Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: South Dakota
Airsoft Forum > Airsoft Players Wanted & Airsoft Events > North Central, USA
Pages: 1, 2
WoolyWorm
I just started getting into airsoft and need to know if there are any South Daokta players out there!
Draco Panther
QUOTE (WoolyWorm @ May 23 2005, 01:39 PM) *
I just started getting into airsoft and need to know if there are any South Daokta players out there!

I currentlty live in Spearfish and also looking for players.
WoolyWorm
Wow. I can't believe it took nine months to get a reply! Anyways, I live in Hayti, near Watertown, so... yea, I'm on the other side of South Dakota.
old dude
hay I am just getting going to I live in Sioux Falls. were can a guy get some more guns I have been looking and I ahve had to order what I have gotten.
MadMax58
I live in Siouxfalls aswell. Also have about 3 other friends that play.. any idea where a good spot to play is? Around the yard certainly seems like a bad idea in the city :)
old dude
QUOTE (MadMax58 @ Apr 19 2006, 01:42 PM) *
I live in Siouxfalls aswell. Also have about 3 other friends that play.. any idea where a good spot to play is? Around the yard certainly seems like a bad idea in the city :)

Ya the cops would be there before a guy could do anything! I have never played shot alot in the house but that is it. There has to be some were. what kind of guns are you running?
MadMax58
Im using a TM AUG aeg.. but my friends have springers.
old dude
QUOTE (MadMax58 @ Apr 26 2006, 07:43 PM) *
Im using a TM AUG aeg.. but my friends have springers.

so ya would not kill some one if ya shot them close. cool! so are you looking for target typ corse or shooting the snot out of each other? because we can look around and see what we can find. Thanks
DakotaDevilDog
Hey- I have been playing airsoft in the Sioux Falls area for about three years. We have an old farm that we play on North of Mitchell. There are three of us who are dedicated but we have enough AEGs to loan to interested players.

We have a quite a number of AEGs;

1 G&G M14
1 TM M733 Colt Commando
1 TM M4
2 ICS "silenced" full stock mp5's
2 TM Mp5Ks
1 ICS full stock mp5
1 PSG-1
1 Thompson SMG
1 TM mp5 with collapsible stock

I think that's it. We're actually going up to the field this Saturday, the 20th with the 3 dedicated players and 3 interested players.

The more people we can get playing the better. The land we play on has a long shelter belt, an old barn with two levels, crops, and tall grass. It's about a 1.5 hour drive, but it's worth it!!! We're fairly hardcore in that we have a few ghillie suits, try to play MilSim type games but for the sake of Newbies, we'll play "Capture the Flag" but instead of a flag, it's a 40 to 50 pound tote bag...

We try to make sure everyone has goggles or a mask that meets the ANSI Z87.1 standard and that the eye socket is sealed. We had a guy who took his mask off during a game last year and could have lost his eye, but was hit about a half inch below it. We're pretty serious about safety.

The best places to buy AEGs;
www.airsoftgi.com
www.airsoftextreme.com
www.airsplat.com

The best place to get gear -- ABN (The Army Surplus store in Sioux Falls) over charges!!!
Go to;
www.thesportsmansguide.com
www.actiongear.com
www.imsplus.com
MadMax58
Hey, thanks for the reply man.. I'm currently working on getting a few friends into the game. (they're making some money for a decent gun)

After I talk to them a bit, ill see if I can get them to come out there too.

Also, I wouldnt reccommend Airsplat, alot of people have a terrible time with them
old dude
QUOTE (MadMax58 @ May 19 2006, 04:15 PM) *
Hey, thanks for the reply man.. I'm currently working on getting a few friends into the game. (they're making some money for a decent gun)

Also, I wouldnt reccommend Airsplat, alot of people have a terrible time with them

ya I tryed the mini paint balls they only work in the single shots. the full autos become paint sprayers.
as for guns could not find any at a price I liked so I ordered some in frome a company I get swords from. odd but It works and I am cheap!!! for the mask is that the same kind they wear for paint ball? because right now the only thing I shoot is mig 15 I draw on paper.ya I know but I grew up watching nam on TV not in reruns. keep me in the loop it would be nice to have live targets.
old dude
QUOTE (MadMax58 @ May 19 2006, 04:15 PM) *

ya I tryed the mini paint balls they only work in the single shots. the full autos become paint sprayers.
as for guns could not find any at a price I liked so I ordered some in frome a company I get swords from. odd but It works and I am cheap!!! for the mask is that the same kind they wear for paint ball? because right now the only thing I shoot is mig 15 I draw on paper.ya I know but I grew up watching nam on TV not in reruns. keep me in the loop it would be nice to have live targets.
antichip
he may overcharge ya say but he has overhead the other larger retailres abd websites don't. There is(been a few years since been in SD) a place to play paintball just north of the airport with a river on one side and alot of groud. cool guys running it, prolly would do airsoft. Most people have never seen or have any idea such good AEGs and pistols exist.
old dude
QUOTE (antichip @ May 20 2006, 10:52 PM) *
he may overcharge ya say but he has overhead the other larger retailres abd websites don't. There is(been a few years since been in SD) a place to play paintball just north of the airport with a river on one side and alot of groud. cool guys running it, prolly would do airsoft. Most people have never seen or have any idea such good AEGs and pistols exist.

I understand over head I run my own shop. I am just cheep I found MP5 and shorty M16 one for $40 the other was $50 I can live with that.
DakotaDevilDog
When I said that ABN over charges, I was talking about their gear. Do this- go to ABN sometime and look at the prices for used ALICE medium sized packs with frames Then, go to www.thesportsmansguide.com and check out their prices. You'll end up saving even with shipping charges. That's just the first example that popped into my head. However, I do shop at ABN- in fact I bought a cap their the other day.

We talked a bit with the guy who runs the paintball field on the north side of I-90 about trying out airsoft and he sounded interested at first. However, we could never get in touch with the guy after that. Every time I go by there, it seems, there is nobody playing. I think the field is alright, but I'm not a fan of hiding behind planks of wood and such.

We played on our land this weekend, in the rain, and it was a good time. (my gear is still drying out) We start the day by putting a couple guys in large barn with broken out windows. The barn then needs to be taken by force. We have 4 airsoft grenades and although the pellets don't fly in every direction, they are air powered and re-useable and when they go off, there is a nice "BANG" to it. Our rule is that if it goes off within 3 feet, you're out, hit by a pellet or not. It's pretty fun to use cover fire, flanking maneuvers, lining up in a stack, and then taking a building. Otherwise, we played in the woods- no capture the flag. One side would setup an ambush and the other team had to "sniff" it out.

So, if you want to play, and you have an AEG, you should give our field a try. It's a drive, yes, but playing all day long, it really is worth it. We're not a business, we're just looking for other players.

To be realistic, the best place to buy your AEG is www.airsoftgi.com
oreoandstuff
hey draco I think I live closer to you than anyone else here, im in rapid city. and for you guys looking for a good cheap site than go to affordableairsoft.com(don't know how to make a link) or if your into CA's and TM's than go to shortyusa.com
djyox
I plan on moving to SD here this winter, I'll be looking for people to get to know and maybe some games when I do
Lambo37
QUOTE (WoolyWorm @ May 23 2005, 04:39 PM) *

Hey I actually live in Watertown and on the west side at that so im very close to you!!
Ryi
I'm also looking to get a group together so we can scrim, I have another already that would be able to drop some money on a nice gun.
mofiki
I just moved to ellsworth, and my stuff should be here the begining of september
Rodeno
I'd be interested in getting together with someone for a little skirmish. I live in Sioux Falls, and I can drive to pretty much anywhere in Eastern SD. I also have a few friends, though they only have minis and springers.
Rodeno
I have been talking to some of the paintball fields around town, they keep saying sounds like something to try. But they never call back, or schedule anything airsoft related.
Lambo37
QUOTE (Rodeno @ Aug 31 2006, 01:02 PM) *
I'd be interested in getting together with someone for a little skirmish. I live in Sioux Falls, and I can drive to pretty much anywhere in Eastern SD. I also have a few friends, though they only have minis and springers.

once again I live like only 100 miles away from you im in watertown. Have you tried the paintball place in brookings called dark side?
dcmehlhoff
hey all I have been dying to play airsoft with some people for along time. FOr over a year now moved here a year ago and couldn;t find anyone to do. But now I have.

I got to gas blowbacks

I am a JR. at brandon valley and my phone number is

am willing to play just give me a call. PM me if u need my number gave it out to some other Peeps all ready.
¤Tony¤
Hey, I live in Sioux Falls and right now I just have a NBB gas pistol but if I had a place to go with serious people I'd get meself a AEG (right now I'm looking into Echo 1 stuff) but.......I'm only 14 so I can't drive anywhere until june or somewhere around there. So until june I'm limited to about a 45 minute drive from Sioux Falls.

I used to play paintball so I'm used to playing sports with people I don't know and are usually twice my age. I also have a friend that airsoft's and he might be up to it...I'll talk to him but for now I'm hopeful.
LeonKennedy
Darn sounds like eastern south dakota is the place for airsoft. Here in Spearfish we have around 6 guys with AEGs, five of them are TMs. In the summer its going to get big again. Last summer we would have a 4v4 every weekend. Two summers ago we went up to rapid and played with four guys up there but we have since lost touch with them.
DakotaDevilDog
WE have 4 dedicated players with 2 fields and working on a 3rd. One of our fields is down by Marion, about a 30 minute drive. We have about 10 AEGs altogether and are pretty serious. We use a lot of military tactics. If you want more info- send an email to

dakotadevildogPLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES IN YOUR MESSAGES - USE THE PM SYSTEM / UNLESS OF COURSE YOU LIKE SIGNING UP FOR A YEAR SUPPLY OF SPAMPLEASE DO NOT USE YAHOO IN YOUR POST

QUOTE (¤Tony¤ @ Jan 3 2007, 03:51 AM) *
Hey, I live in Sioux Falls and right now I just have a NBB gas pistol but if I had a place to go with serious people I'd get meself a AEG (right now I'm looking into Echo 1 stuff) but.......I'm only 14 so I can't drive anywhere until june or somewhere around there. So until june I'm limited to about a 45 minute drive from Sioux Falls.

I used to play paintball so I'm used to playing sports with people I don't know and are usually twice my age. I also have a friend that airsoft's and he might be up to it...I'll talk to him but for now I'm hopeful.

Oh-- we're here. I sent you an email detailing what kind and how many AEGs we 4 serious players in Sioux Falls have. WE need to get airsoft rolling in Eastern SD. Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota have all established a strong foothold in the game. We need to build our own. We are starting an association and I will send out a general invite for people to join. The more people we know, the better chance we'll have of finding more land. We have 2 fields, but we are always looking for more!!!

QUOTE (WoolyWorm @ May 23 2005, 04:39 PM) *

My team of four played in Fremont, NE recently. Teams were about 20 vs 20. That's just flipping crazy.
Rodeno
Well I am now back into AS, but this time I am looking for people near the Hills for the school season, Sioux Falls in the summer.
Rodeno
I take it this isn't the most active of states?
SeanP
I live in Sioux Falls and am interested in getting started, you all still active around here? I have a ton of contact info in my profile.
SeanP
I also just wanted to add that four other friends of mine in the Sioux Falls area want to get started this spring as well.
lukeairsoft
Well, I'm from NW Iowa. Most of the airsoft players in Iowa are from Des Moines and further south. Apparently you need more players, and I would be willing to come to some events. I might not be able to this summer, seeing as how I am only 15, but...
So far I airsoft with about seven or eight other people who generally use springers or sniper rifles. We use one of my friend's grove, but we also have other locations which we will use during the summer. Actually we are going to airsoft this Saturday.
Anyway...how many people are going to airsoft in South Dakota, and will you ever organize an airsoft group?

Thanks a-famerican.gif
Rodeno
Looks like there's been a recent buildup in interest.
lukeairsoft
Well, I answered my own question. After some searching I discovered that the South Eastern Airsoft Association has a website. To save you the trouble... heres the link [url=http://www.airsoftsd.org/phpBB2/index.php]

I don't know if it's still in use, and it hasn't been used for about a half year now, but its there.

a-famerican.gif
DakotaDevilDog
QUOTE (lukeairsoft @ Jan 11 2008, 10:57 PM) *
Well, I answered my own question. After some searching I discovered that the South Eastern Airsoft Association has a website. To save you the trouble... heres the link [url=http://www.airsoftsd.org/phpBB2/index.php]

I don't know if it's still in use, and it hasn't been used for about a half year now, but its there.

a-famerican.gif

The site is still active. We are just in flux about how to organize it. The site will have more available in the future. We actually just obtained access to a huge chunk of land west of Sioux Falls. There are old stone foundations of where a couple houses used to be, a creek, and lots of undulating land. I can't wait to get out there. First, the association members have to go out and clean up the place. Last summer, in Nebraska, I fell into some barbed wire. Not fun. I don't want that to happen to anyone. I am hoping that we'll be playing at least twice per month. We're hoping to get more players though. This land is a mere 20 to 30 minutes from Sioux Falls.

Since this is the first time I've been to this site in a while, it may be best to email me at;
dakotadevildogPLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES IN YOUR MESSAGES - USE THE PM SYSTEM / UNLESS OF COURSE YOU LIKE SIGNING UP FOR A YEAR SUPPLY OF SPAMPLEASE DO NOT USE YAHOO IN YOUR POST

If y'all come up, bring whatever you want. try your springers out. I've never shot one, so I have no idea. But beware, we have a guy with a SAW........
lukeairsoft
Maybe I can make some of your games. (Hopefully I can register an account the site.)

If y'all come up, bring whatever you want. try your springers out. I've never shot one, so I have no idea. But beware, we have a guy with a SAW........

Oh, I have an MPEG, and so does another of my friends. I'm upgrading it right now. How serious are you guys? Also, what kind of camo would be best?
Makyntotch
Been in living in and around Ellsworth for about five years now and all I can say is: The weather literally blows.

Just decided to take up sniping, just gotta find me some better gear and I'll be good to go.
Rodeno
Well glad to see SD has grown a bit, we should try to make sure to get something together.
FMAirsoft
Hey guys, I thought I would extend you all an invitation to come up and play some games with us. We have just combined a number of ND and MN groups into one group that should be more organized. We have member groups from Bismarck/Mandan, Fargo, Grand Forks, White Earth, Duluth, etc. We decided to merge our groups into one group in order to bring more, better organized events and better use our resources. If any of you, or your groups are interested in joinging us, or even just coming up for a game now and then, feel free to email us. We are still awaiting our new website, but for now visit us at fmairsoft.com. For email we use hotmail, with an address of northlandairsoft.
Rodeno
A bit long for me: 6 hours drive time total and using a full tank. Too much driving for a weekend game for me.
Guhn
QUOTE (lukeairsoft @ Jan 11 2008, 09:57 PM) *
Well, I answered my own question. After some searching I discovered that the South Eastern Airsoft Association has a website. To save you the trouble... heres the link http://www.airsoftsd.org/phpBB2/index.php

a-famerican.gif

Just letting anyone with thread subscriptions know that not only is SESDAA more active, but an event is being planned for this weekend
More details here: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Sioux-Falls-Area-Sesdaa-E-t112869.html
ghostsniper48
I live in harrisburg and have been looking for a game. I have a team of 5 players. if any one has a game please pm me or let me know some other way.
Guhn
SESDAA is having a game tomorrow starting around 10am and until everyone is ready to pack it up.
Land being used it about a half hour drive to the west of SooFoo

Discussion about it here: http://www.airsoftsd.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=344
LeonKennedy
last weekend we had a game of 10 in Spearfish, all using aegs or sniper rifles. We are looking for more, so anyone in the area around Spearfish, Sturgis, Rapid City, give me a pm.
ghostsniper48
is it just my computer or did http://www.airsoftsd.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=344 not work
lukeairsoft
QUOTE (ghostsniper48 @ Jun 6 2008, 06:32 PM) *
is it just my computer or did http://www.airsoftsd.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=344 not work

It works now, the site was just put back up. I know because I had to remake my account, but it works now atleast.
Guhn
Not anymore. Still getting a borked here(404 and no main page either)
lukeairsoft
Seriously? It still working for me...
http://www.airsoftsd.org/?q=forum
ghostsniper48
QUOTE (lukeairsoft @ Jun 6 2008, 11:40 PM) *
Seriously? It still working for me...
http://www.airsoftsd.org/?q=forum

try this http://www.airsoftsd.org/
they got a new site so u have to recreate your user name
grotonairsofter
a-famerican.gif Hi guys. I live up by Aberdeen, SD (northeast corner of the state) and I'm trying to get a group together to play airsoft. I only have a few scrimmages every now and then with 1 or 2 friends. Please let me know if anyone lives around here. I actually live in Groton which is only 20 miles from Aberdeen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module