Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top 10 Airsoft Sniper Rifles
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Sniper Rifles
hirojlance
I plan on doing a little project with sniper rifles to help people decide which to get, and for that I need the top 10 airsoft rifles.

Please post your #1 favorite and then your top five favorite gas and spring sniper rifles.

Thank you for your help, I'll put my project together and you can see the result in a week or so!
yakuzaninja
*Tokyo Mauri VSR-10*

Tops
-Classic army M24(spring/gas)
-Tanaka M700 AICS (gas)
-Maruzen L96
-KJW m700(gas)
-Tokyo Mauri PSG-1
shade_1313
could be a difficult one to answer... I'm betting that most people only have experience using 1-3 sniper type rifles at all, although there'll be those who've had their hands on several. myself, I have a UTG type 96 and an AtoZ dragunov. I love the dragunov first and foremost, although the 96 is also a fine rifle, especially for the price.

I think for flavor and performance, I'd go with the SVD, although it's heck on your concealment unless you cover up the beautiful gun with something... the 96 is much easier for me to stomach covering. if I had the money, I'd totally get another SVD and paint one...
DWTactx
VSR-10 G-Spec
Tanaka AICS

My two additions.. G-Spec is a fine rifle, very customizable.
Mofomilitia
Although I plan to get a Tanaka soon, I beleive the Maruzen has better potential if youve got $700+ lying around.

1. Maruzen L96

2. Tanaka M24/700/AICS/M40a1 (they are all the same)

3. TM G-spec for its upgrade volume.

4. UTG M324 (yes im serious)- why? for bringing the idea of sniping to the less affluent airsofters, kicking off the fad of 400+ china snipers for cheap.

5. Druganov- I think the Atoz, whichever is real wood.- because its so Darn awesome.

6. CA M24- not as good as the Maruzen but still a high quality sniper rifle.
Chris R
I think that along wih the best rifles, you should include some good ones that are cheaper, but still bring good stuff to the table, like that mk96. But yeah, tm vsr, and maruzen guns are up there...
hirojlance
QUOTE (Christafuarion @ Jul 25 2007, 02:17 AM) *
I think that along wih the best rifles, you should include some good ones that are cheaper, but still bring good stuff to the table, like that mk96. But yeah, tm vsr, and maruzen guns are up there...

Yes. I'm not looking for the best rifles; Im looking for your favorite. I need cheap-favorites, expensive favorites and everything in-between.

Thank you all for posting your opinions. Based on the ones YOU list, I will go research, test and make my own helpful 'something' for the site.
B0rnTo$nipe
1. TM G-Spec

2. Tanaka M700

3. CA M24

4. KJW M700

5. Maruzen L96

6. UTG M324

7. SVD Dragonuv

8. Sun Project M40 A1 SV

9.Marui VSR 10 Pro-Sniper

10. JG Bar 10
RaptorEye
I like all of them equally, except the TM PSG-1 and Dragunov, which I hate because for one, they are way too loud, inaccurate, and they are semi-automatic.
shade_1313
QUOTE (RaptorEye @ Jul 25 2007, 07:59 AM) *
I like all of them equally, except the TM PSG-1 and Dragunov, which I hate because for one, they are way too loud, inaccurate, and they are semi-automatic.

umm... the AtoZ dragunov we're mentioning is spring cocking. the real steel is semi, but not the airsoft in question.
RocketPropeldCorn
1. VSR-10 Pro
2. Tanaka rifles
3. VSR-10 G-Spec
4. Maruzen ASP series
5. Maruzen L96
6. KWJ M700 series
7. Classic Army M24
8. Jing Jong BAR-10
9. UTG M324
10. UTG Mk96

(This list was based on what I have learned about on the forum and by word of mouth. I don't have experiance with all of these rifles but I did my best to put them in order).
171stSniper
1)VSR series

Maruzen L96
PDI M24
CA M24
Sun Project M40xb
UTG MK96
JG BAR 10
Tanaka M40a1 USMC
hirojlance
Thank you everyone. I'm returing to the US in 2 days, and a few days after that I will make my project. Thanks for the replies.
JBauer2492
favorite is my Atoz armaments dragunov svd, for its power, accuracy, and style. You don't have to upgrade anything else in the gun to throw in a stronger spring. Someone on redsoldier forum used a Prometheus ms190 and got 550fps with 0.30g.
Hari
1-Maruzen Type 96
2-any other APS 2 series
3-Vsr-10 series
4-Tanaka gas rifles (except those with the long mag, they drop fps, the valves don't lock as a short mag do) include the K98 (I know what I'm talking about).
5-Atoz SVD

Special awards

Revelation:

I include one extra, the Marushin M1 Carbine 8mm, It's a fact that in veteran hand it's an accurate sniper rifle (I don't call it DMR coz I think it meet the conditions for snipe).

Economic award:

Mk96, with less money you could start to play and learnt how hard the sniper role its (not as videogame or films show).

Crappy option:

Super 9?
azoneman
How could anyone forget the WA-2000?
Hari
QUOTE (azoneman @ Jul 26 2007, 12:45 AM) *
How could anyone forget the WA-2000?

I never see one or have one....so I can't have an opinion of it. But for the price...I hope it fires very very well.......
azoneman
QUOTE (Hari @ Jul 25 2007, 07:11 PM) *
I never see one or have one....so I can't have an opinion of it. But for the price...I hope it fires very very well.......

It won't stand up against newer rifles, but it is the ultimate airsoft collector's item.

Details on the Asashi WA-2000 DX can be found on Wikipedia.

Only 125 were ever produced.
Hari
QUOTE (azoneman @ Jul 26 2007, 01:25 AM) *
Only 125 were ever produced.

250 in fact, 125 deluxe and 125 standar a-jester.gif
azoneman
QUOTE (Hari @ Jul 25 2007, 07:52 PM) *
250 in fact, 125 deluxe and 125 standar a-jester.gif

Touche, I was thinking of the DX.
Enzo_Guy
VFC is producing a new Barret M82A1 that could take the WA-2000's title as ultimate collector sniper rifle. With only 100 M82s being produced and wearing a price tag of $1500, it could actually be the ultimate sniper rifle (it even fires a field-legal ~430fps with green gas, or at least that's what VFC claims).
RocketPropeldCorn
QUOTE (Enzo_Guy @ Jul 28 2007, 06:02 PM) *
VFC is producing a new Barret M82A1 that could take the WA-2000's title as ultimate collector sniper rifle. With only 100 M82s being produced and wearing a price tag of $1500, it could actually be the ultimate sniper rifle (it even fires a field-legal ~430fps with green gas, or at least that's what VFC claims).

If I remember correctly the VFC M82 uses 8mm bbs which are not exactly suited for sniping.
hicapa
QUOTE (hirojlance @ Jul 25 2007, 10:18 AM) *
Thank you everyone. I'm returing to the US in 2 days, and a few days after that I will make my project. Thanks for the replies.

If possible, can you put your findings on youtube. Visuals are always good in presentations. Thx
joker8baller
1.) Tanaka M700 -> Accurate, high-powered, and perfect for long distance sniping.
2.) Asashi WA-2000 DX -> Just because it outranges any gun out there, freakin expensive, and sexy beyound reason
3.) Maruzen L96 -> Sexy, can be upgraded easily, and feels awesome.
4.) VFC Barrett -> Just cause it's huge, it may have problems but it's sexy.
5.) TM VSR-10 -> Stock just looks plasticky, $$$ to upgrade, but reliability is there
6.) UTG MK96 -> Stock tightbore, accepts Maruzen parts, cheap to upgrade.
7.) JG BAR-10 -> Clone of VSR. Goes 500+ fps after a simple mod.
8.) CA M24 -> Good stock, though someone on ASR's broke in half during shipment, very unreliable gun, finicky, requires a lot of tuning.
171stSniper
QUOTE (joker8baller @ Jul 29 2007, 12:04 PM) *
4.) VFC Barrett -> Just cause it's huge, it may have problems but it's sexy.
5.) TM VSR-10 -> Stock just looks plasticky, $$$ to upgrade, but reliability is there
6.) UTG MK96 -> Stock tightbore, accepts Maruzen parts, cheap to upgrade.
7.) JG BAR-10 -> Clone of VSR. Goes 500+ fps after a simple mod.

The Barrett goes before the VSR?!?! I would put reliabality before sexy, and the UTG wont be cheap to upgrade because the stock trigger housing is plastic so you need to buy a zero trigger, and a new cylinder, and whats the mod you can do to the JG BAR 10 to make it go 500+ fps? Just curious?
BoostedBlue
OH cmon guys, where are the Really Cool sniper rifles?
(in no particular order)

-Asahi M40A1
-Asahi WA2000
-Asahi L96
-Asahi Blaser R93 (only because of the linear cocking system)
-VFC Barrett M82A1
-PDI Dragunov
-Maruzen APS-2 (Because of massive upgrade potential)
-Tm VSR-10 (Same thing)
-Tanaka M24 SWS
-Sun Project M40 for the upgrade potential and looks.
tucsonshooter
QUOTE (171stSniper @ Jul 29 2007, 11:14 AM) *
, and whats the mod you can do to the JG BAR 10 to make it go 500+ fps? Just curious?

You cut the airbreak at least half way and do the teflon mod.
I think itīs kind of exagerated, but I havent tried it so idk. Pretty much all the info out there on the gun is based on a review on asr by crimson falcon, who talks in his review like he wants to make love to the gun.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=35488.0
http://groups.google.com/group/asgar/web/s...s--new-releases
aussieak
personaly I'd go for the SVD Dragunov
Guerrilla Fighter
QUOTE (aussieak @ Jul 29 2007, 07:16 PM) *
personaly I'd go for the SVD Dragunov

YAHyahYAH a-grin.gif

Same here
azoneman
Definately the Asahi M40. Almost all of them were destroyed by the Japanese government because they could be made to fire real bullets. (.22 conversion kit for Remington 700.)
Skate Rat 19
Tanaka Kar 98

hands down, our team uses them as a kind of standard issue rifle. One guy had his for 3 YEARS and never had to buy anything but gas and bbs. Another person took his underwater as he was crawling up a stream and it still worked and didn't damage the hop-up. it is extremely durable, you couldn't break it if you tried. also is it very user friendly.

Atoz Armaments Dragunov SVD

This is my baby it shoots just as good as the Kar 98 but is less user friendly. With experience this isn't an issue but it still makes it in a way not as good.

Tokyo Marui G-spec

This is so small yet effective. Somehow the silencer actually works, it fires almost as good as the Dragunov

these are 3 rifles I know of
joker8baller
QUOTE (tucsonshooter @ Jul 29 2007, 04:52 PM) *
You cut the airbreak at least half way and do the teflon mod.
I think itīs kind of exagerated, but I havent tried it so idk. Pretty much all the info out there on the gun is based on a review on asr by crimson falcon, who talks in his review like he wants to make love to the gun.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=35488.0
http://groups.google.com/group/asgar/web/s...s--new-releases

The guy is an expert with airsoft sniper rifles. He's custom made a computer chip for his CA M24 to regulate hop-up because it shoots hard.

Either way, you need a zero trigger in the VSR or the MK96... Same difference.

I despise the Marui VSR-10. First, I really really hate the stock. Second, people in Hong Kong put over 2k USD in their guns, and it performs at about 50 feet more than my stock Tanaka M700.
tucsonshooter
QUOTE (joker8baller @ Jul 29 2007, 10:56 PM) *
He's custom made a computer chip for his CA M24 to regulate hop-up because it shoots hard.

thats pretty cool
Iīm a journalism student, and in reviews your supposed to write with an unbiased point of view and not editorialize because then itīs more like advertising, but hey hes not writing for a published magazine or anything so itīs not like the ethics of journalism apply
RocketPropeldCorn
QUOTE (joker8baller @ Jul 29 2007, 10:56 PM) *
I despise the Marui VSR-10. First, I really really hate the stock. Second, people in Hong Kong put over 2k USD in their guns, and it performs at about 50 feet more than my stock Tanaka M700.

So you don't like the stock and the Japananise owners? I bet they payed for about 1k in extra parts. I can tell you for a fact that you can get rather consistant (not garenteed!) 300 foot shots with maybe around $800-850.
171stSniper
I don't know how someone can put 2k into a VSR, they could but first they would have to upgrade with laylax parts, then change to bore up and get about three different tbs, and a new stock then maybe they are close to 2k.

and how does making a computer chip help with a hard hop up? Im truly curious.
joker8baller
QUOTE (171stSniper @ Jul 30 2007, 09:56 AM) *
I don't know how someone can put 2k into a VSR, they could but first they would have to upgrade with laylax parts, then change to bore up and get about three different tbs, and a new stock then maybe they are close to 2k.
and how does making a computer chip help with a hard hop up? Im truly curious.

Not a clue XP Go ask him on ASR. I kinda left it at that, too complex for me.

Custom parts. In Hong Kong, they'll play with insane FPS's... Requiring most parts to be custom made ^^
Darn nice guns, shoot only 350 feet...

Exactly Rocket. $800 in upgrades + $200 for the gun = $1000.
I got my Tanaka for $400 + $70 for a Deescustom, and I'll have it shoot 300+ feet (Possibly a little more). Not to mention me having a PCS system so I can regulate power for various fields.

How do I not like Japanese owners? I never said that.
171stSniper
QUOTE (joker8baller @ Jul 30 2007, 11:46 AM) *
Not a clue XP Go ask him on ASR. I kinda left it at that, too complex for me.

Custom parts. In Hong Kong, they'll play with insane FPS's... Requiring most parts to be custom made ^^
Darn nice guns, shoot only 350 feet...

Exactly Rocket. $800 in upgrades + $200 for the gun = $1000.
I got my Tanaka for $400 + $70 for a Deescustom, and I'll have it shoot 300+ feet (Possibly a little more). Not to mention me having a PCS system so I can regulate power for various fields.

How do I not like Japanese owners? I never said that.

I thought they had laws keeping them at 328 fps in hong kong, correct me if Im wrong....that rhymed...anyway I would like to buy a gas rifle to compare it to my VSR but now that green gas is no longer shippable I need to get an HPA rig and that costs a good amount and Im not ready to start a big project like that yet, not even close.
joker8baller
QUOTE (171stSniper @ Jul 30 2007, 10:49 AM) *
I thought they had laws keeping them at 328 fps in hong kong, correct me if Im wrong....that rhymed...anyway I would like to buy a gas rifle to compare it to my VSR but now that green gas is no longer shippable I need to get an HPA rig and that costs a good amount and Im not ready to start a big project like that yet, not even close.

Not in Hong Kong. My friend wanted to airsoft with me with a 750 fps gun... I had to turn him down.

Green Gas is shippable, just with DOT cans. Anyways, don't use GG with a Tanaka, use Propane. Cheap, easy to find, and perfect for the Tanaka.
Private Matthew
Smokey's Gunhouse Barrett M82A1
Airsoft_Guru
tokyo marui vsr-10 g-spec

then four of my favorites:
maruzen tpe 96
ca m24
atoz armaments dragunov
kjw m700
masamune
QUOTE (Airsoft_Guru @ Jul 30 2007, 05:18 PM) *
tokyo marui vsr-10 g-spec

then four of my favorites:
maruzen tpe 96
ca m24
atoz armaments dragunov
kjw m700

KJW but no tanaka?

Honestly its a tie between the Tanaka and the TM.....The TM at its finest is extremely accurate and has a constant FPS but as you upgrade it it becomes louder (not louder then an AEG but its still a piston clapping inside a cylinder) and harder to chamber. The Tanaka can become EXTREMELY powerful which means Extreme ranges (for an airsoft gun) as well as the Silence of an NBB and chambering a follow up shot is a dream, but the FPS is not static which means your ranges will fluctuate (which isn't a problem if you operating within your maxium effective range)

The ASP would be a close third and from there I personally would avoid any of the remaining guns (I hear the STAR L96 may be an exception)
hirojlance
QUOTE (masamune @ Jul 30 2007, 08:30 PM) *
KJW but no tanaka?
Honestly its a tie between the Tanaka and the TM.....The TM at its finest is extremely accurate and has a constant FPS but as you upgrade it it becomes louder (not louder then an AEG but its still a piston clapping inside a cylinder) and harder to chamber. The Tanaka can become EXTREMELY powerful which means Extreme ranges (for an airsoft gun) as well as the Silence of an NBB and chambering a follow up shot is a dream, but the FPS is not static which means your ranges will fluctuate (which isn't a problem if you operating within your maxium effective range)

The ASP would be a close third and from there I personally would avoid any of the remaining guns (I hear the STAR L96 may be an exception)

mmm.

Thank you everyone for your input, Im still being hit by jetlag...so havent gotten around to my project; which btw is going to be a flow-chart of "which sniper should I get"...didnt tell you guys earlier because I know someone will steal the idea ><.

And masamune, your sig is wrong. Tenticals and school girls were definetly more popular for the guys than airsoft...
Chris R
QUOTE (hirojlance @ Jul 30 2007, 10:33 PM) *
mmm.

Thank you everyone for your input, Im still being hit by jetlag...so havent gotten around to my project; which btw is going to be a flow-chart of "which sniper should I get"...didnt tell you guys earlier because I know someone will steal the idea ><.

And masamune, your sig is wrong. Tenticals and school girls were definetly more popular for the guys than airsoft...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow, lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module