website template selector
226 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 22 2014, 05:40 PM

Der Weiner Meister

Group: Elite
Member No.: 16,301

Don't like heavy gun for playing.
  Forum: Gas Powered Rifles & Polarstar · Post Preview: #18779904 · Replies: 6 · Views: 142

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 22 2014, 05:38 PM

Der Weiner Meister

Oh I don't know.... I dare not to skirmish with my WA pistol. Can't find parts anymore.
  Forum: Gas Powered Rifles & Polarstar · Post Preview: #18779903 · Replies: 3 · Views: 95

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 21 2014, 06:12 PM

Der Weiner Meister

All Madbull rail from 2009 and up are compatible with LM4.

Also, just because the upper receiver thread isn't exactly mil-spec doesn't mean real fire arms rail is off the table. You just need to re-thread them and it's not hard at all.

The buffer tube is in fact Mil-spec. If anyone claims the stock is wobble is either they don't know what they are doing or install a Civi-spec stock which have a larger inner diameter.

I've recently sold my LM4 on Facebook. It's got a Madball Noveske Rail and a real Vltor stock.

https://www.facebook.com/Allizard1967/media...9383&type=3

Forum: Gas Powered Rifles & Polarstar · Post Preview: #18779785 · Replies: 9 · Views: 181

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 09:54 PM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Jul 12 2014, 08:18 AM) *
I held them in HK. THink of them as the new Real Sword. THeir receivers are stamped in a "factory" also like the RS models.

From what I've gather it's one of the supplier for Norinco.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779248 · Replies: 14 · Views: 322

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 8 2014, 06:09 PM

Der Weiner Meister

I must agree with Guges.

Airsoft gun shoot 6mm plastic BB. They are not intended for metal BB. It's unsafe and dangerous. If you really want to shoot metal BBs, Buy a gun that's intended for target shooting or hunting only.

Just because someone makes them, doesn't mean you should use them. So please for the sake of the airsoft community and growing this hobby. Please stop using it.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18778367 · Replies: 9 · Views: 359

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 5 2014, 11:03 AM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Jul 5 2014, 08:17 AM) *
What is the material of the Krytac Mechbox?

It's zinc alloy like 95% of all gearbox shell in the market. There will a different grade gearbox shell for upgrade later this year.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18778059 · Replies: 19 · Views: 476

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 4 2014, 04:15 PM

Der Weiner Meister

I can answer pretty much answer all Krytac question in terms of technical specification and design concept.

As for cost, if you can afford KWA SR7 and SR10. You can afford Krytac CRB or SPR. The price is within the same bracket range.

I took a short video the other day with the SPR running M150 spring. Everything else is STOCK.

http://youtu.be/bat0tPRA4Qs
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18777978 · Replies: 19 · Views: 476

Allizard
Posted on: Jul 3 2014, 01:36 AM

Der Weiner Meister

Oh wait... let me guess. Airsoft Mechanics?
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18777810 · Replies: 20 · Views: 757

Allizard
Posted on: Jun 27 2014, 01:38 AM

Der Weiner Meister

That's great news.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18777225 · Replies: 10 · Views: 923

Allizard
Posted on: Jun 19 2014, 04:27 PM

Der Weiner Meister

The basic answer is all about ROI = Return of Investment. How much money can one unique model make. The cost of creating a new airsoft model is anything from half a million or 1.5 million US dollar. Development time on average is 1 year. Not many airsoft company can risk that much time and money and expect to break even within 3-6 months. Secondly, in order to keep the cost down, you'll need volume sales. How many Arisaka can you sell?? Does every on want it?

That is the same reason why every airsoft companies are making M4 variant. Because that is the most wanted gun that everyone will buy and very low investment and little R&D time.

Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18776378 · Replies: 5 · Views: 429

Allizard
Posted on: May 29 2014, 06:11 PM

Der Weiner Meister

At 50k, it's normal to replace a few parts on the AEG. Especially for those guns on the lower end price bracket.

So when was the piston installed?
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18773928 · Replies: 14 · Views: 369

Allizard
Posted on: May 28 2014, 08:35 PM

Der Weiner Meister

We we don't even know how long you have the gun and how many rounds been fired. Furthermore, the titanium rack piston is not a stock item so someone have been tinkered with the gearbox. There is a chances something probably wasn't set right putting back together. On the other hand, it could also be the bevel gear just too soft. Without all these relevant information is really hard to give you an answer. All I know is your Titanium rack is the hardest part of the entire gear train, so if something is going to wear out, it will be the last one break which isn't necessary a good thing.

Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18773831 · Replies: 14 · Views: 369

Allizard
Posted on: May 28 2014, 12:39 AM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (Walter103 @ May 27 2014, 08:11 PM) *
Is it illadvised to mix gears of differing brands? Would I be better off buying a whole new set? A tech at my local shop short stroked my sector for no good reason anyway. What are some durable brands that won't break the bank?

Right now I'm running a guarder m120 at about 21rps, I may move to an m130 in the future. I'm running a deepfire full titanium rack piston in case it matters

Thanks!!

Walter

It's advised to buy the complete gear set. However, sometimes you need to changed out the pinion gear if the angle with the after market bevel gear don't match. You'll know when you adjust the motor height. It's still noisy no matter how you tried to adjust it. That said, this is still a smaller issue in compare with the whole gear train.

Remember this. Not all metal gears are using the same hardness. The harder material will always wear out the softer material. So if you are using a titanium rack, the force transfer all the way to the softest gear which is your bevel gear.

Personally I don't like to use full metal rack on piston. If there is something going to break or wear out in the gear train. I want the most inexpensive part to replace in the future.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18773749 · Replies: 14 · Views: 369

Allizard
Posted on: May 27 2014, 02:39 AM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (MP5User @ May 26 2014, 01:38 PM) *
First off, a 590mm barrel is going to hurt your performance more than it will help. Standard V2 cannot put out that kind of volume, period. 455mm is the maximum you can go with a type 0 cylinder.

KWA's 2-piece chambers annoy me, but since sticking to that is a requirement, you have to stick with that.

Investing your time into something like R-hop, or even flat hop is worth it if budget isnt a restriction. HS5/Clandestine has pre R-hopped barrels you can purchase if thats the route you want to go. If you go this way, buy a corresponding nub.

Prommy Purple, Lonex 50*, Systema, and G&G green are quality buckings. The Lonex and G&G are popular for flat hop as well.

The Shredder's/Polarstar SCS nub is a good one as well.

That being said, throwing the best this, and the best that, will not give you exponential performance. You may have to experiment a bit.

Humm I have to disagree on that. Type 0 cylinder will work on 509mm Tried it many time.

2-piece chambers. So how is it different from original TM M4?

Last I tried Prommy on KWA hop up is too tight. I suggest something thinner. Many have good results with G&G green bucking.

SCS nub is a good choice. But flatten bump inside the bucking is even better.

BTW... OP problem with the hop-up could simply because the nub is missing or the nub is just too soft.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18773629 · Replies: 5 · Views: 221

Allizard
Posted on: May 27 2014, 02:31 AM

Der Weiner Meister

You might have a stripped teeth on the gear. Time to open it up for inspection.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18773628 · Replies: 14 · Views: 369

Allizard
Posted on: May 27 2014, 02:22 AM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (ostfront @ May 23 2014, 12:18 AM) *
Japanese mfg is overpriced. They have good QC, which is one of the biggest problems plaguing chinese mfr. Prototype always come out perfect, but mass production, done by incompetent cheap labor are often whole other story. They can make spaceships but not a decent bicycle...

^^^ sound exactly like one company I know. lol...
  Forum: Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs · Post Preview: #18773627 · Replies: 17 · Views: 649

Allizard
Posted on: May 23 2014, 05:45 PM

Der Weiner Meister

This is the serial number on my LM4. Pretty much most KWA products will follow this format. Unless they have decided to changed it after we've left KWA.

R120402465US

R means Rifle
P means Pistol

Next 2 digits is the year which means 2012
Next 2 digits in the month which means April.
Next 5 digits is the serial number for that particular production. Meaning if the production date change, the serial number will reset to 0.

Last 2 characters is the region. KWA sold to different regions will have their region code.

US = USA
EU = Europe
UK = United Kingdom
HK = Hong Kong
TW = Taiwan

Now as for different generation, it's a bit more complicated. However the major generation changes with KWA is in 2010. This is when they begin to use the 2GX gearbox. The internal parts have subsequently changed bit by bit even after that. In 2012 they have begin to changed the gear design. I used to kept a log for all the changes but I left it there in 2013.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18773249 · Replies: 3 · Views: 251

Allizard
Posted on: May 21 2014, 11:19 AM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (MP5User @ May 20 2014, 04:02 PM) *
Prime quality is up there. Small batches of things, and frequent out of stock labels support the small machining theory.

To the OP, Most aftermarket things are nicer than stock, that's kind of the point. However slapping a Prime slide kit onto something doesnt automatically make it "pro-grade".

I don't even think the OP is reading the thread anymore.
  Forum: Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs · Post Preview: #18772957 · Replies: 17 · Views: 649

Allizard
Posted on: May 20 2014, 05:40 PM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (ostfront @ May 16 2014, 08:33 AM) *
I meant the part you said that aftermarket full builds were close to pro-grade.
Just smaller production of the same grade items.

Prime the company is in HK, but I have heard (from retailers) they mfg in Japan? They are one of the sources regardless, and bunch of these HK and Japanese based had switched to them.

Production (quality) was never the issue, it's design and QC. That area (hk-shenzhen) has plenty sub 1 micron EDM+CNC facilities that would be more than happy to take 500-1000 qty orders (hell, I 3D print to 1 micron there and my orders are always and only 1-offs). They all source from Prime because they can't sculpt/draft lol, Yet they're all experts a-laugh.gif

I know they are in HK. And I'm pretty sure they don't manufacture in Japan. That said, they do make pretty good stuff. I have their LR300 Prime kit plus a few of their slides for my WA pistols.

Forum: Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs · Post Preview: #18772861 · Replies: 17 · Views: 649

Allizard
Posted on: May 20 2014, 12:56 PM

Der Weiner Meister

Co-worker shot me with his spring pistol during lunch break. That started the airsoft war way back in the early 90's.
  Forum: Off Topic Forum · Post Preview: #18772825 · Replies: 37 · Views: 2,117

Allizard
Posted on: May 20 2014, 12:52 PM

Der Weiner Meister

My very 1st personal computer is a Commodore 64 back in 1984. I didn't get my IBM clone until 1986 and it was running DOS 2.1 running. The PC a whopping 6 megahertz. 8086 Intel chip in Turbo mode.

As for the Timex Sinclair, my cousin have one and we played with it for a short while until he's got a TI99-4A.

Forum: Off Topic Forum · Post Preview: #18772824 · Replies: 11 · Views: 291

Allizard
Posted on: May 20 2014, 12:44 PM

Der Weiner Meister

It's like opening a can of worms. Besides, everyone's opinion different. Especially when it comes to regional differences.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18772823 · Replies: 8 · Views: 889

Allizard
Posted on: May 16 2014, 03:22 AM

Der Weiner Meister

QUOTE (ostfront @ May 10 2014, 05:06 PM) *
err. Prime, Anvil, Nova, Detonator, CP... they all source from better mfr than airsoft surgeon, and newer higher quality stuff from airsoft surgeon (single stack square trigger, long dustcover) are from the same mfr that OEM for Prime and Nova. If we calling airsoft surgeon pro-grade, then virtually 2/3 of the aftermarket stuff for gbb pistols are pro-grade...

You are mixing the definitions of garage companies/small production and pro-grade. In fact, garage/small operation companies don't usually split their products into different grades such as commercial, sports and pro. They don't have enough total production to split to different categories :)

Bicycle parts. Big companies like SRAM, Trek or Rockshox, sure they have different grades of products, priced differently, and the really high end components are considered pro-grade because they would be difficult to afford without sponsorship (the definition of "pro" in sports today).
What airsoft product is marketed towards "players' with sponsorship? How many of us get paid for this hobby?
Everything is marketed towards the general public, just some items are priced so only rich/richer people could afford them. You can call them rich-grade... except they are all HK based and just normal-grade in Japan, some might even qualify as dirt-cheap-grade. Those that export primarily to Japan, Prime and pro-win, probably aim for the middle class consumers there.

If there are products manufactured and priced exclusively for people like you, who get paid for this, then those can be considered pro-grade. Short of that, just higher quality commercial products.
Unfortunately, they are also mediocre in quality, very commercial.

This is difference betwen pro and commercial grade products:

Ostfront, if you read my post again. I said there IS NOT a Pro-grande GBB manufacturer. Your example implies Pro-Grade as in manufacturer provide professional sponsorship which you already answered NONE in airsoft industry. So we are basically giving the same answer from different context.

Speaking about Prime. I'd met Prime's owner during Jan 2013 HK Toyfair. He was introduce to me by Sam at PTS. I certainly didn't get the impression they are sourcing at all but they have small machine shop base in HK or somewhere random in China.

Pretty much all aftermarket parts in the airsoft industry are from small machine shops operation. Those brand selling bigger parts like receivers are usually outsource to die-casting company to process which unless you have huge quantity. They aren't even bother to take your order.

Forum: Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs · Post Preview: #18772251 · Replies: 17 · Views: 649

Allizard
Posted on: May 16 2014, 02:48 AM

Der Weiner Meister

Technically if the gearbox is assemble correctly from the factory it should have been GREASED properly.
And you don't need to re-grease the gearbox unless it's been over 30-50k rounds. Or in most cases something broke inside then you can grease it while you replace the broken part.

Lube not necessary the same context as Grease.

Also, we have no problem using Super Lube - Synthetic Multi-Purpose grease on gearbox.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18772250 · Replies: 25 · Views: 701

Allizard
Posted on: May 16 2014, 02:28 AM

Der Weiner Meister

Look like TM is still a member of ASGK. Found it here.

http://www.asgk.jp/asgk/member.html

Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18772248 · Replies: 9 · Views: 469

226 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

No New Posts  No New Replies
Hot topic  Hot Topic (New)
No new  Hot Topic (No New)
Poll  Poll (New)
No new votes  Poll (No New)
Closed  Locked Topic
Moved  Moved Topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3