Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi-caps, Mid-caps, Or Low-cap Mags
Airsoft Forum > General > Voting & Polls
Pages: 1, 2
bigboi
which one do you think is better?
jordant
I didn't vote because there wasn't a selection for "I don't really give a censored2.gif "
Sfc. Norm Hooten
I like low-caps, not practical, just fun to have to reload. Reminds me more of milsim, whereas hi-cap mags remind me of the good old sport of paintball, which isn't a bad thing, I just play airsoft to do something different from paintball once and a while.
synchronicity1
I didn't vote because I use all 3. I've got two Hi-Caps, two Mid-Caps, and two Low-Caps. I like using the the High-Caps when I'm using a bipod, or shooting from a stationary position. The Low-Caps are good for close range firefights because they add a sense of realism to the skirmish. Mid-Caps are also good because you can use them in almost every situation.
vodka_ice
I use mid caps because there's no rattle or winding, and they still hold a lot.
arsenal20
I use hi caps mid and low caps u have to reload to much with my hi cap I know it will take a few mins to run out,
roger-rabbit
mid caps are the most practical and u get more realism instead of having an mp5 with a 300rds
CookieMonster
I vote high caps because I like lots of ammo, but I also have midcaps and lowcaps. It's basically preference and if you want more milsim, you would use lowcaps, but I like more ammo, but I don't like the fact that midcaps jam a lot and it gets really annoying.
Stunt4Life
I go with high caps I have 2 350ish round m4 mags and I onyl get about 150rds b4 I have to rewind them so its like 150rds which is about teh same as a mid cap so I might as wel go with a mid cap right?
bluabyss12
ide have to vote mid, because you ont run out as fast as low, but you don't have to take as long to reload like high.
KrYpTiK
Mid-Caps 100% of the way.
afroninja
I use midcaps because they aren't to expensive and not to low on ammo
SilverSwordsman
low caps because there cheaper and you can carry more of them.
Clbck
QUOTE (SilverSwordsman @ Aug 21 2006, 11:46 AM) *
low caps because there cheaper and you can carry more of them.

It's normally a difference $5. And how is it impossibe to carry lots of mid-caps or hi-caps? I don't understand what you're saying....

THat said, I use hi-caps when just playing around, but I'll use low-caps when playing a more serious game.
Grayn
Mid Caps. No rattling and no winding...
#CW!!ZERO
I love my lowcaps but I carry two hicaps just incase I need the ammo.
Ranger420
I agree about the mids,I hate having to wind up so often and also with high caps you tend to dry fire alot .I now only use my MK1 carbine and I can only hold about 16 shots.
JRB106
I've seen the argument on here that low-caps are more realistic. True. But, while this is true, I would rather give myself and my team a better chance to win, thus I prefer hi-cap mags whenever possible. If I was playing an extended milsim game then I may very well use low-cap b/c of the realisticness, but if not then I'm using hi-cap mags if I have them for whatever Gun X is.
Saber_Dart
QUOTE (KrYpTiK @ Jul 26 2006, 08:29 PM) *

I have to go with Kryptik a-thumbsup.gif
JerryAgent
As a DM, mid-caps are the best. No rattling/winding. Also I may go through one mid-cap per game, it only takes one shot for one person.
classicarmyfreak
MID CAPS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!
Crazydoc
QUOTE (Saber_Dart @ Dec 7 2006, 04:49 PM) *
I have to go with Kryptik a-thumbsup.gif

As do I!

JT
One Shot
I voted low caps because hi caps rattle when your running so it gives you away at night also since my primary is a shot-gun. I would want a hi-cap for a AEG.
Viper818
QUOTE (KrYpTiK @ Jul 26 2006, 05:29 PM) *

I agree 100%. Now that I think about it, I never used my hi-cap in an airsoft game.. Weird. I keep that as a last resort, which never came since I have 7 mid-caps from MAG. One broke a-nonod.gif
MaN bEaR pIg
QUOTE (One Shot @ Feb 3 2007, 04:13 PM) *
I voted low caps because hi caps rattle when your running so it gives you away at night also since my primary is a shot-gun. I would want a hi-cap for a AEG.

This thread is almost 2 months old. Try not to necropost in the future. Anyways to contribute to the thread, I like mid-caps and hi-caps. The cons of hi-caps is the rattle though. I only have 3 mags and have a total of about 900 rounds. Mid-caps are nice because of the fairly large amount of BBs adn no rattel or winding. Low-caps are fun to have if you are going for ultimate realism. Just remember to carry a bunch of those mags if you are playing for a long time.
Airsoft Monkey
I voted mids, no noise, no winding.
tantrik
hi caps here...

I usually bring 2-3 Hicaps (300bbs) with me. I am with support, so I need a lot of BBs.

As for my AK, I bring along 2-5 short hi cap mags (about 150-160bbs) and occasionally another long mag(about 450bbs).

As for the winding, a single winding can be good up to 100bbs even more. As for the AK short mags, its good for the whole 150.

I don't mind the rattling...
Special Forces Expert
I like mid caps because theres not rattling and winding like the high caps, but they carry more than the low caps. But along with my mid caps I carry 2 high caps just in case, even though I probably don't need to, just because my high caps are 470rd each (G36c). But I like the realism of reloading, but the option to have a decent amount of ammo in one mag.
Tamn
Low caps are the funnest because players with aeg's actually have to reload and not go halo crazy
Lizzard
Low-cap is best, in my opinon, IF everyone is using them. I use mid-caps, but I would use low-caps if everyone at a game was using them. They should make a real/low-cap drum mag!
Mooseburrito10
Lowcaps are ideal, assuming that all of the players are using them. They dissuade players from wild spraying, and encourage them to pick their shots carefully. I find that when I am using hicaps, I tend to play in a more Rambo-esque manner, relying on the suppressive capability of a hicap to overcome my opponents, rather than superior tactics on my part. When I am using lowcaps, that is never a problem.

That being said, I own midcaps. I load them with 30 rounds when playing with lowcap players, but retain the option of loading them fully so that I am not at a disadvantage when going against hicap users when playing at other venues.
Lizzard
Exactly, that's the way the world should work, but unfortunately, we have the terrible creation known as a high-capacity magazine... A guy at ASP told me the main reason his stock G3 SAS was better than other stock CQB guns was that it came with a 500 rd hi-cap...
Gen. Cockaroach
Low caps.

You have to think when shooting for you can't spray, you have to use tactics to win.

The feeling of reloading when under fire, and knowing you have only 30rds is...well ...there is no feeling like that.

Use less bbs.

When I talk to people about mag capacity and they say they like hicaps I say "Play paintball then, cause airsoft is not a running and spraying sport."
Lizzard
Yeah, my friend hates reloading under fire, but I absolutely LOVE it! It's so fun, and exhilirating!
InsaneDM
QUOTE (vodka_ice @ May 20 2006, 04:02 AM) *
I use mid caps because there's no rattle or winding, and they still hold a lot.

+1
Xvisceral
mid caps, they don't rattle and you don't have to worry about winding.
kwalker
mid caps.

no rattling and no winding but it holds a good amount of rounds. perfect for one of our games called 'hostage'
I am a crook
I use 2 high caps and 2 mid caps.
Militant Smurf
Low caps personally for realism. Mid caps arent too bad. Hi-caps.....wetawded in my opinion.
hXc_infantry
Personally I use low caps for my primary, anywhere from 5-10. I know they aren't the most practical type to go with, but it just teaches me to count my shots and not just spray and pray. When I start playing support, I'll use a high-cap (C-Mag).
Romeo_Delta
I prefer mid-cap magazines, but I only have hi-caps for my G36C, so I use them to play as a make-shift light support role.
league 4
I have a mix of MAG and S-arms midcaps and one hicap as a last resort. Hicaps take the fun out of having a support weapon, and make games kind of unrealistic because a lot of people just buy 2 hicaps and no vest whereas with mids they would probably have a vest and be more effective because you can fire in longer bursts when you need it most.
Ex Eagle
depends on the gun. for a MP5 Mid-caps are a must, but for a gun like the G36 hi-caps are your best bet.
Lizzard
QUOTE (Ex Eagle @ Oct 19 2008, 01:07 AM) *
depends on the gun. for a MP5 Mid-caps are a must, but for a gun like the G36 hi-caps are your best bet.

Sorry, but how does that make sense at all? There are G36 midcaps mate.
DWayy
hi caps are not allowed at the field I play at and when I play at my own field. It encourages spray n pray and carelessness. Low caps are nice for realism, but not practical. Mid caps all the way...no rattle, mine has 160rds full metal, and a good amount of realism
nieb15
I used to only use High-Caps, but after playing a game with Mid-Caps, I switched.
KS Sn1per
Mid caps for sure! I used to always use highcaps, but they kept jamming and screwing up, and you are never 100% sure that you will not have to wind them at a crucial point in the game. That is why midcaps are great. With midcaps, you know you will get exactly the amount of bbs that are in it to come out when you need them, and then you can easily swap mags really quick. I always carry 8 MAG midcaps (130rnds), and then I have 2 older G&P metal midcaps (130rnds also). That allows me to carry a little over 1,000rounds...which is plenty if you don't just spray and pray all game... I've never once had to even reload a single midcap during a game either, so it's a perfect amount.
SWAT Assault
Low and Midcaps give you more accuracy than a highcap but with a highcap you don't need to reload as often. also highcaps give you away when run with the rattling. I think midcaps are the best because you can run around quietly and you keep the accuracy while still holding quite a bit of ammo
hightower
I hate people who dish out $50+ for drum magazines, while they could buy several mids or even hi-caps for that price.
Plus they just threw every aspect of realism out the door with their 5,000 rounds....

I hate it.....

Low-caps rock, but I use mid-caps cause EVERYBODY at my field uses hi-caps... a-surrender.gif
Lizzard
QUOTE (hightower @ Mar 20 2009, 06:25 PM) *
I hate people who dish out $50+ for drum magazines, while they could buy several mids or even hi-caps for that price.
Plus they just threw every aspect of realism out the door with their 5,000 rounds....

I hate it.....

Low-caps rock, but I use mid-caps cause EVERYBODY at my field uses hi-caps... a-surrender.gif

The only drums worth buying cost over $100, haha. Mine was $150, but I don't really use it all that much. It adds to the resale value and looks cool (if you've got the right gun, of course), however.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module