Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hobby Town Usa
Airsoft Forum > General > General Discussion
Crew_Chief
I was window shopping the other day and poked my head inside a Hobby Town USA to check out what they had going on. I don't know what the HTUSA is like near your house, but the ones in North Dakota carry mostly model trains/airplanes/rockets, table top games, and some paintball gear. When I walked into this one in Spokane Washington, I saw a good-sized wall of Airsoft gear, I was shocked. And this wasn't the cheap Wal-mart Airsoft guns either, they had CA, TM, and a ton of gas-gun manufactures. I was pretty shocked to see such products at a nation-wide hobby shop like Hobby Town.

I started talking to the owner, a guy named Matt Hobson, and he plays airsoft and is really looking towards pushing the product. I could tell through talking to him that he's been having alot of lucking selling Airsoft gear out of HTUSA and he's a big supporter of the hobby. He told me there's an annual HTUSA confrence and he's going to be speaking in support of selling Airsoft gear nationwide at all HTUSA stores. The only Franchise that I know of that sells (real) Airsoft gear is Jungle Toy, and from what I've seen on their website, they're horrible.

Not only did I chat with this guy, but he offered me some great deals, alot of advice, and he said I should come play with his team over the weekend. I was eyeing a CA Mp-5 pretty good, and it was a good deal. I walked out of HTUSA with a smile on my face, a little wiser about Airsoft, but no CA Mp-5. Maybe after pay-day.

I'm not sure if Airsoft being added to every HobbyTown USA is a good thing or not; but I'm pretty happy I'll actually have a place to physically handle my airsoft gun before I buy it. Also you get HobbyTown USA's reputation and workers, who I like alot. It's just so much nicer to have my questions answered by someone who enjoy's my nerdy hobby as much as I do, and understands what is quality and what's not. Just think about how many people come on ASF looking for advice on maintenance or reviews, they could get all that information form the people at Hobbytown, and it would be a great way to meet new players and really make a strong Airsoft community.

Any thoughts on this?
directorcass
The HobbyTown in my area also started carrying airsoft. They had some KWA and TM. Hopefuly they will expand as well to AEG's.
Airsoft Paladin
I haven't been to my hobby town in a while. I live near seattle. and yes Jungletoy stinks, the guy I was talking to doesn't even know what a TM gun is or a Balaclava.
ChronicBalla
QUOTE (Crew_Chief @ May 10 2005, 03:44 AM)
It's just so much nicer to have my questions answered by someone who enjoy's my nerdy hobby as much as I do

Nerdy hobby??
I don't think so...
But I'll have to get over to my local HobbyTownUSA and see what they got.
SINN FEIN
Our Hobby Town used to have AEGs, sniper rifles, gas pistols. That was before the police began cracking down on airsoft and paintbal guns in Brookfield.
SOD Maverick
I wonder what hobbytown is? do they have them in south jersey?
Zync
Having a store that sells good airsoft gear near me would be awesome, not only would it be much easier to buy guns and tactical gear, but I am sure it would be a lot easier to convince my parents that I am getting my moneys worth if they could actually see the guns as we buy them.
INYOURFACE
I got something similar to that. It's called "Airsoft on a Budget" and it's a cool store. Found out about them whiel I was at a gun show. I don't think they know a lot about airsoft but the guns were all AEG and awesome. Plus they let you hol'em and examine them and pretty much do what you want except walk out of the store with it, that is unless you bought it! headbang.gif
Paisley Pirate
QUOTE (Zync @ May 10 2005, 02:58 PM)
Having a store that sells good airsoft gear near me would be awesome, not only would it be much easier to buy guns and tactical gear, but I am sure it would be a lot easier to convince my parents that I am getting my moneys worth if they could actually see the guns as we buy them.

Second that.

I will inquire with my ex-wife's husband, as he is in process to purchase a HobbyTownUSA franchise even as we chat about this...

(good thing we're friends... and that my daughters are hog wild into airsoft. And that he's Army... )
Zync
I just checked a map and found out there is a hobbytownusa store less then 40 miles away from my house, if they actually sell airsoft gear, I may be able to save up and get an AEG soon. There is no way my parents would let me buy something for like $300 online, they know its safe and all, but they are weird like that. This might mean a whole new world of airsoft for me! I'll let you guys know if they have guns.
ogaboga
holy censored2.gif! lucky!!! my hobby town carries tomas the tank engine and models for 8 year olds. thats all. if I had one with airsoft weoponry I would buy like every single one I see.
Agent Hunk
QUOTE (SINN FEIN @ May 10 2005, 02:41 PM)
Our Hobby Town used to have AEGs, sniper rifles, gas pistols.  That was before the police began cracking down on airsoft and paintbal guns in Brookfield.

Go to their website and use their store locator.
ThegunsofNevada
Very cool...Perhaps there will be an airsoft retaliorship war between Hobby Town USA and the dreaded, evil Platco Marketing?

*Tosses a hand grenade up and down casualy* Maybe HTUSA will hire me to help destroy Platco...
Thomme
the one near me isn't carrying airsoft... that makes me a sad panda...
Guy_With_A_Gun
thats pretty sweet, ill have to down to southcenter to the one near me n see if their carrying anything.
PickelsnGravy
I am also a sad Panda. There is no HTUSA near me... WHAAAAAAA... a-embarassed.gif
AirsoftUSA
QUOTE (Paisley Pirate @ May 10 2005, 03:22 PM)
Second that.

I will inquire with my ex-wife's husband, as he is in process to purchase a HobbyTownUSA franchise even as we chat about this...

(good thing we're friends... and that my daughters are hog wild into airsoft. And that he's Army... )

Sweet!

I think it's gonna be great for the sport. It will get well known and hopefully get as big as paintball (I doubt that but I can wish). I however do not support little kids going down and getting guns and being stupid with them. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

I'm gonna go check out my hobbytown and see if they carry airsoft guns.
Zync
It would be cool and crappy at the same time if you had to get an airsoft license to play or own a gun, then there would be no random kids with guns that ruin the sport, but it would also be harder to get guns and everyone of us would have to get a license.
Paisley Pirate
QUOTE(Paisley Pirate @ May 10 2005, 03:22 PM)
Second that.

/QUOTE

Sorry, just talked to them last night, and he is no longer pursuing Hobbytown, instead going independent...so he had no info.

And I was hoping to have some good inside poop....

pout
Rambo_medic
QUOTE (Thomme @ May 11 2005, 03:07 PM)
the one near me isn't carrying airsoft... that makes me a sad panda...

Best. Post. Ever.
ardrummer292
QUOTE (Airsoft Paladin @ May 10 2005, 02:22 PM)
or a Balaclava.

As long as he didn't say, "Oh yeah, my mom makes really good baklava..." Man, would that be depressing...

QUOTE (Thomme @ May 11 2005, 03:07 PM)
that makes me a sad panda...

As long as you're not a sad panda casually tossing a hand grenade up and down, everything will be okay.
glowgirl
I never really gave the HTUSA near me a second glance, but after reading this post I think I may venture down there and see what they have. Selling *real* airsoft equipment nationwide at stores like this is both good and bad. Makes it easier for us, and again, I like the idea of seeing my gun BEFORE I buy it, but then again, it also makes it easier for irresponsible people to get ahold of them and ruin the game for everyone. Personally, I think the good outwieghs the bad on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module