Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compatibility between TM and WE 1911s
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs
gilla409
I've found it impossible to find a TM 1911 hopup unit, but did see a WE hopup/inner barrel set. I read that WE slides or frames are interchangeable with TM, but can't remember which. Also, are 1911 slide parts interchangeable with Hi Capas? Will a WE Hi Capa hopup fit in a TM/clone 1911? If not, can someone direct me to a TM compatible 1911 hopup unit? Thanks!
SHWELL
yes, they are interchangeable.
gilla409
QUOTE (SHWELL @ Mar 31 2011, 12:45 PM) *
yes, they are interchangeable.

Just to make sure, a WE Hi Capa hopup unit will work in a TM 1911?
gilla409
Can anyone please help me with this? I found a WE Hi-Capa hopup/inner barrel at evike, but want to make sure it will work in a TM clone 1911 (Army Kimber Warrior.) If this is the case, are all the slide parts interchangeable between WE and TM Hi-Capa/1911s? If not, what parts are incompatible? I might get some other upgrades too, but I want to avoid having to return parts unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up! If anyone knows the specifics about TM and WE 1911/Hi-Capa compatibility, it would make an awesome sticky. There's loads of cheap WE 1911/Hi-Capa parts available, many of which can't be found from aftermarket vendors.
Disco_Dante
QUOTE (gilla409 @ Apr 5 2011, 08:25 PM) *
Can anyone please help me with this? I found a WE Hi-Capa hopup/inner barrel at evike, but want to make sure it will work in a TM clone 1911 (Army Kimber Warrior.) If this is the case, are all the slide parts interchangeable between WE and TM Hi-Capa/1911s? If not, what parts are incompatible? I might get some other upgrades too, but I want to avoid having to return parts unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up! If anyone knows the specifics about TM and WE 1911/Hi-Capa compatibility, it would make an awesome sticky. There's loads of cheap WE 1911/Hi-Capa parts available, many of which can't be found from aftermarket vendors.

Yes, it will work fine. I use a WE (Socom Gear) threaded barrel + hopup in my Shooter's Design MEU. It even matches the finish better than the SD barrel.

Everything in the slides will be TM compatible, the lower receiver and magazine is WE's own design and is the reason you shouldn't buy WE pistols.
gilla409
QUOTE (Disco_Dante @ Apr 6 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Yes, it will work fine. I use a WE (Socom Gear) threaded barrel + hopup in my Shooter's Design MEU. It even matches the finish better than the SD barrel.

Everything in the slides will be TM compatible, the lower receiver and magazine is WE's own design and is the reason you shouldn't buy WE pistols.

Sweet, that answers one big question, thanks!

Now, what about compatibility between 1911 and Hi-Capa slide parts? Are they also interchangeable? If that's the case, then I'm set!

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it! This makes finding parts much easier (and less expensive.)

Edit- I just noticed that the Hi-Capa hopup unit doesn't have a post for the recoil spring guide to fit onto. I'm studying my stock damaged unit to see if I can make the new one work, or salvage pieces from the old one. My question is, where does the recoil spring guide go in the WE Hi-Capa if it doesn't fit onto the hopup unit? Maybe it's listed correctly, with an incorrect photo... if someone knows what's up with this, I would love to hear about it.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=27294

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module