Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KWA M93r
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Review Forum
vietec
Manufacturers: Currently, omega, KJW, STTI, Marauzen, KSC, KWA (the brand I own)

Model: Beretta M93RII

Specifications: This gun shoots about 310FPS stock. It also has a metal slide and barrel. It has a length of 10 inches from the far back to the front of the barrel. It weighs around 5 pounds. It has Semi Auto (Top position), Full Auto (Center position), And 3 round burst (Bottom). The safety is located right behind the selector switch.

Accessories needed to run: This gun is supposed to use green gas but I currently run it off of propane. Iím thinking of switching back though.

Cost and place of purchase: I bought my M93R II off of eBay from Uncle Che Airsoft. This person is a great seller and I highly recommend them. I was lucky in a bid and won it for $125 shipped.

Intro/First Impressions: I first thought that the M93R was really ugly before I bought it. Then one day, I saw an ad from Jungletoy for a STTI M93R, spare mag, and BBs for $110. I set my goal for that gun and began to search ebay for it. I saw a Omega M93R for $80 shipped or I can bid on a KWA. I remembered something about KWA Being a lot better so I decided to bid on it. After five days which felt like an eternity, the package finally arrived. It was brand new in the box and the size of the box actually surprised me. It was small for what looked like a big handgun. I didn't hesitate to open the box and there it was. It was really beautiful; in fact, I almost shed a single tear. It was beautiful; I pumped in the gas, loaded the BBs, went to my kitchen, and shot at a box. It amazed me and anyone else who fired it. I decided from that point on that I would never ever trade/sell my M93RII.

Looks: As I mentioned before, it looked ugly before I bought it but as soon as I held it and looked at it, the looks got better and now I think that the M93RII is the most beautiful gun out there.

Metal Parts: Metal parts include the internals, barrel, slide, mag, trigger, foregrip, disassembly pin, slide catch, selector switch, and the trigger bar.

Features: There is only one safety mechanism on this gun and it's not all that great. It is small and hidden behind the selector switch. It is on the right of the selector switch in the picture. It only switches on when the gun is loaded which makes sense but I would like the safety to be able to operate regardless. I did attach a HFC Silencer on it. I did this because after a long time of researching and only finding that M93R silencers cost around $40, I decided to buy a silencer from an airsoft store in a flea market.

Magazine, easy to load?: Yes, the magazine is very easy to load. KWA Supplies a loading rod/tube. All you do is attach it to the top of your mag, pour in the BBs, and ram them into the M93R's double stack mag. People say that you can hold 38 BBs in the mag but I can tell you that it will only hold about 30-35 BBs. The mag doesn't have one of those tabs that KWA Glocks have; instead, it is all closed off. I think that this is really nice.

Firing, rate of fire: I really don't know the exact number on full auto but I'm guessing around 18-20 rounds per second. It may be less depending on what gas you use, I use Propane.

Accuracy: The accuracy on semi auto is good just like any M92 but on full auto and 3 round burst, I'm not really that accurate. Perhaps I'm not controlling the gun correctly though.

Any Upgrades you have installed: I have installed no upgrades, it will most likely stay stock because there is no use in messing with the gun's durability when it fires flawlessly in stock form with decent FPS.

Conclusion: I would recommend buying one of these KWA M93Rs. I have seen very little used M93Rs for slae compared to any other guns and I take it that almost anyone who owns one loves it. I may wind up buying a spare mag for it sometime in the future when I'm not broke. I haven't had a single problem with my M93R yet and I've owned it for maybe a year or two now and everyone that I allow to fire my M93R has loved it.

That's it, I hoped you all enjoy my review. Please PM me if you have any questions or suggesstions.
vietec
Does anyone have any picture requests or suggestions?
44_Magnum
QUOTE (vietec @ Dec 30 2006, 10:24 PM) *

Try to make your sentences and paragraphs flow into each other. I'm not even that good at it, but it makes a review fun to read.
vietec
Thanks for the feedback, I think that flowing them together may not be an option because I followed a template. But yay! I finally got some form of feedback on my review.
EvilJester
I appreciated the photographs accompanying what you were saying about it. Sounds/looks like a good gun.
LoneWolf223
hmm personally I think it doesnt look that great with a silencer because it makes it a little too long. But yeah I saw that auction on ebay and I watched it with tears in my eye (lol jk) because I was broke then. but yeah I love m93rs , they are so unique out on the battlefield.
vietec
QUOTE (EvilJester @ Jan 1 2007, 11:23 AM) *
I appreciated the photographs accompanying what you were saying about it. Sounds/looks like a good gun.

Thanks to all of you (just 3 so far) that left back feedback. The silencer/supressor is something that some people like and some people don't like. I like how it looks but most people say that the silencer makes the gun too long. This gun is very beautiful and I like it, the bad thing is that I don't have any fields near by so I can't get in a real skirmish wish it.
rhodekill_96
QUOTE (vietec @ Dec 30 2006, 10:24 PM) *

Could you take a picture of the slide locked back?
vietec
Here you are.

forrest225
thanks for the review you have helped me make up my mind to buy it for my first gbb! ;-)
^^ love doin that!
vietec
QUOTE (forrest225 @ Feb 4 2007, 08:58 PM) *
thanks for the review you have helped me make up my mind to buy it for my first gbb! ;-)
^^ love doin that!

thanks, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as me. Or was your decision to not get the gun? Anyhow, any pic request or questions?
funkymunky
Sorry if this sounds stupid...but what exactly is the purpose of the flip-out thing in front of the trigger guard? I mean, it kind of looks like a little pistol bipod or something...or a front handle? I don't know.
vietec
QUOTE (funkymunky @ Feb 5 2007, 03:46 PM) *
Sorry if this sounds stupid...but what exactly is the purpose of the flip-out thing in front of the trigger guard? I mean, it kind of looks like a little pistol bipod or something...or a front handle? I don't know.

That doesn't sound stupid at all. It is a foregrip. On the real steel version, it is used to keep the barrel climb from getting out of control when in burst mode. On the airsoft version, it can be used for the same reason but it's not really needed. I like it because it makes holding the gun double handed very comfortable.
funkymunky
Alright, thanks. That's a smart idea, though, to keep the recoil down. It also makes a neat little bipod-ish thing for...sniping?
vietec
Not so sure about being an effective bipod, it isn't quite long enough but sure, it might be able to serve as a bipod if you want. I wouldn't suggest it though. I thought it maade the gun very unique though.
xgeneratorx
is the bar thing on the front of the gun removeable?
assaultmonkey
QUOTE (funkymunky @ Feb 5 2007, 11:10 PM) *
Alright, thanks. That's a smart idea, though, to keep the recoil down. It also makes a neat little bipod-ish thing for...sniping?

Well seeing as how it's shorter than the handle, you'd probably have trouble making it into a bipod. I guess you could use it on some sort of rest though.
funkymunky
That's what I meant, really. Not a bipod, but more of a steadying...bar...thing....Or display mount! Like in the pictures of it with the slide locked back.
vietec
QUOTE (funkymunky @ Feb 7 2007, 10:28 AM) *
That's what I meant, really. Not a bipod, but more of a steadying...bar...thing....Or display mount! Like in the pictures of it with the slide locked back.

yeah, I took that pose from ehobbyasia's ad. I thought that was a good pose for the gun.
vietec
I want to update based on finally recieving greengas. I got to use my gun today. I noticed that if the gas level got low, the BBs will just roll out of the barrel. I am not sure if I need to replace the hop-up or something. I'll look into this. I'll report back when I find out if it is a common problem or if the hop-up is messed up. still though, with the gas full this thing is a beast after two years.
yayapfool
I love you =)
I'm getting this gun now, was thinkin about it, but now I know it's reliable and looks like a sexy devil
a-yesnod.gif
vietec
QUOTE (yayapfool @ Jul 19 2008, 03:05 AM) *
I love you =)
I'm getting this gun now, was thinkin about it, but now I know it's reliable and looks like a sexy devil
a-yesnod.gif

Hehe, it is a nice gun. Mine is still working, turns out that the only issue I ever had with it has been the hop-up sleeve expanding, which is easy to replace.
xXprefleXx
the scilencer on the pistol looks stupid cause its too long and the compensator is cut b4 the scilencer so it would b piontless if u tryed 2 suppress the pistol and if ur going 4 realism it isnt that realistic looking w/ the scilencer on
vietec
QUOTE (xXprefleXx @ Jul 24 2008, 08:01 PM) *
the scilencer on the pistol looks stupid cause its too long and the compensator is cut b4 the scilencer so it would b piontless if u tryed 2 suppress the pistol and if ur going 4 realism it isnt that realistic looking w/ the scilencer on

please take the time to read the entire thread, it's already been discussed. Also, please check your grammar and spelling. Really, I know that the suppressor was a big failure (it's off now), but your grammar and spelling is an epic fail.
Mr. Photo
Nice review, the one that I bought didn't work at all. But I think it was a lemon. And the fire rate can't be 18-20, I'm not bashing or anything it's just my KWA 18C can do 16 at 80 degrees with green gas. When mine worked it shot I think 14 maybe 15 on a good day.
Disco_Dante
QUOTE (Mr. Photo @ Aug 18 2008, 10:03 PM) *
Nice review, the one that I bought didn't work at all. But I think it was a lemon. And the fire rate can't be 18-20, I'm not bashing or anything it's just my KWA 18C can do 16 at 80 degrees with green gas. When mine worked it shot I think 14 maybe 15 on a good day.

So did it not work when you got it, or did it work for a while and then not work. What went wrong with it?
Mr. Photo
What happend was it didn't really work when I first got it. The problem I was having with it is that while I was shooting it whether it was on semi,full, or burst the slide would just lock back for now aparent reason and the mag wasn't even half way empty. I found out that the main spring wasn't very strong and I had to replace it. That's what a lot of people have had problems with. So when I go to take the slide off if just won't come off. I was doing everything right and it would slide a couple of inches and then stop. I think what the problem is with that is that the spring guide popped out of it's place and jammed the slide and there is no way to fix that. So that's what my problem was.
vietec
QUOTE (Mr. Photo @ Aug 18 2008, 10:03 PM) *

IDK, I was always quoted along something like that, so I took their word, seeing as how it'd be impossible for me to count it. When/if I do get a chronograph, I'll be sure to update this review for accuracy in everything. Either way, my KWA M93R II still serves me better than any other GBB I've had thus far, which is quite the few. The rest were all KWA anyways...so we all know most of the others are great too.
CFDjake
QUOTE (xXprefleXx @ Jul 24 2008, 07:01 PM) *

Good /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/, man. Use spell check and stop writing as if you are texting. I am not a grammar nazi, but this post is breathtaking in its grammatical errors, linguistic slang/shortcuts and misspellings.
Mr. Photo
QUOTE (CFDjake @ Aug 19 2008, 12:23 PM) *
Good /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/, man. Use spell check and stop writing as if you are texting. I am not a grammar nazi, but this post is breathtaking in its grammatical errors, linguistic slang/shortcuts and misspellings.

He has a point, my theory is that you have a full keyboard infront of you, there is no need to use the texting lingo. Same go's for phones with full keyboards.
yayapfool
oops!, replied to wrong guy.
yayapfool
QUOTE (CFDjake @ Aug 19 2008, 04:23 PM) *

lol, calm down guys, if you can understand what he's typing without squinting, who cares?
it's just a faster way of typing for him I guess.
New0345
Could you take a picture of inside the chamber thanks. a-thumbsup.gif
vietec
QUOTE (New0345 @ Aug 29 2008, 03:24 PM) *
Could you take a picture of inside the chamber thanks. a-thumbsup.gif

Do you mean the blowback chamber? Which portion of it do you need pictured?
New0345
QUOTE (vietec @ Aug 29 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Do you mean the blow back chamber? Which portion of it do you need pictured?

The BB chamber please
vietec
Sure thing, wasn't sure if you wanted a pic of it with the mag in, or without, but here you are:

Without mag:

With mag:

Thanks.
New0345
QUOTE (vietec @ Aug 29 2008, 09:23 PM) *
Sure thing, wasn't sure if you wanted a pic of it with the mag in, or without, but here you are:

Hey,thanks alot, great review by the way
vietec
QUOTE (New0345 @ Aug 30 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Hey,thanks alot, great review by the way

No problem, if anyone else needs any info, I'll try my hardest to get it for you.
project-c2
I just bought one. And I too like it. So far took it out to one game. I only got one mag as of now, but loving it. The three round burst is a great feature. A side note however. When I first got my gun, there was no lube on any of the parts, easy fix, just sprayed silicone on all moving parts.
vietec
QUOTE (project-c2 @ Sep 5 2008, 04:13 AM) *
I just bought one. And I too like it. So far took it out to one game. I only got one mag as of now, but loving it. The three round burst is a great feature. A side note however. When I first got my gun, there was no lube on any of the parts, easy fix, just sprayed silicone on all moving parts.

You probably got a gun from old stock or something, as mine was lubed pretty well, I always clean off the old lube and relube myself anyhow.
Nyaghost
How difficult is it to remove the foregrip? I plan on getting this gun soon, but am unsure of whether I will want the grip on the gun, or if I will modify it for something else. Thanks.
vietec
It's a matter of opening a snap ring, the rest will slide out easily. I would personally keep it if I were you, since it really does feel comfy to hold. You can however, see if the TM foregrip rail will fit on this, although I wouldn't know personally. However, to answer your original question, it should be easy to remove the foregrip.
MJP
QUOTE (vietec @ May 24 2009, 12:02 AM) *
It's a matter of opening a snap ring, the rest will slide out easily. I would personally keep it if I were you, since it really does feel comfy to hold. You can however, see if the TM foregrip rail will fit on this, although I wouldn't know personally. However, to answer your original question, it should be easy to remove the foregrip.

How does it perform in colder temperatures (40 and below)? I'm toying with AEP vs. GBB for a backup weapon and Jersey climates can be a bit temperate.
vietec
QUOTE (MJP @ Jul 23 2009, 08:35 AM) *
How does it perform in colder temperatures (40 and below)? I'm toying with AEP vs. GBB for a backup weapon and Jersey climates can be a bit temperate.

I would honestly be able to say that you wouldn't really want to go with anything besides semi auto, and be sure to keep the mags warm...otherwise, you will get a few shots off and you'll be done for. If you get a GBB for winter games and all, try getting the NS2 M93R, although I'm not a fan of the looks on that particular gun, I'm sure it can handle cold conditions a bit better than these...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module