Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping Airsoft Guns To Nyc
Airsoft Forum > General > New Members
AirsoftGuy1
hey there are some nice airsoft guns on Ebay, does anyone know if it is illegal to buy some and have them shipped to NYC, Brooklyn? if the Ebay buyer is willing to ship them to me, will they arrive in NYC? or does the USPS or UPS not let them and confiscate the airsoft guns? your experience on this matter is appreciated, thanks in advance a-cheesy.gif
ZBEAR
QUOTE (AirsoftGuy1 @ May 15 2007, 06:50 AM) *
hey there are some nice airsoft guns on Ebay, does anyone know if it is illegal to buy some and have them shipped to NYC, Brooklyn? if the Ebay buyer is willing to ship them to me, will they arrive in NYC? or does the USPS or UPS not let them and confiscate the airsoft guns? your experience on this matter is appreciated, thanks in advance a-cheesy.gif

Since pocessing the airsoft in NYC is illegal it is a safe bet they can't be shipped there a-nonod.gif
sorry
AirsoftGuy1
is it illegal to ship it? or is it up to the seller to decide whether to ship or not? some sellers on ebay for example say that they WILL ship to NYC. would it be confiscated by the mail USPS in transit or not??? anyone know this?
DWTactx
it will probably be confiscated.
Siyth
A question. Is it illegal in all of New York? Or just the city area.
C4nnibal
QUOTE (ZBEAR @ May 15 2007, 12:24 PM) *
Since pocessing the airsoft in NYC is illegal it is a safe bet they can't be shipped there a-nonod.gif
sorry

You mean possess...

And you are correct the possession of Airsoft and replica firearms in New York along with some other states(Not sure exactly) is illegal, I would say that it is in fact illegal to ship one into New York City.
It is possible though that you are able to own clear airsoft guns, look into your local laws about that. That would stink majorly though since you wouldn't be able to get any metal replicas, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen a gas pistol that was clear before...

O well good luck getting one, even if you do get one though, where are you gonna play it? Central park? I'm pretty sure theres no place to play airsoft in NYC, unless...are there any paintball fields nearby, because they MIGHT sell airsoft guns if they also have an airsoft field.

Good Luck,
Cody(Aka FreakyWeak)
a-american.gif

P.S. Only places I've ever been in New York were in Highly Populated Neighborhoods, so I may be 100% wrong about you being able to play near your home.
sachiel9051
So, here's the thing, it's illegal to ship to NYC, to own an airsoft gun in NYC, and to sell an airsoft gun in NYC. Of course, no one ever cares.
DWTactx
Airsoft is illegal in NYC, period.
It is not illegal in the state of New York.

City laws supersede state laws supersede national laws supersede g0d.

If they catch you with an airsoft gun, they will probably confiscate it and lock it up in the evidence locker for a bit before it is destroyed along with firearms.

You could probably have it shipped to an airsoft-friendly business outside of NYC and you go pick it up with a handling cost, but I don't recommend it.

Because it's illegal... And breaking the law isn't good.
AirsoftGuy1
do u guys recomend buying an airsoft on ebay and have it shipped to nyc? the sellers on ebay say "yes we will ship". however do u think it will be confiscated by the USPS in transit? does the USPS check packages in metal detector before shipping? anyone also know the consequences of owning airsoft in nyc if they catch u? thanks people
sachiel9051
A VERY heavy fine, possible juvie, if that's not possible, jail time for your folks. If they catch you with one, and it has bbs in it, 3-5 year of prison. It's the same as an unlicensed firearm.

Oh, don't ask for help on how to break the law.
DWTactx
QUOTE (AirsoftGuy1 @ May 15 2007, 06:20 PM) *
do u guys recomend buying an airsoft on ebay and have it shipped to nyc? the sellers on ebay say "yes we will ship". however do u think it will be confiscated by the USPS in transit? does the USPS check packages in metal detector before shipping? anyone also know the consequences of owning airsoft in nyc if they catch u? thanks people

Your question has been answered several times.

It
will
be
confiscated.

They x-ray all packages.
Anavrin128
As an airsoft owner in NYC, I just want to clear up a few things. Yes, owning an airsoft gun is illegal in NYC, but I haven't had any problems at all getting it shipped to my home. Ive gotten airsoft guns shipped by USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex, and none have been confiscated. They all came with the orange tip, but no boxes were even opened up or checked by the shipping companies. Some airsoft websites strictly say they will not ship to NYC, but Ive only seen two websites like this. The law is a strict law, but its more to prevent idiots bringing them in public (which is is essentially everywhere outside your home because NYC is very populated). There are airsoft stores on Long Island, and a few fields, so while its impossible to PLAY airsoft in Manhattan, or any other boroughs, its not too hard to own a gun or play on Long Island. Again, it is illegal to own airsoft guns in NYC, but its not something you should worry about if you are over 18 and responsible. Never bring it outside or use it in your home if you have nosy neighbors.
twig978
Its not illegal any other place then the city but if you do get one it has to be clear or a very bright color.
sachiel9051
QUOTE (twig978 @ May 19 2007, 11:16 PM) *
has to be clear or a very bright color.
All airsoft guns are considered to be the same as real firearms in the city. Clear/bright colored or not.
ShotgunProxy
QUOTE (DWTactx @ May 15 2007, 08:41 PM) *
Airsoft is illegal in NYC, period.
It is not illegal in the state of New York.

City laws supersede state laws supersede national laws supersede g0d.

If they catch you with an airsoft gun, they will probably confiscate it and lock it up in the evidence locker for a bit before it is destroyed along with firearms.

You could probably have it shipped to an airsoft-friendly business outside of NYC and you go pick it up with a handling cost, but I don't recommend it.

Because it's illegal... And breaking the law isn't good.

Sorry bud, but you're absolutely wrong.

First of all, the Constitution clearly states in its supremacy clause that the Constitution and all treaties are the supreme law of the land. You have your law knowledge a little bit mixed up there. The Constitution is considered the highest source of law in our nation, not city laws.

Also, they don't x-ray packages and confiscate them. I lived in Manhattan and have never had trouble getting airsoft packages shipped there. It's even easier if you live in the other boroughs, because retailers simply don't know that Rego Park, Jamaica, Flushing Meadows, etc. are part of the five boroughs of NYC. If you live in Manhattan you at least have to list New York, NY as your shipping address.
DWTactx
Your right, shouldn't have added the 'supersedes national law.]

As for x-raying packages, I worked for UPS, anything purchased from over seas [most airsoft purchases, unless you do airsoft GI] is x-rayed unless marked that they shouldn't be, then they are hand-searched.
mcnuggets
I live in NYC and I've had a few airsoft guns shipped to me. USPS, FedEx, UPS don't know a thing AFAIK. I live in Queens though where it's easier to hide the fact that I'm within the city limits. Brooklyn may be a different story.
ShotgunProxy
QUOTE (DWTactx @ May 22 2007, 02:49 AM) *
Your right, shouldn't have added the 'supersedes national law.]

As for x-raying packages, I worked for UPS, anything purchased from over seas [most airsoft purchases, unless you do airsoft GI] is x-rayed unless marked that they shouldn't be, then they are hand-searched.

Yes, but the people who x-ray it don't know that it's illegal in the five boroughs of New York. Also, they don't even know what constitutes the five boroughs, as each neighborhood as its own name.

Finally, overseas shipping companies tend to use TNT and EMS Speedpost over UPS.
sachiel9051
Honestly, the original poster sounds like he's about 12. pretty bad idea to tell someone that young that it's ok to break the law....
Ell Y
I live in Queens in NYC and have had multiple packages of airsoft delivered
none have been tampered with

as for overseas shipping, that may be a different story

also, I should note that I have received many ebay airsoft guns as well as from various online retailers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module