Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do Propane Adaptors And Silicon Work?
Airsoft Forum > AirSoft Replicas, Tech Talk and Advice > Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs
The Black Playa
Could somebody please explaing how propane adaptors work and how to put silicon in it?
Meety Peety
QUOTE (The Black Playa @ Oct 16 2007, 06:25 PM) *
Could somebody please explaing how propane adaptors work and how to put silicon in it?

The most common way people lube with propane is by filling up the mag, then putting a drop on the first round of that mage and firing it through the gun. I personally break down my guns and clean/lube it thouroughly, and I've also heard of people putting a drop or two of lube in between where the adapter and the propane bottle connect together so that it mixes and fills lubed gas into the mag (just like how green gas works) I personally haven't tried the third method, so I can't say for sure if it really works (although im sure it does)
Romulus1
I only use the lube in the top of the propane container before installing the adapter method. I have taken my guns to pieces and this method seems to ensure good penetration.

As far as lubing a BB, that sounds like it would load the Hop-Up bucking up with silicon which is absolutely terrible for a guns performance.
BobMarley90
Sorry to go off topic a little, but speaking of propane adapters, most of us that use them know that propane smells like complete and total a-censored.gif , and makes you, your gun, and your surroundings smell like it to. that being said, is there a way to make it smell a little better?

thanks
1st Ranger
I think we may need to determine which propane adapter he is referring to (MadBull vs AI version X), because different adapter types require the end user to place the silicone oil in slightly dirrerent places.

I have the AI version 4 (last version prior to the release of the plastic ver 5). For that one, all you need to do is place a few drops straight onto the propane bottle's valve prior to attaching the adapter. I know older versions did things slightly differently.

As for the MadBull version, based on the pictures I have seen, I assume it would be done the same way as the AI ver. 4.

Sorry to go off topic a little, but speaking of propane adapters, most of us that use them know that propane smells like complete and total , and makes you, your gun, and your surroundings smell like it to. that being said, is there a way to make it smell a little better?

thanks

Not that I know of. I've never really thought it smelled bad enough that I would want to try to change it's odor. I think that we'll all just have to live with it. You could always use GG, but I'm sure that the cost difference between the two is what motivated you to go with propane in the 1st place.

1st
bat21win
Indoor courses are not the best place for propane. 3 or 4 guys using it in the same area and you have a serious problem.
tmal44
QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:28 PM) *
Sorry to go off topic a little, but speaking of propane adapters, most of us that use them know that propane smells like complete and total a-censored.gif , and makes you, your gun, and your surroundings smell like it to. that being said, is there a way to make it smell a little better?

thanks

u can (this is gonna sound weird)

u get your nice Lysol Neutra Air container, pop off th top and put the HFC134a gas adapter (Made by AI) on there, then pumb a TINY! bit of that in each mag. lol
Meety Peety
QUOTE (1st Ranger @ Oct 17 2007, 10:14 AM) *
I think we may need to determine which propane adapter he is referring to (MadBull vs AI version X), because different adapter types require the end user to place the silicone oil in slightly dirrerent places.

I have the AI version 4 (last version prior to the release of the plastic ver 5). For that one, all you need to do is place a few drops straight onto the propane bottle's valve prior to attaching the adapter. I know older versions did things slightly differently.

As for the MadBull version, based on the pictures I have seen, I assume it would be done the same way as the AI ver. 4.
Not that I know of. I've never really thought it smelled bad enough that I would want to try to change it's odor. I think that we'll all just have to live with it. You could always use GG, but I'm sure that the cost difference between the two is what motivated you to go with propane in the 1st place.

I use the Mad Bull XG01 adaptor, but I haven't had any problems as of yet. This could be because of my cleaning and lubing regularly though.
QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Oct 17 2007, 09:28 AM) *

As for the smell, I rarely shoot indoors, so it doesn't really bother me too much. If you shoot indoors, try some simple air freshener, it will kill the smell.. but its probably a good idea to at least open a window, its not good to breathe in propane, and I'm sure adding more chemicals (air freshener) to the air will just make it worse. None of my guns smell of propane just holding them, and I don't make a habbit of sniffing my guns haha. You're on your own with that one a-shocked.gif
Horsem4n
QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:28 PM) *

thanks

febreeze
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module