Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Vs Aeg
Airsoft Forum > General > New Members
arsenal20
OK I need your guys help what kind of gun is better an AEG or a gas gun. Help me out im looking to buy my first non spring

Thanks
madv
Neither is better. It only depends on how you play or want to play. There are very few gas airsoft guns that are not either sniper rifles or handguns. Gas Blowbacks (GBBs), however, are by far the most popular gas guns. (I'll leave it to you to find out the difference between different gas guns.) GBBs are very fun and somewhat more realistic than most AEGs. They "blowback", or in other words, the slide jumps back, when fired and they have slight recoil. Most shoot less powerfully than an average AEG, although some are VERY powerful (and expensive). Gas guns also range in price from $80 to $250. Most GBBs are used as sidearms (you may hear differently from some "revolutionaries" on this forum). a-wink.gif

AEGs are primarily rifles. Most airsoft players buy an AEG as their first real foray into airsofting. They are rather expensive however. Most are approx. $300 stock and brand new. They use batteries to fire as opposed to gas. They are generally more expensive to do upgrades, but most don't really need upgrades to be adequate skirmish guns.

Based on the above info, I'd reccommend an AEG for any beginning player. They are easier to take care of and use than gas guns. They are also more versatile and allow a beginning player to play at any pace or skill level he likes.

Really, you should just set your price range and find a gun you like the style of....Those are really the only serious concerns for picking out a first airsoft gun...Good luck.
arsenal20
thank you I am thninking of getting the aim m4a1 does ne one know about this gun u can see at www.redwolfairsoft.com under aeg's then select the gun
stuka_69
Yep I can vouch for the AIM M4A1 they are pretty nice for a cheap alternative, the fps is nice straight out of the box, nice hi-cap mags, and a good fins to it wiith reasonably sturdy materials.... If on abudget Ii would recommend one of these as a choice :)
Blitzkreig
Well, you honestly cant go wrong with the Crosaman Pulse R70. Good rate of fire, but with low range and not much stopping power. Still well worth the 60 bucks. But if your looking to get serious, I suggest starting with a UTG. They perform surprisingly well. I suggest the UTG Ak-47 WarHawk, or the UTG MP5. Mp5=115$ Ak=150$ You cant go wrong with either of them.
arsenal20
Thanks for all the help
idiosyncratic haphazard
from what ive seen, pretty much all gas guns seem to break easily. 2 of my friends have a gas uzi/desert eagle, and another has a AEG, the AEG has never failed and the 2 gas are always breaking.
madv
QUOTE (idiosyncratic haphazard @ Apr 23 2006, 07:45 PM) *
from what ive seen, pretty much all gas guns seem to break easily. 2 of my friends have a gas uzi/desert eagle, and another has a AEG, the AEG has never failed and the 2 gas are always breaking.

Yes, AEGs are more reliable and can take more of a beating. BUT as long as you buy quality gas guns and take care of them, they should last awhile and work fine. If you're paying less than $100, you should probably take more care. They need to be oiled often, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module