Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder Head/piston Head Interchangeable?
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Upgrades & Modifications
hydralover
are the cylinder head and piston head interchangeable between version 2 and version 3 gearboxes? cause the piston is...and the cylinders are... a-confused.gif a-confused.gif a-confused.gif
H0ndaJunkie
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 16 2007, 01:53 AM) *
are the cylinder head and piston head interchangeable between version 2 and version 3 gearboxes? cause the piston is...and the cylinders are... a-confused.gif a-confused.gif a-confused.gif

If you're talking about guarder stainless steel upgrade cylinder heads, no.....the ver 2 and ver 3 are quite different. Unmodified stock cylinder heads however should be able to be used in either gearbox, which is true for the cylinder too.....they work in all gearboxes.

With the cylinder head, you just need to be careful and make sure you use one that has the right sized tube that the nozzle sits on.....some guns like the AUG have a slightly longer tube.
matrixiskool
Im pretty sure stock cylinder heads are different between v2 and v3, and theres another v3 for AUG/sig.
M4aRmY
piston head are perfectly interchangable, but its best to get the cylinder head that maches your gearbox and cylinder/gun type.
Whorify
with cylinder sets, the only thing you need to worry about V2 or V3 is the Cylinder head
H0ndaJunkie
QUOTE (Whorify @ Jun 16 2007, 10:57 AM) *
with cylinder sets, the only thing you need to worry about V2 or V3 is the Cylinder head

That's pretty much what I meant......sorry if I wasn't clear. a-surrender.gif
hydralover
systema silent piston head/cylinder head?
Whorify
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 17 2007, 12:33 AM) *
systema silent piston head/cylinder head?

just make sure it's V2 or V3, or whatever model your gun is
hydralover
QUOTE (Whorify @ Jun 17 2007, 02:18 AM) *
just make sure it's V2 or V3, or whatever model your gun is

I bought the V2 cylinder set for my m4, but I might get an AUG, and I'm wondering if the piston head/cylidner head are interchangeable because I know the piston is, and you can sitck an AUG cylinder in a m4 gearbox, so the cylinder head should be...but I don't know a-surrender.gif

air nozzles are different lengths, though, right?
matrixiskool
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 17 2007, 04:23 PM) *
I bought the V2 cylinder set for my m4, but I might get an AUG, and I'm wondering if the piston head/cylidner head are interchangeable because I know the piston is, and you can sitck an AUG cylinder in a m4 gearbox, so the cylinder head should be...but I don't know a-surrender.gif

air nozzles are different lengths, though, right?

-Piston heads are universal
-Pistons are universal
-Cylinder heads must match up with certain gearboxes/guns
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7
-Cylinders are universal although the V7 is a millimeter or two longer and Im not sure a regular cylinder would work
hydralover
QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 17 2007, 01:37 PM) *
-Piston heads are universal
-Pistons are universal
-Cylinder heads must match up with certain gearboxes/guns
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7
-Cylinders are universal although the V7 is a millimeter or two longer and Im not sure a regular cylinder would work

I have the silent piston head/matching silent cylinder head for V2, would they work in an AUG
matrixiskool
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7

Those are all non compatible with each other so no.
Whorify
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 17 2007, 01:39 PM) *
I have the silent piston head/matching silent cylinder head for V2, would they work in an AUG

your best bet is to sell the set and buy an AUG cylinder set
hydralover
QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 17 2007, 05:35 PM) *
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7

Those are all non compatible with each other so no.

I know the different versions, but my reasoning is that if the cylinder is compatible, the piston head is compatible, and the piston is compatible, why isn't the cylinder head compatible? what's different? more specifically what's different between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder head?

QUOTE (Whorify @ Jun 17 2007, 07:46 PM) *
your best bet is to sell the set and buy an AUG cylinder set

I know, but that's slightly a hassle, and I would like to know anyway a-thumbsup.gif
matrixiskool
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 18 2007, 01:06 PM) *
I know the different versions, but my reasoning is that if the cylinder is compatible, the piston head is compatible, and the piston is compatible, why isn't the cylinder head compatible? what's different? more specifically what's different between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder head?
I know, but that's slightly a hassle, and I would like to know anyway a-thumbsup.gif

The difference between V2 adn V3's is the shape of the gearbox which requires a different tappet plate shape and a different cylinder head shape. The difference between V3 and V3-AUG/Sig is that the v3-AUG/Sig has a different hop up chamber and it is farther away so you need a longer nozzle and if you have a longer nozzle than you have to have a longer cylinder head spout. The difference between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder heads is the shape.
hydralover
QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 18 2007, 12:12 PM) *
The difference between V2 adn V3's is the shape of the gearbox which requires a different tappet plate shape and a different cylinder head shape. The difference between V3 and V3-AUG/Sig is that the v3-AUG/Sig has a different hop up chamber and it is farther away so you need a longer nozzle and if you have a longer nozzle than you have to have a longer cylinder head spout. The difference between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder heads is the shape.

thanks, I'll try to sell the v2 set and buy the v3 set a-thumbsup.gif
Whorify
QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 18 2007, 12:12 PM) *

the difference between cylinders is only the guide holes where it's locked into the gearbox. the V3 holes are smaller. and all guns use different sized airnozzle with using a different hopup system because of the lenghts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module