Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&G TR4-18 vs ?
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Which Gun Should I Get
MX5J6
I have been thinking about buying the G&G TR4-18. However I am not 100% sure I want blowback and not sure I want to take the time to replace the cylinder to get rid of it. So I would mostly like a gun that is an M4 variant, cqb length, have a RIS, and has a functional charging handle, bolt & release.

However if you know of a gun that is something a little different looking and uncommon feel free to suggest it and I will say what I like and don't like about it. Some other guns I do like are the G&G F2000, JG MK36K RIS and the G&G M14 HBA Short. My budget is about $500 so let's start suggesting.
LiveHumanTarget
Here are a couple of sugesstions........
King Arms BW15 ($400)

Something in a bullpup......
S&T Tavor TAR 21 Explorer (Black) (under $200)

Or you could spend it all and get one of these.......
MAGPUL Masada ACR ($480)

laughbounce2.gif Happy Shopping!

MX5J6
I honestly like all of those choices. I will look into each one and see which I like besf. Thanks. =] Anyone else have their own picks or have any experience with kne of fhe many guns mentioned here already? These are some really good suggestions.
LiveHumanTarget
Um, I know you are looking for a rifle, but have you considered a larger support weapon?

This would fall under "something different & unusual"

Like an M60?
A&K MK43 Mod 0 ($375)

Another A&K, this time a full size one ($400)

I noticed people that sport these always manage to turn heads.......
I actually have a buddy that uses a MK43 for CQC.

I'd get myself one if I had the extra cash.
MX5J6
I actually have looked into LMG's though the obly part that worries me is my relatively short frame. Being only 5'5" and not a body builder I am worroed something over 8 lbs would be too much for a whole day of plau. What do you think? Because I really like the look of the G&P Mk46 Mod 0 (F..S.) DX however its more than 13 lbswhich concerns me. So unless there is an LMG that isn't back breaking I will have to stick with a rifle.
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 1 2012, 08:17 PM) *
I actually have looked into LMG's though the obly part that worries me is my relatively short frame. Being only 5'5" and not a body builder I am worroed something over 8 lbs would be too much for a whole day of plau. What do you think? Because I really like the look of the G&P Mk46 Mod 0 (F..S.) DX however its more than 13 lbswhich concerns me. So unless there is an LMG that isn't back breaking I will have to stick with a rifle.

Okidoki, rifles it is then....

Here are a couple that you also might want to look at.....
KING ARMS SIG 556 ($490) ($320) for the shorty (below)

ICS Galil SAR ($378)

Another SIG for CQB.....

JG SIG552 Commando (under $200)

How about a cool gas powered pistol?
MAGPUL FPG ($300)

Sorry for bombarding you with these, Im kinda board. (and I love window shopping for airsoft stuff)

MX5J6
QUOTE (LiveHumanTarget @ May 1 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Okidoki, rifles it is then....

Here are a couple that you also might want to look at.....
KING ARMS SIG 556 ($490) ($320) for the shorty (below)

ICS Galil SAR ($378)

Another SIG for CQB.....

JG SIG552 Commando (under $200)

How about a cool gas powered pistol?
MAGPUL FPG ($300)

Sorry for bombarding you with these, Im kinda board. (and I love window shopping for airsoft stuff)

Don't be sorry at all I love window shopping for airsoft too. So the more options I have available the better. Those are pretty nice btw. Right now my favorites are some kind of Masada and that TAR-21. Also been looking at maybe an AUG or something. Not too sure yet. I will have to pick some finalosts and make a pro and con list. Haha so anything else you want to show me?
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 1 2012, 08:05 PM) *
so anything else you want to show me?

Um, How do you feel about SCARs?
SCAR-L (MK16)

SCAR-H (Mk17)

They are both around ($425)
MX5J6
QUOTE (LiveHumanTarget @ May 1 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Um, How do you feel about SCARs?
SCAR-L (MK16)

SCAR-H (Mk17)

They are both around ($425)

I actually want a Scar. But the black Heavy went out of stock on GI and on ASMS their Heavy has only 350 FPS. I know fps isn't everything bit my field limit is 410 so I'd like to be as close to that as possible. And on Ehobbyasia it doesn't come with trades which isn't thay big of a deal but it is nice to have. So if the Scar H in black becomes available again I will probably get thay but I am looking dor back up plans in case that doesn't happen.
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 1 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I actually want a Scar. But the black Heavy went out of stock on GI and on ASMS their Heavy has only 350 FPS. I know fps isn't everything bit my field limit is 410 so I'd like to be as close to that as possible. And on Ehobbyasia it doesn't come with trades which isn't thay big of a deal but it is nice to have. So if the Scar H in black becomes available again I will probably get thay but I am looking dor back up plans in case that doesn't happen.

Here you go,...... I know they have one in stock. Saw one with my own eyes two days ago.
VFC SCAR-H (Black) BUY NOW! ($378)
MX5J6
Thanks for the link. Do you know of any place that has the G&G F2000 Hunter? Because like I said I do like having choices and after looking at more guns I still need to decided which it is I really want though I am leaning towards the Scar mostly.
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 1 2012, 08:41 PM) *
Thanks for the link. Do you know of any place that has the G&G F2000 Hunter? Because like I said I do like having choices and after looking at more guns I still need to decided which it is I really want though I am leaning towards the Scar mostly.

K...... Here's one, $171 off list. (still $479) wow!
F-2000 Hunter (blk)
MX5J6
Wow that's kind of pricey for an F2000 I will look around but thanks. I have a lot of thinking to do. If you were in my shoes,which would you choose or which couple?
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 1 2012, 09:56 PM) *
Wow that's kind of pricey for an F2000 I will look around but thanks. I have a lot of thinking to do. If you were in my shoes,which would you choose or which couple?

In order.....

The MASADA or a SCAR. (I prefer the Mk16), But Mk17 CQC is a cool deal. (it comes with both long and short barrels)

Im in a quandry myself. Im trying to decide if its worth it to spend $720 (my whole tax refund) on one of these......

What do you think?
MX5J6
Honestly and this os just me being picky the peq box kills it for me. If for over $700 they can't rear wire it to a crane stock I don't like it. Lol though I know Inokatsu is a really good maker. I'd spend the money on something a little more unique. Seeing as that is really just a plain M4 I'd buy a cheaper one and upgrade it to out perform other higher end M4's like that one. That's just me though. I am thinking of upgrading an M4 myself if I can't decided on something more unique or if I just feel like using a cool body like the zombie killer body or black water. Though that is a really nice looking M4.

As for the other part of your post the Masada and Scar would bs my choices too. Though I'm not sure which I like better.
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 1 2012, 09:22 PM) *
Honestly and this os just me being picky the peq box kills it for me. If for over $700 they can't rear wire it to a crane stock I don't like it.

Its not electric Its a GBBR. I don't think id ever spend that much on an electric gun. wounded2.gif

The hype:
MX5J6
XD Sorry I was kind of tired when looking at that but I am not a big fan of GBBR. Mostly because of the mag cap. But I was looking into them at one point. I just prefer hi caps.
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 2 2012, 09:17 AM) *
XD Sorry I was kind of tired when looking at that but I am not a big fan of GBBR. Mostly because of the mag cap. But I was looking into them at one point. I just prefer hi caps.

don't be sorry. :P
Everybody likes what they like. I guess Im just into the whole 'realistic replica' thing right now.

Im curios to see what you decide, post an update if you can after you get your new rifle. a-grin.gif

ZaCkOX
Scar-Hs have an unique air nozzle length, just to give you a heads up. I would also change out the self-shimming gears in a VFC Scar.
MX5J6
QUOTE (ZaCkOX @ May 2 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Scar-Hs have an unique air nozzle length, just to give you a heads up. I would also change out the self-shimming gears in a VFC Scar.

Yeah I heard that stuff before, but thanks for feeling the need to help me. =] What kind of gears though would you suggest I get?
ZaCkOX
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 2 2012, 02:06 PM) *
Yeah I heard that stuff before, but thanks for feeling the need to help me. =] What kind of gears though would you suggest I get?

Well Riots don't fit unless you have a dremel. I would get Riots if you go Scar-H. They should be built into super weapons, not some cheap thing.
MX5J6
QUOTE (ZaCkOX @ May 2 2012, 11:32 AM) *
Well Riots don't fit unless you have a dremel. I would get Riots if you go Scar-H. They should be built into super weapons, not some cheap thing.

What if I don't have a dremel right now? And if I do get one do you know of any place that tells or shows me exactly what I need to do to make them fit?
ZaCkOX
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 2 2012, 02:38 PM) *
What if I don't have a dremel right now? And if I do get one do you know of any place that tells or shows me exactly what I need to do to make them fit?

It is pretty simple. You just shim the new gears and you can see where they do not spin. If I remember correctly the only spot was where the trigger contacts go in place. There is a piece of metal that holds the trigger contact box in position. You just shave the left of it a little and then the sector gear can spin. I was using torque gears might be why it didn't fit. I am planning on going back to standard for higher rate of fire.

Edit: I would take a picture of it but I do not have the shell with me. I have a friend applying some wield to it. Could be days to weeks before I get it back. I am even having the back drilled and cut to make it quick change spring. My dremel was getting heated up when I tried to do the job. The metal is thick and very good condition.
MX5J6
QUOTE (ZaCkOX @ May 2 2012, 03:55 PM) *
It is pretty simple. You just shim the new gears and you can see where they do not spin. If I remember correctly the only spot was where the trigger contacts go in place. There is a piece of metal that holds the trigger contact box in position. You just shave the left of it a while and then the sector gear can spin. I was using torque gears might be why it didn't fit. I am planning on going back to standard for higher rate of fire.

I don't even know where to find these gears you speak of. Have a link where I can buy some?
ZaCkOX
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 2 2012, 06:57 PM) *
I don't even know where to find these gears you speak of. Have a link where I can buy some?

What ROF and FPS are you looking for? Page 2 and 3 have sets

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=3...t=2a&page=3

AirsoftGI is the only place I know where to buy them. There should be a direct link somewhere someone can provide.

Depending what you want to make the gun is what gears you get. For high FPS and durability I would go torque. But if your experienced, you can push for the standard. I think the standard are called balanced and their ratio is not really standard but somewhere within 20 is what I might get. If I am crazy and think my motor can handle it, I will get a 14.

Edit: OH, realize some of the sector gears have a double release for the piston. Those cyclone sets I would avoid unless you want low FPS and high ROF.
MX5J6
QUOTE (ZaCkOX @ May 2 2012, 04:09 PM) *
What ROF and FPS are you looking for? Page 2 and 3 have sets

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=3...t=2a&page=3

AirsoftGI is the only place I know where to buy them. There should be a direct link somewhere someone can provide.

Depending what you want to make the gun is what gears you get. For high FPS and durability I would go torque. But if your experienced, you can push for the standard. I think the standard are called balanced and their ratio is not really standard but somewhere within 20 is what I might get. If I am crazy and think my motor can handle it, I will get a 14.

Edit: OH, realize some of the sector gears have a double release for the piston. Those cyclone sets I would avoid unless you want low FPS and high ROF.

I have no clue what those numbers mean. >.< also I just want it to be around 400-410 fps and have a decent rate of fire.

Also the words "professional installation required" scares me.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Masada AKM? Aside from the proprietary mag are there really any downsides?
ZaCkOX
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 2 2012, 07:18 PM) *
I have no clue what those numbers mean. >.< also I just want it to be around 400-410 fps and have a decent rate of fire.

Also the words "professional installation required" scares me.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Masada AKM? Aside from the proprietary mag are there really any downsides?

Well stock I believe the VFC Scar-H is 420 FPS and about 20+ ROF.
MX5J6
QUOTE (ZaCkOX @ May 2 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Well stock I believe the VFC Scar-H is 420 FPS and about 20+ ROF.

I may have found something interesting.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10450

It is a little out of my price range but how hard is it to get an extra hundred bucks. If I can spend $500 I should be able to spend $600, right? Plus if I wanted the Masada with a folding stock they are out on ehobbyasia so I would have to spend another $80 give or take on a stock or I could get the AKM and be forced to use proprietary mags. So this seems like a good allbeit pricey option for getting an AKM with folding stock but also having a normal Masada with folding stock. I could also invest in both AKM mags and hi cap M4 mags so I can go between mid and hi depending on what I feel would be best that game. Sounds pricey but I didn't get into airsoft because it was cheap. Haha what do you think? Because as much as I like the Scar I also really like the Masada and the AKM.
LiveHumanTarget
QUOTE (MX5J6 @ May 2 2012, 05:36 PM) *
I may have found something interesting.

It is a little out of my price range but how hard is it to get an extra hundred bucks. If I can spend $500 I should be able to spend $600, right? Plus if I wanted the Masada with a folding stock they are out on ehobbyasia so I would have to spend another $80 give or take on a stock or I could get the AKM and be forced to use proprietary mags. So this seems like a good allbeit pricey option for getting an AKM with folding stock but also having a normal Masada with folding stock. I could also invest in both AKM mags and hi cap M4 mags so I can go between mid and hi depending on what I feel would be best that game. Sounds pricey but I didn't get into airsoft because it was cheap. Haha what do you think? Because as much as I like the Scar I also really like the Masada and the AKM.

If you can afford it.......
Get the MAGPUL! Thats a great deal and it comes with both lowers! Thats like 2 Masadas in one.
MX5J6
Thats what I thought when I first saw it, "it's like getting two guns for a little more than the price of a Masada or an AKM whichever hou wanna base the price ofc of. I love that it comes with both lower recievers, that's just awesome.

The only problem I have is I don't know what type of battery it takes, anyone know?

I think from what someone said on a previous thread I had it can fit a 9.6v nunchuck but I'm not 100% on that.
MX5J6
Ok so here are the guns I am trying to decide between.

G&G TR4-18 Light
http://www.reddotpaintball.com/gg-top-tech...light-aeg-rifle

Magpul PTS Masada AKM UCR

G&G M14 HBA Short
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9918

VFC Scar H CQC
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/350_FPS_Li...bk81-200924.htm

If you can think of something else like these guns or that you think I'd like after seeing my final choices feel free to suggest it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module