VSR hop up system.
Ex Eagle
QUOTE (tototime @ Jul 20 2010, 11:30 PM) *
This is correct. It basically converts the VSR hop up to an AEG style hop up. Pointless to me because I bought the VSR for the VSR hop up system.

well if you can use AEG buckings like a KWA 2GX.... that would make it worth the purchase for me.

VSR 10 aftermarket hop up buckings are all near extinction, the Firefly is all that can be found and has to be modded to work.
unseen sniper
um.. since were on the whole hop up portion of the vsr, might I ask what this product does? THIS
Ex Eagle
QUOTE (unseen sniper @ Jul 29 2010, 09:39 PM) *
um.. since were on the whole hop up portion of the vsr, might I ask what this product does? THIS

thats for AEG's.

if you really want you can mod your VSR 10 hop up arm by glueing one of those to it. but it isnt needed.
unseen sniper
aha, ok. Thanks for the info
Gen-Ross
Well what do you guys suggest for SCS? Its supposed to be soft but, idk how to pick em all out
Monitorwipes
QUOTE (Ex Eagle @ Jul 16 2010, 12:23 AM) *
I'm looking for a replacement for my gun.

sadly, the Nineball is extinct without having to use paypal.

any other that will be better then the stock bucking out there?

I don't know of any except a king arms bucking King arms bucking
Ex Eagle
king arms works very well but it's basically a pink pearl eraser molded into a bucking shape and colored red. it will wear down very fast because its designed to stay damp with silicone oil in gas pistols, not dry in a spring rifle.

I found the Nineball on Ehobby and ordered two. so for now my bucking troubles are over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module