Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Umarex Dual Power Hk G36C AEG
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs
gearhead222
Dear Fellow Members-Made the BIG mistake of not cycling my $100.00 Umarex Dual Power Hk G36 C AEG for about 1.5 years. Works fine on single shot spring, but will NOT cycle on single or full auto AEG:( I think that something is just seized from sitting too long:( Had anybody disassembled one of these? I perform hospital mnt. for a living, do much of my own C&R gunsmithing and consider myself pretty handy. Have also rebuilt pellet guns. Should have known better. Tried posting this in the disassembly section of the forum, so Moderators, please advise. ANY help greatly appreciated:)-Gearhead222
Epiphany
Honestly that gun sorry to say is a P.O.S, I wouldn't honestly take the time to fix it. What I would do if I where you would pick up a jg or Asia electric g36 for $90-120.
philsaudio
If the battery sat for a year and a half it is most likely kaa put. Start there.
gearhead222
Already tried another battery. Called Umarex and got the schematic. Will be taking it apart:)-Gearhead
Bomb has been planted
just a heads up Umarex isn't a brand, they're a rebrander
gearhead222
Yes, I am fully aware of that. They simply resell products made by other companies. That being said, some products they repair and some they don't-that's where you have to be careful. This was my first air soft gun purchase and as mentioned earlier, it's a POS!:( Mind you, I made my own air gun spring compressor, rebuilt pellet guns, have my FFL C&R license, rebuilt several C&R guns (including Enfield SMLE Mk 1 and M1891 Mosin-Nagant) and perform hospital mnt, for a living.
I easily disassembled and reassembled this AEG. The gearbox and motor are in great shape! There is no wear in the gear box, nor any debris inside it. BUT, the motor is spinning LOOSELY on its drive gear that moves everything else! It's simply a press fit gear that stretched on the motor shaft! I'll bet I didn't put more than 500 rounds through this gun! I have much cheaper AEG's that are still working. At least the single action spring power still works. Selling this gun for what I can get for it.
I did send my findings back to Umarex for grins and giggles. Stay away from this gun! a-censored.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module